Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Ghost is Dead

• Start Topic

I hope it's worth it, Angela.  You not only ruin Greg's career, but now you have to sleep with a damn gun in your drawer. All to be some ex drug dealer's honey. You know it's only a matter of time before Ghost gets back in the game.  There's no such thing as leaving the life.  Not unless it's jail or a body bag.

I also can't with Ghost's incompetence. I knew that scratch he gave Kanan wasn't going to put his rabid ass down.  Man, you had a gun. Two of 'em! Use it. Shoot his ass, and then, burn him.

Kudos to whoever said Mike was shifty. I'll admit I was surprised when he called Lobos jefe.

• Love 6

Ghost and Angela make me sick both are so in love but can't tell each other what really going on in their lives. I can't stand this couple

Now that you say it, none of these couples work for me. Ghost and Angela, Tommy and Holly (ugh), Tasha and Sean. They all suck as couples. I didn't want to see any of them win.

• Love 4

I guess I'm confused by Angela. So Jamie tells you that he's no longer about that life and you're fine with it? Even after he comes by with his face all messed up, that doesn't make you think that things might not be okay? Regardless of him telling you that he's out of the life, you know that he's murdered people and was one of the biggest damn drug dealers, but we can look past that? Oh, okay.

Poor Greg. I was really hoping that he'd be able to get a leg up on Angela, but he was just too slow. Hopefully, he FINALLY realizes that Angela is a snake and she's not his friend.

Oh Tommy. I wonder why Ghost never told Tommy that Lobos originally wanted him dead? That way, Tommy would know not to trust Lobos if he ever came around to wanting to work with him. I guess since Ghost thought he killed Lobos, there was no need, but now there's this predicament. I know Ghost and Tommy are on the outs, but I doubt Tommy will go through with killing Ghost. Plus, he won't want the dog to die, either. And...Holly. 

Still not trusting Dre and Ghost shouldn't, either. Dre is probably just Team Dre.

Overall, I was cool with the finale. They left enough threads open so the story can go in many directions next season. Hopefully, one of those directions is Ghost and Angela finally waking the hell up and realizing their relationship is a stupid fantasy.

• Love 4

Loved the way Ghost took out Stern by using the divorce to reveal the two sets of books, the offshoring of cash, and so on.  That was a really good play.  I don't think it's as over as Ghost thinks it is, but for now Ghost is back in charge of Truth, which is as it should be IMHO.  

Was glad to see Shawn's body and that Tasha identified him.  Kanan certainly wasn't as smart as he thought he was.  Killing his own kid was a bridge too far for that boy soldier, who then went scurrying straight to Ghost, a stroke of luck if there ever was one.  

I so wanted Ghost and Angela to stay far away from each other.  I found myself liking her just a little when she told Ghost in so many words to go fuck himself and I got icky skeeved out when they got back together at the end.  Blech.  

• Love 1

I'm done with this show. I hate Ghost and Angela.

As for Kanaan, that made no sense, Ghost stabbed him in the abs and he went down like a lightweight which made no sense, there's nothing particularly vital in that area that would result in a fatality. Ghost was right about one thing, Kanaan does talk too much, gloat when someone is dead not while you're pointing a gun at them. JUST SHOOT!

I was really hoping Greg would just off Angela for ruining his life some more and we could be done but no he just warned her he was after her like a moron.

• Love 3

I'm having a difficult time judging the season finale based solely on how much I HATE Holly.  I'd rather see Shawn reincarnated as a houseplant that still drives Ghost around town than watch even 2 more seconds of Holly.  She makes Tommy dumber than Ghost make Angela.  Speaking of which...

I surprisingly loved Angela throwing Greg under the bus.  Hopefully, she'll no longer do that "holier than thou" garbage anymore.  I also appreciated her keeping it real with Ghost about why she wasn't leaving... (paraphrasing) "why leave when I'll be back in a week, month, or year?"

Ghost killing these people himself was dumb as hell.  The entire Ghost-Kanan scene was dumb as hell.  Kanan trusting Tommy was dumb as hell.  The idea that Kanan somehow escaped is completely moronic.

• Love 6

Can someone please explain to me how Angela made it through this episode completely fucking unscathed?!?  Not a bullet, a knife wound, or even a well deserved slap across her damn, smug ass face?  I just knew something was going to happen to her and I kept waiting and waiting and waiting.  And of course, Greg is actual a decent dude, so he only threatened to get at her legally.  I'm definitely routing for him to succeed, but still entirely unsatisfying.  Ugh!

And on the things that annoyed me note: why the fuck is Holly back?  Tommy's already crazy and when she's around, his brain is always more muddled. 

Oh Tommy. I wonder why Ghost never told Tommy that Lobos originally wanted him dead? That way, Tommy would know not to trust Lobos if he ever came around to wanting to work with him. I guess since Ghost thought he killed Lobos, there was no need, but now there's this predicament. I know Ghost and Tommy are on the outs, but I doubt Tommy will go through with killing Ghost. Plus, he won't want the dog to die, either. And...Holly. 

This has been my main problem with Jamie all season - the fact that he chooses to hide shit from Tommy.  That's your partner, and by your own accounts, your brother.  As crazy as he is, he's the one person that Jamie should be sharing everything with.  If Jamie had told Tommy right after Miami, "hey, I don't have proof yet, but I think Kanaan is behind all this shit," at the very least Tommy would have been suspicious.  If he had said that Holly asked him for money and a new identity, a half truth but still better then letting Tommy think she just left him, Holly wouldn't have been able to use it against Jamie and Jamie wouldn't have gotten stood up on his meet with Kanaan.  If Tommy is supposed to be your partner, let him be your partner.  That's why he pulled a gun on your ass! 

I really don't understand why Ghost killed everybody but Ruiz got to leave town.  How does that make sense?  Ruiz was the main motherfucker, behind Kanaan, trying to undermine Ghost, from the beginning when he tried to make a direct connection to Lobos. 

Speaking of Lobos.  Of course that crazy mother fucker was going to live.  And props to whoever called the head dude as working for Lobos.

Now it makes a lot more sense as to why he chose to believe Angela's bullshit story about Greg.

• Love 4

I also can't with Ghost's incompetence. I knew that scratch he gave Kanan wasn't going to put his rabid ass down.  Man, you had a gun. Two of 'em! Use it. Shoot his ass, and then, burn him.

Exactly! Shoot him in the head! Even if that stab wound were enough to make him bleed out, that takes time (which is why bleeding out via a stomach wound is supposed to be excruciating), which gives him time to fight through the pain and get up. Shooting him in the head is instantaneous. Duh! About the only smart play he made was the one with Simon's wife. That was clever.

I liked Angela when she changed Ghost's name to "Do Not Answer" because everyone has been there, and also when she told Ghost to leave her the fuck alone and laid out that she supported her family. I did wonder what she was going to do with all that loot he gave her. That necklace alone would probably cover her nephew's tuition. But when she said she "can't get over" him I was like "... Really?" I mean, I get that they have history, but ... can't get over him, ever? In life? At least she was honest with herself when she said she'd just be back there at some point.

Ugh, fuck Holly. Ugh.

Next season, the story I'm most interested in is Greg taking Angela down. (He's too nice a guy to cap her ass, otherwise he'd have done it in the basement.) You know he regrets the day he laid eyes on her. Next would be Mike and Lobos - I didn't see that coming, props to those who did. I really like Enrique Murciano as Lobos - everything else I've seen him in (Without a Trace, Bloodline), he's played straight-laced cops. He's clearly having a ball playing a nut. I'm not interested in Tasha, although I will say that Naturi Naughton did a good job - the mixed emotions on her face when she heard Ghost and Angela were over were well done.

Shallow note: the coats they put Omari Hardwick in rival the ones the Scandal folks use for Kerry Washington. Gorgeous. I want to pet them through the TV.

• Love 5

I really don't understand why Ghost killed everybody but Ruiz got to leave town.

Angela had told him that when Isabella Ruiz took the stand to testify at the hearing, Angela's career would be over.  Getting Ruiz and his family out of town killed two birds with one stone.  Ruiz is gone and his daughter can't testify.  Ruiz is also the only one who had a family that might be at risk, so he'd be more open to a warning to leave town than the others would be.

At this point, the characters I care most about are Greg and Tommy's puppy.

• Love 2

Shallow note: the coats they put Omari Hardwick in rival the ones the Scandal folks use for Kerry Washington. Gorgeous. I want to pet them through the TV.

Indeed. Fabulous coats.  However, wardrobe needs to stop putting Naturi in smedium, boob-squishing shirts.  That top she wore when she went to the club looked mad uncomfortable.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 2

FFS, Angela just barely escaped getting disbarred and she still goes back to Jamie. She's like an abused wife who can't let go no matter how bad it gets. Apparently Jamie does indeed beat it up.

This move where someone stands close enough to someone else to get their gun slapped out of their hand was way overused in past two episodes. I think the producers need to declare an indefinite moratorium on it.

Why would they call Tasha to identify Shawn's body? Why not his mother?

I thought Ghost was working up to his own "who shot J.R.?" -style cliffhanger. Maybe next season.

Kanan survived getting stabbed and set on fire? That guy is the Devil. And I guess James never saw the movie Nurse Betty: "Three in the head, you know they're dead."

Tommy has a nice butt. Pale but nice.

• Love 5

Indeed. Fabulous coats.  However, wardrobe needs to stop putting Naturi in smedium, boob-squishing shirts.  That top she wore when she went to the club looked mad uncomfortable.

I think it's done on purpose to show the difference between Jamie and Angela vs Jamie and Tasha. Tasha dresses like a hood chick with money while Jamie's taste has changed/ grown. Angela dresses like what Jamie wants his woman to dress like

Angela killed me blaming Jamie for her possibly losing her job and license. I don't remember Jamie telling her to break the law getting the evidence or to befriend a 14 year old girl and the cluster fuck that is Holly.

I still don't understand why Tommy is mad at Ghost for sending Holly away she spoke to the FBI ghost had every right to kill her. Tommy has killed for less

Tasha has no reason to be mad at ghost for killing Sean (her thoughts) if she wanted a man she should not have chosen Sean silly woman

Edited by Easyspreestep
  • Love 3

Kudos to whoever said Mike was shifty. I'll admit I was surprised when he called Lobos jefe.

Agreed, did not expect that. Also, did not expect Angela to throw Greg under the bus.

At this point, the characters I care most about are Greg and Tommy's puppy.

I want Tommy's puppy, and I want Greg to nail Angela's ass to the wall.

Also wondering why Tasha was there to ID Sean. As others have said everyone knows you kill with head shots. Leaving K to bleed out, is dumb as shit, knew he wasn't dead.

Ghost really screwed up by not being more honest with Tommy, he's lost an ally, and gained an enemy.

• Love 1

Also wondering why Tasha was there to ID Sean. As others have said everyone knows you kill with head shots. Leaving K to bleed out, is dumb as shit, knew he wasn't dead.

Ghost really screwed up by not being more honest with Tommy, he's lost an ally, and gained an enemy.

Agreed. Why was Tasha iding the body after all, Sean had a mother. I don't even think I will continue with Power next year because I fear Ghost will be killed. I don't know why I like Ghost. Thinking maybe I am still seeing him as the guy from Sparkle, the remake, who lost the girl to Satin. LOL. What I did like was his friendship with Tommy which is no more and I don't want to see a show down between those two. So I am out on Power and the story ends here for me.

I dont see how they could kill Ghost. As was stated upthread, he's Olivia Pope basically. The lead character, he's not going anywhere.

I am more surprised by Angela throwing Greg wayyy under the bus....shit that was a freaking tractor trailer, than I was about her boss actually working for Lobos. I didnt think Angela had it in her to do Greg like that. I mean damnnn! She just blew his career into pieces when he has done nothing but try to help her dumb ass. Greg is the walking, talking example of no good deed goes unpunished. That was so foul. I can't wait for him to bring her down.

I am so disappointed Ghost didnt bust SEVERAL caps in Kanaan's big ass skull. I did lol when Ghost said "you talk too damn much" before lighting the match.

Ugghh...Holly is back.

All this backstabbing and back and forth gave me whiplash. I just hope this show doesnt turn into Scandal and become some nosensical, convoluted mess. They are on the borderline right now as far as im concerned.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 2

Lol! I actually just met Taimak about a month ago.

I didn't understand why Ghost just didn't shoot Kanan as on as he walked through the door. There was no discussion needed; Kanan knew what time it was. But I guess we wouldn't have gotten a beat up Jamie for Angela to fawn all over. Certainly not looking forward to seeing a crispy Kanan next season.

• Love 2

I join everyone else with the Holly hate ughhh she sucks how can Tommy be mad at Ghost for sending her away she was talking to the feds!!! 

I hated Angela the whole damn season but she held Ghost down. I don't like how she threw Greg under the bus and was very surprised by it. Aside from some of the bad acting I still like the show and am looking forward to next year. 

I hope it's worth it, Angela.  You not only ruin Greg's career, but now you have to sleep with a damn gun in your drawer. All to be some ex drug dealer's honey. You know it's only a matter of time before Ghost gets back in the game.  There's no such thing as leaving the life.  Not unless it's jail or a body bag.

LOL) I guess I am a decent plot-guesser)) though some things about Mike were obvious: too expensive the suit, too smug the face, too arrogant the smile, too cold the eyes, too good the Spanish for white boy, too metrosexual (Lobos is pretty much into physically fit boys)) all signs were there!

LOL) I guess I am a decent plot-guesser)) though some things about Mike were obvious: too expensive the suit, too smug the face, too arrogant the smile, too cold the eyes, too good the Spanish for white boy, too metrosexual (Lobos is pretty much into physically fit boys)) all signs were there!

This cracked me up, but isn't Mike Latino?

Finally saw the finale.

You had ONE job, Ghost!

I knew Kanan wasn't dead, but I hoped against hope. I hate him so much.

He shot Vladimir twice when he didn't have to, so why not make damn sure Kanan's dead? Ugh!

"Usually that telenovela look disgusts me, but on you.."

Lobos for the win. And trust me, that is a sentence I never thought I'd type.

Ugh, fuck Holly. Ugh.

For real! Assuming Tommy ends up not killing Ghost, can Lobos please take out Holly? I was deeply annoyed to see her reappear.

Surprised at how entertaining I found the finale - well, you know, except for Angela's stupid.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 4

Why would they call Tasha to identify Shawn's body? Why not his mother?

I'm going to guess it's because she had been the last person communicating with him.  And it appears they were texting/etc a lot so she would have been all over his phone.  His mom might not have been in there.

Because I would hazard a guess that his body wasn't hidden very well (even though dude who's name I don't know but he's been a character all season (and I think is now working for Ghost) was told to hide it well), in the hopes that Kanan would get caught somehow.