Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Last Dance

It is prom time at Rosewood High School , except for Alison, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer who have been banned due to "security" concerns. As the girls see this as the final humiliating blow to their high school careers, the girls' mothers try to make the best of a bad situation by offering a home prom in Spencer's barn. At first reluctant, the PLLs agree and try to make the best out of a bad situation. But one to never miss a formal, Charles has other plans in store to make this a night they will never forget. Meanwhile, Veronica, Pam, Ashley and Ella use prom night to touch base on everything that has happened to their daughters.

Promo:

Clip:

Way to sell it, Emily! Not.

As a bonus, Sara not being there with Emily just means it's that much more likely she will be there as Red Coat.

• Love 1

I'm afraid that the clip of Sara saying she already has plans to go to her old school's prom is just to lull me into a false sense of security (aka relief that she won't be at the PLL prom) and then we will somehow get stuck with her showing up at barn prom anyway.

• Love 3
(edited)
I'm afraid that the clip of Sara saying she already has plans to go to her old school's prom is just to lull me into a false sense of security (aka relief that she won't be at the PLL prom) and then we will somehow get stuck with her showing up at barn prom anyway.

Would Sara even be enrolled in her high school ?  She's missed TWO YEARS, and only showed up very late into the 2nd semester.  And it's not like she has been going to school while she was hanging out at Emily's house for weeks.  Wouldn't she still only be in sophomore year -- or did she get the accelerated credit treatment like Ali did ?  Which kind of shows how shoddy the school system is in Rosewood and the surrounding area -- why bother to learn anything when you can just up and disappear for a couple of years and graduate with the rest of your class.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

^ It's a moot point. Sara is not going to her own prom. She was invited by her old friends and agreed before Emily managed to work up to inviting her.

Pretty Little Liars- 6x09 Sneak Peek #2 "Last Dance"

I wonder if Lorenzo is being suspended for going out of his jurisdiction to the arcade without informing his supervisor, or because the underage girl he's been trying to bang stole his access card to sneak into a police precinct? 

• Love 2

Or how about just the part where he's trying to bang an underage girl? Oh, sorry, for a second I forgot we were in Rosewood and it's totally normal for a police officer to bang high school girls. In fact, I think it's a job requirement.

• Love 5

Or how about just the part where he's trying to bang an underage girl? Oh, sorry, for a second I forgot we were in Rosewood and it's totally normal for a police officer to bang high school girls. In fact, I think it's a job requirement.

Please, he'll obviously be promoted for that.

But seriously, I hope we get a scene of Tanner calling Lorenzo out for carrying on a relationship with a high school girl, but she seemed more concerned with Alison being where she wasn't supposed to be and didn't even question how she got Officer Calderon's ID card. 

• Love 3

Question..So I've seen this a few times..like Lorenzo and Ezra are similar because they go after underage girls.

Isn't he younger than Toby? I thought when he was introduced, he was said to be part of Rosewood's "Fresh perspective" the assumption meaning they just joined after the academy. 

So are we saying Toby is also too old to be dating Spencer? Or am I missing something about Lorenzo? (I don't like him, but not cause of his age.) 

You can't be a cop right out of high school. You have to be 21 in PA and have two years of college credit, which of course Toby doesn't have. So Toby and Lorenzo should be at least be 21, which means Toby has aged while the girls have not. And I assume Lorenzo is older than Toby because he looks older, like at least in his mid 20s. And by Fresh perspective, I thought they meant he was transferred from somewhere else so he's new to Rosewood and has a fresh perspective on all the murders and kidnappings that keep happening in this small suburban town.

• Love 1
(edited)
Isn't he younger than Toby? I thought when he was introduced, he was said to be part of Rosewood's "Fresh perspective" the assumption meaning they just joined after the academy.

I always thought Toby was one year older than Spencer, tops. If that! I mean, didn't he and Emily share a class together in season 1? 

But then:

You can't be a cop right out of high school. You have to be 21 in PA and have two years of college credit, which of course Toby doesn't have. So Toby and Lorenzo should be at least be 21, which means Toby has aged while the girls have not.

Still, the writers clearly didn't follow that with Toby, so I still think he's 18/19. I agree Lorenzo definitely looks like he's on his mid-twenties for sure. Early twenties being very generous.

My interpretation of Lorenzo being Rosewood's "fresh perspective" was that he's from Out of Town, as well.

In regards to the sneek peak: oh Emily, why??? Be glad you're so pretty, you have completely lost your game.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 2

I always thought Toby was one year old than Spencer, tops. If that! I mean, didn't he and Emily share a class together in season 1?

I would buy Toby being a year older since he probably missed a lot of time in Juvie being DuRag!Toby. Chemistry is also a general class, so students in any grade can take those based on their level of knowledge. I've had seniors in my English I classes because they didn't have enough credits or they failed it their freshman year. I don't buy Toby being that much older though. A year I can deal with but no more.

• Love 1

In the episode Toby's introduced, Emily tells Maya "he's an older boy that used to go here."  So apparently before Juvie, Toby was in a higher grade that the Liars.  Still being 21 now seems a bit of a stretch.  Also means that Spoby actually isn't as much of one of the rare age-appropriate relationships it's given credit for.

Did anyone else notice Toby's face in the broken glass effect of the promo?

What does that even mean?? Why is he there? It's usually the girls only.

I swear if he's Charles that will be the most ridiculous anticlimactic scene of all time. Remember when he was A team and walked like a robot and glared creepily at stupid things? How the hell would he pull off being Charles? Unless he's been acting so terribly all along so no one sees it coming.

I'm actually considering this because it just hit me that he was the first actor to know the full Charles story way before it even started.

• Love 2

Keegan's awful acting skills aside, Toby is a Rosewood kid (it's Jenna who moved to town when their parents got married), so how could he be Charles?

Still being 21 now seems a bit of a stretch.  Also means that Spoby actually isn't as much of one of the rare age-appropriate relationships it's given credit for.

IMO, it's still age-appropriate as they started dating when they were both in high school. Then, had Toby continued his education instead of becoming a carpenter-turned-cop, they'd both have been college students. I am not a Spoby fan at all, but calling them not age-appropriate is like saying one must date someone their very own age until their late 20s. Sure, it feels less appropriate now due to the insanely accelerated "development" for Toby, but the same can be said about Hanna/Caleb, really. We don't know what age Caleb is, but it hasn't felt like a relationship between teenagers in quite awhile. The show definitely loves the Older Guy relationship patterns.

• Love 3

Keegan's awful acting skills aside, Toby is a Rosewood kid (it's Jenna who moved to town when their parents got married), so how could he be Charles?

At this point, how could it be ANYONE?

I can't wait until this is over. I like it idea of a time jump and clean slate. I don't even care if they answer every question or not. Just put us out of our misery already!

• Love 5

Did anyone else notice Toby's face in the broken glass effect of the promo?

What does that even mean?? Why is he there? It's usually the girls only.

Speaking of which, i really REALLY hate those broken glass promos.  A lot of the fan art they use for them are just embarrassingly bad.  It was frustrating enough that they used them for season five but that they didn't stop using them for season six makes me stabby.  Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of contest for season six where someone would get to design the S6 promotional material?  Did they get no entries?  Why are we still stuck with these?

• Love 1

Wait why is Caleb leaving? How could he say to Hannah that prom is not important?

ARE THEY BREAKING UP?

I swear if Ezria survive and Haleb don't...

Also. Could Caleb be going away to track down Charles?

• Love 1

Also. Could Caleb be going away to track down Charles?

That's my guess. Given the laptop, I figure he has some sort of plan. I just hope it plays into the story and isn't just an excuse to get him offscreen. I like the focus on the girls doing their thing, but Caleb went from basically the fifth liar to MIA.
  • Love 1

At least now we know why the PLLs are always getting trapped in kilns, and freezers and rooms with no windows -- they inherited that gene from their mothers.

And what is with the prom committee at this high school ?  With the Eyes Wide Shut-style roving waiters and building the equivalent of a corn maze INDOORS -- WTF ?

Clark being an undercover cop still doesn't explain why he was meeting Rhys at the abandoned doll factory. Not at all.

• Love 8

Well all the mothers in the same episode.  Its that time of year again!  Yippie.  Speaking of:  They were EXTREMELY mete tonight.  "Why didn't any of us bring a phone?"  The eternal PLL question.   Also "The wind has a name:  Charles." 

I loved the text Ali got from Charles.  The usual "Come Alone" text.  I mean really you can almost read the "Come alone and I promise not to kidnap and torture you."  But I guess that was a given....and a lie.

I don't know what to think about Clark being an undercover cop.  I don't really care but it makes as much sense as anything else.  

Next week we find out who Charles is.  My guess:  Spencer in drag.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

The moms were the best part of the episode, especially their realization that they just met Charles. I have to say though, I was expecting them to find Kenneth's body.

The Rosewood prom though?  Gee maybe if they made it less creepy, creepers wouldn't be able to crash it.   And seriously, forbidding the girls. I kept thinking that Spencer's parents are both lawyers and could probably have a good case to sue the district for something like that. If nothing else, the publicity on social media alone would make them cave in the real world. 

• Love 6

The moms getting drunk on wine and getting themselves locked in the DiLaurentis basement is the greatest thing to ever happen on this show. 

Toby's not only completely useless as a cop himself, now he's actively preventing real cops from doing their jobs. 

Really liked the bit of Spencer and Alison we got. They have a really interesting dynamic. Sad to hear Alison say Spencer never even liked her because it's certainly seemed true at times but then Spencer really went to bat for her with Lorenzo and does seem to finally understand her now. 

So the girls were such a security risk to the Rosewood prom that they were barred from attending, but then no one stopped them from coming in and dancing with their significant others? There's no one checking tickets at the door? 

Fitting that the girls lost Ali at prom because they were all too wrapped up in their own relationship crap. 

I knew the episode would end on a cliffhanger but still so frustrating. 

• Love 7

I could watch a while spin-off of the Moms getting drunk, bitching about their weird lives, and getting stuck in places after trying to investigate. 

Aria describing the cops of Rosewood as the village idiots is the most accurate thing I have every heard on this show 

• Love 18

That was like the best episode ever, just because it had the PLLs, the PLMs and Ali. At first, I wondered where was Mona, is her mom not allowing her to go to prom? Were she and Alision not banned? But then once Rhys showed up in the scene with the moms I figured I didn't care if it meant we got all the moms being the PLLs- one episode and they're already where the girls are in the mystery after six seasons, lol.

When Emily asked if Aria really didn't know about Clark, my first thought was how would she know, she only just joined the show this season. Then I thought "he also didn't hit on her or try to arrest her, so how could Aria have known he was a cop."

I was so glad that they threw in that line about Ali wanting to know what she had done to Charles. For as much as they've wasted having Ali back, at least she's trying to get stuff done. I don't know where Ali's dad was, but I was expecting the pretty little moms to find his body too. Who knows, maybe A already has him and Jason.

One weird point, while we hear about Aria's future and Caleb getting a big private NSA defense type job, we hear nothing about Spencer and Emily. It's pretty much a given Spencer is getting into a great school, so I understand not spending much time on that, but what about Emily? She can't swim, she's not getting a scholarship, what's she gonna do? Kinda weird to just leave it up int he air after the big deal made about her swimming and trying to win that pageant. Sarah must go, she's killing Emily.

• Love 3

"All we have to do is keep our eyes on Allis.....oooh something shiny and pretty and....wait where did Alison go?"

Can we have a webisode or something during the summer hiatus with just the mothers. I don't care what they do. Hell they can get drunk and unburyMrs. D for all I care I just want to see more of their hijinks.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 14

"All we have to do is keep our eyes on Allis.....oooh something shiny and pretty and....wait where did Alison go?"

Ah, they're all so stupid some times. I love them and I know they have to do stupid shit in order for certain things to unfold plot-wise, but man, every character on this show can be a real dummy. First the moms all collectively going down into the basement without their phones. Then Alison literally spending the entire prom running around looking confused and actively trying to get kidnapped by her deranged brother. And the girls show up with one single goal: find Ali and keep her from getting herself killed...but nope, 7 sets of eyes and she manages to slip away wearing a giant shiny yellow dress. Because they had to make out with their boyfriends or whatever.

• Love 4

Sara: Whatever happens, know that I care deeply about you.

Me: Yeah, Sara disappearing right after that probably means she's the one who kidnapped Ali to take her to the real A/Charles. But hey, at least we got it pretty much confirmed that Sara's on the A/Charles' team! 

Seriously, the moms' plotline was the best part. It only took six seasons for all of them to band together, but hey, it's better than nothing! And much more useful than the dads, who have all conveniently disappeared. 

So, everyone seems to be making plans for the summer. Phew, I guess it's a good thing Ali got kidnapped just in time, so nobody's summer plans can be disrupted. I mean, that would be a shame for Ezzzzzzzzzzzzra to miss his Thailand adventure, whilst banging Aria in the airport during his layover, and Caleb's new 'totally not shady I promise...until next season when it's connected to Radley' job. 

Emily's sass to Aria? Kinda funny and kinda uncalled for. No, Emily, she didn't know that Clark was an undercover cop. Just like you don't know your girlfriend is helping a murderer, stalker criminal. 

Spencer's planned valedictorian speech sounded more like wedding vows. Oh god. 

Ok, so Allison literally walked around in circles at the prom for god knows how long, the girls kept losing her in a small prom area, and Charles was probably standing in a corner, waving his arms up and down, trying to get their dumbasses' attention.

Speaking off...bitchy teacher, hey, here's a hint for you. When you and the school board get people banned, why don't you, I don't know, enforce that and heighten security just in case they show up? Instead of standing there and telling them to 'leave before I make you leave'. They dealt with Charles/A for years. You don't scare them. 

I'm calling it now, that's NOT Charles at the end, but a minion (Sara) taking her to Charles' creepy dollhouse where she'll finally meet him. And it'll be Wilden or Wren. Or Kenneth, just because he magically disappeared and he was mentioned too often for it to be a coincidence. Unless he'll be shown as a dead body, or trapped with Jason in the dollhouse. Poor Jason. His family really does suck.

Oh yeah, Lorenzo and Spencer? Spencer, stop trying to pair the two off. I don't like it. I don't like Lorenzo. Go awayyyy. Except Lorenzo was cool at first for putting his foot down about Ali.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 2

I figured Clark was probably an undercover cop when they kept giving him superfluous amounts of red herring attention but I just about died when he full body shoved Ezra before even saying a word to him. Way to be covert, undercover cop. They didn't blow your cover, you did. We definitely need to see more of the Tipsy Little Moms, that was gold. Between Aria's village idiot comment and Ella's "not enough" after Veronica said she spilled, I have a newfound love of the Montgomery women. Speaking of, Veronica's anger and resentment was coming off a little anvil-y. I really hope they don't make her Mrs. D's murderer because Spencer really needs a break already.

It looks like Mandi Line finally realized that she can put Sasha in something fitted and sleeveless and we won't recoil in horror. I wonder is having Ali wear a dress visually similar to The Yellow Top of That Night was deliberate. I feel for Ali, I really do, but "what did I do to make him hate me"? He tried to drown you when you were less than a year old! I'd think it's pretty obvious that his hatred is not based in anything resembling our Earth logic. 

Edited by luvly
  • Love 5

As much as I adored "The Mom Show".... how many times do I have to watch 4 idiots on this show walk into a room and have the door slam and lock behind them? Everything is getting repetitive and annoying..

• Love 4

As much as I adored "The Mom Show".... how many times do I have to watch 4 idiots on this show walk into a room and have the door slam and lock behind them? Everything is getting repetitive and annoying..

I loved one of them (I forget who) saying, "why didn't any of us bring a phone with us?" Because of course that's what everyone watching would ask.  It is very contrived.

I was also expecting them to find a dead body.

• Love 2

Oh man I'm cursing Marlene so hard right now!! Weren't we supposed to get to see Charles's face tonight?!! For freak's sake!

Now, that's out of the way, whatever happens next week, i'll always love this show giving us the Moms hanging out together, drunk. It was positively glorious!!! There was a great season 1  Desperate Housewives feel to their interactions because of the amazing black humour and their conversations was possibly one of the most realistic things this show ever had! Veronica might even have debunked Ashley as my favorite mom. Her contempt for Ali's mom and the Dilaurentis as a whole was delicious and everything I never knew I need to witness.

My second favorite thing of the episode was that the girls didn't spent nearly any time at all in that lame barn because it was getting depressing really, really fast. It made me so happy that they crashed their prom, you don't understand! Also, special mention to the shots of Alison in the yard wearing that incredible dress and the ENTIRE fairytale theme of the episode. The feels it gave me!!

I'm ignoring all the couples because they're were the worst, but I will say I never loved Aria more than in the moment she was dancing with her fringing former teacher/boyfriend in her senior prom she crashed. You gotta admire her for that, even a little. And then those fools proceed to have the sanest conversation they ever had. Slow clap to Ezria!

In contrast, I don't think I ever hated Emily more than when she got distracted from following Alison to because of "Shower" Harvey. GOD FREAKING DAMN IT EMILY!

ETA: I'm still laughing that the guy we saw Alison talking with at the promo pics was actually just a waiter. Marlene, you troll!

• Love 4

I loved one of them (I forget who) saying, "why didn't any of us bring a phone with us?" Because of course that's what everyone watching would ask. It is very contrived.

I was also expecting them to find a dead body.

It wasn't contrived. It was meta, I loved every second of it.

• Love 4

Um, Drunk Mama Hastings is probably my new favorite thing on this show! Screaming for Mr. D and whatnot. Loved it. And I love that it's clear that the liars are just carbon copies of their moms! I loved every second of that. 

And shut up, Ali! I hate her holier than thou martyr attitude. "You never even liked me!" Um, Ali, when they thought you were dead they went though hell on earth to avenge your murder because they loved you so much. God. 

Clark's an undercover cop. Color me not that shocked. In fact that's been a go to thing lately on a few shows I watch.

Haleb. That is all. They are awesome.

This show makes me need as many glasses of wine that Mama Hastings had. 

• Love 3

The moms gossiping and getting drunk and getting locked in the basement was everything I never knew I wanted. Everyone else was pretty stupid and/or boring this week (aside from Aria, who made me laugh at least twice and then told Ezra to stay the hell out of LA), especially Ali (for obvious reasons), Emily (for even more obvious reasons), and Spencer (do NOT convince that holier-than-thou jackass Lorenzo that Ali needs him, Spence, COME ON). The idea of Caleb getting some big fancy job that can pay not only for an apartment in NYC but for Hanna's tuition as well is more unbelievable than half the stuff A's accomplished over the past five and a half seasons, but whatever, if it actually gets the one couple on this show that I care about to NYC, I'll believe it.

Also, that prom was gorgeous.

• Love 3
Also, that prom was gorgeous.

If I ever get married, my wedding is looking like that. Those trees were incredible. 

Spencer's planned valedictorian speech sounded more like wedding vows. Oh god.

It sounded like she was having an aneurysm to me, but to each it's own.

Ok, so Allison literally walked around in circles at the prom for god knows how long, the girls kept losing her in a small prom area, and Charles was probably standing in a corner, waving his arms up and down, trying to get their dumbasses' attention.

The girls dancing with their SO while Alison looked for Charles was insane even for this show. I think the editor went a tad cooky. I actually felt tired on Alison's behalf at one point because all that walking in heels, with that heavy dress, must have been a killer. 

• Love 2

All I could think about when they were walking around prom freaking ENDLESSLY is that the school constructed a million perfect hiding spots for handies and blowies at prom. I'm surprised they only ran into one couple making out in a dark corner. 

Best episode ever, just because of the moms. That was fantastic. Other than that, the episode could have been half as long if they'd not discussed prom for the first twenty minutes and then spent 47 minutes wandering through a forest. (Seriously though, how big is that school's gym?) 

• Love 6

That subtle flash of red during the Emily/Sara thing was oh so subtle.

I called Clark being a cop last week.

Please do something to surprise me next week.

The moms were enjoyable and I liked how they made comments that viewers have been making for years. Also liked that they had some of their daughters characteristics. Cue worried look from Pam and balls to the wall from Veronica.

Aria reacted strangely when she found our Clark was a cop. She could've felt betrayed but she looked more concerned about something.

Edited by Spencer Hastings

The moms made this my favorite episode of all time. That is all.

Also Caleb <3. 

And...so..um..Aria's dress was my favorite. (Saying something, isn't it.) Can't figure out what Emily is supposed to be from..is Hanna cinderella? 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Love 3
And...so..um..Aria's dress was my favorite. (Saying something, isn't it.)

Aria did look all sorts of stunning didn't she? Spencer's was my favorite in the promo pics but it didn't translate well to tv. Alison's looked even better than in the pics, but Aria's looked incredibly unique in the best way, I couldn't glance away when she was on-screen. She really pulled it off. The hair was also all sort of adorable; I want that hairband. And her earings. A+.

• Love 2

Loved Spencer's shells in her hair though. I thought that touch was nice for The Little Mermaid.

Ali looked stunning too. 

I think Emily was my least favorite, which is odd because usually I love to just stare at her. (Okay, I still did..) 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Love 3