Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: eps1.6_v1ew-s0urce.flv

• Start Topic

I think Elliott had no idea his dog was microchipped, and was silently aghast.  He had just been purging his electronics of every trace of him, and the whole time, his dog has a RFID.  Oh man, I hope this doesn't lead to some scene where he thinks he has to remove the chip--or worse.  (I don't really know why he would, since all it does is identify the dog as belonging to his therapist's ex-boyfriend, and he just confessed all of his interference in her life).

He could probably make the data on the chip useless or his - just hack into the microchip registry for the chip and change the information to his.

Edited by bros402
  • Love 2

I thought the murder was planned, but he was upset by it anyway, just not enough to stop him. Like how Colby said sure it bothered some of them to poison the town, but not enough to refrain from doing it. Maybe Welliker didn't realize how much it would bother him til it was over, but he seemed to be pretty determined to kill her, to me that didn't look like he was out of control or oblivious to what he was doing, as in rough sex that went too far by accident. The whole thing looked very intentional to me. He got her into position and then went right for the kill. I thought it was for revenge, and also to destroy the psyche of her husband.

The ideas that they might be framing the husband or trying to make him look crazy if/when he accuses Welliker also seem plausible to me. First he wanted to destroy the CTO by getting his wife to cheat-- breaking up the marriage wouldn't give Welliker the job, necessarily. But they seemed to think it was a good idea, so somehow they are trying to get to him by going after her, both times. Alive, maybe she could have been a mistress who acted as a mole and provided damaging information. But dead, it looks more like just making the guy crack.

Maybe they think they can just eliminate everyone else til he's the only one left standing. It did seem weirdly obvious, though. How does he not get caught? So based on that, maybe he did just go too far, but to me he didn't seem surprised when she was dead.

Maybe the answer is that he's just totally psychotic, like half the other people on this show.

• Like 1

Instead of even meeting the couple, they could have hired an assassin to kill her or him and make it look like an accident.

Yes, that would have been implausible, only stuff you see in the movies.

But if he gets the promotion after this, the show will be completely ridiculous.

When he seduced the gay secretary of the CEO so that he could bug the guy's phone, that was ridiculous too.  There are professionals he could have hired to bug or spy on the CEO.  But doing it this way has shock value.

Ooh, look at this villain, he seduces anyone, has no morals, will kill to get what he wants.  And he's rising up the ladder of Evil Corp.

• Love 3

Psychopaths are not supposed to feel remorse, but maybe Tyrell was upset because he fucked up the plan by killing the CTO's wife? Tyrell's wife might compete with Vera as the show's most evil psychopath.  I love this show, but they need to keep around some people to root for.  If they do anything to Flipper, I may need to stop watching.

• Love 1

In my opinion all of our main characters are mentally challenged. They all desire something but have different ways around it and they do not realize that these ways can be harming to others.

I can get the shock on Tyrells face. He is just an underboy that is humiliated all the time ( At the company and home) and is also unfortunately very ambitious. When you are trying to take over a supposed multi billion company them you would face tons of pressure too. He even fired the guys who were telling the pure truth! The wife may be using Ty for her own agendas but this could just be a genious tale about corporism that affects our morals.

I havent gotten to like Angela yet, I am liking Darlene more. But Angela sure told the creep Colby off ( He should just choke on his balls already!)

Edited by AstralNeo
  • Love 1

Strangling someone is a pretty bad planned way of killing someone. There are all kinds of ways it can go wrong and tons of physical evidence is left behind. You can leave finger/hand prints behind on the neck. Not to mention leaving behind hair, clothing fibers, foot prints. It's also possible that someone from another building could witness the crime. She could scream or scratch the face or eyes, leaving even more DNA in the fingernails. 

• Love 2

I think Gideon is a powerless sell-out trying to keep the kids on track to a life of serving E Corp.  I'm worried that the show might be running out of plot options.  If everyone is either a victim or lackey of corporate greed, then it's just different versions of Godzilla v King Kong.

• Love 1

Do any of these plot threads have anything to do with each other? Or are they just random events happening to people whose lives overlap (barely)? None of this feels connected.

I appreciate writers trying to not follow old tired predictable cliches, but things have to make sense, and I must say there is a lot that doesn't add up here. The only possible explanations for Crazypants Tyrell's behavior are all pretty outlandish. Did Shayla's unfortunate death have anything to do with fsociety? Does Mr. Robot's Scooby Gang have anything to do with Angela's dead mother? Apologies if I am missing obvious things, but I'm kinda lost. 

Edited by lidarose9

Psychopaths are not supposed to feel remorse, but maybe Tyrell was upset because he fucked up the plan by killing the CTO's wife? Tyrell's wife might compete with Vera as the show's most evil psychopath.  I love this show, but they need to keep around some people to root for.  If they do anything to Flipper, I may need to stop watching.

I'm operating under the assumption that Flipper has plot armor.

• Love 4

Does anyone else feel a bit spoon fed that the evil conglomerate corporation is called 'Evil Corp? I think their marketing team should suggest a rebrand. I know us viewers are stoopid , but come on!

Does anyone else feel a bit spoon fed that the evil conglomerate corporation is called 'Evil Corp? I think their marketing team should suggest a rebrand. I know us viewers are stoopid , but come on!

I'm pretty sure that it's E-corp and Elliot hears people saying Evil Corp because that's what he thinks of it as.

We know for sure that he sees and hears all kinds of shit that isn't actually happening.

• Love 1

So, Mr. Robot is real after all? We see him interacting with Darlene and Romero, with no Elliot in sight.

I don't get what the Swedes' plan is either. Just seems like a good way to get him arrested for murder. His DNA is all over the body now. But, I also don't really care about him, his creepy wife, or the CTO. Why are we supposed to care about them again?

Boring Angela is boring, and comes across as way too passive, whether sitting there quietly while being insulted by Colby, or telling him off but in a sad pathetic way.

I wish Elliot hadn't told all that to his therapist. She was a nice person trying to help him, and she really didn't deserve that.