Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: Rumble On The Runway

• Start Topic

They had to do something to pass the time.  Sonja's show started late and then had a huge gap in between the first and second looks.

Yes-yes this is true...  At first I posted that it was boring but maybe I felt that way because I want someone to squash Ramona like a bug.  I get tense watching and Bethenny was good and in control.  Looking forward to next week also.

Edited by BettyPoz
  • Love 6

But earlier the CEO was claiming they were in negotiations to be in department stores, but they couldn't name them. If the pla was always to sell the clothes online, he could have said that.

I found it telling that both Bethenny and Heather thought they were there to see clothes, not models. And Sonja couldn't get her act together to tell them the plan changed - or more likely she didn't care enough (or there was some other screw up she didn't want to acknowledge).

Had Sonja had already chosen the ,model type to see, why was the very first model NOT that type? I strongly suspect the model call was "hi, do you want to be on RHNY?"

I can't help thinking the ladies were just being kind.. Because I thought the fashion show was bad. No idea how she chose what went down when, there was no cohesive look to the models, never mind however long she took between the 2 sets of clothes (shouldn't model 1 have been changing immediately after going back upstairs? I don't understand the timing.)

Ramona's claim that Mario is just and old homebody was hilarious! Or maybe he is at home more now that she is not in his home?? Must be a lot quieter. I thought her hair looked awful in her TH, and something seemed off about her face, her eyes seemed less sunken than, for exa,ple, during lunch with Dorinda. Her hair looked better there though I still think it looked better shorter.

Whoever commented on Bethenny's comment about Luann's height - that was as they were talking about LuAnn having been asked to not cross her legs because the runway was so arrow. I didn't see it as a dig.

Query - since the fashion show was in a completely different location, can Sonja really say she was a part of "Fashion Week?"

Alot of the same thoughts as me --

Yes - why not just say, or if he didn't want to say it straight out, just allude to it because he was certainly doing that about stores.  WHERE DO YOU SEE YOUR CLOTHING LINE SITTING?  It was like he actually didn't know.

Not only did Heather and Bethenny not know why they were there -- they couldn't find the conference room!  So they are just renting rooms here and there for their meetings is what it sounded like.  And as Bethenny pointed out, they arrived before Sonja.

I also thought it strange that the first model didn't meet the criteria -- but Sonja had hand picked them.  But then again, numbers on a page don't always translate to in person??  giving her the benefit of the doubt.

I've watched enough fashion shows on Project Runway to know that's not how a fashion show should run! Hahaha!

And I've read enough posts since mine to change my opinion about the Ramona/Bethenny scene because I have been waiting for a Ramona take down probably since she was so nasty to Simon and Alex at Jill's party.  But I'm sure whatever the outcome, she will have a completely different spin on it at the reunion and probably stalk off the set at some point in time.

Did I hear Bethenny say that she personally knew Mario's concubine?

I thought I heard her say twice that she knew the person.

• Love 11

This is why I can't quit Bethenny.  Her start this season was a little shaky, but I knew all I had to do was wait, and sure enough the last few weeks she has been the Bethenny I have come to love.  I wish I could hire her to dress down a couple of people in my life, because I don't have the gift of Oh, SNAP! confrontation that she does.

Yeah, none of those shots of Sonja modeling have me convinced, either.  That Chanel pic is so weird for several reasons - the pose is awful and low-rent, for one.  It wouldn't have gotten her through to the next round on America's Next Top Model.  When I was a teenager, there was a shop at the mall I frequented, and the manager asked me and a few other girls if we would like to stand as live mannequins in the storefront on weekends in exchange for a nice discount on purchases, and being able to take home the clothes we modeled.  When I think of Sonja's modeling past, I think of it being on par with mine, which is to say, there is no modeling past there.  Wearing clothes and / or hiring someone to take your picture does not a model make...at least not the kind of model Sonja is trying to convince people that she once was.

I'm a little sad that next week is the finale because I've really enjoyed this season, in spite of how much Ramona makes my stomach hurt.

• Love 23

Very surprised next week is the finale.

But overall, I enjoyed this episode.  Bethenny did not grate on me like she usually does, and I thought the scene with her and Heather casting models with Sonja was hysterical.  I have always thought that Bethenny's desire to help Sonja was genuine, but must have been very frustrating.   Loved the discussion about "where will the clothes be in the store?".  It was also nice to see Bethenny and Heather on the same page.

Both Heather and Bethenny have great experience in marketing, etc, and are offering their expertise to Sonja free of charge.   If I were Sonja, I would be listening to every word they said - especially Bethenny, who like her or not, built a successful brand pretty much from nothing and did it with alot of hard work.  I imagine she made many mistakes along the way, learned lots of lessons the hard way, and if I wanted a brand and she offered herself to me - I'd be sitting at her feet absorbing every word.  (I don't know the background behind Heather's brand - how she created it, etc, but I would not turn down her advice, either).

I sort of see where Bethenny is coming from regarding the dress even though she seems to harp on it, I can understand her calling Ramona out on it.  It's probably one of those things that so annoying you just can't let it go.

Also enjoyed Carol and Heather's conversation about London - their friendship seems very real to me, and I like seeing them together.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 11

I'm not as high society as Sonja so I generally don't wear $1,295 dollar dresses. ( I have no where to go that warrants that price tag). Is it common for couture like this to be sized as S-M-L? That's usually how my Target couture is sized.

• Love 18

I wish the season-ender obligatory party to get all the housewives in one place could have been an after-show party for Sonja, instead of a party Ramona is throwing for herself, to celebrate herself. 

I had to laugh when Ramona tried so hard to portray Mario as asking her to please join him in fully retreating from life, and just sitting around at home alone together, letting the clock run out.  She is so utterly shit-filled!

• Love 12

IMO, Sonja invited Heather in hopes that she and Bethenny would/could make Heather look like a fool.

I don't know Sonja's intentions for inviting them, but what was Bethenny and Heather thinking by accepting? They know that Sonja is BSC when it comes to business. Both have been down that road with her before. They agree she's delusional so why entertain that? And waste time out of their own busy day? Gluttons for punishment.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3
(edited)

It's destined to be a huge fail as well, but I think Heather and Beth were playing along and not verbalizing what they both thought.

I think you are right about it being an on-line enterprise, but I'm not sure Sonja thought that. She talked to Beth about all the stores they were going to get into, and certainly she acted like she thought some buyers from those stores might come to her show. She was the one who was acting like she was going to have space at some upscale retailers. I know nothing about fashion, but do basically the same thing except with food. I've been involved with many unique food launches over the years, and the first question we always have to ask is where will the product sit? Who is our target market and what are the brands they are shopping for. There are competitive products I desperately want to be near, and others I am horrified to find one of my brands sitting beside. This is just basic marketing 101. Heather hadn't seen her clothes, save for the one garmet Sonja wore in an earlier show, and for all we know had zero idea what the price point even was. The fact that her "team" is unprepared for such a basic question - a question that Sonja herself said "everyone keeps asking me" tells me that they have no idea what they are doing.

There was nothing to be gained from asking the question.  Inquiring minds don't really want to know.  I think it is pretty obvious where women's wear sits.  They had no clients as the line had not been pre-sold, so it was a show off question.  This was a serious business enterprise for Sonja not the time for a Bethenny one liner or bust up Sonja's support group by Heather.  Was the question one that would help Sonja and the answer is  no.  To me it was no different that Bethenny suggesting that Heather focus only on exercise wear and get out of the jean and legging market.  Heather didn't appreciate  Bethenny's unsolicited advice.   

Again I am curious how the manufacturer has control over where there product sits, unless it is in the contract. I know how it works with liquor and wine, and tome that is different because clothing is seasonal. This a line with 24 pieces and its notoriety would be RH and I would presume it would sit together a  collection.  I would think the jewelry would be in the jewelry department and the clothing in the clothing department.  There is also the opportunity for smaller boutiques to pick a part of the line.  Take Kyle Richards stores for example-maybe she would be interested in some of the pieces more to support the franchise than anything else.

I will say by show's end ALL of the women were very supportive of Sonja's line.  It may not have been how they would have done the fashion show time wise, but it seemed to work for them at the end.  Not a one of them had a bad thing to say about the style of the clothes.   Sonja even said last night Bethenny and Heather had ordered and received her pants.  What I liked about Sonja last night on WWHL is she stayed focused on the positive and did not want to answer questions regarding negative comments anyone made.  Good for her. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

Sonja was one giant cluster tonight! First you have the meeting at which the girls were supposed to see clothing, but only got to evaluate models? Then you have Sonja yelling at Heather for something Bethenny said. FTR, I didn't think what Sonja said was that bad. She simply said the girl's body was more suited to a different style. And, correct me if I'm wrong, she was saying she was too slim for her brand. So how anyone is going to get an eating disorder from that, I don't know. But I also didn't mind Bethenny suggesting that they discuss those things outside of the hearing of the models. The whole thing was ridiculous because that's not even what they were supposed to be there for. 

Then the runway show - what a mess! Sonja must really think she's something to keep everyone waiting and waiting and waiting like that. But come on, no one had a chignon, so can you blame her? Also, how many times did Sonja have to ask for a damn marker and piece of paper? I reckon the interns used up all the Sharpies fixing her outdated purses. 

I'm not a fashion person, so I can't really judge the clothes, but the girls seemed impressed, so good on her. But did we ever find out if any actual buyers are there? I'm glad to see she actually has some legit clothing, but is it in stores? Probably not....since her team seems to think it's in a class all of it's own and deserves a special showroom just to hold her "lifestyle brand". 

Okay, enough Sonja...on to Ramona. I wish I would have played a drinking game based on Ramona saying how smart she is. I would have been nicely toasted by bedtime. She sure thinks highly of herself, doesn't she? 

I was dying, just DYING, when Bethenny was pestering her about just what this "New Beginning" party was supposed to mean. Old habits! Bah! That was awesome. I'm glad someone finally took Ramona to task and STAYED on task. B was not going to let Ramona start with her insincere apologies, ass kissing, and dismissal. But I will say, it really seemed like Bethenny was harping on the dress thing out of nowhere. That happened months ago, right? Back when B still had a talk show? So it just seemed weird that she's bringing it up now - and over and over and over. The "cheating" thing Ramona relayed to Heather, I get. That's a more recent discovery and a much more egregious offense, if you ask me. I don't know....I guess B was probably just at her wit's end, of a season trying to let things go with Ramona and then hearing that from Heather she just lost it and all the crap she'd been holding in came spewing out. 

But, in the end, she's completely right. Ramona hasn't changed at all. 

Final thought - Dorinda, please do not sick Crazy Eyebrows on that hot waiter. 

• Love 11

Did I hear Bethenny say that she personally knew Mario's concubine?

Yes, she did , twice.

Can you imagine the outrage to find out that Ramona goes behind her back telling the other ladies that she cheated on her first husband? Bethenny and Ramona didn't even knew each other ack then so all Ramona is doing is spreading malicious gossip.  Here Bethenny personaly knows mario's mistress and has never ever said a word about it to any of the other ladies.

There is only one juicy gossip that ALL the ladies could have used at any moment to get back at Ramona for her atrocious behavior and not one of them did it , here we have Ramona pretending that Mario just wanted to stay home and watch TV and she is so vibrant that she couldn't do it, I LMAO.  

Everybody knows that Mario cheated on Ramona very publicly and here Ramona is pretending that Mario is still into her and just want a calm life when Mario and his mistress were galivanting all over NYC probably having the time of their lives. I am so happy that Bethenny didn't fall for Ramona's old tricks.

Nobody does a confrontation better that Bethenny.

• Love 23

If you're going to say that Heather feels that she sits so much higher when she puts others down, then include Beth because she tagged right on to Heather with the Moe, Larry and Curly question.  BTW, I don't think the question had anything to do with an attempt to one up Sonja or to put her down.  It had to to do with being asked to be there to help and not understanding why they were there when they weren't even allowed to see the garments.  And, you don't have to be the sharpest tool in the shed to understand Sonja and her 'backers' last minute motive not to show Beth and Heather the garments.  When you're unsure, don't give others a chance to possibly criticize.  The outcome made Sonja and her 'backers' look like the insecure ones, not Heather or Beth.

When did Heather whine like a big baby?

I agree Bethenny can't have it both ways when it comes to claiming she is supportive and then cracks wise with the support system.  It is okay to leave the one-liners at home.  Bethenny was out of line and she enjoys making fun of people.

I think it is fairly obvious why Heather and Bethenny were there-production needed the women for camera time.  You could be the most confident person in the world and with this group of women criticism is almost a given.

Heather whined big time when Bethenny went to meet the backers instead of her.  Why ask the question why you weren't invited?  I think it is pretty obvious why Heather wasn't invited earlier-she likes taking Sonja down and earlier said she would never speak to her again because she wasn't allowed upstairs in Sonja's house.  Then she apologized in Turks & Caicos and Heather got invited her back only to go the same direction.  Obviously there are 100 different ways to launch a fashion line.  To me Sonja had restrictions when it came to money. It is not a good idea to put that theme out there on camera. For what she invested it came off well.  Who knows maybe next year we will see Sonja teaming up with a manufacturer. 

• Love 3

The whole thing was ridiculous because that's not even what they were supposed to be there for.

Imo, the whole thing was ridiculous because Sonja's business meeting was a pointless lead up to the fashion show. Everyone, except possibly Sonja (poor lil thing), in that room knew it would be more of the same: Round and round and round we go, where we stop, nobody knows.

If they didn't, they're either delusional themselves or were just looking for camera time.

• Love 6

I loved Bethenny's smackdown of Ramona. I think her anger came from an accumulation of things. On the surface, the dress issue doesn't seem that serious. Like, Bethenny is incredibly wealthy, why is she so upset about two dresses she can afford to buy ten times over? However, Ramona has a history of being flippant and disrespectful and I think Bethenny had enough. If I lent you two dresses that you don't wish to return, pay for them. They were not gifts. Ramona lied and said one of the dresses flew out of her vehicle...like wtf? She's incredibly selfish. I think the 'new beginnings' part set Bethenny off because Ramona has not changed and will never changed. I loled at how sweaty Ramona got. Hot seat indeed.

Sonja is a mess. Did she even know why she was in the conference room? Clearly, someone told Heather and Bethenny they were there to look at clothes, not models. Sonja didn't even seem worried that Heather and Bethenny had no clue why they were there. The fashion show was a mess. I knew that models are recycled for different looks at fashion shows, but the transitions are almost always seamless. Sonja appeared to need like 20 minutes between the first set of clothing and the second set. What a mess. The clothes did look nice and simple. I found it telling that no buyers showed up. On another note, that guy on Sonja's team that does not seem to answer anything directly creeps me out. I think the collection is selling online because they couldn't find any buyers.

• Love 20
And I loved Betheny not letting it go about the bartender comment.  Ramona was rude and she is 60 years old.  No excuses for that. But Ramona will never flat out apologize.  She will always justify her jaw dropping rudeness.  It makes her so unattractive.

It's really frustrating that Ramona could not see anything in wrong in what she said. Bethenny even conceded that maybe she does go for more successful men, but it's just not something you say TO the person's face. 

I would--but I maxed out the Visa on Alexis Couture. Sigh, tis a struggle to remain a fashionista....

And I'm still in debt after filling my closet with She by Sheree. Sorry, everyone!

• Love 23

Wouldn't you be confused and say something about it if you are invited to a meeting to look over the fashions and end up being in a meeting to cast models? If Sonja would have had the outfits ready and was pairing them up with models maybe it would had made more sense but as it was Sonja invited Bethenny and Heather to hear about their input and then wanted none of their advice so why even invite them then?

Famewhore?

How about Sonja invited Heather and Bethenny because as a reality tv veteran she knows that the only way that Bravo for sure will air a scene is if there is some interaction between housewives? At the end the only one who wanted a beneifit of exposure for her collection and invited Bethenny and Heather was Sonja but suddenly Bethenny and Heather are the famewhores because they decided to accept her invitation and it turned into a circus?

SMDH :/

• Love 14

Heather whined big time when Bethenny went to meet the backers instead of her.  Why ask the question why you weren't invited?

She was also the one that was all, "I'll never step foot in your house again Sonja Morgan!!"

Guess she didn't mean "Sonja With a Sexy J ' s International House of Fashion".

• Love 6

Did you see how Ramona was perspiring? Her face was one greasy mess. She was so busted and she didn't know how to get out of it. Her usual line of "I'm not perfect; no one is perfect" just wasn't working. It was a "wrong place" kind of deal, but I have literally waited years for this. Years for someone to just tell Ramona exactly how ridiculous she is, so I will take it anyway I can get it.

I hope that continues on the reunion. I want to see Ramona sweat. 

• Love 9

Has anyone tried to go to Sonja's website? I did and it said temporarily unavailable. I then looked it up on google just in case and Google said that the website may have been hacked. Weird.

I found some pics on reality tea though. Nice outfits but I did see some construction issues to nit pick. For example, one of the snakeskin print outfits didn't match the print at the seams correctly. Some of the tops had awkward boob darts.

• Love 3

Such an ugly word and I'm not sure I feel quite as strongly but yep. Every last one of them. If they signed a HW contract, they qualify. And I salute them for doing so.

Agree 100%

This argument of poor Sonja, she invited Bethenny and Heather to help her and how dare they make any unkind comments is totally BS in my opinion.

Sonja knew that inviting them would guarantee her air time and exposure to her brand, if she wasn't prepared for the meeting and her clothes were nowhere insight that is nobody's else fault but Sonja's herself. If she wants to be a succesful enterprenur then she better star having her shit together so she doesn't look like a fool.

• Love 16

Wouldn't you be confused and say something about it if you are invited to a meeting to look over the fashions and end up being in a meeting to cast models?

I'm not sure if you're responding to my post but that's kind of my point. They've been confused by her before. Even being given a different address than the meeting she'd been to before should've been a clue for Beth. Heather had the 'privilege' of working with Sonja before and Beth told H what a cluster the first meeting at Sonja Brand Intl was.

Beth and Heather are supposed to be the smart ones of this franchise. But they went and wasted their time, even though there were plenty of red flags. Yet here we are talking about them. Guess they're smart.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2

Sonja's face is looking very strange on WWHL....aside from the overuse of bronzer. Wonder what she did?

I know! And everyone was tweeting how good she looked? I was wondering what was up with her one eye. The eyeliner on her lower lids was weird.

I hope B is getting royalties off of Ramona's new book since she came up with the term "Ramona Coaster".

Glad it's the season finale next week. For Bethenny being back, this season kind of dragged

• Love 5
She was also the one that was all, "I'll never step foot in your house again Sonja Morgan!!"

Guess she didn't mean "Sonja With a Sexy J ' s International House of Fashion".

Housed on a weekly basis in a different, rented conference room. 

It might be pretty hard to make good on that threat. One week Sonja's "House of Fashion" might be operating out of the local Starbucks that Heather just happens to walk into. 

• Love 11

Congratulations Sonja...you did it!

SonjaMorgan.WeareBella-95.jpg

Her link : http://www.sonjamorgannewyork.com

Is it just me, or is that red um...onesie?  she's wearing terribly ill-fitting and unflattering? And not to mention that her boobs were just kinda hanging out there. It reminded me of that Jay McCaroll dress that Val wore to the Emmy's on the first season of "The Comback".... the one she was accidentally wearing backwards! 

In any case, it's certainly not what I'd wear to highlight my collection.  But then again, I have NOT been putting on fashions shows since the age of 14 unlike Ms. Sonja. 

I loved it when Ramona said something to Dorinda about Mario wanting a different life and making it sound like he wanted to just sit and watch the world go by! Meanwhile he is out dating/hooking up with a younger woman all over NY! LOL 

Right?  Between her whole spiel about Mario and complimenting herself left and right... then left again, that whole lunch conversation was so unintentionally hilarious and cringe-inducing.  Who, exactly, does Ramona think she's fooling.  We know Mario ain't sitting at home doing Sudoku and watching re-runs of Matlock.  She's just so full of her own shit.  Which made Beth's reading of her at the fashion show extra delicious and satisfying.

I don't enjoy watching Bethenny this season.  The whole dress argument is silly.  It wasn't Beth's dress.  Her show had a wardrobe department.  Ramona entertains me.  I think the scenes with Beth and Ramona are set up to get certain information out.  One scene Beth said that Ramona and Mario still lived in the same apartment.  In the scene with Beth and Ramona at the fashion show, Beth and Ramona mention that Jason was a bartender, salesperson, and an actor.  The bickering is soooooo old already.        

Do you know for sure it wasn't her dress?  It might have been her own dress that she brought to the show. 

Sonja's too short to do runway or editorial, especially given her age because in the 80s and 90s editorial work pretty much exclusively hired runway girls. She's not "curvy" enough for swim suit. And if she was catalogue and commercial, there should a lot more photos of her wearing boring basic clothing, not holding Chanel boxes. Sonja's pictures look like the type of pictures that a struggling hustler, like Sonja, would pay for as she's hoping that one of her many opportunities (restaurant hostess, potential trophy wife, actress) bears fruit.

Before she joined RHoA, you could find a ton of pictures of Cynthia Bailey doing runway, catalogue, commercial, and editorial all over the internet. I didn't know her name, but I certainly knew her face.

Very true. You can even find tons of pics of Brandi Glanville.  I believe Sonja was a "model" the way that Sheree (from Atl) is "building a mansion" and Kim Richards is "enjoying her sobriety" and Michelle Salahi from RHoDC was a "Redskins cheerleader."  

I agree, those certainly could have been professional photos for a portfolio. It seems she was a model in Europe, not the U.S. Maybe she was a run way model? After that, in the post I added to her thread, it said she attended FIT for business. If she was making lots of money modelling I don't think she would have come back to NY to attended college. She seems to have a fashion background at the very least which she called upon for her fashion show.

Did Bethenny really heap criticism on LuAnn because she's tall? That was rather worse then Ramona's bar tender statement.

Nah, I think they were just joking around.  I don't think there was any criticizing going on.

Someone switched her filter to OFF and no one knows how to get it to work.

LOL I'm pretty sure Moaner was BORN with it off!

When Ramona said that Mario told her that he wanted to "drop out or something," I think he probably meant their social life, both in the Hamptons and in NYC.  Maybe he's just over all of that.  Certainly seems to enjoy roaming around town with his young girlfriends.  I don't think he's at home in a cardigan watching Hannity every night, Ramona.

LOL. Yeah I was thinking that what he really meant was that he wanted to drop out of society with her.  As in, "Welcome to Dumpsville, baby.  Population: you." (TM Homer Simpson)  

• Love 17

I don't know Sonja's intentions for inviting them, but what was Bethenny and Heather thinking by accepting? They know that Sonja is BSC when it comes to business. Both have been down that road with her before. They agree she's delusional so why entertain that? And waste time out of their own busy day? Gluttons for punishment.

Well, both apologized to Sonja in T&C and said they would support her from then on....so they were there for her despite knowing what a CF she is. LOL

I'm not sure if you're responding to my post but that's kind of my point. They've been confused by her before. Even being given a different address than the meeting she'd been to before should've been a clue for Beth. Heather had the 'privilege' of working with Sonja before and Beth told H what a cluster the first meeting at Sonja Brand Intl was.

Beth and Heather are supposed to be the smart ones of this franchise. But they went and wasted their time, even though there were plenty of red flags. Yet here we are talking about them. Guess they're smart.

Even if we acknowledge that it is possible/probable the entire scene picking out the models was producer driven, without Heather and Bethenny there, it would never made it past editing. Both HWs promised Sonja to be there for her, support her and they both did. 

• Love 5

Agree 100%

This argument of poor Sonja, she invited Bethenny and Heather to help her and how dare they make any unkind comments is totally BS in my opinion.

Sonja knew that inviting them would guarantee her air time and exposure to her brand, if she wasn't prepared for the meeting and her clothes were nowhere insight that is nobody's else fault but Sonja's herself. If she wants to be a succesful enterprenur then she better star having her shit together so she doesn't look like a fool.

I haven't seen any one say that Heather and Bethenny weren't allowed to comment. But I will say, in general, making unkind comments when they're 'supposedly' there to help is not constructive.

But I agree that Sonja being unprepared is all on her and her staff of hundreds.

• Love 3
Again I am curious how the manufacturer has control over where there product sits, unless it is in the contract. I know how it works with liquor and wine, and tome that is different because clothing is seasonal. This a line with 24 pieces and its notoriety would be RH and I would presume it would sit together a  collection.  I would think the jewelry would be in the jewelry department and the clothing in the clothing department.  There is also the opportunity for smaller boutiques to pick a part of the line.  Take Kyle Richards stores for example-maybe she would be interested in some of the pieces more to support the franchise than anything else.

What they mean is where in the department will you hang.  In the clothing department there is moderate, better, etc.  The Sag Harbor line and Hearts of Palm are in one area of the store and INC and DKNY are in another.  The jewelry counter is merchandised a similar way.  This is what Heather was asking, it's very basic, and they should have been able to answer it.  Even in the world of RL there is the high end Ralph Lauren, Lauren for Women, Polo, Ralph Lauren Sport, Chaps which is sold in Kohls, etc. they all hang in different places.

The entire Sonja clothing line is indeed a vanity project and to me is no different than Gretchen Christine offshore bags.

If you ask me the Countess has done her line the right way, it looks good, it's affordable, and she is actually wearing all of her items on the show and in her TH's which is the best advertisement there is because she looks great in them.

On the surface, the dress issue doesn't seem that serious. Like, Bethenny is incredibly wealthy, why is she so upset about two dresses she can afford to buy ten times over? However, Ramona has a history of being flippant and disrespectful and I think Bethenny had enough. If I lent you two dresses that you don't wish to return, pay for them. They were not gifts. Ramona lied and said one of the dresses flew out of her vehicle...like wtf? 

My hypothesis is that Bethenny is the type of person that does things for people, and it irks her how entitled and selfish Ramona can be.  Bethenny was like give me the money, I will donate it to Dress for Success.  She probably takes the leftover unused dresses and donates them, and here is Ramona selfishly taking them home to stick in her own closet, in Bethenny's mind essentially being selfish when those dresses could have gone to a charity where someone could really use them.  It's just typical Ramona, rude, selfish, self absorbed.

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 23

I didn't think Sonja's shady CEO was necessarily unprepared for Bethenny's pointed questions. I thought Garav was being deliberately circuitous so he did not have to admit the embarrassing fact that not one retailer wanted to feature Sonja's sad homespun garments in their store.

No one at the event said Sonja's garments were bad. Of course the blogs aren't up yet so fingers crossed for the Heather fans she will put Sonja's line on blast.  If the shady CEO said -it was destined to be on-line only then he has done Sonja a disservice by eliminating both department stores and small retailers.  Now that they have had the exposure of RHONYC there may be some interest.  Department stores aren't the only game in town.  Sonja may not have the inventory to stuff her wares and wears into a gift bag but she completed the task.  There is a time to stop be inquisitive and start being supportive.  It reminds me of SITC when Carrie is moving to Paris with the artist.  The girls have a litany of questions, she returns with answers. Miranda  keeps asking questions and Carrie finally tells Miranda. . . to stop.  Just like SITC plane tickets were booked and Carrie was headed for Paris, in Sonja's case the clothes were done and  there was a fashion show . . . no one was invited to brainstorm, ridicule or question the CEO.   

To me it is interesting that Bethenny ripped into Ramona for saying the guy is just a bartender in front of him (I agree with Bethenny) and at the same time her meant to be funny comments were rude to the CEO.  Same telling Sonja about making comments in front of the models-if Bethenny doesn't like it, she doesn't need to make comments about the models.  Bethenny who yells in Sonja's face to STFU and listen to HER, is really way down the list of people who should be pointing out the long list of Ramona's flaws.  I get the dress thing bothered her and bothered her a lot. 

• Love 3

Well, I didn't get the whole Bethenney/Ramona confrontation. The dress thing was..what...a year before this was filmed? And Bethenney brought it up earlier in the season. And confronting Ramona about gossipping behind her back? They all do it. Constantly. Unless this was some kind of attempt to feed into the season theme of breaking the Girl Code, I don't understand why this was the time that Bethenney released her inner rottweiler. Maybe it was producer driven.

• Love 3

What they mean is where in the department will you hang.  In the clothing department there is moderate, better, etc.  The Sag Harbor line and Hearts of Palm are in one area of the store and INC and DKNY are in another.  The jewelry counter is merchandised a similar way.  This is what Heather was asking, it's very basic, and they should have been able to answer it.  Even in the world of RL there is the high end Ralph Lauren, Lauren for Women, Polo, Ralph Lauren Sport, Chaps which is sold in Kohls, etc. they all hang in different places.

The entire Sonja clothing line is indeed a vanity project and to me is no different than Gretchen Christine offshore bags.

If you ask me the Countess has done her line the right way, it looks good, it's affordable, and she is actually wearing all of her items on the show and in her TH's which is the best advertisement there is because she looks great in them.

My hypothesis is that Bethenny is the type of person that does things for people, and it irks her how entitled and selfish Ramona can be.  Bethenny was like give me the money, I will donate it to Dress for Success.  She probably takes the leftover unused dresses and donates them, and here is Ramona selfishly taking them home to stick in her own closet, in Bethenny's mind essentially being selfish when those dresses could have gone to a charity where someone could really use them.  It's just typical Ramona, rude, selfish, self absorbed.

Obviously Sonja's women's wear is going to be in the women's section,  I am curious why Heather would think they have a choice which designers they are displayed next to- I just don't think a small new fashion line would be thinking about that-I think they be delighted to be picked up.  Stores merchandise to sell product not appease the designers sense of worth.  To me Heather was asking the question to see who Sonja thought her line was on par.  Nothing to be gained from the question.  

When this show first started, Bethenney was doing "Bethenney Bakes" and her vegan, gluten free desserts tasted like crap. None of the other HWs criticized her food and were very supportive. Maybe she should remember how she started out before criticizing her fellow cast mates.

• Love 4

I loved this episode.

Sonja -- you had me worried during your "non-meetings", but you pulled it off. I thought the models looked gorgeous and I loved the clothes -- seems like all the HW's did too. Congratulations Lady Morgan.

Carole & Heather -- I love your friendship so much. I'm so glad we finally were able to be a part of a real conversation. I'm going to be very sad if you don't return next season.

Bethenny -- Thank you for putting Ramona in the hot seat -- she deserved more than you gave. You look gorgeous with the side part. This was the Bethenny I love.

Dorinda -- sorry, but hope you are one and done.

LuAnn -- I'm worried for you. You have become very insignificant the last few episodes.

Kristen -- So happy to see your nail polish on display. You are beautiful, dress flawlessly, and I hope you return.

Ramona -- I am sick of you. Way to spend the episode complimenting yourself, admiring your new boobs, and being the general asshole you are. Yeah, Mario is dying alright -- with his younger girlfriend. Your ugly is seeping out -- you look horrible! BYE GIRL --!!!

I wish this had been the finale. I'm sick of all the yelling and screaming.

When this show first started, Bethenney was doing "Bethenney Bakes" and her vegan, gluten free desserts tasted like crap. None of the other HWs criticized her food and were very supportive. Maybe she should remember how she started out before criticizing her fellow cast mates.

I thought Bethenny was very supportive of Sonja. She and Heather, being in business, were right to be concerned about certain things. Of course, if Sonja didn't want their input, why invite them? Both Heather and Bethenny asked about target audiences and other brands -- it's fashion/business 101. Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 12

I agree Bethenny has been supportive, above and beyond so.  And Heather also - Heather has been at this circus with Sonja since the toaster oven days so I am amazed she is even still giving this her attention.  The designer/brand should be able to say where they are positioning themselves.  If Sonja has a marketing background, she should know this very basic thing.  This is a question that every buyer will ask, where are you positioning yourself, where in the store will you hang?  If they do not have an answer to this it is no mystery why no one is picking them up.  You have to have this nailed down or no one will "get" your brand.

• Love 15

Ok I didn't actually think her fashion show was that bad, but THIS comparison from Brian’s Vulture recap?  Had me legit laughing out loud(ly) for a good solid 2 minutes. Like, scared my dog loud.

Then the fashion show itself. Oy, I can’t even talk about everything that was wrong with it. It resembled a professional fashion show in the same way that this monstrosity from Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt resembles Miss Piggy.

ZL9g4eT.jpg

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 3

Has anyone tried to go to Sonja's website? I did and it said temporarily unavailable. I then looked it up on google just in case and Google said that the website may have been hacked. Weird.

I found some pics on reality tea though. Nice outfits but I did see some construction issues to nit pick. For example, one of the snakeskin print outfits didn't match the print at the seams correctly. Some of the tops had awkward boob darts.

I went to this website last night:  http://www.sonjamorgannewyork.com/.  I also checked it this morning, and it is fine.  All of her fashions are there.  Some of stuff is listed as "sold out", but most is available for sale, and you can order from the site and make payments via Paypal or by credit card.

I think a lot of Sonja's stuff is overpriced, imo.  The jumpsuit, for example, is available in black and red, and is priced at $495.00.  The details say it was "designed in New York City" (not MADE in NY) and "Imported of Italian fabric" - whatever that means, but does not say what type of fabric.  I recently bought a similar jumpsuit from Macy's, on sale for $49.99.  

A plain, silk Georgette gown in navy blue is $1,295.00.  The dress is simple and classic, and is very reminiscent of Lauren by Ralph Lauren in design.  A similar dress by Ralph Lauren would probably be about $300.00 at Lord and Taylor or Macy's.

I do have to say that I am surprised that Sonja actually got this up and running, and so I have to give her credit for that.  This is the furthest that Sonja has ever gotten with any of her business plans.  Do I think she will be successful?  Only time will tell.  I think that she and her "team" had only a certain small amount (in fashion industry terms) of garments made, and are waiting to see how things do on her website.  

Heather's questions were valid, and it seemed like Sonja and her team either did not understand or didn't want to answer the questions.  Department store placement is a big thing.  Are you going to be alongside the major designers (Kors, Lauren, DKNY, etc.) or are you going to be in the back of the department with the store brands?  

I think Sonja, for the most part, with her business ideas, envisions the end result, without knowing or caring about all the steps it takes to get there.  She seems to picture in her mind all the women of the UES walking around in her fashions, but doesn't think about how long or how hard most designers worked to achieve that. 

I think that this fashion show was, hopefully, a wake up call for Sonja.  She had a few melt downs, ("no one is wearing a chignon!!!!"), and she was sweating it a bit~~I think that was a good thing for her!!

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 8

I thought Bethenny was very supportive of Sonja. She and Heather, being in business, were right to be concerned about certain things. Of course, if Sonja didn't want their input, why invite them? Both Heather and Bethenny asked about target audiences and other brands -- it's fashion/business 101.

Did Sonja ask them to ask these questions?  Sorry, but those type of questions are asked before you have the clothes manufactured so you can modify the designs as needed.  At this point, the clothes were made, she was picking out models and the show was set to go.  When my friends put on fashion and/or art shows and wanted support, what they meant is for me to help talk them from the ledge when the stress ramps up or help getting things together.  Asking about marketing stuff when she is trying to put the show together isn't all that helpful or supportive.

• Love 1

I was able to get on this morning.  Someone else has already noted that the show was weird - the types of prints used didn't seem to mesh and it was all over the place.  But, they were actual clothes which is more than I ever expected to see.

I really like the drawstring tuxedo pants that Bethenny commented on in red.  I think Sonja was wearing them in black on WWHL last night.  At $225, though, I think I can pass.

• Love 3

I was able to get on this morning.  Someone else has already noted that the show was weird - the types of prints used didn't seem to mesh and it was all over the place.  But, they were actual clothes which is more than I ever expected to see.

I really like the drawstring tuxedo pants that Bethenny commented on in red.  I think Sonja was wearing them in black on WWHL last night.  At $225, though, I think I can pass.

Yeah.  I was finally able to get on the website.  The pieces are nice (although I said that before) but as others have stated, those prices are a little out of whack.  Even if the silk is of good quality, it is still too high.  Also, I wonder what the construction is like on these garments.  I would be pissed if I spent $300 on a top and the seams fall apart with only a couple of wears.  

• Love 1

It took all season but Bethenny finally found a target that fans would love her for dumping on. Sorry Ramona. She does deserve it.

Unfortunately, it didn't endear Bethenny to me; Ramona is easy target. Ramona is a low low bar because she is that heinous.

I knew from the discussion in the Preview thread that this would be a snoozefest and it was. Next week looks like bickering bickering everywhere. I just might skip it. It is exhausting to try to figure out who said what to whom and how they responded to justify why they are spitting in that one's face. Just no.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 5

Did Sonja ask them to ask these questions?  Sorry, but those type of questions are asked before you have the clothes manufactured so you can modify the designs as needed.  At this point, the clothes were made, she was picking out models and the show was set to go.  When my friends put on fashion and/or art shows and wanted support, what they meant is for me to help talk them from the ledge when the stress ramps up or help getting things together.  Asking about marketing stuff when she is trying to put the show together isn't all that helpful or supportive.

They had no idea what she, Sonja, wanted them to do. Both said they were told they would be looking/seeing the clothes and since neither had seen the line that would be hard to do. So they asked basic questions to get an idea of what they were dealing with.

• Love 15

Go Beth! She called Ramona on her bs. I loved it. And didn't let her get away with "ok, ok, crucify me."

Very interesting that Beth knows Mario's side piece.

Eta: Has Beth knowing Mario's mistresses been out there? I had never heard of that.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 11

Obviously Sonja's women's wear is going to be in the women's section,  I am curious why Heather would think they have a choice which designers they are displayed next to- I just don't think a small new fashion line would be thinking about that-I think they be delighted to be picked up.  Stores merchandise to sell product not appease the designers sense of worth.  To me Heather was asking the question to see who Sonja thought her line was on par.  Nothing to be gained from the question.  

I know nothing about fashion branding/merchadising, but I think that when a buyer purchases garments from a designer, there is much thought that goes into where it is placed on the store floor. Like if I had a juniors' clothing line that I intended to market as accessible and youthful to teens, I would want it next to Jessica Simpson or Guess merchandise because I would want those customers, if that makes sense. With Sonja's line, if Macy's did purchase it, they wouldn't place $500 dresses right next to a Cable & Gauge or a Style & Co display since those customers are less likely to reach for it. I think Heather was trying to get a feel for the brand by asking where it would be placed.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 19

Go Beth! She called Ramona on her bs. I loved it. And didn't let her get away with "ok, ok, crucify me."

Very interesting that Beth knows Mario's side piece.

Eta: has Beth knowing Mario's mistresses been out there, I had never heard of that.

Bethenny didn't just say she knew the mistress but that she "personally" knew her! LOL

• Love 8

Bethenny didn't just say she knew the mistress but that she "personally" knew her! LOL

Yes, caught that.

So, Ramona's business partner dated the other woman and Beth "personally" knows her.

It's all very Melrose Place.

• Love 6

I know nothing about fashion branding/merchadising, but I think that when a buyer purchases garments from a designer, there is much thought that goes into where it is placed on the store floor. Like if I had a juniors' clothing line that I intended to market as accessible and youthful to teens, I would want it next to Jessica Simpson or Guess merchandise because I would want those customers, if that makes sense. With Sonja's line, if Macy's did purchase it, they wouldn't place $500 dresses right next to a Cable & Gauge or a Style & Co display since those customers are less likely to reach for it. I think Heather was trying to get a feel for the brand by asking where it would be placed.

It kind of reminds me of when Aviva was "writing" her book and Heather asked her who her demographic was and she answered "People that read." 

I guess SonJa's demographic is people that wear overpriced clothes?

• Love 15

If you're going to say that Heather feels that she sits so much higher when she puts others down, then include Beth because she tagged right on to Heather with the Moe, Larry and Curly question. BTW, I don't think the question had anything to do with an attempt to one up Sonja or to put her down. It had to to do with being asked to be there to help and not understanding why they were there when they weren't even allowed to see the garments. And, you don't have to be the sharpest tool in the shed to understand Sonja and her 'backers' last minute motive not to show Beth and Heather the garments. When you're unsure, don't give others a chance to possibly criticize. The outcome made Sonja and her 'backers' look like the insecure ones, not Heather or Beth.

When did Heather whine like a big baby?

All Of This...!!

One thing I noticed during the "non-meeting" was how Sonja seemed to be ranting to the wall. She never looked Heather or Bethenny in the eye during her rant. I too was confused about the models. If Sonja picked them, why was the first girl the "wrong shape"?

Sonja making the seat assignments with a sharpie was so déjà vu of her. So, in her mind, if the buyers didn't have their name on a chair, they would know not to show up---what the hell?????

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 8

I agree that Bethenny does things for others and I believe she genuinely cares about Sonja. And that's why she challenges her and her team on stuff and will always come when Sonja calls. I think she really wants Sonja to succeed. Hopefully this year was a learning process and next time she'll do better. I know she's a total ditz but I really like Lady Morgan. She is a well wisher who doesn't get all judgie eyes on people. It also seems that she's tried to calm down with the drinking since her T&C "intervention." 

I know LuAnn did a better job of launching her line but I like Sonja's clothes a lot better. Given her background and money, I think LuAnn's fashion taste is more Kmart than Bergdorf Goodman. Not a fan of Kristen, but the girl definitely has got style. Love to see what she's going to wear next.

Loved how Bethenny put Ramona on total blast and she deserved every second. As someone up thread said, she should definitely have been a prosecutor. Wow!

• Love 3

Bethenny didn't say that Heather told her what Ramona said in T&C, Bethenny mentioned that Ramona told Heather that information that night at T&C.

I am assuming that Heather never told that to Bethenny as she left very early the day after, but maybe after the meeting at Sonja's they went for lunch or cocktails and that is when Heather told Bethenny about Ramona spreading this kind of gossip.

Bethenny is not the kind of person who sits on that kind of information, she was obviously pissed when she arrived to that fashion show so I am thinking the information has been newly revealed to her. The thing between Bethenny and Ramona has been brewing for a while and it came to an end, it is not a huge take down mastermind plan on Bethenny's part. Bethenny has let a lot of things go but this probably was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Bethenny had all the right to confront Ramona because her malicious gossip is damaging. Ramona can't say she return the dresses because she never did and Bethenny was naming a list of the things Ramona has done so obviously the dress is going to come up. I especially loved the part when Ramona offered to pay and Bethenny took her up on the offer. BTW Bethenny said that one dress was 500 and the other one was 45 hundred meaning 4500 , did I hear that correctly?

I would love to know if Ramona has effectively pay for both dresses, all Ramona has to do it is say it and show the check.

• Love 7
Did Sonja ask them to ask these questions?  Sorry, but those type of questions are asked before you have the clothes manufactured so you can modify the designs as needed.  At this point, the clothes were made, she was picking out models and the show was set to go.  When my friends put on fashion and/or art shows and wanted support, what they meant is for me to help talk them from the ledge when the stress ramps up or help getting things together.  Asking about marketing stuff when she is trying to put the show together isn't all that helpful or supportive.

I don't see why it wouldn't be supportive to ask somebody a basic question about the clothing line they're allegedly finished with. As someone upthread said, it's like Carol asking Aviva who she imagined the audience of her book that's already written presumably with an audience in mind was. It's not a trick question, it's a softball question that would give a normal person a great opening to talk up their product. It's not a suggestion that Sonja has to start changing her line to fit where she decides where they're going to sit, it's giving Heather and Bethany basic information that will help them be more helpful when they look at stuff. Getting a huge runaround to such a simple question would probably make a lot of business people sweat even if it's not their line.

• Love 19