Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Dare to Dream

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I'm watching the replay now and I am wondering, was that Mia teaching the dance during semis?  Well, one of the teachers :)

Who was the girl they showed at the beginning that was a engineering major she was doing calculations at her desk? I liked her

That is Regular Amy (as opposed to Auto Amy)

I can't decide who is more desperate....Auto Amy or Christina?

Gosh.  That's a good question but I would need to give that to Christina.  Her smile always looks so tremulous, like she's getting ready to cry prettily.

• Love 1

The editing last night was ridiculous.  They showed Amy (I think that's her name -- the short African-American girl) as the last one called when announcing the names of those going to finals, but as she's walking up there, you can see Taylor and Amy L. still sitting there, and we know they made it too!

Yep. I always notice things like this too!

Also, thanks to being able to pause live TV, I have seen a lot of looks/exchanges between candidates that make me wonder are they all truly friends...lol

I watched the show last night and I can't help it, but I'm at work watching it again on CMT! Addicted. lol  I always catch other things the second time around.

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 1

I like Christina. She has a big smile and seems a genuinely nice person. She was injured last year and I think it's cool she's giving it another go this year.

Gotta ask, did anyone else notice that Taylor's freestyle routine was exactly the same as last year? Wouldn't you think she'd shake it up a bit? After all, they've seen her numerous years in a row. I'd shake it up a bit instead of doing the same thing. Of course, we did see her the full 90 seconds, but every time I did see her, it was the same moves as last year.

I'm watching the replay now and I am wondering, was that Mia teaching the dance during semis? Well, one of the teachers.

i was wondering the same thing.

Edited by mardo4
  • Love 1

Also, thanks to being able to pause live TV, I have seen a lot of looks/exchanges between candidates that make me wonder are they all truly friends...lol

I watched the show last night and I can't help it, but I'm at work watching it again on CMT! Addicted. lol I always catch other things the second time around.

What do you mean looks between candidates? I'm watching it now so I'm wondering what to look for

• Love 2

I like Christina. She has a big smile and seems a genuinely nice person. She was injured last year and I think it's cool she's giving it another go this year.

Me too... I was looking in this episode to see if she has the spilts and the kicks this year but I did not see it. Did anyone else? They commented on auto amy and showed footage on her splits and they did not look good... so hoping Christina reallty worked on them. I am hoping for both of them.

Edited by mardo4

Remember episode threads are for what is shown in the episode or previews of the next episode. Please use spoilers tags for what will be shown in future episodes aka girls who will not make training camp, who will be cut, make the final squad etc. etc. Thank you.

Me too... I was looking in this episode to see if she has the spilts and the kicks this year but I did not see it. Did anyone else? They commented on auto amy and showed footage on her splits and they did not look good... so hoping Christina reallty worked on them. I am hoping for both of them.

I didn't notice her kicks and splits, but I'll take a look when I watch again on CMT or On Demand. That'll be the true test on whether she makes it to TC - if her kicks are still low. 

Did anyone notice that Colby was wearing a different costume when they called the names of the finalists?  She auditioned in a turquoise outfit but was wearing pink when they were calling names at the end.

And, for what it's worth, I like Christina.  Last season I just couldn't imagine her as a DCC, but I thought she looked great last night!

Auto Amy, haha love the name, had the crying, tremulous voice but absolutely no welling up, shiny eyes or tears, oh and let me flash the ring casually. Totally phoney moment. Ashley Smith's tears were real or she is a better actress than sweet Auto Amy.

• Love 2

I thought Auto Amy's responses were genuine, though I agree with the tad bit of desperation. Of course, this is the 3rd or 4th year she's tried out, so I can understand her intensity to the whole situation.

Ashley Paige from Overland Park, KS (I think that's where she's from) looks the same. I wish she'd have tried out for another pro-team. Anyone know if she's been on other team squads? I think she has. It's odd that she waited, what, 3 years to give the DCCs another try?

I felt bad for the blond girl who was a dance major who didn't make it to the finals. She looked really broken up. I'd like to see her again next year.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1

Taylor reminds me of two year retired vet Kim.  I did noticed Alyssa Torres being named as a Script Coordinator in the closing credits. In the next week's previews, the one judge called out Breelan for not acting like she wants to be a DCC.

That's Ashley who cheered for the Chiefs and was a Pro Bowl pick. Wish she would have let it go after last training camp. Instead of being known as that stiff dancer who waddled she should be known as that fantastic KC cheerleader who made it to the top as a Pro bowl rep.

I would kill for Kaitlyn' s luminous skin.

Edited by Paige turner
  • Love 2

Paige turner: Ashley Paige is from Overland Park, KS. and was a KC Chiefs cheerleader. Which Kelsey are you talking about? The one who messed up the 50 yard line question (last year)  and a current AA ice Angel?

Edited by MrsEVH

Paigeturner: Ashley Paige is from Overland Park, KS. and was a KC Chiefs cheerleader. Which Kelsey are you talking about?

She was quoting me but somehow the quotation frame didn't show up. I said Kelsey but remember her name was Ashley Paige and changed it! lol

I couldn't fathom why they chose to show 50 yard football field Kelsey talking about how fast the teaching of the routine was considering she made finals last year. I hope she has a good interview this time!

I'm sad Ashley Paige came back with the same dance style. She got quite a few comments about her stiff dancing when she tried out two years ago but her style has not changed one bit. I don't see her making the team and with the comments she got during the semi deliberations she'll be lucky to make training camp.

I see Christina is back again. I kind of understand considering the way she left last year. But I think I saw her in the crowd of people that didn't get picked for TC like 4 years ago. That's a long time to chase a dream with only Training Camp to show for it. If this isn't her year she might need to just accept this is a dream she can't catch.

I'm rooting for Auto Amy but she seems really desperate. I mean not even being able to pick a date for her wedding? Yikes. But she's made it further than ever before right? I wonder what she'll do if she doesn't make it this year?

So glad this show is back!

Edited by SanLynn

Watching now, and this Courtney girl looks like the Caitlin? maybe? who barely made the team and was cut the next year. She's going to have weight issues.

Colbi from London *INSERT HUGE EYEROLL* She needs to be a Real Housewife of OC.  She actually reminds me somehow of Kathryn Dunn, except Kathryn wasn't annoying, just very pageanty.

Auto Amy is so pretty but her splits aren't there. Christina's teeth are glowing and Ashley Kansas City looks so muscular.

I'm loving SMU engineer girl Caitlynn, but she's going to have weight issues. Taylor is very pretty, but her kicks suck and she'll have weight issues, too. 

Melissa Rycroft looks so much more polished this year. I wonder if last year, she was instructed not to try to compete with the cheerleaders, so she didn't, and just looked messy. Having a new baby is not an excuse IMO to look a hot mess when your job is to be a TV host. It's not like she was working a 12 hour nursing shift or whatever.

At this point, I cannot fathom why anyone who was seriously about being a DCC would show up at auditions without having full sitting splits, super high kicks and without having taken one of Kitty Carter's prep classes and kissing Kitty's backside. 

• Love 2

Kat annoyed me more than Colby . How many times did she need to show everyone she can pull her leg up? I mean really, we get it lol and I feel so bad for Amy Simone. She wants this so badly and works hard. In my opinion her kicks were better than Taylor's despite her short legs Kelli didn't like. I wish they would give her a chance , she's gorgeous, classy and works hard.

Melissa Rycroft: Please buy some new earrings. The red ones you chose to wear at prelims (as well as last year) are not good. Sorry for being negative.

Sorry I don't know how to copy the quote I want to quote on

YES!!!!! I agree. Just not so big. She is so tacky.

Kat annoyed me too a bit with the leg pulling, especially the way she did a slow circle on one leg. That was weird. And she wasn't the only one. It looked to me like a few of the girls remembered Judy's comment about Melissa last year being so great and how she brought her leg up and thought "that's it! That'll get me into semi's".

My main talk back to the show moment... Kelly: There was twerking..... Melissa: A lot of twerkin.... Me: Oh my God the twerking!

I just watched the episode  There were some good dancers, some pretty girls, and there were some pretty girls who could actually dance.  There were some pretty girls who could dance that didn't make it into finals that I wish had.  Auto Amy shouldn't have made it into Finals if her flexibility isn't there.  She also reeks of desperation.  I agree with Melissa (contain your shock and horror, please! lol) that, if your kicks aren't there, you aren't going to make the squad.  I think Kelly and Judy learned from Loni and Kelli Jo that some people just can't learn to kick in the time that is given them, especially under pressure.  Release them and, if they're good the next year, bring them back.  Otherwise don't lead them on and make them think they have a chance.

On another note, have they ever had a girl run off like that before?  I know girls have fallen, maybe even sneaked off before or after they performed, but I've never seen a girl take off in the middle of actually auditioning (especially in kick line) to be sick.  I know she said she wasn't feeling well, but I think the stress got to her enough that she couldn't take it and had to bolt.  If that's the case, she shouldn't be trying out because she's going to be facing a lot more pressure going into finals/Training Camp/being on the squad.  If she folds under pressure, there's no way Kelly and Judy would take her on..  I don't think she made it to finals so that might have solved her problem for her this year.

• Love 1

Okay I saw it. It was obviously edited. I don't think they were actually directing that to Breelan but tried to make it look that way.

Obviously something in the Finals gets her cut or they just decided she had a bad year.

Edited by Teresa
  • Love 2

Other than discussing weight issues on a previous year, I don't think they've ever said that they cut a veteran because she just didn't perform well throughout the year. I'd be curious if this will be the case this year.