Type keyword(s) to search

The Bastard Executioner - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I didn't think it was that bad. I agree that it started out probably a little too slow, and should have gotten to the good stuff; more Chamberlain Bill, Lady Love scheming sooner. I assume cost was a big factor.

Honestly, I'd rather tv people try something new and different and fail at it than the same banal drivel that just coasts on. 

• Love 4

Honestly, I'd rather tv people try something new and different and fail at it than the same banal drivel that just coasts on

*Cough* Quantico *cough*,  *cough, cough* Blood and Oil *cough cough*,  Hold on, while I get some Robitussin.

WOW, that wrapped up quickly.  Almost looks like they knew!

Aaaand, Wilkin is a big, ole lug.  What on Earth was wrong with his posture in that last scene?  

Aside from His Luggishness, I thought the episode was fine.  I especially enjoyed Love and the Chamberlain.  (And, of course Isabel.)

Whole lotta forgivin' goin' on in this episode. Also a whole lot of people learning Wilkin's secret. That leaves maybe one peasant in the entire village who doesn't know about it.

Nice of everyone to pitch in for the big battle. Well, almost everyone. Didn't see Bernadette there.

• Love 1

I wasn't paying much attention to the plotline at this point, I have to admit -- just to the "wrapping it up" narrative.  But what was the "special" nature of the boy?  Was he the Second Coming or was Wilkin?  

And, seriously, did I misunderstand that Gemma's character was supposed to be the new Mary?  Seriously?  Holy God, did they miscast that role.  And that accent.  Whoo.

No Second Comings here. Wilkin carries the bloodline of Jesus, but he's not the final product. The kid was just leverage for the Evil Church Guys to use on Father Ruskin to make him cooperate. I think.

BTW, I think the actor who plays the head scribe has a great name: Scroobius Pip. He's apparently better known for doing hip hop.

Oh, sigh.  I had this whole (made up) idea that Sutter was heading off with Wilking as the John the Baptist character, Jessamy as Mary, and the kid as the Second Coming.

Or, given how prone he was to killing anyone and everyone (telling where the crone was; and then stabbing the Cardinal to death), perhaps he was the Anti-Christ?

I could come up with a million ideas.

Too late now, though.

Or, given how prone he was to killing anyone and everyone (telling where the crone was; and then stabbing the Cardinal to death), perhaps he was the Anti-Christ?

I like it. And maybe Ash is his first Disciple of Evil, what with the bestiality and dismembering and all. And he deliberately got caught as part of his diabolical plan to get Burned Guy to set himself on fire again. And don't forget that he wants to be a torturer just like Dad.

It's almost as if bisexual people exist! 

Totes agrees, it's like the 14th century open bisexuals were all over the place, along with the muslim moors who like to move to Wales in order to appreciate the crappy environment. 

Totes agrees, it's like the 14th century open bisexuals were all over the place, along with the muslim moors who like to move to Wales in order to appreciate the crappy environment. 

Eh, fair enough, I just like when bisexual people are represented on tv. Most people will see someone in a homossexual relationship and assume they're gay, or see someone on a straight relationship and assume they're straight and I feel like bisexuality is often erased. That said, I do dislike that all bisexual characters on the show are villains and this character turned out in later episodes to be uhh... not actually only bisexual but 

a full on pevert, what what he doing with those animals? Were those rats? Jesus fucking Christ. Why must tv ruin all bisexual characters? The other two bisexual characters (the twins and their half-brother are into incest.)  

Edited by Dorne2.0

Eh, fair enough, I just like when bisexual people are represented on tv. Most people will see someone in a homossexual relationship and assume they're gay, or see someone on a straight relationship and assume they're straight and I feel like bisexuality is often erased. That said, I do dislike that all bisexual characters on the show are villains and this character turned out in later episodes to be uhh... not actually only bisexual but 

Keep with the show, it's just amazingly unbelievable.  I don't want to spoil too much but executioners were basically the untouchable class.  You get to watch the executioner live in the palace and touch people who shouldn't even talk to him.

My main point with the chamberlain was that I didn't want him to be one of the romantic interests with Lady Love, despite him initially getting it on in front of a bunch of people with a guy.  I think it's bad with bi characters because more often then not, they're just presented as needing to pick a side.

• Love 1

This was just fine. I liked the Chamberlain and Lady Love "joining" forces. She sent in her bro to help too. And I did not see the whole Jesus angle coming. I kind of wish they were a little clearer on that earlier on. 

Chamberlain Bill: Well, since everything's all wrapped up, you wanna do it, Isabel?

Edited by ganesh

I think the plotlines were fine for the length of the series they had. I just got around to finishing. Maybe the whole Jesus angle could have been clearer. 

Nowadays, you just can't have too slow of a start. Boardwalk Empire started sllloooowwww, but they had the benefit of being on HBO.