Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: Rumble On The Runway

• Start Topic

I agree that Sonja is crazy and her team's inability to answer basic questions is a red flag, but I think more than anything, they're embarrassed. Sonja's always had delusions of grandeur. After smoky eye, updo and Gstaad comes Bergdorf's and Neiman Marcus, not....available online. Hence the hemming and hawing and Dubai and my daughter and the spin and deflection whenever she's asked a simple question about retail.

Sonja may be hoping to have investors or after appearing on Bravo get stores involved.  BTW that Dubai crap is a big deal with reality star types.  The Kardashians and the Hiltons have footholds there.  I think if Sonja got some Dubai money she could properly launch.  

So www.aliexpress.com is "couture" too ^_^ 

I meant made to order.  The word "couture" gets thrown around quite a bit but it does actually mean made to order (preferably by hand) - although the literal translation is "sewing."  

So I just read on another site re: Sonja's website that the clothes are only made after an order is placed, and customers are then told to wait 4-6 weeks for delivery, only it's been two months, and none of the orders are getting fulfilled. Not sure how reliable this is, but it makes sense. I could never understand how things could be on "pre-order" for so long, and then when they're finally available, it still takes weeks/months to deliver. This explains it. One of Sonja's interns is probably the poor soul sitting in a back room trying to thread a needle.

So that's where Pickles has been this season.

• Love 12

I meant made to order.  The word "couture" gets thrown around quite a bit but it does actually mean made to order (preferably by hand) - although the literal translation is "sewing."  

Yes, I understood it that way ! A lot of shops, on aliexpress make custom orders, at your measures, hand sewing, etc...  That was the meaning of my post (sorry if it was not clear, English is not my 1st language at all ;) )

EDIT to add a link to illustrate : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Made-To-Order-Asymmetrical-Floor-Length-Chiffon-One-Shoulder-High-Low-Prom-Dress-With/1924955442.html

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 1

Sonja may be hoping to have investors or after appearing on Bravo get stores involved.  BTW that Dubai crap is a big deal with reality star types.  The Kardashians and the Hiltons have footholds there.  I think if Sonja got some Dubai money she could properly launch.

Please don't make me defend the Kartrashians or the Hiltons, but as crappy as their lines are, they at least have legitimate business people putting these deals together and manufacturing the line. The more I'm reading about this, the more I think this is a bust. At this rate, I think the toasters might make it to stores before her clothes ever do.

• Love 4

I don't work in anything to do with clothing but in my business--and I suspect this is true of almost all types of work--you can often spot the amateur by their dismissal of basic professional questions in just this way.

YES, EXACTLY.

This has always been the problem when Heather, and now Heather and Bethenny, have tried to help Sonja. Sonja doesn't know much, and she has never been interested in learning what she doesn't know. Every basic piece of business advice or assistance that Heather or Bethenny attempts to give her sounds like criticism to her. There's always been a fundamental disconnect between Sonja, who wants "support" and "help" of the empty, vague "you go, girl" variety, and the more legitimate, knowledgeable businesspeople who think the way to help her is to try to educate her. She just rejects the idea that she has anything to learn, so actual advice is never going to land.

• Love 13

Yikes,  Heather asks a simple question - who do you envision yourself hanging with in the department stores.  And that is somehow putting the CEO of the company on spot and laying into him.  She had a followup question to the answers given.  What brands do you see yourself with.  That was it.  I think I was watching a different show.

I absolutely think it's a question worth asking.  But if Heather really gave 2 shits she might've asked it during their vacation or any time before the cameras started rolling - IF she really cared about not embarrassing Sonja.  But it's not even the timing it's....

But there's such a meanness to it.  It does seem she would have taken great satisfaction in proving this "business" to be a total fraud & out these "execs" as all being phonies. 

I think Sonja is a crackpot.  And I don't think her clothes are going to amount to much and all those execs are shady.

But I think Heather is mean as a snake. Or a smiling crocodile.

• Love 3

Yes, I understood it that way ! A lot of shops, on aliexpress make custom orders, at your measures, hand sewing, etc...  That was the meaning of my post (sorry if it was not clear, English is not my 1st language at all ;) )

EDIT to add a link to illustrate : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Made-To-Order-Asymmetrical-Floor-Length-Chiffon-One-Shoulder-High-Low-Prom-Dress-With/1924955442.html

Oh.  I'm sorry.  I only knew of that website as a catch all web shop for clothes.  I am just surprised that Sonja's company would actually go through the trouble of doing "couture" instead of mass producing the pieces since they are sized S,M&L.  Normally, as you stated, those vendors actually get your measurements.  Seems like a lot of wasted labor since the customer would need to get it tailored.

• Love 2

YES, EXACTLY.This has always been the problem when Heather, and now Heather and Bethenny, have tried to help Sonja. Sonja doesn't know much, and she has never been interested in learning what she doesn't know. Every basic piece of business advice or assistance that Heather or Bethenny attempts to give her sounds like criticism to her. There's always been a fundamental disconnect between Sonja, who wants "support" and "help" of the empty, vague "you go, girl" variety, and the more legitimate, knowledgeable businesspeople who think the way to help her is to try to educate her. She just rejects the idea that she has anything to learn, so actual advice is never going to land.

Yes. I didn't go to business school, but my understanding of what the bulk of the curriculum is studying businesses that failed, and analyzing why. Or comparing them to successful businesses in the same category, and studying why this one succeeded and that one failed. Pretty basic, right? But like you said, Sonja didn't want to learn from professionals, she just wanted to be congratulated and praised.

• Love 5

Then why'd she pick these two? Why didn't she ask her bestie, Ramona, or LuAnn, her longtime friend and likely Gstaad demographic, or her swami? She asked Heather and Bethenny because of their expertise and experience, and they came willing to help. If the amateurs or con artists in the room felt affronted or unsupported, that's on them.

Yup. If she wanted someone to talk nonsense about how great everything was, I'm sure Ramona was free. She asked Heather and Bethenny to lend credibility to her enterprise. If they had done nothing but tell her she's great, they wouldn't have been lending credibility, and they also would have been making themselves look bad by participating in amateur hour, which I don't blame them at all for not being willing to do.

• Love 10

If they had done nothing but tell her she's great, they wouldn't have been lending credibility, and they also would have been making themselves look bad by participating in amateur hour, which I don't blame them at all for not being willing to do.

How?  Their investors aren't watching this shite and if they were then they have already made themselves look bad.  The reviews for their products speak for themselves.  Saying there is some risk of blowback by being nice to Sonja about her enterprise (misguided or not) is just an excuse to be a prick.

Rarely do the models ever resemble the customer.  Honestly, it isn't rocket science to just follow the other person's lead.  Once they got there expecting to see clothes which never showed up, they should have just been like, "Hmmm, OK, let's just roll with whatever this crazy woman has planned" and be done with it.  Maybe wires got crossed and H & B thought they were showing up to a peace summit while Sonja thought it was going to be a quick "Ooooh.  Aaaah.  That's nice" scene.  It's not like she hasn't done this for the other HWs.

So her clothing is actually "couture"?  I just assumed that she (or rather the company who is paying her) was mass producing this stuff.

I seem to remember Sonja going in on Heather when Heather had her fashion show. She was not nice, she was not polite and neither was her cohort Ramona. Sonja is no innocent, she gets nasty and has done so plenty of times.

It was the other stuff- the sweating the feigned exasperation, Bethenny chipping in, the totality of the circumstances.  I think you might be because Bethenny sure has a different version that you do-it was her favorite scene of the series.  It is the ridicule in the talking heads, the blogs that exacerbate the situation.     

Sonja had just gotten done berating Heather for something Bethenny said, even after Bethenny reminded Sonja she did it. Sonja was bound and determined to mock anything Heather said in an attempt to make Heather look like the bad guy, too bad Bethenny spoiled her plan and too bad that we all saw/heard what was said. 

• Love 20

I seem to remember Sonja going in on Heather when Heather had her fashion show. She was not nice, she was not polite and neither was her cohort Ramona. Sonja is no innocent, she gets nasty and has done so plenty of times.

Was this last year?  I didn't watch that season because Luann was demoted to FoH.

She mentioned Dubai as a place one would be able to purchase it.

Bwah ha ha! Priceless.

Team "After 18 Episodes, Why Are We Watching A Fight About Two Things That Were Never Shown On Screen?" really.

It took all season but Bethenny finally found a target that fans would love her for dumping on. Sorry Ramona. She does deserve it. Unfortunately, it didn't endear Bethenny to me; Ramona is easy target. Ramona is a low low bar because she is that heinous.

I didn't understand why Beth was going after Ramona now..she had already seen her at least twice since the c-block in T&C and never brought it up. Just weird timing..It would have looked more normal if she said it at Kristen's decorating the jeans event.

I remember the dress story coming out in the tabloids back when Beth's talk show was airing, but I have no idea why the issue was being resurrected in this episode.

I think Beth going after Ramona is production's chosen ending of the Bethenny Redemption arc and the "Ramona, You Fucking Blew It" arc. Beth can go after someone that, unlike Heather and Kristen, actually deserves it. And Ramona, who viewers were ready to champion after the way Mario dumped her, ruined that with her own horrid behavior. And so it comes full circle.

I think the make-up artist contoured [sonja] too much [on WWHL]. Made her nose look even more pointy and long than it is.

Yeah, they put one of those contouring white stripes down her nose.

• Love 4

That waiter was super cute.

Speaking of the cute waiter, this really made me laugh:

Ramona:  Are you an actor?

Waiter:  Yes.

Dorinda:  I thought you were an actor!

Me:  Because . . . Handsome.  Waiter.  New York.  What are the odds?!?!?

Sonja looks very odd on WWHL. It is not just the bad bronzer and eye makeup either. Something about her face, her nose in particular, is giving me Grandpa Munster vibes, especially in profile.

I agree with the poster upthread (sorry, I lost the quote, so I can't give you credit) who said that the center part wasn't doing her any favors, and I think that's because it calls attention to your nose.  I've read that the nose and ears keep growing throughout our lifetime (unfortunate for most of us) and the tip of the nose starts to fall as we get past a certain age.  So maybe it's that Sonja has reached the age where her nose is starting to jump the shark.  So to speak.  Maybe she has a veterinarian who can fix that for her.

(Sidenote:  My best friend decided to pop by my house when I was out of town and take my one really good bottle of champagne to impress her hot date--champagne from my mother to christen my new house, presented shortly before she died.  Even after explaining all the layers of significance, I've never heard anything from BFF other than her original "Enh, no big deal.  Get over it."  Insult to injury. Like Bethanny, I'm still chafed.  Just a heartfelt apology would cut the sting, instead of center-of-the-universe attitude.)

Sorry about your mom.  And if after hearing from you what that bottle meant to you and the associations it had and still not giving a shit, that person is not your friend.  IMO.

I did appreciate that they all were complimentary towards Sonja's clothes at the end but I'm just jaded enough to know that all of them weren't completely sincere. 

I would put Sonja's supposed BFF Ramona near the top of that list.  She had her bitch face on through most of the show (and I think not entirely because she'd been read for filth by Bethenny).  She was seen texting while the clothes were coming down the runway (I'm pretty sure).  The only time she got animated is when she knew she'd be in the spotlight, throwing her arms around Sonja and jumping up and down to show how "proud" she was of her dear friend. Gore Vidal said, "Every time a friend succeeds, I die a little."  I think Ramona liked the balance of power better when Sonja was clearly the underdog.  A lot like the Jill/Bethenny dynamic of the early days.

Speaking of Ramona, did I hear it right?  I'm almost positive she said to B, "Don't throw stones at glass houses!"  Leave it to her to get it totally ass-backwards.

• Love 11

I'm beginning to believe the whole thing is producer driven instances filmed for the reality audiences. Once in awhile something real fits in like the convo between Carole & Doris, lol.

• Love 5

I think Ramona liked the balance of power better when Sonja was clearly the underdog.

I so agree with this.  I have tolerated Ramona because her crazy does make for good TV but she is a terrible friend and person.  I wonder if she was secretly pissed that Sonja didn't include her much in this project since at the beginning of RHoNY, Ramona acted like she was a mover and shaker in fashion by buying overstocked designer goods and reselling them. 

I really suspect that Sonja went to Heather and then Josh about the TO in hopes that they would do the work finding a backer, do all the leg/design/marketing work, give her all the praise/credit for everything and also allow her to keep all or most of the money made.

That doesn't make much sense to me since Sonja basically rejected all of Heather's ideas.  If she just wanted money, she would have yessed Heather to death and kept it moving.  I don't like how Sonja treated Heather during TO-gate but I also think she acted that way because she was being defensive and didn't like Heather bulldozing her way through Sonja's idea.  Long story short, these two have polar opposite personalities and should limit their time together as much as possible.

Edited by Freckledbruh
  • Love 2

Speaking of Ramona, did I hear it right?  I'm almost positive she said to B, "Don't throw stones at glass houses!"  Leave it to her to get it totally ass-backwards.

Yes, I heard that, too.  Doesn't she know it's "Don't throw glasses in stone houses"?  :-D

• Love 10

YES, EXACTLY.

This has always been the problem when Heather, and now Heather and Bethenny, have tried to help Sonja. Sonja doesn't know much, and she has never been interested in learning what she doesn't know. Every basic piece of business advice or assistance that Heather or Bethenny attempts to give her sounds like criticism to her. There's always been a fundamental disconnect between Sonja, who wants "support" and "help" of the empty, vague "you go, girl" variety, and the more legitimate, knowledgeable businesspeople who think the way to help her is to try to educate her. She just rejects the idea that she has anything to learn, so actual advice is never going to land.

Sonja wants to be the one coming up with "THE IDEA", be it a toaster oven, a TO cookbook, oven mitts, whatever but she is loath to do any of the work need to bring the product from in her mind to market. She is lazy to her core IMO and expects everyone else to do the work for her while she gets the bulk of the cash/money. I really suspect that Sonja went to Heather and then Josh about the TO in hopes that they would do the work finding a backer, do all the leg/design/marketing work, give her all the praise/credit for everything and also allow her to keep all or most of the money made.

I absolutely think it's a question worth asking.  But if Heather really gave 2 shits she might've asked it during their vacation or any time before the cameras started rolling - IF she really cared about not embarrassing Sonja.  But it's not even the timing it's....

I think Sonja is a crackpot.  And I don't think her clothes are going to amount to much and all those execs are shady.

But I think Heather is mean as a snake. Or a smiling crocodile.

Heather did not embarrass Sonja by asking SIMPLE questions, nor did Bethenny. Sonja and her team did that all on their own by not knowing their product.  

Also, how was Heather to know she needed to ask Sonja questions about her clothing line while in T&C? The meeting we saw last night was after they got back and I highly doubt that Sonja asked either Heather or Bethenny to attend before the trip. Both Heather and Bethenny both said they were told they were going to see the clothes, neither knew anything about looking at models, in other words, Sonja set them up in hopes of garnering sympathy, support and in hopes that viewers would feel bad enough to buy her clothes. 

• Love 11

Was this last year?  I didn't watch that season because Luann was demoted to FoH.

Yes, it was after Heather did all that work for Sonja's never existed toaster oven. At Heather's FS, Sonja, with Ramona at her side egging her on, went at the friend of Heather's who donated his time/talent/expertise in helping Sonja then she went after Heather. Oh, and she and Ramona talked loudly during the entire time the models were on stage.

• Love 4

I've had the feeling ALL season long Bethenny has been looking to build to this moment at the "fashion show", where she could get Moaner trapped in a spot she couldn't get out of & make her squirm, squirm, squirm.  Er, why?  Hey, I still think it's revenge for that horribly cruel shit she said to her on the bridge oh-so-many years ago.  Sure, B got over it, but I bet she never forgot.  As far as the stuff about Moaner talking about B cheating on her first hubby -- does anyone care?  Yeah, I could see how B would care, but I'm indifferent to it.  As it relates to the show?  Eh, I don't care about it cuz we've never seen him or even heard her discussing him.  But it is typical Moaner.

I find it hard to believe B could care less or get so angry about this stuff with the dresses.  I doubt she suffered any financial loss herself, not that she'd feel it anyway (with her wealth).  I'd bet the cost of these dresses would be attributed to expenses for production of the talk show.  But it's not about whether B suffered any financial cost herself.  That's irrelevant really.  The point is Moaner absolutely stole those dresses & B wanted the audience to know it & to embarrass Moaner.  It's all A-OK with me.  I liked watching Moaner squirm & being held accountable for her horrible behavior/actions.  

Hey, if Satan Andy threw the million bucks at B just for the make-Moaner-squirm scene alone, it was money well spent.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 9

I really tried my best to read through this entire thread before posting but I just can't.  The debate about Sonja's branding and where does she position it had me shaking my head.   Of course a designer may not get the "spot" they envision for themselves.  It's not their store and they may have illusions of grandeur..  However, a designer trying to market their brand to potential buyers has to know where it fits in the marketplace.  It's not only a reasonable question but it's a necessary one.  This is basic Marketing 101.

Just in case anyone missed Sonja's initial response to Heather's question...

Heather:  Who do you envision yourself hanging with in the department stores?
Sonja:  Everyone asks that question.

IMHO "everyone" wouldn't be asking that question if it wasn't relevant.

I don't want anyone to think I'm not rooting for Sonja.  I hope it works out for her but I have serious doubts about the entire project.  Her past business dealings were a bit shady and based on the CEO's response to Heather, I'm starting to wonder if it's really a business or a money laundering operation.

This is a direct quote from the CEO in response to Heather's question:

"It is actually better we brand the way we are building.  It’s really no competition.  There’s no real brand in the middle between because the way we are trying to build it is very classic, very formal with a sexy Sonja twist.  No one is doing that."

Heather's TH response to that was:  "WHAT?"

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 23

Hey, I still think it's revenge for that horribly cruel shit she said to her on the bridge oh-so-many years ago.  Sure, B got over it, but I bet she never forgot.

I totally agree with this!  Ramona said some cruel stuff that day and while I think B tried to let it be water under the bridge (pun intended), when she saw that nothing had really changed, B just let everything loose.  I can't hate on it because Ramona has had it coming since she started the show.  I can only wish that her "renewal" party ends up with a room full of people telling her off.

PS:  It is so funny that Carol had a conniption over Luann asking a designer to loan out some dresses for publicity while Ramona is up here stealing stuff like she is Kim Richards in Target.

• Love 12

Sonja wants to be the one coming up with "THE IDEA", be it a toaster oven, a TO cookbook, oven mitts, whatever but she is loath to do any of the work need to bring the product from in her mind to market. She is lazy to her core IMO and expects everyone else to do the work for her while she gets the bulk of the cash/money. I really suspect that Sonja went to Heather and then Josh about the TO in hopes that they would do the work finding a backer, do all the leg/design/marketing work, give her all the praise/credit for everything and also allow her to keep all or most of the money made.

This is exactly what she did when she fancied herself as a big-time movie producer. She liked the idea of getting into movies, but she had no experience and no idea how to do anything. Once she learned there was a lot more to it than she thought, instead of buckling down and learning, she walked away, leaving everyone high and dry. If you read the story about the lawsuit, Sonja's behavior is despicable. And it seems she hasn't learned her lesson. I wouldn't be surprised if this business fails, and there's another lawsuit or two coming down the pike.

• Love 11

Heather did not embarrass Sonja by asking SIMPLE questions, nor did Bethenny. Sonja and her team did that all on their own by not knowing their product.

Terry Crews you embarrassed me by asking me questions that I didn't know the answer to when I was on Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

• Love 2

Carole was mostly useless in this ep.  I'm thinking of how beautiful & touching & dignified she was in the last ep & I'm just so hoping she decides to leave the show & end on a dignified note.  I'm really hoping that last ep was her swan song.  It would be nice, wouldn't it?  I mean really, WTF else does she have to offer?  Who else is she gonna play?  She's with a guy decades younger, so who will she be next?  Joan Collins?  Retire from this show, Carole.  Please spare us from watching you take on anymore dumbass lame personalities that are far, far away from who you really are.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

I really tried my best to read through this entire thread before posting but I just can't.  The debate about Sonja's branding and where does she position it had me shaking my head.   Of course a designer may not get the "spot" they envision for themselves.  It's not their store and they may have illusions of grandeur..  However, a designer trying to market their brand to potential buyers has to know where it fits in the marketplace.  It's not only a reasonable question but it's a necessary one.  This is basic Marketing 101.

Just in case anyone missed Sonja's initial response to Heather's question...

Heather:  Who do you envision yourself hanging with in the department stores?

Sonja:  Everyone asks that question.

IMHO "everyone" wouldn't be asking that question if it wasn't relevant.

I don't want anyone to think I'm not rooting for Sonja.  I hope it works out for her but I have serious doubts about the entire project.  Her past business dealings were a bit shady and based on the CEO's response to Heather, I'm starting to wonder if it's really a business or a money laundering operation.

This is a direct quote from the CEO in response to Heather's question:

"It is actually better we brand the way we are building.  It’s really no competition.  There’s no real brand in the middle between because the way we are trying to build it is very classic, very formal with a sexy Sonja twist.  No one is doing that."

Heather's TH response to that was:  "WHAT?"

Sonja answers all questions:   http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/sonja-morgan/sonja-i-am-so-thankful-to-everyone  Apparently Sonja didn't find Heather supportive.

• Love 1

Yes, I heard that, too.  Doesn't she know it's "Don't throw glasses in stone houses"?  :-D

You're just making a mountain out of a holemill.

• Love 12

Scoobs!  Good to have you back!  We are curious to get updates on the Sonja townhouse walkby situation, if you please, when you can!  

I'm out of town, but a friend of mine passed by her townhouse over the weekend & she said it was dark & looked shuttered, so maybe Moaner invited her out for the weekend.  But given that she did do WWHL guess she's back.

You're just making a mountain out of a holemill.

Kadooz!  I miss the Moanerisms.  Any this season?

• Love 2

Sonja answers all questions:   http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/sonja-morgan/sonja-i-am-so-thankful-to-everyone  Apparently Sonja didn't find Heather supportive.

I’m not one to carelessly point out potential hazards in a friend’s business to the world to examine under a microscope. I promote people!

This is from your link and perfectly sums up my feelings on the matter.  They weren't trying to be helpful and there was no need for all of that.

I'm just not sure that teaming up with a Nigerian football team is the way to go when working on a fragrance.  LOL

Considering its current underage, human trafficking scandal, I agree.  I do like the "Sonja Style" tagline.  I'm crossing my fingers for an Elizabeth Taylor style White Diamonds commercial though.  It could be set in Morocco and Sonja uses the fragrance to blind potential thieves (while being sexy of course).

Edited by Freckledbruh
  • Love 3

Thanks for the link but Sonja's review of Sonja Morgan New York didn't answer any questions.

I think this one statement sums up Sonja's delusional business aspirations:  “And of course you know I have the perfume in the works for years now with the Nigerian football team and others. LOL! I move in mysterious ways.”

I could be wrong.   It's happened before and will undoubtedly happen again but I'm just not sure that teaming up with a Nigerian football team is the way to go when working on a fragrance.  LOL

• Love 9

Interesting review of last night's episode on Yahoo Celebrity

Obviously I missed the segue to the dress confrontation last night.  I didn't realize that Ramona opened that door.  

This is from the Yahoo Celebrity review:

"Ramona then commented to Bethenny that they were wearing dresses with similar hemlines that night, reminding the Skinnygirl creator of the dresses that she claims Ramona stole from her months back.  

'You have two of my dresses hanging in your closet from your last Smash and Grab job, so yes, the odds of us wearing a similar-length dress are pretty good.' Bethenny quipped to the camera. (In Bethenny's defense, she called Ramona out to her face as well. When Ramona announced she was having a “new beginnings" themed party, Bethenny said she thought it should be called “old habits." Burn.)"

• Love 5

Sonja's line was much more attractive than anticipated. Seemed younger than LuAnn's. But I think she could have benefited from a "team" more like LuAnn's.

Bethenny can quit with the one-liners any time. Her behavior at the model selection meeting (esp. fake gag behind the curtain) was juvenile.

And I have to admit I had hoped for a better Ramona-takedown. Maybe something a little more current than those tired old dresses. That her production company probably paid for. She acts like Ramona broke into her house and stole them from her closet.

Sonja looked like an aging Olsen twin on WWHL.

• Love 3

I just read Kristen's blog and while I haven't found Kristen to be all that interesting, I have to give her credit for getting her Pop of Color featured with Elie Tahari at the real Fashion Week........the one actually held at Lincoln Center.

Congratulations Kristen!

As a model, Kristin has an opinion on the "model casting" meeting for Sonja's line.  I think she was right on point when she said how do you cast a model when you haven't seen the clothing?  Good question Kristen!

From Kristen's blog.......

"I really do not understand why whenever someone is invited to anything with Sonja, they have no idea what they are in for. I would have to agree with Bethenny that a model casting was a waste of her time.  Heather was a perfect fit for that since she does model castings all the time. But I must say, how on earth can you do a model casting without seeing the clothing? Hmmmm. Maybe I'm missing something. Then, on top of it all, arguing in front of the models is so tacky. Sonja, I know that you have been “modeling for years,” but so have I...still do... not ever once have I been in a casting were the client argued back and forth. I have to say, I don’t think I would want to be hired for that job. Thanks but no thanks. Also, a client would not ever, ever talk about you like that in front of you, not like that. It's always left with "I will call your agent." Come on, Sonja, that's just messy."

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 18

It was a good RHONYC night. Bethenny got Ramona to-gether. Ramona got gathered, collated, read, re-read, ghostwritten, edited and then dumped in the clearance bin. That was a long time coming and I was starved for it so thank you Bethenny. 

This needed seeing again.

And I'm still in debt after filling my closet with She by Sheree. Sorry, everyone!

How dreadful!

Bethenny hit the daily double.  She took the beyotch down, and avenged Ramona's smackdown of Bethenny on the bridge a few years ago.  I think the second item was unintended but satisfying all the same.

Oh, I had forgotten about that, but yes! That bridge rant was horrible, and this made up for that. Can't wait to see her go in on her next week. And maybe at the reunion some more. #nomercyformoaner

• Love 9

Anyone else starting to think that Sonja has a substance issue? She was so wired all season and on WWHL. Leaving everyone out in the cold and rain.....why? That made me think there was something going on in there she didn't want them- or the cameras- to see. And I think she's pretty paranoid. Sure they're mocking and questioning her, but she knows the deal. And she's acting like a loon.

I'm just getting a coke or speed vibe from her. She is irrational and crazy and late and erratic. I hope she isn't shopping without paying at Target next. Keep her off Dr Phil. Please. I used to love Sonja but she's too whacked out to be fun anymore. I miss cool, nutty Sonja from her first season.

If Heather's leaving, I think it is her idea as this crap may be hurting her brand. I think they'd have her back in a minute as she's the butt of most people's complaints. I like her and hope she sticks around. I think they all could- even Kristin- but we'll see. I could see Dorinda being dumped as she seems to not offer anything but being bipolar, maybe. Kristin is bringing the pretty and this show is lacking that BIG time. 

I sense LuAnn turns a page with all the "normal" girls next season and backs away from the crazy crowd. She's not looking good in that light. 

• Love 4

I don't like Sonja very much but I will hand it to her that I think she looks way better now than she did in her 20's. Whatever her secret to aging is (and maybe it's just good genetics), it's working!

the facialist and her gold facials?

• Love 2

I just read Kristen's blog and while I haven't found Kristen to be all that interesting, I have to give her credit for getting her Pop of Color featured with Elie Tahari at the real Fashion Week........the one actually held at Lincoln Center.

Congratulations Kristen!

As a model, Kristin has an opinion on the "model casting" meeting for Sonja's line.  I think she was right on point when she said how do you cast a model when you haven't seen the clothing?  Good question Kristen!

From Kristen's blog.......

"I really do not understand why whenever someone is invited to anything with Sonja, they have no idea what they are in for. I would have to agree with Bethenny that a model casting was a waste of her time.  Heather was a perfect fit for that since she does model castings all the time. But I must say, how on earth can you do a model casting without seeing the clothing? Hmmmm. Maybe I'm missing something. Then, on top of it all, arguing in front of the models is so tacky. Sonja, I know that you have been “modeling for years,” but so have I...still do... not ever once have I been in a casting were the client argued back and forth. I have to say, I don’t think I would want to be hired for that job. Thanks but no thanks. Also, a client would not ever, ever talk about you like that in front of you, not like that. It's always left with "I will call your agent." Come on, Sonja, that's just messy."

Didn't Janice Dickinson used to tear apart her "models" all the time right in front of them?  Ah, there's a great role model for ya, Sonja bologna.

• Love 2

So I just read on another site re: Sonja's website that the clothes are only made after an order is placed, and customers are then told to wait 4-6 weeks for delivery, only it's been two months, and none of the orders are getting fulfilled. Not sure how reliable this is, but it makes sense. I could never understand how things could be on "pre-order" for so long, and then when they're finally available, it still takes weeks/months to deliver. This explains it. One of Sonja's interns is probably the poor soul sitting in a back room trying to thread a needle.

Called it!

Sonja's line is nothing but a ploy for screen time. There are no clothes sitting in a warehouse ready to be shipped. The clothes are not couture because they are pre-sized. In fact, the samples made for the runway are probably the only copies that exist. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to learn the collection was comprised of pieces from lesser known designers with Sonja's tag sewn on.

I only wonder what the Sonja Morgan executive team got out of this whole endeavor aside from some screen time on cable TV and a bit of notoriety.

• Love 9

Btw, the Sonja jumpsuit should be called the boobs-falling-out jumpsuit.  Now, I'm not exactly sure who would want to wear a jumpsuit where your boobs are sure to fall out & where exactly you'd wear such a thing, but it is certainly unique.  Um, is there a market for a boobs-are-sure-to-fall-out jumpsuit.  Idk.  Anyone?

Brandi from BH

• Love 5

Kristin is bringing the pretty and this show is lacking that BIG time. 

O/T random but....has there ever been a housewife with red hair? Your post made me think of that. What does Andy have against the gingers?

Anyone else starting to think that Sonja has a substance issue?

She's on something.  I just don't know if it's prescribed or not.  She's so normal, and charming and funny sometimes.  But more often than not, we see her whacked out and either yukking it up or angry.  I loved her in Turks and Caicos. If she's on a prescribed mood stabilizer, she needs to tweak that, stat.

That said, if I were that elusive, 50 something, single man and I had to choose between Ramona or Sonja?  I'd pick Sonja.

• Love 4

O/T random but....has there ever been a housewife with red hair? Your post made me think of that. What does Andy have against the gingers?

She's on something.  I just don't know if it's prescribed or not.  She's so normal, and charming and funny sometimes.  But more often than not, we see her whacked out and either yukking it up or angry.  I loved her in Turks and Caicos. If she's on a prescribed mood stabilizer, she needs to tweak that, stat.

That said, if I were that elusive, 50 something, single man and I had to choose between Ramona or Sonja?  I'd pick Sonja.

I think Jill Zarin would qualify as redhead.

(edited)

Didn't Janice Dickinson used to tear apart her "models" all the time right in front of them?  Ah, there's a great role model for ya, Sonja bologna.

b

Edited by zoeysmom

Also, how was Heather to know she needed to ask Sonja questions about her clothing line while in T&C?

I just used T&C as an example. It could have been in Atlantic City.  Or the bedazzle party. Or any instance where they were together. Never once while lying on the beach did the topic of Sonja's line come up?  They knew she was working toward a show.  Did they not wonder then who she was marketing to or where she saw her brand fitting in? Seems like something girlfriends would discuss when around each other 24/7 for days on end.

It just feels so contrived to ask all those questions for the first time at that meeting.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 1
They could have asked simple, customer oriented questions like "What's the color palette?"  "Is there a nice variety of separates?"  These women aren't stupid.  They know how to ask some innocuous questions.  Un-nice, to me, is pushing for answers to questions that people clearly are not comfortable answering on camera.

I honestly don't see how those questions are any more customer-based or less invasive than asking where she imagines the clothes hanging. Both are basic, simple questions about what kind of clothes they're selling. I think if they'd asked what the color palette was they would have gotten the same vague "It's all colors!" answers they got about what the style of clothes were.

I don't understand why the CEO of the company would be uncomfortable talking up his own line on television. It's no like the actual stuff we saw at the fashion show was some secret that could have been stolen by the guy answering the question that apparently every professional they talk to is asking. It's like if Carol had a book coming out next week and asking her what the book's about is some kind of trap. Carol would probably happily answer where she saw it sitting in the bookstore.

Yes, and wouldn't a business meeting about the clothing line seem like exactly the place to ask these questions? It's not even like it's just Sonja on her own being made to look stupid or something. She's got her team there to answer any questions she can't. It just seems very odd to think it's rude to not speak to professional people like delusional amateurs. If it was Sonja herself at a party I can definitely see a reason to back off and not embarrass her but not in a business meeting with the CEO. I mean, these people are claiming to be putting out an actual clothing line that people are going to pay for. They're getting paid to know what they're doing, right?

That's the thing here for me, is that it's one thing if Sonja herself invited Bethany and Heather as her friends to "be supportive"--meaning not say anything that she would consider unsupportive. She wants them as a friend but feels like their actual experience makes their praise and support worth more. And Bethany and Heather let her down by acting like a couple of competitive businesswomen pointing out all the obvious flaws.

But did the CEO guy also think they were there to be supportive? Why can't he talk professionally about the line? The answer he gave to Heather, which was quoted, was total word salad. Maybe it sounded like professional word salad to somebody who doesn't actually understand the question but Heather and Bethany aren't that person. I don't get what value there would be in this guy in sounding like there's nothing there.

I just used T&C as an example. It could have been in Atlantic City.  Or the bedazzle party. Or any instance where they were together. Never once while lying on the beach did the topic of Sonja's line come up?  They knew she was working toward a show.  Did they not wonder then who she was marketing to or where she saw her brand fitting in?  Just seems so contrived to ask all those questions for the first time at that meeting.

To me it makes more sense to ask the marketing questions at the business meeting to which you've been invited to sit in than randomly on the beach or at a cocktail party. It's not like it wasn't related to the situation. Sonja's about to bring out a bunch of models and wants to select the ones that are right for the Sonja Morgan brand of clothes. It's the exact same issue. I think it would sound far more confrontational at a party to suddenly bring up Sonja's business and expect her to pitch it. It's not like she would have known the answers there either--and she wouldn't have had a team of back-up people who ought to have been able to step in.

• Love 10