Type keyword(s) to search

Episode v. Feeds: To Tell the Truth

Kromm
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Please elaborate! 

Also, I simultaneously love and hate all of you, for ruining my illusions of Kevin. Sigh.....after Mark is gone I wouldn't be upset if a nuke landed on that house. 

Sorry about the Kevin thing. If it makes you feel any better, some of us (me) in the Live Feed thread kinda went through the same thing but it was stretched over two weeks or so of watching and discussing. 

So all of the -gates (hey, we gotta call them something to entertain ourselves because this season is seriously in the shitter) happened in the course of 18 hours or so? And they're all kind of related to each other, as one brought on the next and so on and so forth, so this is just a quick recap skimming over the major details (I remember Cereal- and Verbatimgate the best, mainly because I was transcribing quotes during and after them). All quotes identified by the name of a HG are direct quotes:

Bed/Pillowgate
To set the scene for Bed/Pillowgate, Mark was named a Have Not this week because of his performance in the last comp. He successfully chose the right box to open in the Have Not room and got the pass for the week. However, in anticipation of being a HN and because those HN beds are so ridiculous and they Princess-and-the-Pea style the hell out of them, Mark had taken a pillow from Alex's usual bed downstairs. Alex was HoH and had all the HoH pillows. At this time, Elena was sort of separating from Mark and she had told him that she wanted to sleep alone, in her own bed, so he would have to find another available space. (Hilariously, he originally chose Matt and Raven's sex bed.)

So Alex went off on Mark about the pillow, hence PillowGate but then who decides to jump in, like they do every single argument in the house? (It's a trick question.) Cue up the Circus song because here comes Josh! It turns out Josh, like he said when voting her out last night, has a schoolboy crush on Elena. So Josh picks up a fight with Mark about how he's gonna sleep next to Elena and Elena is so hot and Mark is a horrible person that Josh has no respect for, lather rinse repeat. It was over quickly - thankfully - and that night, I believe Elena slept by herself in a different bed and Mark slept in Elena's?

Cerealgate
The next morning, things are all right. People are being civil to everyone, even Cody. Alex, as HoH, had gotten a box of Honey Nut Chex. Cody asked if he could have some. She said yes (and possibly asked him to save her a bowl). When Alex came downstairs, lo and behold, the box of Honey Nut Chex was empty and Cody was eating from the most magical bowl of cereal that didn't empty out for a good twenty minutes or so. So that started a fight that quickly devolved into Alex bringing up Cody's kid and the usual bullshit, plus one very telling line that I feel is setting the whole tone for the season:

Alex to Cody: "If you want us to hate you, we're going to make you hate us even more."

Let that quote sink in.

Cody, through silence, deflection, and lots of "Oh my gosh/Please stop talking to me" at his cereal bowl eventually escaped as the entire house gathered in the kitchen to tell him he's a horrible person. Again. For the 73rd time. 

In walks Mark.

Pillow/Bedgate Part Deux
So now Mark is in the lion's den kitchen. Josh continues with his usual bullshit. This one was actually over somewhat quickly what with Cody coming back into the room from the bathroom to clarify that he and Mark were never in an alliance again after Cody came back into the house and that they were only friends. Mark and Josh agreed to squash their beef (yeah, right). Throughout this all, Elena was standing silently in the kitchen. But since she's next on Josh's attack list, here we go!

Verbatimgate aka the Elena/Josh fight
The best Big Brother fight of the entire season. Hands down. She fucking owned his ass - for the first ten or so minutes until it devolved into its usual bullshit thanks to Alex and Christmas.

Josh starts attacking Elena, going back to the week the Josh was HoH. Elena didn't hug him like everyone else when it was time to celebrate... except Elena did and she high fived him and then walked away. And Elena pulled him aside immediately to beg him not to put her on the block... except Elena waited awhile and didn't exactly beg. And Elena said this and Elena said that and Elena did this and throughout it all, Josh kept saying that he was repeating her words verbatim. And Elena dropped my most favourite line of the season.

Elena to Josh: "Except your version of my verbatim isn't fucking verbatim according to the definition of verbatim!"

The word verbatim was tossed around a lot during that fight, hence Verbatimgate.

All those clips of Elena getting loud and talking over Josh? Were actually quite calm moments for her because she raised her volume level only when he did and only enough to speak over him while he kept trying to interrupt her, and she called him out for always being butthurt that people do that to him while he does the exact same thing to her but expects her to not be offended. She did eventually get frustrated and bang on the counter a few times to get him to stop talking but then would immediately calm herself and bring it back down to a reasonable level to continue to logically point out where Josh was wrong.

At the end, like always, Alex and Christmas brought it back to the personal level and started attacking Elena over what car she drove and where she worked because she was always claiming that she was unemployed and broke, therefore the reason for taking the $5K.

Elena ended up walking away/being chased away (take your pick) and all we were left with was Josh, Christmas, and Alex patting themselves on the back for being such good people, Paul watching but not engaging because he never gets his own hands dirty, Jason fired up in defense of Alex, and I think Kevin had done his usual escape into the backyard while this was going on. 

Clear as fucking mud, right?

Really, it was no different from the other fights this season. It had all of its usual players: the victims were played by Cody, Mark, and Elena. The aggressors were played by Josh, Alex, and Christmas with an assist from Jason (he really only got involved verbally in Cerealgate, maaaaybe Pillow/Bedgate Part One?). Raven and Matt spied on all of the kitchen fighting from the upper level outside the HoH room. Paul was the silent observer who occasionally made a pointed comment (like the "Clarity. Finally. Some clarity" that we heard on the broadcast show) and after all was said and done, immediately tried to turn the house's focus back to Cody and what a horrible person he is. And Kevin was probably doing another load of towels in the washing machine.

To wrap it up, I truly believe that Alex is getting a better edit than Paul is. She is so vicious and vile and ugly in these fights, always bringing it back to a personal level (to Cody: "How's your kid. Do you even have one?" and to Elena: "What kind of car do you drive? Because mine's a piece of shit and doesn't run so you stole food out of my kid's mouth money from me.") and then always claiming that she's not playing a personal game, they are, and like everyone in this house, they're just Standing Their Ground. They're The Good Guys.

Welcome to Big Brother 19.

(If anyone gets through this novel, please let me know if I got any of the details wrong. I was late to Bed/Pillowgate Part One but caught Cerealgate almost from the beginning and transcribed Verbatimgate as it was happening live. And of course, I'm a slightly biased person because I hate all of them and practically seal clapped and bounced in my desk chair when Elena started verbally owning Josh's ass, so this might be slightly coloured by opinion but I tried to keep it out of the actual -gate descriptions.)

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Sorry about the Kevin thing. If it makes you feel any better, some of us (me) in the Live Feed thread kinda went through the same thing but it was stretched over two weeks or so of watching and discussing. 

So all of the -gates (hey, we gotta call them something to entertain ourselves because this season is seriously in the shitter) happened in the course of 18 hours or so? And they're all kind of related to each other, as one brought on the next and so on and so forth, so this is just a quick recap skimming over the major details (I remember Cereal- and Verbatimgate the best, mainly because I was transcribing quotes during and after them). All quotes identified by the name of a HG are direct quotes:

Bed/Pillowgate
To set the scene for Bed/Pillowgate, Mark was named a Have Not this week because of his performance in the last comp. He successfully chose the right box to open in the Have Not room and got the pass for the week. However, in anticipation of being a HN and because those HN beds are so ridiculous and they Princess-and-the-Pea style the hell out of them, Mark had taken a pillow from Alex's usual bed downstairs. Alex was HoH and had all the HoH pillows. At this time, Elena was sort of separating from Mark and she had told him that she wanted to sleep alone, in her own bed, so he would have to find another available space. (Hilariously, he originally chose Matt and Raven's sex bed.)

So Alex went off on Mark about the pillow, hence PillowGate but then who decides to jump in, like they do every single argument in the house? (It's a trick question.) Cue up the Circus song because here comes Josh! It turns out Josh, like he said when voting her out last night, has a schoolboy crush on Elena. So Josh picks up a fight with Mark about how he's gonna sleep next to Elena and Elena is so hot and Mark is a horrible person that Josh has no respect for, lather rinse repeat. It was over quickly - thankfully - and that night, I believe Elena slept by herself in a different bed and Mark slept in Elena's?

Cerealgate
The next morning, things are all right. People are being civil to everyone, even Cody. Alex, as HoH, had gotten a box of Honey Nut Chex. Cody asked if he could have some. She said yes (and possibly asked him to save her a bowl). When Alex came downstairs, lo and behold, the box of Honey Nut Chex was empty and Cody was eating from the most magical bowl of cereal that didn't empty out for a good twenty minutes or so. So that started a fight that quickly devolved into Alex bringing up Cody's kid and the usual bullshit, plus one very telling line that I feel is setting the whole tone for the season:

Alex to Cody: "If you want us to hate you, we're going to make you hate us even more."

Let that quote sink in.

Cody, through silence, deflection, and lots of "Oh my gosh/Please stop talking to me" at his cereal bowl eventually escaped as the entire house gathered in the kitchen to tell him he's a horrible person. Again. For the 73rd time. 

In walks Mark.

Pillow/Bedgate Part Deux
So now Mark is in the lion's den kitchen. Josh continues with his usual bullshit. This one was actually over somewhat quickly what with Cody coming back into the room from the bathroom to clarify that he and Mark were never in an alliance again after Cody came back into the house and that they were only friends. Mark and Josh agreed to squash their beef (yeah, right). Throughout this all, Elena was standing silently in the kitchen. But since she's next on Josh's attack list, here we go!

Verbatimgate aka the Elena/Josh fight
The best Big Brother fight of the entire season. Hands down. She fucking owned his ass - for the first ten or so minutes until it devolved into its usual bullshit thanks to Alex and Christmas.

Josh starts attacking Elena, going back to the week the Josh was HoH. Elena didn't hug him like everyone else when it was time to celebrate... except Elena did and she high fived him and then walked away. And Elena pulled him aside immediately to beg him not to put her on the block... except Elena waited awhile and didn't exactly beg. And Elena said this and Elena said that and Elena did this and throughout it all, Josh kept saying that he was repeating her words verbatim. And Elena dropped my most favourite line of the season.

Elena to Josh: "Except your version of my verbatim isn't fucking verbatim according to the definition of verbatim!"

The word verbatim was tossed around a lot during that fight, hence Verbatimgate.

All those clips of Elena getting loud and talking over Josh? Were actually quite calm moments for her because she raised her volume level only when he did and only enough to speak over him while he kept trying to interrupt her, and she called him out for always being butthurt that people do that to him while he does the exact same thing to her but expects her to not be offended. She did eventually get frustrated and bang on the counter a few times to get him to stop talking but then would immediately calm herself and bring it back down to a reasonable level to continue to logically point out where Josh was wrong.

At the end, like always, Alex and Christmas brought it back to the personal level and started attacking Elena over what car she drove and where she worked because she was always claiming that she was unemployed and broke, therefore the reason for taking the $5K.

Elena ended up walking away/being chased away (take your pick) and all we were left with was Josh, Christmas, and Alex patting themselves on the back for being such good people, Paul watching but not engaging because he never gets his own hands dirty, Jason fired up in defense of Alex, and I think Kevin had done his usual escape into the backyard while this was going on. 

Clear as fucking mud, right?

Really, it was no different from the other fights this season. It had all of its usual players: the victims were played by Cody, Mark, and Elena. The aggressors were played by Josh, Alex, and Christmas with an assist from Jason (he really only got involved verbally in Cerealgate, maaaaybe Pillow/Bedgate Part One?). Raven and Matt spied on all of the kitchen fighting from the upper level outside the HoH room. Paul was the silent observer who occasionally made a pointed comment (like the "Clarity. Finally. Some clarity" that we heard on the broadcast show) and after all was said and done, immediately tried to turn the house's focus back to Cody and what a horrible person he is. And Kevin was probably doing another load of towels in the washing machine.

To wrap it up, I truly believe that Alex is getting a better edit than Paul is. She is so vicious and vile and ugly in these fights, always bringing it back to a personal level (to Cody: "How's your kid. Do you even have one?" and to Elena: "What kind of car do you drive? Because mine's a piece of shit and doesn't run so you stole food out of my kid's mouth money from me.") and then always claiming that she's not playing a personal game, they are, and like everyone in this house, they're just Standing Their Ground. They're The Good Guys.

Welcome to Big Brother 19.

(If anyone gets through this novel, please let me know if I got any of the details wrong. I was late to Bed/Pillowgate Part One but caught Cerealgate almost from the beginning and transcribed Verbatimgate as it was happening live. And of course, I'm a slightly biased person because I hate all of them and practically seal clapped and bounced in my desk chair when Elena started verbally owning Josh's ass, so this might be slightly coloured by opinion but I tried to keep it out of the actual -gate descriptions.)

This is pretty much it.

Elena had some EPIC lines that had me rolling in laughter when her and Josh were fighting.

One of my favourites that I can remember on the top of my head? Which we did hear in the broadcast version but it was oddly edited in:

Elena (to Josh): Your voice is LITERALLY giving me heartburn.

Also, what needs to be remembered is that Josh is yelling at Elena about lying when he's lying about being blindsided about staying. He knew he was staying the entire time and was in on the plan to lie to Elena/Mark about the votes....so basically, his whole point is wrong to begin with and Elena/Mark will find out about it after the finale.

Unfortunately, the Josh/Elena fight was heavily edited; you can tell with the weird pauses because there was so much more going on with Josh repeating lies and Elena repeating the truth. Unfortunately, Josh wasn't listening because he only had his two or three points and when Elena owned him several times, he didn't have anything else to say so he had to just continue repeating how much he had a crush on her and it's not personal but....

• Love 1

@Callaphera, as someone who watched all this crap on the feeds, I concur with your overview of the various -gates. I was sooooo disappointed in the editing of if last night's episode because it made it look like Elena was attacking Josh and totally left out how she calmly owned him throughout much of if the fight while he acted like a jerk. Plus I really wish they'd shown how calmly Cody sat there as he was yelled at about the cereal.

Also they left out the part where Christmas jumped on Elena for the horrible sin of being a liar, when paragon of virtue Christmas has been lying all along about her vote from the hospital. To be clear, lying is part of BB so have at it, but maybe don't come at others quite so hard for their alleged lies if you're a big ol' liar yourself.

Ah, I realized that I forgot my favourite part of Cerealgate: when Christmas angrily declares that Cody is an awful human being for eating all the cereal but wait! Wait just a God damned minute because Christmas took some - without anyone's permission unlike Cody who at least asked - and had put some in a Ziploc bag in the cupboard and here she goes to get it... oh wait, wrong cereal. My bad, guys. Nothing to see here!

7 minutes ago, Michichick said:

@Callaphera, as someone who watched all this crap on the feeds, I concur with your overview of the various -gates. I was sooooo disappointed in the editing of if last night's episode because it made it look like Elena was attacking Josh and totally left out how she calmly owned him throughout much of if the fight while he acted like a jerk. Plus I really wish they'd shown how calmly Cody sat there as he was yelled at about the cereal.

Not just about the cereal, but the "How's your kid. Do you even have one?" bullshit. It was amazing that he didn't immediately snap then. Plus Jason's weak "Are you even from Iowa?" Because remember, no one from Iowa would ever steal anything and technically, Cody stole the cereal that was given to him when he requested it from Alex. But stolen! Stolen! Thief! Burn the witch!

Oops, got a little carried away there.

8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Unfortunately, the Josh/Elena fight was heavily edited; you can tell with the weird pauses because there was so much more going on with Josh repeating lies and Elena repeating the truth. Unfortunately, Josh wasn't listening because he only had his two or three points and when Elena owned him several times, he didn't have anything else to say so he had to just continue repeating how much he had a crush on her and it's not personal but....

It wasn't heavily edited. It was fucking butchered to the point that it had no start, had no stop, had no middle, and completely misconstrued the entire situation. Thanks, BB Editors. You were doing us a solid by keeping the shit about Raven tamped down but then you do this to us? 

Like I know that the feed watchers and the broadcast only viewers get two completely different stories. Sometimes they kind of match up but this is one of those seasons where it's not even close. What we see on the feeds is what the broadcast viewers see, but x1000. And it's non-stop.

Edited by Callaphera

Callephera, THANK YOU! That was a beautiful summation. I feel so dirty, watching this show, allowing the network to fuck with me. The viewing experience IS vastly different. And not everyone has the time/money for feeds. I'm grateful for those here who take the time out to enlighten the rest of us. But, damn, it makes me so angry that they cut and paste to suit the narrative THEY want to present. 

Just from watching the regular show, though, I'd already formed opinions of most everyone in there that fits the stories you're telling me. Already knew Josh was a delusional douche who talks over everyone. Already knew Alex was a snotty, little brat. Already knew Christmas was a mean girl. 

But the Kevin stuff threw me. And made me sad. 

CBS really needs to get their shit together when casting. Or are MOST people just vile? 

wow, what an edit last night.  Alex is the cute prankster?  not the vile, disgusting attack dog?  Christmas--not anything demonstrating how mean and immature she is?  Jason, the fun loving cowboy?  Why aren't they showing how Kevin immediately told about Cody's daughter?  What contrived crap.

On 8/17/2017 at 0:25 AM, Callaphera said:

Oh yeah, Kevin. Your family is always on your mind.

Especially when you're cuddling up on Christmas. Or asking to feel the material of her bra. Or talking about fucking in the jury house. Or if you can stay on Jason's couch if your marriage falls apart.

Well, I guess that last one really is thinking of his family.

Whoa...what??? He is talking about effing who in jury house??  

8 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Whoa...what??? He is talking about effing who in jury house??  

At one point a couple(?) of weeks back, Kevin asked Jason if he would hump Christmas in the JH; Jason answered "No", to which Kevin replied something to the effect of, "Why not?  There aren't any cameras in there."  This was right around the same time Kevin had professed somewhat of a crush on Christmas, so the implication was Kevin had doing her on his mind.

Final note: Immediately after the "humping" conversation was when Kevin went into his funk about how much he missed home and family - one interpretation of THAT being Kevin was feeling guilty and/or nervous about his earlier comments and worried about how they might be received back home, so he suddenly shifted back to Family Guy mode.

2 hours ago, Nashville said:

At one point a couple(?) of weeks back, Kevin asked Jason if he would hump Christmas in the JH; Jason answered "No", to which Kevin replied something to the effect of, "Why not?  There aren't any cameras in there."  This was right around the same time Kevin had professed somewhat of a crush on Christmas, so the implication was Kevin had doing her on his mind.

Final note: Immediately after the "humping" conversation was when Kevin went into his funk about how much he missed home and family - one interpretation of THAT being Kevin was feeling guilty and/or nervous about his earlier comments and worried about how they might be received back home, so he suddenly shifted back to Family Guy mode.

Wow.  Damn it Kevin! He is my favorite.  I'm glad at least Jason said no.  

Do y'all think Cody and Elena are banging it out? 

18 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Wow.  Damn it Kevin! He is my favorite.  I'm glad at least Jason said no.  

Do y'all think Cody and Elena are banging it out? 

Not other than banging empty glasses on the bar for refills, no.

RAAAGE! RAGE at the idea of Slip and Slide/Teacups being used as a Veto. 

Okay, so my anger has cooled to a dull resignation that they've completely ruined this season but this is honestly the thing that made me break. Sounds ridiculous but true. This has always been my favourite comp because we get it on the feeds and we get to watch unedited pratfalls. I sit there with a glass of wine and laugh gleefully when everyone that I hate slams down to the ground (hopefully on top of their microphone/battery packs) and when it's someone I really hate, I'll watch the clip over and over with a satisfied sigh.

But of course I didn't get any of that because they used Slip and Slide/Teacups for a fucking Veto comp, which means the feeds were cut for the whole thing and I never got to see Raven face plant (and if that was the face plant they were talking about, it was about as lame as Zingy's zings this time around). It's not that I want these people to get hurt - though there is an extra level of hilariousness when it comes to injuries this summer because of Raven. But for seasons, this comp has been an HoH endurance that spills over to the feeds and this year... not so much. 

Unedited pratfalls, people. They denied the feed watchers unedited pratfalls and as such, have denied us glorious screenshots and videos of these fools landing in the middle of a lane of Crisco with their limbs all over the place and coloured goo flying to share with the non-live feeders. Or to save in a special folder on the computer, only to be opened when you're having the worst day and need a pick-me-up.

Fuck you, Production. 

Detouring this comment from the non-feeds episode thread:

44 minutes ago, Nashville said:

In the opening, did they have to make it look like Kevin was masturbating in the kitchen?

Well... that is where all the hand towels are, so....  :>

Also the home of a certain towel that has more protein stains than Monica Lewinsky's dress.

3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Detouring this comment from the non-feeds episode thread:

Also the home of a certain towel that has more protein stains than Monica Lewinsky's dress.

Ah... I knew somebody would pick up on that....  :D

Okay, so I didn't expect Jason's "joke" about raping Kevin's wife and forcing his daughters to watch to make Thursday's ep, but would it have killed the show to let us see Alex trying to starve him by throwing out the slop?  Yes, it would destroy Alex's edit, but it would add to Kevin's sympathy edit, and with the show giving Paul and the Paulettes a pass on the bullying, you might as well throw Alex under the storyline bus, no?

Nah, what am I thinking?  Everyone left in the house is a completely wonderful person.  Silly me.

On 8/18/2017 at 2:51 AM, HurricaneVal said:

Gawd.  You feedsters are always pointing out how Raven is constantly looking to forcefully smooch or hug the other houseguests--willing or not.   Since this was a DE live show, there was no time for editing, and there is Raven with her fish lips and big me-me-me eyes looking for that liplock.  Yuck.  Does she not see the cringing reluctance from her victims?

Despite my female name, I am really a man and I have a hard time believing that when men go in for a kiss, they always seem to be expected to look into a lady's face and see whether she is interested or not. So many times I have tried to kiss a lady and she made it real clear that she just was not interested. Ultimately, the most embarrassing moment comes when she turns her head and presents the man with her cheek. Cannot be any more obvious than that.

So, why is it (I'm really curious to know and I think it must have something to do with her upbringing) that Raven can't seem to do the same thing? Why can't she tell when men are just not interested in kissing her or in any kind of romantic involvement with her? She had to chase Matt and then chase him and chase him and chase him before he would allow her to kiss his face. Why? If it's so easy for men to tell when they are not wanted, why is it so hard for Raven to know? I just don't understand and I'd really like to understand because I'm sure it has something to do with her fake dying bullshit and her being completely out of touch with reality.

What the Hell is wrong with that woman? I mean ... aside from the obvious? What's wrong with her? Why can't she even buy a clue. Stupid Dumbass!

On 9/2/2017 at 2:20 PM, ghoulina said:

Wait, what? Jason  made a joke about raping Kevin's wife??? WTF? I guess he's not just a fairly harmless idiot after all. 

Very hard to admit this. But he really truly is just an idiot after all. As far as harmless goes? It's hard to tell. He is just such a fool that it's impossible to predict what the boy might do when placed into a stressful physical encounter. There is just no telling.

Edited by MissBluxom

I'd like to know how things are being edited this season, because many feed watchers really like Brett and Angela, and I think they both come across as self-important asshats.  So there has got to be something that's not translating to air. 

2 minutes ago, eskimo said:

I'd like to know how things are being edited this season, because many feed watchers really like Brett and Angela, and I think they both come across as self-important asshats.  So there has got to be something that's not translating to air. 

There's really nothing more going on with them. Accurate edit. So I'd say it's just a ymmv thing.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, eskimo said:

The edit is somewhat accurate. I think the appreciation of Angela comes from the fact that she's playing a very cold bitch game, where she isn't afraid to cut people and will do it somewhat publicly (and she got rid of Bayleigh and her weird allergy snorting nose thing, which headphone wearing feeds watchers appreciate like you wouldn't believe). Brett definitely has charm, a childish sense of humour (ANAL LICE), and is putting in a good hustle game-wise but yes, he can be an asshat at times as they all can be.

A lot of it - at least for me, as someone who was cheering on Angela's Ice Queen ways and Brett's... Brett-ness - has to do with the fact that last season really didn't have much game play that happened organically. Everything was very manufactured and directed by Paul and he sent his little barking minions to do his dirty work. Both Angela and Brett haven't been afraid to get dirty in the game and while some of it has delved into the personal attack realm, for the most part, it's been all game. I appreciate that.

It's a breath of fresh air after last season, lemme tell you. Almost everyone came to play this season, it shows, and it makes it a lot more fun. Also, I tend to cheer for villains and anti-heroes and I think Angela and Brett could fall into those categories respectively. 

• Love 7

So, interesting with how they edited the aftermath of the Hacker Comp tonight. I guess they're saving the whole "Haleigh heard Kaycee celebrating after winning" bit for Wednesday's episode. 

Otherwise, they really showed Sam's more crazy side. I wonder how casual watchers feel about Sam's edit tonight.

13 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, interesting with how they edited the aftermath of the Hacker Comp tonight. I guess they're saving the whole "Haleigh heard Kaycee celebrating after winning" bit for Wednesday's episode. 

I honestly didn't pay much attention to the camera shots during that comp until that panning shot from Kaycee's room to Haleigh's room. For some reason, I was under the impression (even after finding out about Haleigh hearing Kaycee celebrate) that they were all closed, separate rooms. Production might want to work on that for BB21 if they plan on another twist/comp like that.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I honestly didn't pay much attention to the camera shots during that comp until that panning shot from Kaycee's room to Haleigh's room. For some reason, I was under the impression (even after finding out about Haleigh hearing Kaycee celebrate) that they were all closed, separate rooms. Production might want to work on that for BB21 if they plan on another twist/comp like that.

They did it a lot in the last Hacker Comp as well, and it makes sense as the Hacker Comp has to take place in the backyard so they have to set it up in a way with a wall open for the cameras and that means everyone has to be beside each other. But they did plant the seed for Haleigh to reveal that she knew Kaycee won with the panning shot from Kaycee jumping up and down (with the sound effect of her costume) to Haleigh looking puzzled/curious, as if she might have heard something. 

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any other good way to do a comp like this again, unless it's later in the season with less people, so they can spread the houseguests out into different rooms. I love the concept though. I like when this show does the multiple room type comps. It's fun for me to watch. For example, the BB Terminal veto last season was so much fun. 

I am also impressed they managed to get some Jealous Fessy digs in with Brett, even with the forced showmance segment in the storage room.  

9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

For example, the BB Terminal veto last season was so much fun. 

What comp was that? I don't remember it since I've blocked last season from my mind (minus Paul losing lol).

Edited by peachmangosteen
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

What comp was that? I don't remember it since I've blocked last season from my mind (minus Paul losing lol).

Heh. It was the second veto competition, the one that got Cody backdoored and evicted the first time. It was a multiple rooms comp where, if you didn't answer questions correctly, you had to complete a challenge before moving on (for example, eating gross food):

IMG_0689.jpg?resize=570,320

AKA, the one where Ramses was told to throw it since him winning would mean no backdoor situation due to the third nominee stupidity, and he ended up getting second place. 

• Love 1

As amusing as the edit was last night, Haleigh and Faysal's convo in the storage room was a lot longer than that. And during it, she admitted that 1) she has feelings for him, and 2) she was jealous of the attention he gave Kaitlyn, which is part of why she's been alternately standoffish / cuddly / waffly. As the primary Fayleigh cheerleader on this board, I'm officially annoyed that the edit was Let's Laugh at Fessy instead of the actual picture. Harrumph.

2 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

As amusing as the edit was last night, Haleigh and Faysal's convo in the storage room was a lot longer than that. And during it, she admitted that 1) she has feelings for him, and 2) she was jealous of the attention he gave Kaitlyn, which is part of why she's been alternately standoffish / cuddly / waffly. As the primary Fayleigh cheerleader on this board, I'm officially annoyed that the edit was Let's Laugh at Fessy instead of the actual picture. Harrumph.

If it helps, I was also laughing at Haleigh smacking her head against the cupboards behind her because I've done that so. many. times. when sitting on counters that I never sit on counters anymore. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

If it helps, I was also laughing at Haleigh smacking her head against the cupboards behind her because I've done that so. many. times. when sitting on counters that I never sit on counters anymore. 

Haha, same! I worked retail for a decade, and had perma-bruises on both thighs at table height. #clutzesunite

• Love 1

So, tonight's episode could have definitely been edited better. Although the veto comp was better than I could have ever expected, I did think it was gonna be harder since Tyler was describing on the feeds how difficult the Last Two Evicted Before Jury question was going to be. I'm guessing that the OTEV voice was a bit harder to hear, or Tyler completely tuned out the last part of the question while his mind jumped straight into the first half. 

They also left some excellent moments out from the episode. Namely, the bathtub conversation with drunk Haleigh and Tyler, where she tried to get Tyler to use the veto on Rockstar. Actually, they completely cut out The Hive thinking that Tyler would use the veto on Rockstar. 

Not to mention they keep forgetting to show Trojan (Horse) Brett as he plays Undercover with The Hive.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

They also left some excellent moments out from the episode. Namely, the bathtub conversation with drunk Haleigh and Tyler, where she tried to get Tyler to use the veto on Rockstar. Actually, they completely cut out The Hive thinking that Tyler would use the veto on Rockstar. 

Not to mention they keep forgetting to show Trojan (Horse) Brett as he plays Undercover with The Hive.

Hee! I'm sad that the Windex blue leg hair bath didn't make the episode. 

Honestly, the edit is being waaay too kind to The Hive. And I say that as a fan of The Hive! They just keep bumbling through the game and are legitimately blindsided week after week but always think that they fixed it this time! Only to get blindsided again. And again. And again.

They truly are the Keystone Kops alliance of Big Brother.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Hee! I'm sad that the Windex blue leg hair bath didn't make the episode. 

Honestly, the edit is being waaay too kind to The Hive. And I say that as a fan of The Hive! They just keep bumbling through the game and are legitimately blindsided week after week but always think that they fixed it this time! Only to get blindsided again. And again. And again.

They truly are the Keystone Kops alliance of Big Brother.

And yeah I wish we could have seen Queen Hay's royal bathtub scene with Tyler.  Hay's tipsy with her HOH perk alcohol and Rockstar is on the side the whole time sounding like a real life echoing chamber after every comment Hay was making.  Tyler made no commitments to them even remotely.  He just listened politely and asked some "innocent, naive style" questions, then when he left those too idiots were convinced he was putty in their hands.  Yeah they really thought at that point Tyler was going to take Rockstar down from the block at the veto ceremony.

• Love 2

The Hive: "Tyler is such an innocent lamb! He has no friends in the house except for us! There are no "sides" to the house because the other side isn't aligned, nooo. And Brett's totally our friend, too! They'll do whatever we want because we're just That Awesome."

The Hive, every Veto meeting and eviction night: "Wait, how did that happen? WHO FLIPPED? It must have been one of us!"

• Love 8

I am so totally over the live audience laughing every time JC acts up on the show. They all seem to think he's cute and adorable and funny (even Julie!) but damn, he's one of the most annoying, vile people in that house. I haven't forgotten about the ice cream scooper or grabbing people's junk or him during the race conversation with Bayleigh - because of course they didn't show that bit we could hear over the house mics on the feeds (since they refused to actually show us the lounge when they were fighting) about how he didn't understand why he couldn't say the N word. 

But no, he's totes cute and adorable careening against the walls in the hallway leading to the DR and trying to crawl up the ramp. So funny!

Gag me. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I am so totally over the live audience laughing every time JC acts up on the show. They all seem to think he's cute and adorable and funny (even Julie!) but damn, he's one of the most annoying, vile people in that house. I haven't forgotten about the ice cream scooper or grabbing people's junk or him during the race conversation with Bayleigh - because of course they didn't show that bit we could hear over the house mics on the feeds (since they refused to actually show us the lounge when they were fighting) about how he didn't understand why he couldn't say the N word. 

But no, he's totes cute and adorable careening against the walls in the hallway leading to the DR and trying to crawl up the ramp. So funny!

Gag me. 

Yeah, if people think he's not in the running for AFP, they probably should be. He's 110% in the top 3 for AFP. The show has edited JC to be the funny guy, and he's had a presence in almost every episode without them showing his actual decent gameplay. Casuals seem to like the funny people, which is why James won AFP that one year. I'll eat my shoe if JC isn't in final 2 and doesn't get called as the top three.

Even with feeds people can exaggerate some things and ignore other things.  One thing I know is that HGs have so much time to think about stuff in there they go through just about every scenario you can imagine, sometimes stupid ones and sometimes absolutely right on the truth.  But it can move between the two all the time.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Porterest said:

Yes, about that veto. Did anyone get the 5k? Or was it forfeited because no one got it before Fessy won?

The latter.  Despite JC going after the 5K from the start he still couldn't get that tube filled before Fessy won the HOH (not veto).

I love all these DRs from Haleigh talking about how she didn't want Scottie on the block and how she would use the Veto on him if she won.

Meanwhile, from the feeds, we learned that the first night Fessy was HoH, JC got in Haleigh's ear about Scottie being "shady", she didn't believe (and probably still doesn't) that Scottie was the one Rockstar vote, and after Haleigh and JC polished off Fessy's bottle of HoH wine together (Fessy doesn't drink), she helped steer the bus over Scottie for a good two hours.

Then she sobered up and kinda started to think twice. Not that it mattered because Fuck You, Fessy is playing with his dick instead of his brain and anyone that he deemed a threat to Haleigh+Fessy=4EVA!!!1 was going on the block, aka Brett and Scottie.

Whatever, Show.

• Love 5

I wonder if they're saving the Scottie/Haleigh talk about how he was just trying to save her game by distancing himself from her with the talk about putting her up.  I keep up with the feeds, but the show really made it look like he was doubting her/trying to get her up.  I thought he also made a pretty forceful pitch for Sam to go up, but I guess that will also play out with the veto meeting even though he was working that much earlier in the week.

I know they were editing for time and we got the point with Sam's pitch to Fessy, but they sure left out her whole proposal to quit smoking and using Fessy's mom to guilt him into putting up Hay during that segment.

One more thing - A big deal was made in the house that it was Scottie who threw Sam's stuff all over during the comp, (likely because he was the one who found Tyler's veto) but it looked like he found it while going through stuff that was already dispersed throughout the room.  I though I saw Fessy tear through her stuff first, he just didn't find the card.

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 4

All I see is the editors trying desperately to show one FOUTTE/Hive member in a positive light that isn't just pure stupidity. They've definitely been working Haleigh in a positive light since their attempt with Bayleigh failed spectacularly. 

I'm glad they showed Brett's fall, but they definitely seemed to show the order of people going in to the house out of order. From what Brett seemed to say on the feeds, he made it clear that Scottie poured the milk on the ground during the first round and that Fessy was first in the second round, as Brett was insistent that Fessy had done the milk thing since it was still fresh when he slipped on it, as he went after Fessy. 

I guess they really don't have much material for tomorrow's episode if they left the veto ceremony for tomorrow's episode. I also suspect we're getting another family segment for someone with them really making it seem like they don't have enough material. 

They could have shown more of Sam's meltdown after the Hide and Go Veto, because it was pretty epic to watch her walking around the house, as if in mourning. I also believe she was wearing Brett's hat in that DR segment where she was freaking out about those spoiled bitches wasting food. Again, they haven't shown the Brett/Sam stuff, have they? I missed Sunday's episode but don't think they showed Sam's obsession with Brett. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

They could have shown more of Sam's meltdown after the Hide and Go Veto, because it was pretty epic to watch her walking around the house, as if in mourning. I also believe she was wearing Brett's hat in that DR segment where she was freaking out about those spoiled bitches wasting food. Again, they haven't shown the Brett/Sam stuff, have they? I missed Sunday's episode but don't think they showed Sam's obsession with Brett. 

She was mourning. For the dreamcatcher that she made that got smashed and the cricket she was keeping (!) in her closet (!!) that could be running around the house right now (!!!) but was more likely smashed in Brett's mattress mountain or by Fuck you, Fessy's big feet.

And no, they haven't shown any of the Brett/Sam stuff yet.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

I'm also a bit annoyed that they didn't show Fessy "mopping the floor." 

The husband got an earful from me as I was describing Fessy's half hour shower and his rest in the HoH bed before he graced the cleaning peasants with his presence downstairs and provided to do fuck-all to help despite being the one to throw granulated sugar on top of liquid, you fucking moron. Other than his limp-wristed bad mop technique that Haleigh had to teach him because Fuck you, Fessy has never touched a mop in his life.

Yup, still heated about it.

They also didn't show Scottie pouring milk over JC's clothes. It makes me wonder if he did or if it was just milk from the bottom of everyone's shoes as they trampled over all the clothes and shit on the floor of the blue and pink bedrooms.

• Love 2