Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Dare to Dream

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I read through the long anticipation spoiler thread, but only really noted a couple of the ladies that made it or not.  Must say they did a good job tonight of making me interested in a bunch of the girls who I didn't recognize, particularly those with fantastic educational backgrounds (love that).  Not sure whether to spoil myself to find out if they make it or not.

Edited by Aegolius
  • Love 1

OMG, how much do I dislike Colby. From that atrocious upper lip implant to her phony English accent. I know she lived in London for a long time, but she was an adult, with her speech pattern already formed. I predict she will grate on Kelli' s nerves. I feel for Ashley from KC. She just can't move her body in a fluid motion. Courtney is adorable as is Kaitlyn, who I hope will come back next year.

• Love 5

1. Courtney looked great!!

2. I really don't think Cami was staged. It was probably 5 seconds of the dance and they showed only that to make her look worse:(

3. Ashley Paige unfortunately looks like she has not changed since she was last at TC

4. Taylor's kicks are low low low. Like they debated allowing Mackenzie Lee into TCC because of her kicks and her kicks were fixable! I just think Taylor's were too low to change over a month

5. Ashley pro breaks my heart

6. Amy Simone almost made ME cry

• Love 2

OMG, how much do I dislike Colby. From that atrocious upper lip implant to her phony English accent. I know she lived in London for a long time, but she was an adult, with her speech pattern already formed. I predict she will grate on Kelli' s nerves. I feel for Ashley from KC. She just can't move her body in a fluid motion. Courtney is adorable as is Kaitlyn, who I hope will come back next year.

It sounded like part of her sentence was English accent and half wasn't. And her upper lip annoyed me as well

• Love 1

Please do not post in other threads asking why the episode thread was closed and/or why the 2015 Tryouts and Auditions thread was locked around the time the season's first episode aired. Sadly, there was some problems in the forum the last couple of months, and the mod team decided locking the episode thread before airing will cause less problems for everyone, and less chances of off topic posting. Plus the fact not everyone will be seeing the episode at the same time. Also the tryouts and auditions thread was for discussing tryout and auditions speculation (not use for episode threads.)

Please also remember to use spoilers for what happens in future episodes. Thank you.

Maybe it wasn't staged. But they definitely paid her to tryout for marketing purposes. Cami has an agent and everything she posts on instagram has "#ad" or "#sp" in the caption. She also just released a clothing line... This all violates DCC contract.

She had no intentions of being a DCC, at least not yet anyway. She's too busy hustling, and I respect her for that! Milk it while you can!

• Love 3

I felt so bad for the way they kept saying they weren't sure about Kaitlyn's "look". She was gorgeous!

And I'm probably in a minority, but I liked Colby's accent a lot. Not necessarily her personality, though. It makes sense that a bit of the pronunciation would seep into some words if you live somewhere for six years, but I'd think it would disappear if you'd been back in Texas for the better part of a year. Meh.

I did feel a bit irked at next week's preview, though. Kitty saying "If you're 30, you better dance like you're 20!" What does that even mean?

• Love 2

I think I am missing something with Taylor. Her look is just odd -- we are all used to the girls being overdone but Taylor was just so not natural looking it was almost awkward. i'll be interested to see what comes of her makeover.

1. Courtney looked great!!

2. I really don't think Cami was staged. It was probably 5 seconds of the dance and they showed only that to make her look worse:(

3. Ashley Paige unfortunately looks like she has not changed since she was last at TC

4. Taylor's kicks are low low low. Like they debated allowing Mackenzie Lee into TCC because of her kicks and her kicks were fixable! I just think Taylor's were too low to change over a month

6. Amy Simone almost made ME cry

I agree with everything you said. Ashley Paige has a stiff style unfortunately I do not think she will be able to turn around. I was hoping she could pull it out like Alex did in past season... cut near the end and then back stronger than ever. I guess we stay tuned to see. I was sad to not see Alexandra back again. I think there are alot of rookie slots this year so perhaps it could have been her shot. I love Taylor... but I really think Mackenzie was an exception because she was an exceptional dancer and really well liked by the veterans. I wonder if she really can get J&K to look past the splits long enough to make it. My 9 year old is working on her splits (has them but is now working on laying on her tummy) because she knows Judy will demand them! I have visions of old bitties 10-15 years from now J&K saying "don't you watch MTT people? Everyone should have your splits! Touch the turf with all your glory!" lol This show was on so late for me but I really had to see.

Maybe it wasn't staged. But they definitely paid her to tryout for marketing purposes. Cami has an agent and everything she posts on instagram has "#ad" or "#sp" in the caption. She also just released a clothing line... This all violates DCC contract.

She had no intentions of being a DCC, at least not yet anyway. She's too busy hustling, and I respect her for that! Milk it while you can!

I don't buy it that she was paid to mess up. She is a cheerlebrity so I can't see her doing that to her reputation. Plus she's a DCC legacy. I think the girl simply got overwhelmed and forgot the dance. On the day of semi-finals she tweeted that she was mad at herself. But hey we are all entitled to our own opinion on the matter.

• Love 8

I agree with everything you said. Ashley Paige has a stiff style unfortunately I do not think she will be able to turn around. I was hoping she could pull it out like Alex did in past season... cut near the end and then back stronger than ever. I guess we stay tuned to see. I was sad to not see Alexandra back again. I think there are alot of rookie slots this year so perhaps it could have been her shot. I love Taylor... but I really think Mackenzie was an exception because she was an exceptional dancer and really well liked by the veterans. I wonder if she really can get J&K to look past the splits long enough to make it. My 9 year old is working on her splits (has them but is now working on laying on her tummy) because she knows Judy will demand them! I have visions of old bitties 10-15 years from now J&K saying "don't you watch MTT people? Everyone should have your splits! Touch the turf with all your glory!" lol This show was on so late for me but I really had to see.

Alexandra recently had a baby so she didn't go out for any teams.

Can't wait to watch...tomorrow. :(

I thought Melissa looked great as a judge for this episode. I was a little annoyed that she did not seem to make an effort on appearance last year because Kelly and Judy always look great and represent the brand well. It just seemed odd when Kitty was yelling at now veteran Erica for not curling her hair for practice to have Melissa with her hair thrown into a rubberband on top of her head. Then someone told me last year she had just had a baby who was 4 months old at time of filming. I felt terrible! Anyway, thanks Melissa for the mascara and the nice hair this season. I did notice. :)

• Love 2

Alexandra recently had a baby so she didn't go out for any teams.

Can't wait to watch...tomorrow. :(

Thanks for that info! I am glad she missed it for something great. :) Hopefully she comes back in a season or 2.
  • Love 2

Wow a "football field is 50 yards" made it to finals. She is a real stunner, so I hope she studied her football facts this year! :)

There was so much happening in this episode I think I need to rewatch it a few times.

I think I am missing something with Taylor. Her look is just odd -- we are all used to the girls being overdone but Taylor was just so not natural looking it was almost awkward. i'll be interested to see what comes of her makeover.

I think she is really pretty, IMO. However, I think she was a brunette last year and that suited her better. I could be wrong.
  • Love 1

Thank you cmt.com for putting the new episode up on their site!! I was able to watch this morning while I got ready for work!! :-D

*I am seriously torn on Colby. One moment I think she is gorgeous and sweet, the next I feel like she's kind of fake and so skeleton it's alarming.  I think I will end up liking her but she is definitely polarizing.

*LOVE Kat! Not sure why they aren't big on her look? I think she is so pretty and just a pleasant person to watch. 

*Kaitlin was cute but did not have the look to me at all.  She kind of reminded me of Courtney LAST year. Maybe she will come back though and make it next year! She seemed to sweet and SMART.

*Amy T must be this year's Melissa Lynn LOL  Great dancer, double majoring in a difficult field...they all seemed to love her.

*Courtney is adorable and so poised, also really liked Amy.  I'm so glad she got more air time this year! 

*Oh Taylor...I think she is beautiful and fun to watch (I know I'm in the minority on that) but HER KICKS. I have terrible flexibility and short legs but just from doing kickboxing classes over the past few months my kicks are higher than that! I am really amazed they gave her a chance with kicks that low. 

*Ashley Paige is beautiful as always but even I thought she looked kind of stiff. I feel awful because I think personality wise she'd be great for the DCC.

The previews for next week...poor Ashley Pro!! Though I admit I feel a little better if part of why she was cut was a poor audition and not because she gained weight or did bad doing the year, etc. She is such a sweet person. SO curious if it was the way they edited or if Charlotte really asked Breelan if she actually was excited about being a DCC!!

enjoyed Melissa Rycroft.  I like her a lot better so far this year.

• Love 3

Thoughts on the premiere.  Auto Amy was really adorable and had a lot of great energy but K&J seem to have reservations.Taylor looked like a linebacker and with those kicks I am unsure as to why they even bother to take her to finals.  I am clueless as to why everyone though Kat was so cute.  I thought she looked like a mouse with that pointy face.  That being said, her gymnastic skills were pretty great.  The engineer with the patent?  She was gorgeous and seemed like a pretty good dancer, but they all seem pretty good until they are next to the vets :)

Courtney was indeed impressive and I am anxious to see how that story plays out over the season.  I kind of wish Christina wouldn't have been taken into finals again.  I found her annoying last season and didn't like her dancing at all.  Finally, thank the lord Vivian didn't try out again.  I couldn't have taken her rampant ego again this year :P

• Love 2

Thoughts on the premiere.  Auto Amy was really adorable and had a lot of great energy but K&J seem to have reservations.Taylor looked like a linebacker and with those kicks I am unsure as to why they even bother to take her to finals.  I am clueless as to why everyone though Kat was so cute.  I thought she looked like a mouse with that pointy face.  That being said, her gymnastic skills were pretty great.  The engineer with the patent?  She was gorgeous and seemed like a pretty good dancer, but they all seem pretty good until they are next to the vets :)

Courtney was indeed impressive and I am anxious to see how that story plays out over the season.  I kind of wish Christina wouldn't have been taken into finals again.  I found her annoying last season and didn't like her dancing at all.  Finally, thank the lord Vivian didn't try out again.  I couldn't have taken her rampant ego again this year :P

This is why I love everyone's comments! Because it shows how different people are on what they find attractive...I think Kat is one of the prettiest and while I love Amy T so far, her looks are so-so to me.  Cute, but not a stand out by any means.  

I don't get Christina either.  I like her fine but dancing...I don't see it.

ETA: I didn't realize Kat was 29!! For some reason I thought she was like 22.

Edited by LaurenBrook

Robin's voice surprised me. I can't put my finger on why. But I heard her speak and then looked up and saw it was her and the way she looks and the way she sounds don't quite go together in my mind. Amy T also seemed to have something going on with her voice. I can't tell if she has a raging case of vocal fry or if she's just raspy.

Speaking of Amy Trader, they kept coming back to her again and again, with comments about how great she was. Yet every time the showed her dancing, she was just doing some little movement anyone could do. If you're going to try to convince me that someone is an amazing dancer, please show her doing something sort of amazing. Or at least something difficult. A leap. A kick. Something. I also thought the whole thing about her inventing a cartilage implant could have done without the shot of her intensely studying a plastic replica of the human spine. I was impressed by the patent. Then they cut to her staring at that spine as if she'd never seen one before. 

For some reason, this season more than others, it really struck me how ridiculous it is how life-and-death everyone is about being a DCC. Yes it's fun, yes it is competitive and difficult and a lot of exposure and celebrity. But it isn't what I'd call an important job. It's doing mediocre choreography in an extremely skimpy and overtly sexy outfit on the sidelines during a sporting event. That they consider themselves the highest level of class and "americas' sweethearts" is actually kind of laughable to me. When I think of the women I find classy, then try to imagine them in a DCC uniform...no. Not even when they were younger. It's great that the DCC are well-groomed, well-mannered, and well-spoken. Doesn't negate they fact that they're dancing around with all their cleavage out and booty shorts that are tiny even for booty shorts.

Also, Kelli was walking so stiffly - like her heels were way too high for her and she was spanx-ed within an inch of her life.              

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 6

LOL That is part of the fun, seeing all the different opinions!  I should have said it differently though.  Really all the women are attractive and certainly better looking than I am, but they are almost all attractive in the exact same way.  I don't know that there is a standout beauty for me in this year's crop though.  I like a mixture of unusual looks with an energy and genuine demeanor.   I guess the closest to that in S10 is Courtney.

Some standouts for me in past seasons were Sasha Agent, Lauren Williams,  Mckenzie Lee, Kim and Ann Lux (I realize the irony in mentioning "energy" with Ann but I loved her none-the-less!)

Edited by ChlcGirl
they are almost all attractive in the exact same way

I couldn't agree with this more. Everyone is pretty, but there is a sameness. Which is done intentionally, I believe. After all, as we've been told, the uniform is the celebrity, not the person in it. I get the feeling they don't want the girls to be too distinct from one another. I can't figure out what they do to make them all look alike. I looked at a few other teams to see if I could figure it out. The Redskins team is beautifully diverse. I'm not talking racially/ethnically, although they are certainly more diverse in that way too, but all of the woman look different. It's not a case where all the blondes look alike, all the brunettes look alike, etc.

Getting back to the DCC, I was surprised how pretty Holly with the short brown hair is. Having seen a photo previously, I thought she'd be quite plain. Her skin is gorgeous. 

Seeing her live, it makes no sense that they gave her that orangey hair. It does nothing to enhance and actually detracts from her looks. I hope they change that.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4

That Cami Branson bit was so obviously staged it hurt. She literally just stood standing still, not even trying to dance or do any type of movement whatsoever

I just don't think so actually. They barely spent any time on her at all. Not even an intro package. If they did it for drama, a lot more would've gone into showing her before and after. I had no clue who she even was before reading this forum.

I thought Melissa looked great as a judge for this episode. I was a little annoyed that she did not seem to make an effort on appearance last year because Kelly and Judy always look great and represent the brand well. It just seemed odd when Kitty was yelling at now veteran Erica for not curling her hair for practice to have Melissa with her hair thrown into a rubberband on top of her head. Then someone told me last year she had just had a baby who was 4 months old at time of filming. I felt terrible! Anyway, thanks Melissa for the mascara and the nice hair this season. I did notice. :)

I have to think Melissa reads this board or other comments from last season about how un put together she looked.

I also think it's sad about Ashley Paige just not cutting it style wise because she literally has the total package in every other area. She can clearly remember choreo but can't execute it the way they need her to. She is beautiful and well spoken and seems so sweet too.

Other Ashley I'm sad for is Ashley Pro also :(  I am going to miss her this season.

And I agree with the above poster that DCC Choreo is very mediocre at best. I have never liked their same repetitive silly moves they have them do over and over and just changing the order and calling it a different dance. They need fresh choreo stat! 

• Love 2

Robin's voice surprised me. I can't put my finger on why. But I heard her speak and then looked up and saw it was her and the way she looks and the way she sounds don't quite go together in my mind. Amy T also seemed to have something going on with her voice. I can't tell if she has a raging case of vocal fry or if she's just raspy.

I totally agree that robins voice was not what I expected! I can't put my finger on why but I just expected something else haha

I'm so anxious to see how Finals go and I hate that we have to wait a week haha.

I'm very interested to see how TC goes because I just loved Courtney so much during the first episode and thought she was a power house so I'm interested to see what goes wrong. Heck even Charlotte said she was her favorite so far

• Love 1

I just don't think so actually. They barely spent any time on her at all. Not even an intro package. If they did it for drama, a lot more would've gone into showing her before and after. I had no clue who she even was before reading this forum.

I have to think Melissa reads this board or other comments from last season about how un put together she looked.

I also think it's sad about Ashley Paige just not cutting it style wise because she literally has the total package in every other area. She can clearly remember choreo but can't execute it the way they need her to. She is beautiful and well spoken and seems so sweet too.

Other Ashley I'm sad for is Ashley Pro also :( I am going to miss her this season.

And I agree with the above poster that DCC Choreo is very mediocre at best. I have never liked their same repetitive silly moves they have them do over and over and just changing the order and calling it a different dance. They need fresh choreo stat!

Lol she has everything except the dance style which is 90% of the job. She wouldn't have made it to semifinals.

Taylor looks trashy and heavy. She should've been cut at semifinals when they saw her horrible kicks, but someone has to be the sacrificial "can't get the kicks up" girl. She's only there for the drama factor of a late cut.

Christina looks like she had her teeth done. She's uncomfortable to look at. Plus, she's overly tanned.

Colby is completely fake. From her accent to her old body.

Edited by Dancer.Lyfe

I haven't watched yet, but I'm sure that nothing that I see on the show will convince me that Cami Branson was paid to try out and didn't actually want to be a DCC. Don't buy it one bit. I highly doubt that someone of her stature needs to do that type of gig, or would be willing to hurt her reputation that way. I fully expect to see her back next year and see her on the team in due course.

Anyway...still can't wait to watch. Lol.

• Love 2

Exactly. And I now know (thanks to this forum) she is so well known in her industry I don't think she would damage her own branding that way. I hope she comes back next year because she would be an awesome addition to DCC!

Yeah based on Taylor's tryout she shouldn't have made it to finals. Once they saw the kick line she should have been done. No amount of stretching can make her kicks look like Kat's in one summer

I love love Courtney, Kat, Robin, and Holly just to name a few. They didn't focus on everyone last night but from what I saw of these 3, I'm impressed. 

I can't wait to see why they cut Courtney. I hope she comes back next year!

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 1

Yeah based on Taylor's tryout she shouldn't have made it to finals. Once they saw the kick line she should have been done. No amount of stretching can make her kicks look like Kat's in one summer

I'm probably in the minority but I actually like Taylor and respect how hard she worked prior. However, considering the amount of time that she spent preparing for DCC, I must admit I'm confused as to why she didn't work on her kicks!

• Love 3

Random thought: but does anyone else besides me wish they would change the music they use. Everytime they show the candidates that are obviously NOT ever going to make the team, they always play the same music!! lol

I also wish Kelli would wear a different style of dress. IMO, Judy always looks cute, but Kelli...idk! 

• Love 2

Random thought: but does anyone else besides me wish they would change the music they use. Everytime they show the candidates that are obviously NOT ever going to make the team, they always play the same music!! lol

I also wish Kelli would wear a different style of dress. IMO, Judy always looks cute, but Kelli...idk!

Yeah, Kelli is gorgeous, but the dresses she always wears at auditions...she looks like a can of biscuits ready to pop.

• Love 10
Personally, I think Cami is way to skinny. She looks like a 12 year old prepubescent child

I think her build is fairly typical for flyers in all-star and collegiate-style cheer.

It's interesting that she seemed to know she would be featured on the show. Or did she? (Insert conspiracy theory music.) Lots of girls screw up completely, and others did just as badly as Cami. But she seemed rather certain (way ahead of time) that her mess up would be shown. Or is that due to her "celebrity" (which I put in quotes because as far as I know, she's only well known in her industry. The vast majority of viewers would have no idea who she is, so why would CMT feel the need to highlight her especially?)

I think I need to rewatch the show when it is on today at 3 pm because I am clueless on some of these names lol

I don't think they gave many names in the show. I think most people who know the names have been hanging out in the spoilers thread and are already familiar with photos of the girls.

Auto Amy

Best hair makeover (and best nickname) ever! And helpful too, since there are two Amys and a Simone. Having an Amy Simone on top of that is just extra confusion I do not need.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

The editing last night was ridiculous.  They showed Amy (I think that's her name -- the short African-American girl) as the last one called when announcing the names of those going to finals, but as she's walking up there, you can see Taylor and Amy L. still sitting there, and we know they made it too!

• Love 4

iTunes FINALLY got Season 10 up and running so I'm excited that I get to see it, especially since I don't have cable anymore.  Now, if they can only get the two-hour special as well as Seasons 1 and 2, I'd be a really happy girl this weekend.