Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Future

"Stop looking at me with those watery turd eyes and get me a wedding dress. Bitch."

Chet, get off the drugs and take care of your dog. And no way he'd have been able to take him to London, they have strict quarantine laws.

From the moment this episode started I could see a huge Indiana Jones-sized ball coming down the hill. I kept losing track of what's real life and what's the show and I think all of them did too. And figuring out who's running things and pulling all the major strings changes like the wind.

"Please... I was snorting blow off Mick Jagger's... you know... two days before I married an impotent duke for his title." LOVE IT!!!

Jeremy... DAMN, MAN!! That was cold. And Rachel was no better with the confessional scene. Damn......

I sort of worry that the reason so many viewers love this show is because they are watching people do and say the things they'd like to do.

Great ending, great Quinn! I hope Anna comes back as a bachelorette next season. Quinn talking to Adam about Rachel, that was way out of left field. "This was a gift. Love is swell, but it's not something you build a life around. You mean... like Mary?" Wow!!

"We killed somebody, didn't we?"

"Yeah, let's not do that again."

"Just no murder next season, OK?"

Then Jeremy has to go screw up the ending....... for me, anyway.

• Love 17

Oh my d@mn.

That was one of the BEST finales I've ever seen on any show. WOW!

I can't even process everything - it was just... wow!

Girl power.

Oh and Jeremy needs to be destroyed by Quinn and Rachel next year - I officially hate his guts and hope they just kill him off next season. Even him being a manipulative douchebag doesn't help him. He just comes off like a turd. Him going to Rachel's mom given how awful that woman is to her own child - I cannot stand it. Asshole.

I really, really hope they find a way to bring Adam back on the show full time next year... He's a playboy and kind of a jerk, but he's far more likeable than Jeremy. And if Jeremy stays then I need Adam to stay. Sorry. I hate Jeremy to the end of the earth. And not even as part of a triangle - I just need more guys to bounce around on the show and Jeremy sucks monkey balls.

Whew - glad I got that off my chest.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 22

I really liked some of it particularly Quinn/Rachel stuff. But it kinda depends on Adam getting a lobotomy between the rest of the season and the finale. Also, Grandma convincing him to pick Anna was a complete reversal of his motivations. I wonder what Stroma's reaction was to reading that scene. Actors hate that.

• Love 5

For a show that packed a lot into a finale episode it really did fly by.

Nice to see Jeremy showing he can be just as obviously douchey as the rest of them. Annoyed that the end scene means I'll have to deal with his douchey Nice Guy self next season. Boo. Go away Jeremy.

Chet bringing back the villain bad girl from the first episode felt like a waste. She didn't do anything all that interesting even with going up on the altar to take Anna's place. I also wanted more of a freak out from Grace for not getting chosen.

Quinn and Rachel are an evil effective team. The next season should have Anna working with them on a new show about her. That shot of her speechifying while walking away in the wedding dress was great.

Even though Adam wimped out thanks to Quinn's manipulations, I was still happy that they were going to run away together. There was a plane and everything!

Next season someone is definitely going to die but it won't be a suicide.

• Love 11

Huh, kind of a disappointing finale. There was plenty of exciting action for sure, and I don't mind where the episode ended up, but it felt very rushed, like there was an episode or two left on the cutting room floor between last week's episode and this one. It started out with a real tease of an opening, with so many important moments (Rachel's decision to leave Jeremy, Quinn's conversation with Adam) happening completely offscreen, and that kind of set the tone for the episode. I found myself being so much more interested in what was happening between scenes than what they did decide to show us.

I'm really looking forward to next season, but I'm kind of bummed that the finale left on such a low note. It just wasn't satisfying for me.

• Love 14

"Chet, get off the drugs and take care of your dog. And no way he'd have been able to take him to London, they have strict quarantine laws.

I didn't see the dog in the London scenes, just when they were still in "California." And judging by the shitty rainy weather of the past few episodes, I wonder how long they had to wait to get a nice day to shoot the wedding episode.

PA: "Your coffee."

Quinn: "No, you're too late. I don't want it anymore."

• Love 1

I hope Jeremy dies. I really can't stand him. He was already boring - he's even boring when he's trying to be a manipulative douchebag. At least Adam is charming and interesting to watch. Keep him. Dump Jeremy from the show.

And I do think that the point of the show was Quinn realizing that she fell for the fake crap they are peddling on the show: fairytale love. She said that to Chet.

I think she also believes Rachel fell for it too with her own Chet: Adam. So Quinn busted that up in the end - in a trifling way, but Adam fell for it and believed it, so... In the end, I actually think Rachel is grateful to Quinn for saving her from herself (with Adam).

• Love 10

I finally figured it out, this show reminds me of the FX series Damages that starred Glenn Close and Rose Byrne. The main characters both had a sick mother/daughter relationship like this show has with Quinn and Rachel.

The scene with Rachel breaking down in the confessional to Adam was awesome, I didn't see the twist coming. That was a tour de force acting moment for Shiri in that scene

• Love 21

I hope Jeremy dies. I really can't stand him. He was already boring - he's even boring when he's trying to be a manipulative douchebag. At least Adam is charming and interesting to watch. Keep him. Dump Jeremy from the show.

Jeremy is the worst!  He was awful when he was the "nice guy" cheating on his fiance, but he's even worse when trying to exact revenge Quinn and Rachel style.

• Love 13

I didn't see the dog in the London scenes, just when they were still in "California."

I just did a quick rewind to make sure I hadn't lost my mind (it happens) and Chet has the dog in his lap when they are filming in the church.

My DVR cut off the end--what did Jeremy say to Rachel's mother?

He said Rachel's sick again and needs help. Which means he will probably try to get her committed or something to get her off the show. He's such an asshole.

• Love 5

My DVR cut off the end--what did Jeremy say to Rachel's mother?

That Rachel was sick again.

Basically he's going to end up having her committed. I hope Quinn cuts off his balls and feeds them to him. *rage blackout*

Oh and Grace should have listened to Rachel.

• Love 7

Agreed with the Jeremy hate. Up until now I just hated him for being a boring waste of screen time. Now I hate him for being a self-righteous ass. Given what he just put Lizzy through I have no patience for him being this butt-hurt over Rachel's relationship with Adam. I was particularly annoyed that it seemed like Jeremy has let himself believe that Rachel was the one who manipulated him into restarting their relationship or to get carried away about planning a new future between the two of him. That was all on him. He has every reason to be hurt that Rachel chose Adam over him and that she was making him her back up guy, but he took this too far even before he ran to her mom to (presumably) try to get her forcibly committed or something.

• Love 18

Reality's not my thing, so I thought I'd be bored and/or annoyed by a show about the behind the scenes of a reality program. I took a chance because I've liked Shiri since way back when, and I'm really glad I did. This show is fantastic. There's a few things I could have done without, like reprising the Rachel/Jeremy relationship...but mostly, I've really enjoyed it. Great work from everyone involved.

• Love 4

What on earth was that oddly veiled threat that Rachel made to Quinn about "no more murder, at least among the contestants?" The look she gave Quinn was so cold, I thought for a moment that she'd poisoned Quinn's drink (and while I would've been shocked, I almost wouldn't have been surprised).

Nothing like a finale that leaves you with the message that all love is a lie. Cheery! And yet, I must enjoy getting lied to, for I will be back next summer.

• Love 8

What on earth was that oddly veiled threat that Rachel made to Quinn about "no more murder, at least among the contestants?" The look she gave Quinn was so cold, I thought for a moment that she'd poisoned Quinn's drink (and while I would've been shocked, I almost wouldn't have been surprised).

I thought the same thing! I worried Rachel was telegraphing that she'd want Quinn dead in Season 2, lol. But then she cracked and the look was her being grateful to Quinn and loving her for saving her from Adam/whatever.

Nothing like a finale that leaves you with the message that all love is a lie. Cheery! And yet, I must enjoy getting lied to, for I will be back next summer.

LOL - anything that excoriates the false premise of "love" that those shows like The Bachelor sell I'm all for. So I'll be back too!

I think this show is kinda dystopian in that it's not meant to be a fairytale or optimistic... it's people simply trying hard not to lose their souls (well, Rachel is trying not to lose her soul).

• Love 3

If I hadn't been pretty sure both actresses would be back for season 2, I would've expected Rachel to stab Quinn with a sharpened walkie talkie antenna. And that "I love you" was so tense. Very Guns 'N Roses (I used to love her, but I had to kill her…).

• Love 10

I like Jeremy. I think he's a good guy. And I think Rachel IS mentally sick, which is what the writers were alluding to by her looking really worn out at the end and acting weird (giving Quinn a weird stare and saying she loves her).

And I think the poster upthread hit the nail on the head when they said it was hard to tell the difference between the show "Everlasting" and "real life". I think this episode was written that way on purpose because it was showcasing how Rachel loses her mental stability and it gets blurry between what's real on the show and what's real in real life.

Edited by Silo
  • Love 9

Was I alone in cheering when UnReal gave itself a high-five by announcing it would be back? Loved it.

The scene in the confessional with Rachel and Adam was great, but even after avidly watching this show, I was stunned that Anna was in the adjoining confessional. You would think I might have learned something by now. But no...and the evil smile on Rachel's face...what a cunning little sociopath our girl is.

Everybody on this show is loathsome but so very good at it...that bringing back that loser from the first episode was such a lame idea of Chet's...the game is played so many levels above her tinted head.

This show is so cynical, so amoral, so wonderful...great work, all hands.

• Love 16

@cooksdelight wrote:

Jeremy... DAMN, MAN!! That was cold. And Rachel was no better with the confessional scene. Damn......

Agreed and that's why I'm not so shocked and put off by Jeremy's actions, in this season finale. It's totally understandable to me, why Jeremy betrays Rachel towards her mother. He's also hurt, feels betrayed and used, by a woman, that he chose over someone else.

Just like how hurt, betrayed and let down Rachel was by the actions of Adam and Quinn.

Adam, as I always thought he would do, turned on a dime, in regards to what he wanted to do with Rachel. He's a scumbag, but has a nice body and accent.

I thought that Rachel was going to jack up Quinn, in their last scene together.

Constance and Shiri are really great in these roles.

Edited by vixenbynight
  • Love 3

I loathe Jeremy. On a show with a bunch of amoral manipulative assholes, it's really saying something that I hate Jeremy more than any other character. The problem with Jeremy is that he's boring, sanctimonious, and thinks he's a good guy. In reality, Jeremy is boring, sanctimonious, hypocritical, and petty. He's not a good guy. He spent the season either flirting, fucking, or berating Rachel all while he was engaged.

I love that when the first girl to be eliminated came back that I instinctively knew that it was Chet's boneheaded idea and that Everlasting has probably pulled this stunt before. Great characterization. I can't believe we know these characters as well as we do in just 10 episodes.

I also think Anna finally got wise in her runaway bride monologue and set herself up for a bachelorette spin off.

• Love 16

I think the reason Jeremy's two scenes disturbed me the most is because that type of reaction is normally what sociopaths or stalkers do when someone dumps them. The calculating first bit about him not seeing the note. Then it steamrolls from there. I think he's going to go looney toons.

• Love 18

There is a long line of awful on this show, which is what has fascinated me about it. Tonight, though -- Jeremy is the worst.

Agreed. What a wishy washy asshole. 

Other than him, I loved the finale. As fucked up and twisted as Quinn and Rachel's relationship is, it's also two really interesting, complex, driven women, and I love it. I'd hate to know either of them in real life, but damn, they're fun to watch. Kudos to SA, I really thought she was having a breakdown in the confessional with Adam. I mean, yes, Rachel is about a cold coffee away from a complete meltdown, but I appreciate that she holds it together. 

• Love 7

I had a brief, fleeting moment of something approximating basic respect for Jeremy when he pulled the ol' "she already told me what happened" *wait for confession* line... because at least it meant he had two brain cells to rub together.  But then he turned into a self-righteous ass and it passed.  Seriously, it's not like he's all morally-upright, banging Rachel WHILE HE WAS STILL ENGAGED?

Part of me still wishes Rachel and Adam had run away together.  They're such horrible people, but they're horrible-great together which somehow cancels it out.  At least have some days or weeks of beach-sex before they figure out how to totally ruin it...

• Love 11

I think BOTH Jeremy and Adam are awful. I thought Anna summed up Adam brilliantly in the end - the man-whoring is bad enough, but the worse part is how dumb he is. Adam is very much a man-child in my opinion...flying by the seat of his pants with little regard to consequences. I totally understand why things are bad with his family, particularly his dad. He's a child who acts with little responsibility for his actions.

Rachel was right that whatever lies Quinn told him, just helped do what he wanted to do already. Quinn's saying the stuff about Rachel's being hospitalized likely freaked him out, thinking he might have to be an adult for her and it wouldn't be all sexy fun and games. I thought his reaction to Rachel's fake breakdown in the confessional was telling. This is someone he'd been promising and selling some fantasy to a mere day or two before and he couldn't wait to get away from her as she broke down.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 16

I still have to process the finale. One thing I will say is that Shiri deserves an Emmy Award.

I love Constance Zimmer's hard-edged, tough but vulnerable, ultra efficient and competent Quinn. She's a husky- voiced tour de force. (And her fashion and accessories are gorgeous.)

But Shiri Appleby? OMG. I can't praise her too highly. Rachel is damaged, vulnerable, manipulative, sweet, crazy, and equal parts weak and strong. The wrong actress could make Rachel a cartoon character. But Shiri infuses a soul into Rachel that makes me believe her all the way. Shiri is absolutely fabulous.

Meanwhile, I hate the Jeremy character because he's a hypocrite and a two-face. What's he doing running to Rachel's mom, anyway? And he's a cameraman, right? Among a million Hollywood cameramen? Why wouldn't Quinn just fire his ass? Is he really that important to the show, at Rachel's expense?

The final scene with Rachel and Quinn was a truly romantic tableau. Very real. True love coming from each woman. Somewhat sad, but also empowering and touching, to me.

• Love 21

I really liked some of it particularly Quinn/Rachel stuff. But it kinda depends on Adam getting a lobotomy between the rest of the season and the finale. Also, Grandma convincing him to pick Anna was a complete reversal of his motivations. I wonder what Stroma's reaction was to reading that scene. Actors hate that.

I don't think that the writing in the season finale, gave Adam a lobotomy.

He's going to do, whatever it takes, to get his vineyard and his own grandmother should have a better insight, of what he needs to do, in order to get back into the good graces of the other side of the family, that actually has the money, to help him, in case things don't work out with the show.

The grandmother also said, that "they don't marry brown people".

• Love 6

@cooksdelight wrote:

Agreed and that's why I'm not so shocked and put off by Jeremy's actions, in this season finale. It's totally understandable to me, why Jeremy betrays Rachel towards her mother. He's also hurt, feels betrayed and used, by a woman, that he chose over someone else.

Just like how hurt, betrayed and let down Rachel was by the actions of Adam and Quinn.

The difference to me is that unlike everyone else, Jeremy thinks he's the good guy in this and that makes him intolerable. Rachel, Quinn and Adam all know that what they do is self-serving and wrong, and that deep down they're terrible people. Well Quinn might argue that point, but it's only be to point out that she thinks our ideas about good and evil are dumb and pointless because by watching her show we're not just condoning but participating in her bad behavior. But still, it's that self-awareness that makes these characters attractive despite their ugly, ugly insides. Jeremy doesn't have that, and seems to have no understanding that he surrendered his high ground some time ago.

• Love 19

That was an amazing hour of television. Tons of things wrapped up, but lots left dangling.

At this point, the only decent character is the dog. Everyone else is amoral.

I'd totally watch a season of Anna, with appearances from her little x-box loving brother. Maybe we could even get Adam in for a few episodes.

Quinn burned Chet's world down around him and it was glorious. Vineyard he invested in, is now worthless, network seeing who the real brains are, check, Rachel tied to her side, check.

Jeremy running to Rachel's mother was just horrid. Those two can go burn somewhere, since they've both had a hand in messing her up.

My Monday nights will suck until it's back on.

• Love 15

Chet looked sincerely hurt that Quinn returned the ring. That made me happy because if anyone deserves to be wounded and sad, it's Chet. 

I, too, who thought Rachel was feeling murderous toward Quinn. For a moment, I thought she might break a champagne glass and stab her in the eye.

Oh, and Adam, when a woman tells you "everything is fine" in a super-cheery voice, everything is DEFINITELY NOT fine.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 8

Oh, and Adam, when a woman tells you "everything is fine" in a super-cheery voice, everything is DEFINITELY NOT fine.

Particularly a woman you believe to be mentally unstable.

That said, I think Adam will use his ownership of the Everlasting vineyard to try and get back into people's good graces.

Edited by portfino
  • Love 5

I like Jeremy. I think he's a good guy. And I think Rachel IS mentally sick, which is what the writers were alluding to by her looking really worn out at the end and acting weird (giving Quinn a weird stare and saying she loves her).

And I think the poster upthread hit the nail on the head when they said it was hard to tell the difference between the show "Everlasting" and "real life". I think this episode was written that way on purpose because it was showcasing how Rachel loses her mental stability and it gets blurry between what's real on the show and what's real in real life.

I don't think that Jeremy's the "good guy", in the same way that I don't think that Adam is the "dreamy, complicated and compelling guy".

I do think that Rachel really needs to get away from the "Everlasting" series and Quinn, because she doesn't want to be the "manipulative b*tch", but she doesn't know and/or want to see if she could do anything else.

How she was begging Adam to tell her, what was wrong with her, just raised huge red flags.

I really don't want her to repeat any of her toxic pairings with Adam or Jeremy.

The more interesting pairing is the toxic and dysfunctional mentor/friendship between Rachel and Quinn.

Edited by vixenbynight

I think I read somewhere that Chet's dog is actually Craig Bierko's dog IRL. So really, he's safe!

Britney was a bit of a let down. I hoped for more from her return then what really amounted to back scene theatrics.

Still liking this though. And can't wait for Season 2!

• Love 9

I prefer Jeremy out of the whole lot of them, compared to what all the others have done in the name of the show or are doing he's not evil for behaving like those around him. He's not covering up a murder and drug tampering.

There is something off with Rachel which they have alluded to and nothing from this season has shown she's healthier. Ad with her sleeping with them both even on the same day, I think a pregnancy plot could be out for her.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Rachel's breakdown wasn't even a teensy bit real, it was staged so Anna would overhear it. She and Quinn cooked up a PLAN to ruin the finale so that only they could save it.

Yes, rachel was able to draw on some real experiences, but so are all actors, and in that scene she was being a great actor. But it wasn't at all real. She was actually telling him the truth when she said she was fine, when Quinn told her she could salvage the relationship with jeremy I saw her adjust.

Jeremy is not the good guy he poses as, he's a wannabe manipulator too.

Love Quinn and rachel together, love how they outwitted everybody, and yes annals last speech was a thing of beauty,

• Love 12

I love Constance Zimmer's hard-edged, tough but vulnerable, ultra efficient and competent Quinn. She's a husky- voiced tour de force. (And her fashion and accessories are gorgeous.)

But Shiri Appleby? OMG. I can't praise her too highly. Rachel is damaged, vulnerable, manipulative, sweet, crazy, and equal parts weak and strong. The wrong actress could make Rachel a cartoon character. But Shiri infuses a soul into Rachel that makes me believe her all the way. Shiri is absolutely fabulous.

Meanwhile, I hate the Jeremy character because he's a hypocrite and a two-face. What's he doing running to Rachel's mom, anyway? And he's a cameraman, right? Among a million Hollywood cameramen? Why wouldn't Quinn just fire his ass? Is he really that important to the show, at Rachel's expense?

The final scene with Rachel and Quinn was a truly romantic tableau. Very real. True love coming from each woman. Somewhat sad, but also empowering and touching, to me.

ITA with everything yoy said. Jeremy need to die a slow painful death. Quinn has no soul. She's straight up evil. Rachel is very much damaged but deep down inside is a soul waiting to be found. Shiri brought Rachel to life. Nobody could have played role any better or up to her level. I had moments where I forgot she was acting. I just want to give Rachel a hug. I wonder how much of Rachel is really Sarah.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 3

I found myself hitting the mute button a few times during the episode because I could sense the cringe worthy dialogue. This finale left me pretty cold.

Jeremy is the most normal person on the show, which doesn't mean he's good. Either he has to accept that he seems to make Rachel crazy or that she needs help. Obviously, he would think she needs help. He likely knows her mother is a psycho, which means what he did at the end was pretty shady.

So, Quinn is actually upset that Chet was creating a new Quinn. I guess Madison can be the new Shia for now. I'm kind of lost on this show now. It got too soapy in its machinations tonight. I won't be waiting with baited breath for next season.

• Love 2

Jeremy is the worst! He was awful when he was the "nice guy" cheating on his fiance, but he's even worse when trying to exact revenge Quinn and Rachel style.

Next season, I hope they castrate him. And while I'm speaking in the figurative sense, the literal works for me, too. Douche.

• Love 4

I freaking love this show.

I think BOTH Jeremy and Adam are awful. I thought Anna summed up Adam brilliantly in the end - the man-whoring is bad enough, but the worse part is how dumb he is. Adam is very much a man-child in my opinion...flying by the seat of his pants with little regard to consequences. I totally understand why things are bad with his family, particularly his dad. He's a child who acts with little responsibility for his actions.

Rachel was right that whatever lies Quinn told him, just helped do what he wanted to do already. Quinn's saying the stuff about Rachel's being hospitalized likely freaked him out, thinking he might have to be an adult for her and it wouldn't be all sexy fun and games. I thought his reaction to Rachel's fake breakdown in the confessional was telling. This is someone he'd been promising and selling some fantasy to a mere day or two before and he couldn't wait to get away from her as she broke down.

This part killed me the most. If there was another reason Adam gave for changing his mind, we could still give him the benefit of the doubt but it was exactly this that made him seem like such a coward. What happened to the Adam that would go through with marrying someone to protect Rachel??? Now all of a sudden he's running away because he thinks that Rachel had been hospitalized before without talking to her about it first?

Sucks because they have such good chemistry together, I hope there's some sort of redemption arc for his character in store for next season (on a shallow note, Freddie Stroma was well cast as this show's eye candy).

And I loved how Quinn and Rachel worked together, especially with Rachel pointing out that Brittany was Chet's hot mess.

LOVED IT.

• Love 8

Slightly off topic, but the show made this point that the Dowager Duchess of Sandwich was the only one of Adam's family who would participate in the farce that was Everlasting. The real life Earl and Countess of Sandwich appeared on Ladies of London on Bravo. His son the Luke Montagu, Viscount Hinchingbrooke and his daughter-in-law Lady Yoga Teacher starred on the show. Lady Yoga Teacher was in the friend of housewife role.

• Love 7