Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Preview Special

• Start Topic

Watched the 30min special last night. Excited. Glad Kat is gone, little sad Ben is too (mostly cos of his accent) even though we do see him towards the end of the season. Interested to see how Amy and Kate get along for a second time with all these n00bs on the boat. Also, for a ship that is so expensive (the filiming/show aside) why can they not ever seem to get a fully qualified crew??

• Love 2

Did Kate have work done on her face to fix the resting bitch face she had?  She looked different somehow so I assume it is some sort of surgery or maybe she just practiced smiling all the time now.

Looks like new people new drama.  And the new female deckhand got a text that her dad died and she did not seem too upset about it.  Or maybe it was just editing. 

• Love 2

Sad to lose Ben, but if that's the price I have to pay to get Kat (brrrrrrrr) off my screen, FINE.

Although it looks like they've replaced Kat with a whole set of fresh staff whose main qualification reads "Horndog." 

Sigh.

I must be the only person in the world who thinks a peek at both sides of high-end yachting would be interesting enough all by itself.

• Love 6

Sad to lose Ben, but if that's the price I have to pay to get Kat (brrrrrrrr) off my screen, FINE.

Although it looks like they've replaced Kat with a whole set of fresh staff whose main qualification reads "Horndog." 

Sigh.

I must be the only person in the world who thinks a peek at both sides of high-end yachting would be interesting enough all by itself.

You are not alone.

• Love 4

Did Kate have work done on her face to fix the resting bitch face she had?  She looked different somehow so I assume it is some sort of surgery or maybe she just practiced smiling all the time now.

Looks like new people new drama.  And the new female deckhand got a text that her dad died and she did not seem too upset about it.  Or maybe it was just editing. 

Just watched the preview. I didn't notice any difference in her mouth but definitely a botox brow lift and filler in cheeks and under her eyes. It also looks like Amy got botox. This is just my opinion. When the season starts, I'll be on the lookout for "frozen" foreheads.

I already have a feeling that new girl, Rocky, will get on my nerves pretty quickly.  I know some people can be naturally hyper, but she seems like she's going to be too over the top hyper and probably because she does it for attention.  I hate people like that.  She seems like someone who would've been cast by "The Real World" 10 or 15 years ago.  Blech.

I wonder if the non-recasting of Kat was her choice or the producers'.  Either way, THANK YOU.  I also wonder why the guy who replaced the liar last season (sorry, can't remember either of their names) didn't return.  He was good looking and seemed like he'd be fun to watch had he had a full season to be on camera.  Plus, he was an experienced yachtie, so I think he would've been good to have on hand again.

Always glad to have Captain Lee back, though! 

• Love 6

They got new crew members but still the same archetypes. The tomboyish female deckhand, the young careless deckhand, the alpha engineer, douchey chef with an accent, and the crazy wild stew.

My guess is stopped the fillers.
  • Love 5

I didn't intentionally record this upcoming S3 teaser? but I watched it anyway.  Looks like a hot mess!  That blond, new girl Roxie? Rocky?  is straight-up BSC.  She actually looks like she's got some serious impulse-control problems (right up Bravo's alley) or is slightly mentally-imbalanced (even more up Bravo's alley).  Good luck with that.  I will say the new blond girl reminds me of a young Virginia Madsen.

The other new crew members (several ?) are meh.  Amy came back and she seemed a little more sexual this season? (playing up for the cameras or ...)  I dunno.  I liked last season's Amy better.  She seemed more genuine then.  

Kate's back and I like her (so far).  Eddie's situation looks messy, messy, messy but I'm sure its Bravo editing/editing monkeys going their usual route for shock factor.

Edited by beesknees

Based on long preview, I'm guessing Cap. Lee hands the new chef a plane ticket and Ben steps in. I'm not complaining. Sounds like Kate's already worked with a few of the newbies.

Can Bravo please cast an intelligent blonde woman for once? So sick of the stereotypes. For whatever reason, I don't count Kate as a blonde. The brunette is always the sexy, nice, clever, strong tomboy. More variety please.

Love the Captain Lee commercials Bravo is running.

Edited by turbogirlnyc

I thought it was funny that the new chef is getting crap for making beef cheeks all the time, if he knows it's a crowd pleaser and makes it only once ever charter I don't get the issue. I would rather have beef cheeks served in a timely fashion than wait hours for Ben's dishes.

• Love 6

Can Bravo please cast an intelligent blonde woman for once? So sick of the stereotypes. For whatever reason, I don't count Kate as a blonde. The brunette is always the sexy, nice, clever, strong tomboy. More variety please.

Kate doesn't seem like an actual blonde.

In any event, Emile is hot. Damn. Each year the resident male eye candy seems to get better.

I wonder if Kate and Amy are going to become friends because they hate Dumb Young Virgina Madsen. (She seems like Madsen's character in Modern Girls.)

• Love 2

They better not make me dislike my Eddie. Looks like he is going to have his girlfriend troubles overshadow his work. 

I can't imagine Eddie doing anything hateful even if he is less fun thanks to increased responsibility/girlfriend drama. I just hope his career trajectory doesn't get deep-sixed due to distraction and idiot underlings as he actually seems to want to become a charter captain.

Based on long preview, I'm guessing Cap. Lee hands the new chef a plane ticket and Ben steps in. I'm not complaining. Sounds like Kate's already worked with a few of the newbies.

I know I've only seen a couple minutes footage of the new chef, but I've already developed a stronger dislike for him than the trademark gold diggers and himbos they fill the lower positions with. It's one thing to have Gordon Ramsay attitude if you're a celebrity chef who owns his own restaurant, but when someone has hired you for cook to order on a charter for the ultra rich you need to check your alpha dog attitude at the door and do what you're told.

• Love 2

Like the trio of Capt. Lee, Eddie and Kate and obviously so does Bravo.

Looking at the preview:

Mr. Penis Blanket is back for another charter

Surly chef, but not charming like Ben

Eddie cannot get a break on this hired deck hands, another lunkhead he has to butt heads with

Gonna get in my truck and go catch a gator.

• Love 1