Type keyword(s) to search

Episode v. Feeds: To Tell the Truth

Kromm
  • Start Topic

What I want to know is when and why Becky decided she wanted to be on team James/Meg/Jackie. Only a week ago she was running to Shelli and Clay to warn them James was putting them up. What changed?

What I want to know is when and why Becky decided she wanted to be on team James/Meg/Jackie. Only a week ago she was running to Shelli and Clay to warn them James was putting them up. What changed?

Clamshell's team got cut by one (Clay), so Becky decided they were the losing side.

Plus - I have the impression Clay was Becky's closest tie to 6S, so his departure weakened Becky's connection to that side of the House.

Vanessa mistakenly sprayed her hair with disinfectant. Which houseguest put the disinfectant on the bathroom counter?  Was it a prank or just an accident? 

Lots of the disinfectant was sprayed into her hair.  After Vanessa discovered it was disinfectant she just stood there until the end of that scene.  Did she then immediately wash those chemicals out of her hair?

I'm still waiting to hear about this, too. I watch the feeds, but I still don't get it lol! kellog010 could you give us the reason why Steve gave that creepy DR speech?

No one knows. The suspicion is that something happened before the feeds came on, but it's also possible that they just have a personality conflict and it's been exacerbated by little things as time has gone on. Steve did overhear Jason say "The cameras give us more privacy than [steve] does" and Becky agree, but that can't be the whole reason. Steve also may be playing it up for the DR, and it's possible he's doing this act about all sorts of situations and people and they're only showing us what's relevant and plays into the narrative. They DR for several hours each week and we see at most five minutes of it.

As for the disinfectant: they have cleaning supplies, and I'm guessing they use the disinfectant pretty regularly in a bathroom that is shared by so many people, and may even use it as a quick air freshener, so it's not that weird that it might be sitting out. As for aerosol hairspray? I don't use hairspray often, but every time I get my hair done for weddings or whatnot, the stylist always uses the aerosol kind, probably because it works. Them using it to be tv-ready doesn't surprise me at all. What does surprise me is that Vanessa felt she needed it right that moment, and needed it so urgently that she didn't realize what she was doing.

• Love 4

This show has spent so much time on Clelli and on Shelli's tears they never bothered to tell us exactly when Becky decided she didn't want to work with Clelli anymore. Just a week ago she went running to Clay and Shelli the second she found out he planned to nominate one or both of them. Now all of a sudden she decides she's on team James/Meg/Jackie. WTF happened? The show just has a narrative they're determined to follow and clearly Becky wasn't part of their plan. They were probably hoping Shelli or another "sixth sense" alliance member would win this HoH and keep the Shelli/James feud going. So they didn't really have anything prepared for this episode besides more Clelli.

Oh, well, let me tell you, I was disgusted with the omission of that, too.  But on the feeds, Becky had a talk with John about how she wanted to throw in with James, Meg, and Jackie entirely because of how she'd been treated as an "ally" of Clay and Shelli.  She'd been playing the middle, but it was not good for her game anymore, especially with the jury phase drawing near.  She went on to give many examples of how many times she'd funneled info to Clay and Shelli, but they'd never returned the favor.  She realized that she'd been used by them, and that they'd proven to be very self-involved players who were only in it for themselves and each other, not really their allies.  Meanwhile, she'd been given info by James, Meg, and Jackie while she also brought info to them.  They reciprocated her information-sharing more than Clay and Shelli had, so she trusted them way more.

John then agreed with her sentiments, pointing out to Becky the times Clay and Shelli had him volunteer to go up on the block as a pawn.  He even brought up the time they'd tried to get him not to use the first Veto he'd won.  He realized that as much as he liked them (especially Clay), they were far more loyal to each other than they'd ever be to him.  So he agreed to jump ship to James, Meg, and Jackie, as well.  In his case, he's more loosely joined up with them, while Becky's much tighter.

So that's how John and Becky finally gave up on Clay and Shelli.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 16

What I want to know is who still uses aerosol hair spray? Is her regular product in an aerosol can?

Aerosol hair spray no longer contains ozone depleting CFCs, because they are now illegal in the US.  I haven't seen a non-aerosol hair spray in years.

• Love 2

To add on to what DonnyK said, Becky was pretty pissed about the Jason eviction. She hid it well but she did not appreciate Vanessa going back on the deal to evict Austin after Becky was on the block, and she knew Shelli and Clay were a big part of that decision. She played the middle for a while (her "rat" days), and it was her rat-dom that put her in a position to realize Vanessa was working with everyone in the house.

I don't think Becky ever really turned on Clelli, and I think she'd be willing to work with Shelli going forward. It's really Vanessa that Becky turned on. I think that's why we saw (on Sunday's episode) Becky telling Shelli the real plan- Becky is ready to drop Vanessa but not Shelli.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 5

Vanessa mistakenly sprayed her hair with disinfectant. Which houseguest put the disinfectant on the bathroom counter?  Was it a prank or just an accident? 

Lots of the disinfectant was sprayed into her hair.  After Vanessa discovered it was disinfectant she just stood there until the end of that scene.  Did she then immediately wash those chemicals out of her hair?

Someone left the disinfectant out, I noticed the bottle actually had "return to storage room" taped on it. Clay might've been using it to clean the clippers BB lent him earlier in the day, I'm not sure. And NO, she simply sprayed her hair with actual hairspray right afterwards!

• Love 2
Aerosol hair spray no longer contains ozone depleting CFCs, because they are now illegal in the US.  I haven't seen a non-aerosol hair spray in years.

I was going to say, aerosol is all I've ever used and all I've ever seen used. 

Thanks everyone for the insight on Becky's plans and motivations. Things make a lot more sense, and I do think she is playing wisely. 

• Love 3

Thanks for the explanation Donny Ketchum and Turtle. The editing on these shows is always crap but with Becky's HoH win it was especially egregious to gloss over her decision to side with the people who weren't Sixth Sense. 

Another thing that didn't make sense (to me) was how Becky kept using the "big fight" we saw in the flashback as an excuse to either nominate Shelly or Vanessa. During her nomination speech she said some things came out during that fight she couldn't let go of, but I didn't see anything in that fight that could have been used as an excuse to nominate Shelli. Vanessa maybe, but not Shelli. If that fight did anything it was maybe expose the fact that Vanessa was in an alliance with Clay and Shelli since she kept ranting about having had Clay's back throughout the entire game. But that seems like an excuse to nominate Vanessa not Shelli.

Hey, feeders, just a reminder that anything that happened after the veto ceremony shouldn't be posted here, such as how Vanessa handled the nomination. We can save all that for after the double eviction episode tomorrow!

A couple of comments about tonight's episode:

I am so glad that they talked about Austin smelling. Liz and Julia have mentioned it a few times, and he absolutely does not shower as often as he said. He definitely doesn't wash his hair very often.

I was so surprised by Liz's DR session. I suspected she liked Austin but then she kept telling everyone, on the episodes and on the feeds, that she's just using him and I believed her. And then tonight?? Must be Stockholm syndrome.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 1

The germ killer in that spray is the same thing they pour down their gullets regularly-- alcohol.  I wouldn't have washed my hair, either.  It's about as dangerous as using anti-bac gel on your hands, I would think.  

Pulled this over from the last episode thread:

Most of those comics were inspired.  A couple of them not so nice, Austin (I kinda felt sorry even if it was deserved; don't go on a 24 hour live feed and not shower everyday)

Hell, it's okay, I guess, to not shower every day, Austin's problem is that he never uses soap or shampoo!  Come on!

• Love 1

OK, my pet peeve of the night. The reason Vanessa is still in the house is because James sat up in the Have not room with Jackie and Meg the night of the POV meeting and came to the conclusion that they needed to boot Shelli. The woman HE wanted booted last week. The woman who decided he had stolen a shirt of a Clays, and rooted in his stuff to steal it back.

That pissed him off, he already didn't like Shelli, and he knew that Shelli would go after him (with a side of Jackie and Meg), while Vanessa would go after Becky, which he was fine with. Those three came to a pretty firm decision to boot Shelli before Vanessa managed to crawl out of bed, where she had spent the entire day bawling, and blaming her alliance for ignoring her.

• Love 5

Exactly, pennbenn! Lots of us don't wash our hair every day, especially if we have textured hair- but we don't let it get stinky dirty!

That might be the strangest DE I have ever watched. Steve seems to have picked noms out of the air (or to be less charitable his ass) and John was to afraid to veto because he had no clue who Steve would replace a nom with, despite the fact they seem to have conferred during the break. Either that or those two odd ducks have been working together since day one. If not....why not James - the more than completely, definite, positively, absolutely, indisputably clear leader of the ADC?

Other feed watchers , please correct me if I'm wrong, but these were not the Steve noms I was expecting, nor the veto choice from John that I was expecting. Given Jackie's "something was misunderstood" speech, I think something happened this afternoon while feeds were blocked that influenced some of this. It was all so unanticipated.

• Love 1

Other feed watchers , please correct me if I'm wrong, but these were not the Steve noms I was expecting, nor the veto choice from John that I was expecting. Given Jackie's "something was misunderstood" speech, I think something happened this afternoon while feeds were blocked that influenced some of this. It was all so unanticipated.

It was completely out of left field - and the feeds were blocked more than usual for an eviction day. I assumed it was because of extra comp rehearsals, etc. Frankly, I think it was just Steve's "outthereness" - the hamsters are all shocked, even the S6 remnants. Everyone thought either James, Austin or Becky would be going, depending on the HOH outcome.

Edited by SteveAC10

OK, my pet peeve of the night. The reason Vanessa is still in the house is because James sat up in the Have not room with Jackie and Meg the night of the POV meeting and came to the conclusion that they needed to boot Shelli. The woman HE wanted booted last week. The woman who decided he had stolen a shirt of a Clays, and rooted in his stuff to steal it back.

That pissed him off, he already didn't like Shelli, and he knew that Shelli would go after him (with a side of Jackie and Meg), while Vanessa would go after Becky, which he was fine with. Those three came to a pretty firm decision to boot Shelli before Vanessa managed to crawl out of bed, where she had spent the entire day bawling, and blaming her alliance for ignoring her.

Yup.  I don't appreciate Vanessa getting a mastermind edit when in reality she has been only slightly less idiotic than Shelli this week.

• Love 4

The house guests ought to known it was going to be a double eviction before Julie's live on-air announcement, right? Video loops to study plus a backyard elaborate set-up means multiple competitions.

• Love 1

Thank you for this. 

Can I ask, was Becky aware that people were switching to Shelli over Vanessa? Neither she, nor Shelli, looked all that surprised. 

Yes, Becky was aware of it, as was Shelli; Shelli started getting the bad vibe first. Becky argued against the target switch to the ADC for awhile, then accepted that it was going to happen. Shelli could barely be trifled to campaign to stay, and when she did, she was absolutely awful at it (essentially refusing to flat out say she wouldn't go after James).

• Love 3

I don't find Steve's noms that surprising. He was obviously trying to bd Becky. He didn't put up Austwins/Vanessa because he's scared of Vanessa. I assume he told John not to use veto because it would've been really bad for him if John had used it and then Steve bded Becky. Steve's stupid, but not that stupid. Once John won veto Steve had to just accept that Jackie would go. Now the smart thing to do would have been to put up 2 people you actually want gone and have a 3rd person you want gone in mind, but these people seem to think you can't actually nom your target until after veto.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

So I guess Steve was hoping Meg or Jackie would win the veto so he'd be forced to nominate another player, i.e. Becky.  And I presume he didn't nominate Becky to begin with because she's pretty good in comps and he feared she'd win the veto.

Wait, I don't understand.  If Steve wanted to back-door becky, why wouldn't he tell John to use the veto so he can do JUST THAT? Is it because John is aligned with Becky so he didn't want to piss John off?  If so, why do we never see John in any of the James, Meg, Jackie, Becky meetings?

I think a huge part of the disconnect wrt Steve's nominations between live-feeders and regular viewers is that up until now, the show has done a terrible job of showing Steve and where his loyalties lie. He's always been with Vanessa first and foremost. But, as far as I can remember, the show has failed at showing it, and they've failed at showing that Steve has also been aligned with Vanessa, Austin, and the twins since very early in the game, so none of them were going to be nomination options. Nor was John, who is also a separate ally of Steve's. Steve has just been such a non-entity on the show. But, I wasn't shocked at all at Steve's nominations. I think he intended to backdoor Becky, but that blew up when John won veto, and Steve knows how close John and Becky are. 

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 2

I think a huge part of the disconnect wrt Steve's nominations between live-feeders and regular viewers is that up until now, the show has done a terrible job of showing Steve and where his loyalties lie. He's always been with Vanessa first and foremost. But, as far as I can remember, the show has failed at showing it, and they've failed at showing that Steve has also been aligned with Vanessa, Austin, and the twins since very early in the game, so none of them were going to be nomination options. Nor was John, who is also a separate ally of Steve's. Steve has just been such a non-entity on the show. But, I wasn't shocked at all at Steve's nominations. I think he intended to backdoor Becky, but that blew up when John won veto, and Steve knows how close John and Becky are. 

Getouttatown! 

You mean Steve has had all that going on all this time???  I was under the impression he was a total outsider from Day One, the goat unworthy of anyone's attention except to kick out of rooms when others wanted privacy. (Hey, I spent a month at camp once where it was like my name was picked from the hat as the designated invisible girl and it's very demoralizing.  I've been rooting for the little dweeb.)

So I guess he gets just a sliver of wiggle room for fancying himself an under the radar BB mastermind.  : )

• Love 3

I don't find Steve's noms that surprising. He was obviously trying to bd Becky. He didn't put up Austwins/Vanessa because he's scared of Vanessa. I assume he told John not to use veto because it would've been really bad for him if John had used it and then Steve bded Becky. Steve's stupid, but not that stupid. Once John won veto Steve had to just accept that Jackie would go. Now the smart thing to do would have been to put up 2 people you actually want gone and have a 3rd person you want gone in mind, but these people seem to think you can't actually nom your target until after veto.

This was my second immediate impression as well - the first being Steve did a piss-poor job of hiding the fact he was trying to throw the HoH comp. :)

As a BD-Becky plan, Steve's picks were very good; between Becky/Jackie or Becky/Meg, Becky would always go to JH. I was actually pretty happy for Steve when they showed the PoV picks, because Becky's picture wasn't shown; that removed his worst-case scenario of Becky winning PoV, taking Jackie off the block, and forcing Steve to bloody it up with another nom (probably James) - ending up with an undesired eviction and three POed women gunning for him in the House. I was still concerned about the presence of JMac's pic, however as Nitro is the only HG with strong ties to Becky (ADC will call BB an ally as long as she's useful - but the moment the ADC lifeboat springs a leak, Becky's the first over the side).

Unfortunately for Steve, his second-worst scenario - JMac winning PoV - came to fruition. Steve could still ask JMac to use it, but JMac will want to know who the replacement nom will be:

• If that rnom is Becky and Steve tells JMac so, JMac will be REALLY upset - quite possibly to the point of fracturing JMac's and Steve's game relationship.
  • If that rnom is Becky and Steve lies to JMac (ex. says it's Vanessa, then switches), the fallout with JMac will be several orders of magnitude greater, and the relationship fracture a certainty.
  • Any rnom other than Becky will immediately alienate half of the House - which half, of course, depending on who's nom'ed.
Better to let the noms stand as is, and minimize the damage.

Nope, Steve really REALLY didn't want to win this HoH; unfortunately for Steve, however, everybody else's straight game stunk worse than his throw.

I wonder, though, if this got Steve any credit in his bank with Becky...?

I think a Becky/JMac/ Steve alliance could have real possibility - assuming Steve could pull his head out of V's ass long enough to take a look around and objectively appraise the landscape.

• Love 2

I think a Becky/JMac/ Steve alliance could have real possibility - assuming Steve could pull his head out of V's ass long enough to take a look around and objectively appraise the landscape.

Thanks for explaining the merit in Steve's eviction picks.

Your Becky/JMac/Steve idea is excellent--those three could link arms and mow down Vanessa and the Meg/James duo.  But don't you have to win some competitions before you're in position to launch the big moves?  [Actual question.]

The twins are splinter-proof and they're not going to turn on their big smelly sheepdog, either.  Shouldn't someone be doing something about that?

• Love 2

So what does ADC stand for?

ADC = After Dark Crew. Originally Da'Vonne, James, Jason, Meg, Jackie (was she an original member, or did she come in a little later?) - with Jeff flitting around the edges, and Becky wandering in and out depending on who's HoH. Jason was one of the only smokers in the House, and he was primarily an evening smoker - so come evening time, Jason and his bunch were generally camped out on the BY couches and holding forth on whatever conversation topics came to mind. Someone joked about how the BBAD (Big Brother After Dark) viewers were always seeing the same people on the outside furniture every night - and so was the After Dark Crew born. :)

• Love 1

Wait, I don't understand.  If Steve wanted to back-door becky, why wouldn't he tell John to use the veto so he can do JUST THAT? Is it because John is aligned with Becky so he didn't want to piss John off?  If so, why do we never see John in any of the James, Meg, Jackie, Becky meetings?

John and Becky are close, but try to hide it. John did confide to Steve about it though, and as Nashville explained so well above, Steve wouldn't want to destroy his relationship with John by re-nomming Becky. But Steve also couldn't put Vanessa or Austin or the twins up, and I think Steve isn't sure how he feels about James. When John won veto, it was probably safest for Steve to have him not use it.

Thanks everyone for explaining!!  I was so confused watching to show, assuming Steve was also against the twins and Austin, but it all makes sense now that it's been explained.

Thanks. :)

• Love 2

The house guests ought to known it was going to be a double eviction before Julie's live on-air announcement, right? Video loops to study plus a backyard elaborate set-up means multiple competitions.

Yes, plus those who really know the show had figured it out from knowing where in the timeline it appeared in previous seasons. Although didn't Shelli and cohorts think it was going to be happening a week prior to when it actually did? It's all a blur to me now.

• Love 2

Yes, plus those who really know the show had figured it out from knowing where in the timeline it appeared in previous seasons. Although didn't Shelli and cohorts think it was going to be happening a week prior to when it actually did? It's all a blur to me now.

You're correct - several in the House expected the DE to occur a week earlier than it actually did. This was one of the instances where being a "BB scholar" can actually work against you in the House, because your knowledge is only valuable/valid if TPTB continue to do things exactly the way they've always done them. In this case, two salient points of BB history were involved:

• The last three (or is it four?) BB seasons have consistently used a nine-person Jury.
  • The last three seasons have also employed the first DE of the season as the Jury demarcation line - the first DE evictee was the last non-Jury HG to be evicted, and the second DE evictee was the first HG to go to Jury.
This season TPTB held with #1, but didn't with #2; DE was delayed a week, resulting in the two evictees being entrants 1 and 2 into the JH.

Expect The Unexpected!™

ETA: apparently my recollection on #2 was totally wrong - so never mind.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 3

So it was hinted at in the regular thread, but does someone want to go into detail about what Vanessa said about John in the HOH room?

Among other things, she was trying to paint John as being crazy in their talk, having "red rage" face, that she was concerned about sharing a room with him, and basically doing her best to make it seem he was crazy and unstable.  Meanwhile, he barely managed to lift his head off the pillow in their talk, and his face never changed from its usual pasty hue. 

• Love 5

Among other things, she was trying to paint John as being crazy in their talk, having "red rage" face, that she was concerned about sharing a room with him, and basically doing her best to make it seem he was crazy and unstable.  Meanwhile, he barely managed to lift his head off the pillow in their talk, and his face never changed from its usual pasty hue.

Of course not. The only time ANY part of JM's physique has been crimson-tinted was due to sunburn, not rage. :)

Thanks! Hopefully since the others have been around John for weeks now they will know that sounds nothing like him and realize Vanessa is lying to them, yet again.

• Love 1

Thanks! Hopefully since the others have been around John for weeks now they will know that sounds nothing like him and realize Vanessa is lying to them, yet again.

Oh, they knew. Austwins were just letting her ramble up there and nodded along. Austin left halfway through and bitched to James and Meg in the kitchen about how annoying Vanessa was and that she was telling the Clay story for the fifth time and he can't listen to her anymore, so he left. He told them that she said she's afraid of JMac attacking her in the middle of the night because he listens to death metal. Austin: Yeah, right! Earlier, Meg had talked with JMac, who told her that he knew Vanessa was up there trashing him and that he thinks Austin and Vanessa had a final two deal, so he was afraid to talk to him. Meg told him that she doesn't think he does, and she told all this to Austin. Steve later got JMac out of the HN room to play chess and JMac went to HOH after their game to spill all to Liz and Austin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0bLxCxQ8K8

• Love 2

The last three seasons have also employed the first DE of the season as the Jury demarcation line - the first DE evictee was the last non-Jury HG to be evicted, and the second DE evictee was the first HG to go to Jury.

I'm pretty sure the last two seasons did the DE the same as this season actually. The first evicted was the first member of the jury.

• Love 1

Thanks for posting that clip, Alihart41.  I've never seen any of the feeds and the first 15 minutes had more backstory and strategy summarized than all the hours and hours of primetime I've watched this season.  It was very interesting.  Do you have to watch, like, 50 hours of dross to catch those strategy nuggets or are the cameras picking up gameplay all the time?

I had a little revelation, listening to John, that if you can detect an alliance, you not only have the raw information, but you can drop a little stun grenade that x leaked it to you and create some shockwaves.

I'm developing newfound respect for the hamsters.  I would be terrible at this. 

Edited by candall
  • Love 3

I'm pretty sure the last two seasons did the DE the same as this season actually. The first evicted was the first member of the jury.

Yeah, I got corrected on that already in another thread. 

Which really weirds me out a little, because I was certain I'd verified that before I'd posted it. 

So I guess there's a possibility I'm having lucid dreams about this season - which worries me.  A LOT.

• Love 4

Bump!

I'm maneuvering this back up near the top because it's such a great thread--I don't trust what I see on the show anymore.

On Sunday, Austin's HoH big talk and wimpy play made me furious.  Is there insider info to ease me down off the ledge. . .or fuel the flames?

First yes Austin is the biggest chickenshit in the world, but if you mean him not nomming Vanessa, that would actually be terrible for his allies game, particularly Julia, plus they didn't want to risk a betrayed Vanessa coming right back into the house, or to risk losing her jury vote. Essentially Austwins had F5 deals with: Meg/James, Steve/John, Steve/Vanessa, there was literally no one they could nominated without pissing someone off for violating their deal, they've been wanting to target Johnny Mac for three weeks, and tbh, it really was the best set of noms for their game, and they thought Steve would be the pawn willingly since he "trusts" Scamper Squad (but he and Vanessa had blow out so he did not at all trust her).

Steve threw a hissy, he and Johnny Mac had a LONG conversation about using one or the other as a pawn, but they didn't want to be put up against each other because that would indicate that Austwins were more loyal to James/Meg, than to Steve/John. Austin promised Steve he wasn't going up, then Van had her chance to "clear the air" with Austin, some of which you saw on the show where she copped to knowing James threw BotB, it was very masterful talk and was at least I think some what genuine on both sides, so unfortunately, for Steve/John, Van talked to Austin last so she didn't go up.

They basically decided that even though they made deal with Johnny Mac, it's brand new and they could never trust him like they can that Vanessa is vested in working with them. They mostly decided not to alienate Meg/James purely because they have fun with them and like hanging out with them, as buffer from Van's uh...intensity.

• Love 4

From the episode thread:

I about died laughing when Liz told Austin he was an 'ok' kisser. You can tell she is totally turned off by him, when he tries to kiss her, she just gives him a motherly peck. When he tries to go in for a deep kiss, she stops it right away. She does not even like him 93%, she is not fooling anyone. She is using him to keep herself safe in this game. I just cannot wait until the show is over and they see they are not the showmance that America is cheering on.

Brace yourselves, y'all, because the reality is stomach-turning. Liz may not be in love with Austin, but she is not repulsed by him. Starting last week, the two of them have been getting a little frisky in the HoH room. It started as Austin manually stimulating Liz, and has progressed, possibly to full-on P in V, but possibly just the tip. I'm not sure because I have no interest in seeing any of it, but folks on reddit have been watching it closely and reporting it way too much detail. So, she's not totally turned off, and I hate that I know that.

In addition to what others have said, Austin really did decide to break his deal with JMac/ Steve and keep his deal with James/ Meg because he likes the latter more and thinks they are more fun. It's so silly.

candall, the feeds can be hit or miss, but this group spends a LOT of time talking game. Just yesterday, Vanessa talked game nonstop for over six hours, circling through the house. Possibly more- I gave up eventually. Unfortunately, a lot happens in the middle of the night, but Jokers and reddit usually have time stamps of key talks and you can rewind the feeds to that point. Thankfully, because good feeds days can be really addicting.

• Love 6

From the episode thread:

Brace yourselves, y'all, because the reality is stomach-turning. Liz may not be in love with Austin, but she is not repulsed by him. Starting last week, the two of them have been getting a little frisky in the HoH room. It started as Austin manually stimulating Liz, and has progressed, possibly to full-on P in V, but possibly just the tip. I'm not sure because I have no interest in seeing any of it, but folks on reddit have been watching it closely and reporting it way too much detail. So, she's not totally turned off, and I hate that I know that.

Omigoodness!  Well, all we can hope is that Liz was just horny and kept her eyes closed!

• Love 1

Bringing this from the live feed thread, with the caveat that I only am a reader, not a subscriber, so these are just interpretations:

I completely disagree about Vanessa's edit on the show. She seems very calm, sane and rational in all of her DRs (how the hell is that possible, because I'm just not buying that all of her manic craziness is pure strategy).

My objection to Vanessa's portrayal on the show (based on my reading of the live feed thread) isn't that she's calm, sane and rational, it's that she's not allowed to be given credit for what seems like the number of times she has saved herself through pure (manic, to be sure) gameplay. The designated "Audience Pet" (Johnny Mac) is allowed to trash her, game-wise -- and he acts as a surrogate for the audience. The impression, to me, isn't that she's brilliant and is a threat, it's that she's annoying and has to go, because Johnny Mac yells about her in the same way that he yells about being up on the block and throwing a BotB.

And I believe that if the show is allowing others to say how much they dislike a player, the audience will turn that dislike into disrespect. I can count on one hand the number of contestants who had aired comments saying they didn't like Derrick (was it only Donny?) in the DR.

I'll take the latest example: I read in awe as Vanessa was able to seemingly dissuade Austin from putting her up with a brief conversation. I read the description as she was "dialed in": and on her game. The show aired the conversation, but Vanessa's DR after the nominations took no credit for what happened. In fact, I so rarely see a DR from Vanessa taking credit for what happens -- when, from what I read, she's had a hand in many decisions. I saw Austin all smugly "It wasn't time for her to go yet" -- again, as if her being saved was "luck" or the whim of the HoH, and not her own game play.

And I can't tell you how many DRs I watched last year of Derrick at least implying he was unsurprised with game results, conferring him authority and respect from the show audience, and thus the show itself. Is Vanessa simply not being asked if she has a plan or if she expected what happened? I can't see her demurring or shying away from the answer or not wanting to take credit, if it was asked. I just don't think it's ever been asked, because I don't think that's how the show wants to portray her. Because, to me, all her great gameplay is wrapped in a largely unstable package and the show can't fathom that someone can have multiple meltdowns and still be a damn good player.

Every week, I read a variation of "Vanessa had ridiculous conversations with 5 different people, broke down 11 separate times, spun 9 crazy conspiracy theories and made 16 different deals and was able to stay safe" -- which should be television gold -- yet when we get to the show, instead of her saying "Hell yeah, I made 16 different deals and I stayed safe," we get an emotional, mousey player who quietly opines she's glad/grateful for her safety, but there's still a chance that someone could vote her out eventually.

Case in point: All it would've taken, in my mind, to shift viewer perception was a DR from Vanessa after the Austin DR saying "My plan worked -- I confessed to Austin what he needed to hear, and I was able to save myself from the block. Now I have to win this veto so I can control my own fate" [or something]. Instead, we got Steve (who talks to cameras for fun) saying that she was a good player, but again, he's been edited -- in my mind -- as largely irrelevant. From what I'm reading, the show has all the material it needs (plus the right questions in the DR) to give Vanessa the mad scientist edit she deserves. But they focus on her paranoia and other contestants are allowed to disparage her or she's not allowed to talk about the moves she's made (without others doing it for her), which I believe minimizes her game in the viewer's minds.

And I do think the fact that she's a woman has a lot to do with it.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 4

I get what you're saying, but I watch the feeds and honestly I don't think Vanessa has really done that much to save herself. She just isn't that great of a player imo. 

I didn't think about the fan fave hating her leading to the audience hating her, but it's a good point. But still, the editing is not showing Vanessa in her full insane, insufferable glory, so she is being somewhat protected there imo.

Case in point: All it would've taken, in my mind, to shift viewer perception was a DR from Vanessa after the Austin DR saying "My plan worked -- I confessed to Austin what he needed to hear, and I was able to save myself from the block. Now I have to win this veto so I can control my own fate" [or something].

That assumes Vanessa gave a DR saying that. She might have, but based on the other DRs I've seen from her, I don't think she did. But maybe Vanessa is giving a bunch of "This is all game! I'm running the show with my genius strategy!" DRs and they just aren't showing them.

Maybe some of John's DRs aren't him screaming and acting a fool, too. Anything's possible.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1