Type keyword(s) to search

Episode v. Feeds: To Tell the Truth

Kromm
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Drogo said:

He's a Marine (+1000), he was the only one to not kiss Paul's ass (+100), and he's playing according to his own plan.  

He's a transphobic asshole. (-10000000)  I do love that the editors have picked up on the fact that he's an emotionless robot and are playing it up in the editing. His crush on Alex amuses me. (Wait...can a robot have a crush?) It's as if the idea of liking a woman who is more than just a pair of boobs is a foreign concept to him and it's making his circuits overload.

The Veto ceremony was glorious! Cody had the Manson lamps on full blast after the POP was revealed. I can't wait to watch the fallout on tonight's episode. I can't believe it's only been a week, I feel like we've been watching these idiots forever. 

Ah, this is where my post went. Whoops! Sorry, should I have posted it in this thread? (I don't watch the feeds but was commenting on something that was in the media. I thought that was ok since people were discussing Megan's PTSD & sexual assault in that episode's thread even though there was no mention of either on the broadcast.) Big Brother is so tricky that way...sorry again! 

5 hours ago, Drogo said:

I must have missed something.  Was this last night's episode?

It was on the feeds.  He said why should I care about what they think, or I don't care what they think, in reference to a transgender person.  He spit the words out in disgust.  

Can we ask questions to the feed watchers here? I was just curious because I noticed a few people calling Jason an '"asshole" or "scumbag" in the episode threads, and I was wondering why? Was it due to something seen on the feeds that we're not seeing on the show? I did miss Sunday's episode, but other than that, he's just come across as a likeable doofus, to me. 

Other than helping Christmas break her foot, I can't think of anything that would bring "asshole" or "scumbag" to mind. Jason is just kind of there. 

It wasn't Josh that they were talking about?

(edited)
19 hours ago, wings707 said:

It was on the feeds.  He said why should I care about what they think, or I don't care what they think, in reference to a transgender person.  He spit the words out in disgust.  

1 hour ago, Suzysite said:

I'm no Cody fan,  but why does he have to care what anyone else thinks?   I sure don't.

What made it transphobia was that he said transgender people have a mental illness.

Edited by Blissfool

Here is the clip where Cody spoke about transgender people, taken directly from the feeds, to avoid misquoting anyone in the situation. NSFW, NSFK. Unless either your work or kids are used to the f-bomb being regularly dropped.

9 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

What made it transphobia was that he said transgender people have a mental illness.

That is even worse!  I missed that part.  Jesus.  

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Other than helping Christmas break her foot, I can't think of anything that would bring "asshole" or "scumbag" to mind. Jason is just kind of there. 

It wasn't Josh that they were talking about?

From the recent episode thread:

Jason - scumbag moron

I swear there was one other one, but I couldn't find it. Might have been Wednesday's episode? 

Ah. That might have something to do with him being married with kids at home and giving horseback rides to single, hot women in the Big Brother house. That's about the only thing that comes to mind.

52 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Ah. That might have something to do with him being married with kids at home and giving horseback rides to single, hot women in the Big Brother house. That's about the only thing that comes to mind.

Call me crazy, but I never particularly thought of Paul as a single, hot woman.

Yeah, yeah, I know that's not who you were talking about - but it goes to the point that as far as Jason is concerned the piggyback rides are not a sex thing, or a flirt thing even.  They're a joking-around thing.  

Or HORSING around, if you prefer....  :>

On 7/8/2017 at 11:11 AM, peachmangosteen said:

It is unclear at this time why Jason got one instead of Ramses.

Perhaps because Ramses was already in the middle of a curse?

On 7/8/2017 at 11:11 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Veto players are Paul, Cody, Jessica, Ramses, Elena, and Matt.

Do we know why Christmas didn't take out Cody from the POV?  Must she wait until the actual start to bring it up?

14 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Perhaps because Ramses was already in the middle of a curse?

Do we know why Christmas didn't take out Cody from the POV?  Must she wait until the actual start to bring it up?

Cody and Jessica didn't play in POV. Alex and Josh were the other two players.

9 hours ago, Sara2009 said:

Cody and Jessica didn't play in POV. Alex and Josh were the other two players.

...which means, I assume, that Christmas did not have to reveal her Ring of Redemption?  I'm of mixed feelings about that.  Part of me really really wants Cody and Jessica to know Christmas put them in those ridiculous frog costumes - especially Cody, and especially when he has to hop his toady ass out the door for his Chenterview.

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Part of me really really wants Cody and Jessica to know Christmas put them in those ridiculous frog costumes

They do know, so does Jason. They've known for days.

12 minutes ago, Artsda said:

They do know, so does Jason. They've known for days.

Definitively?  I know the VToad Three were bouncing Christmas' name around a couple of days ago, but hers wasn't the only one - they were scattershotting different names worse than a no-choke shotgun.

(edited)

I haven't heard anything about them knowing for sure. I mean I am pretty sure Christmas wouldn't tell them. As far as I know the only person who knows for sure becasue they were told by Christmas is Paul. But I think many, and maybe all, of them 'know' it's Christmas.

Edited by peachmangosteen
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I haven't heard anything about them knowing for sure. I mean I am pretty sure Christmas wouldn't tell them. As far as I know the only person who knows for sure becasue they were told by Christmas is Paul. But I think many, and maybe all, of them 'know' it's Christmas.

Yep!  The exact same way they 'know' Kevin didn't flip his vote, and Ramses did.  :D

Question: why does everyone hug each other after these meetings?

I wish Ramses won POV just to foil Paul's plans. Oh well.  Huh, after seeing them wear toad costumes for a few days it's interesting to see the temptation. Good guess on Jessica's part to guess that Christmas won the temptation. Jessica's doll is really ugly.  Oh, that's what those green circles on the floors are for.  Well, they don't hop around like that anymore.  Oh, now I see why people think Ramses is sketchy and now Kevin is Paul's special agent.

Kevin asks Ramses: "Do you think I'm old looking?" Ha!

I can't help wondering if Matt and Elena's chips were the only ones in the POV competition box.  Oh, it's a timed competition.

Shut up, Paul, quit bossing Ramses around. Ramses is not your minion whose sole purpose is to serve you. I don't like this ganging up on Ramses. 

This looks like an interesting competition. The announcer lady has a bad English accent. Wow, just thinking - Paul won this competition. The others must be super super slow!. OK, here's the dunk tank I heard about. And the airplane one was the gross food. Gosh the water in the dunk tank has that toilet bowl blue color. They didn't take that long - it looked a lot longer watching. Josh you were not a Flying Ninja, that's why Ramses beat you.

Poor Ramses, he tried to throw it and ended up doing well. Well jeez, Paul, someone had to come in second place! Why not Ramses?

Those poor star-crossed lovers. Their doomed romance is the stuff of tragedy, especially when wearing toad costumes.

Paul is such a creep. There was a 3 minute difference in the times. And Josh was only 3 or 4 seconds behind Ramses. Why isn't Paul mad at him? Ramses is getting such a raw deal. Oh, Josh, shut up!!  I like Cody's reply: 'You need to change your diaper first." And Paul rewards Josh's icky speech. On the other hand, Josh's speech and being vetoed makes him a target.

Now for the hugfest..

Now is Raven pretending she's Ophelia when she stands behind the fish tank??

So, I'm noticing a lot of people seeing Christmas being smug from the last episode, which is fair, but not all the information has been given to make a better informed decision as to why Christmas was enjoying Cody's downfall. I mean, besides him putting her up and trying to get her out, there's a little more to it than that. I wish they had given a little more screen time to Christmas' injury. They only slowed a little of what happened, but Jessica/Cody didn't care much at all when she got injured. In fact, Cody ended up whispering into Christmas' ear when he carried her to DR when she got injured that "[he] could see the bone sticking out from her ankle". Also the fact that neither Cody/Jessica have been seeing how she's been doing after her injury. So I think that gives her plenty of reason to be smug at Cody's downfall...especially when Jessica was smug when Ramses almost won veto. 

I guess I see Christmas as more confident and maybe a little cocky, but I find that guys usually are seen as confident when they're winning against an enemy, such as Christmas vs Cody. So it's why I'm not one to just roll my eyes when someone like her is enjoying a little karma. It only depends if she starts bullying others that'll give me a problem. As long as she's not being vindictive toward someone else for no reason, bullying them, or calling them awful names behind their back. 

I mean, she was almost sent home week 1 because of Cody and both him and Jessica have been treating her badly ever since, so why shouldn't she be happy that Cody's HOH reign quickly disappeared? 

Holy cow.  The feed watchers have mentioned how Raven wears paler makeup on her face than her actual skin tone, perhaps in an attempt to garner sympathy for her dire medical condition (which they still haven't mentioned on the broadcast show, which cracks me the hell up).  Last night was the first time I noticed it, and after I noticed it, I couldn't keep my eyes off of it.  It is like a death mask, it is sooooo obvious!

I don't fault Christmas for celebrating Jody's downfall, but I've never warmed up to her either.  I guess you could say I haven't drank the egg nog. ;-)  Much like her compatriot Paul, (and to a degree Dominique) she can't seem to talk to people without seeming like she's trying to educate them, or else correct their flaws.  This tends to create the assumption that she is better, smarter and more aware than they are.  Sometimes that may be the case, but combined with her uber competitiveness and her aggressive self confidence, overall I find her too arrogant for my taste.  I know that lots of successful people (both in life and in the game) lean toward arrogance, but I prefer a little more self deprecation and humility.  Different strokes I guess :)

3 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Holy cow.  The feed watchers have mentioned how Raven wears paler makeup on her face than her actual skin tone, perhaps in an attempt to garner sympathy for her dire medical condition (which they still haven't mentioned on the broadcast show, which cracks me the hell up).  Last night was the first time I noticed it, and after I noticed it, I couldn't keep my eyes off of it.  It is like a death mask, it is sooooo obvious!

Last night, in my mind I kept calling Raven KabukiGirl.  All she needs is a cape.

Julie's dress is pretty. So there will be a Battle Back! Alex with that big smile! Target's off her back.

Raven's make-up is so white. Maybe she looks sour because Christmas is more pathetic than her right now. Ooo claws out! Christmas and Jessica. Come on, Christmas, it's not like Jessica killed your child or ran off with your husband.

If Christmas can't be there to vote, she really should be out of the game.  Richard Skupin and Caleb didn't get to vote at tribal from the hospital in Survivor.

(edited)

I cannot stop laughing at the fact that neither Raven's horrific struggle with disease NOR even her recent foot injury (with painful STITCHES!!) has made it into the show. Man, I'm evil.

Edited by Dewey Decimate
(edited)
2 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

I cannot stop laughing at the fact that neither Raven's horrific struggle with disease NOR even her recent foot injury (with painful STITCHES!!) has made it into the show. Man, I'm evil.

She sure hopped into that Diary Room to vote with ease. But she has to be carted around like an Egyptian princess when there's no live show? Nice try, sweetheart. 

Edited by Callaphera

Props to the editors for managing to contain Raven's Special Segment to a short "bathroom break" length piece. At least we got that over and done with.

Until I realized that we still have to live through Southern Barbie - Pose-able Edition (Now with Terminal Disease! and matching purse) and her dramatic fall down the stairs and near amputation of her toe.  

So, I'm a little disappointed with the Mark vs Josh edit in last night's episode. I think they made Josh look worse than Mark, which is fair because Josh is a huge manchild and overreacts so he's definitely not in the right. But Mark was NOT as cool as they made him appear to be. Mark was a huge dick toward Josh, just like Josh was to Mark. They edited it to make it seem like Mark was joking around, but watching the fight on the feeds, Mark was just as peeved toward Josh. I'm also a bit disappointed that they didn't do a quick montage of Mark and Josh fighting over pillows and other stupid, minuscule issues before this fight erupted (I didn't watch Wednesday's episode so I don't know if they included anything in there; I doubt it). This hot sauce/pickle juice fight was just the eruption of an already ongoing battle.

Josh was in the wrong, absolutely. But Mark was 100% in the wrong too and I'm not pleased that they didn't show Mark's uglier side. 

Yes, except for throwing the pickle juice, the show made Mark look more or less like one of the bemused bystanders, watching Josh's eruption and lava flow of stupid.  I even questioned the whole accusation of "hot sauce to the eyes," since Josh didn't seem to have any residual eye stinging or redness.  Interesting that Mark got such a generous edit.

And I can't believe production chose to downplay SUTURES.  Especially to the designated waif!

Thanks, feedsters.

12 hours ago, candall said:

And I can't believe production chose to downplay SUTURES.  Especially to the designated waif!

I kinda wanna send an Edible Arrangement to Big Brother for saving us from the dramatic fall and blood everywhere!!!1 and the three, no four, no wait now it's five stitches she got between her toes that she didn't get a numbing shot for (but her foot was numb from the shock but she screamed sooo loud!!!1). However, it does mean that we miss that awesome shot of her with her mascara dried in rivers on her cheeks as she bravely recounts her harrowing near amputation when she comes out of the DR. 

1 hour ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Did they show the Josh/Mark pots & pans fight with Mark in a tutu tonight?  I haven't watched the episode.  Thanks.

No, and I for one am ROYALLY pissed off at Production for the omission.

5 hours ago, Nashville said:

No, and I for one am ROYALLY pissed off at Production for the omission.

Well, seeing as it happened after nominations, I assume it'll be shown on Wednesday's episode. They're going to want to show the whole fight from Paul vs Cody to Mark vs Josh. 

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, seeing as it happened after nominations, I assume it'll be shown on Wednesday's episode. They're going to want to show the whole fight from Paul vs Cody to Mark vs Josh. 

Was it after noms, or immediately after the Temptation Competition?  Like you, my original thought was also of the Josh/Mark confrontation occurring shortly after noms.  I do recall Mark still being in full comp attire - including tutu - when he snapped on Josh, however, which made me think I was mistaken and the blow-up occurred immediately following the comp.

13 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Was it after noms, or immediately after the Temptation Competition?  Like you, my original thought was also of the Josh/Mark confrontation occurring shortly after noms.  I do recall Mark still being in full comp attire - including tutu - when he snapped on Josh, however, which made me think I was mistaken and the blow-up occurred immediately following the comp.

It was directly after noms, since noms happened very shortly after the temptation comp. I remember because Jess/Cody were pissed that they were put up on the block. They went upstairs to confront Paul and that's when the whole thing escalated. Josh's actions were a direct result of watching Paul yelling at Cody after he walked away from their fight, which led Josh to yell at Mark and bully him until the pots and pans thing happened.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

It was directly after noms, since noms happened very shortly after the temptation comp. I remember because Jess/Cody were pissed that they were put up on the block. They went upstairs to confront Paul and that's when the whole thing escalated. Josh's actions were a direct result of watching Paul yelling at Cody after he walked away from their fight, which led Josh to yell at Mark and bully him until the pots and pans thing happened.

You're right.  I knew Cody had blown up bigger'n shit on Paul post-noms, but had forgotten Josh's ire was sparked by some apparently half-assed attempt by Mark to rationalize Cody's blowup. The tutu threw me off - and I doubt that's the first time a guy has ever said that.  :>

So there's still hope it'll show up on Wednesday's episode - which is a good thing!  </marthastewart>

Edited by Nashville
Tutu! Tutu!
Just now, Nashville said:

You're right.  I knew Cody had blown up bigger'n shit on Paul post-noms, but had forgotten Josh's ire was sparked by some apparently half-assed attempt by Mark to rationalize Cody's blowup. 

So there's still hope it'll show up on Wednesday's episode - which is a good thing!  </marthastewart>

It most definitely will show up on Wednesday's episode. It was the most entertaining part of that whole thing. They have to explain a lot about what happened in that aftermath, and the pots and pans were a huge part of it. Plus, it'll show Josh's immature side once more and they'll play up the poor Mark angle, which I do think they have been a little bit, like with the hot sauce fight. I didn't watch last night's episode, but I hope they show the audience about Josh telling Mark directly that he wasn't going to stop tormenting him. That'll really solidify Josh's villain/antagonist storyline that they seem to be pushing (and Josh falling into every time). 

23 minutes ago, Nashville said:

You're right.  I knew Cody had blown up bigger'n shit on Paul post-noms, but had forgotten Josh's ire was sparked by some apparently half-assed attempt by Mark to rationalize Cody's blowup. The tutu threw me off - and I doubt that's the first time a guy has ever said that.  :>

Its all on you tube, and they don't bleep anything out! Paul runs down after he and Cody yell, to explain/whine to his minions.