Type keyword(s) to search

After Paradise

• Start Topic

Who knew that the idiot who got drunk on night 1 of The Bachelorette and ended up stripping down and jumping into the pool would not only get a rose, but would go on to become the MVP of Bachelor in Paradise?  Good job, Daniel!  You're bringing the comedy that the producers thought would come from Chad.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, thehepburn said:

I really liked AshleyI's father. One of the best dads ever on the show. Too bad he obviously spoiled his girls so that they have the maturity of 12 yr olds.

I really liked him too. I am sure he wants that crazy noodle (I like crazy noodles btw) Daniel to stay far away from Ashley. What was he thinking talking about the sacredness of ashleys virginity as a possibility of "drawing first blood". He needs a little sensitivity training as far as having an intimate relationship with a woman goes. I love the Daniel, but would have been cringing if I were Ashleys dad (and Ashley) listening to this.

He goes "there" with no qualms!  My jaw dropped too, Michele! Holy crap!

• Love 1

I found it pretty telling that Sarah did not deny following Chad around and telling him what he could and couldn't do.  Although he should not have made fun of her, I can see why he would be annoyed.  I also thought Lace was hypocritical about her own actions.  Oh well.

I know this is last week's episode but I just wanted to say I was a bit miffed at Sarah for not apologizing to Chad for following him around and telling him what he can and can't say.  Chad gave a sincere apology and she should have stepped up and said well if I bothered you or irritated you in anyway that was not my intention blah, blah, blah....something, anything. 

• Love 1

I liked Daniel on the After Paradise show.  UNTIL  the virgin-Ashley comment.   He kind of mumbled it, but said to Ashley, after she confirmed that she was still a virgin, that he wanted to be "like Rambo"  in that he would "draw first blood".  Beyond weird. 

And Michelle jumped in and changed the topic.  It was clear she didn't know quite how to respond to him.

• Love 2

The "draw first blood" thing was wild. No filter on that guy for sure.

I want to tell Sean not to cross his legs.

I honestly don't believe that Jared and Ashley were ever "on"--mostly off and only on in her delusions. "We snapchat every day" isn't really a deep connection.

• Love 2

I just can't with Ashley I's makeup. Her "contouring" looks like she just ran a Tough Mudder and forgot to wash her face afterwards. Interesting that after seeing Jared fall for fresh-faced Caila, Ashley's reaction is to wear even more makeup.

And I feel sorry for Daddy I. He seems like a loving dad, so he's being supportive of his daughter despite her antics, but as a doctor and as someone who's invested so much in her education (she has a Master's from Syracuse), I'm sure he had loftier ambitions for her.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

Good job, Daniel!  You're bringing the comedy that the producers thought would come from Chad.

Exactly! Daniel is the person Chad wishes he could be.

Also, if I never hear 'Chad's meat' ever again that'll be too soon. Seriously. No.

Daniel has totally won me over.  I really like him.  And Ashley is really beautiful. 

• Love 1

My favorite part of this last episode was when they quizzed the twins on which state was the last to join the Union.  OMG!  Naming some of the original colonies, naming cities etc.  When prompted by camera guy that it's on the other side of the country....they went south and then to Antarctica.  I thought I heard the voice behind the camera say Alaska.  Jesus, Joseph and Mary it was Hawaii.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, jumper sage said:

My favorite part of this last episode was when they quizzed the twins on which state was the last to join the Union.  OMG!  Naming some of the original colonies, naming cities etc.  When prompted by camera guy that it's on the other side of the country....they went south and then to Antarctica.  I thought I heard the voice behind the camera say Alaska.  Jesus, Joseph and Mary it was Hawaii.

Eh, I do think the twins are not the brightest bulbs, but that segment seemed fake to me. I would certainly bet good money that they did NOT know it was Hawaii (and from what you're saying, sounds like the person asking the question ALSO did not know the answer, lol), but I don't think they're that colossally stupid that they don't know states from continents. 

They seem to be making a nest in the Bachelor franchise and lining it with dumb blonde outtakes so they'll continue to be asked back despite the fact that they seem to have zero plans to actually meet any men. I'll expect to see them on the next 2 or 3 iterations of BiP plus any televised weddings or other events that will get them back on TV. 

• Love 2

Vinny has gone full-swoop! He now can now officially make it as a JoJo finalist! Oh, yeah, Brett also has the swoop and beard. Izzy is going to regret her choice now when she sees Vinny's makeover into her physical type. That's a better tactic than crying at her. Did Izzy play you? "Izzy played herself." Oh, snap.

Arie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can a handsome racecar driver like yourself still be single? Ladies, start your engines, as Arie's heart races on a journey to the finish line of love....or some such...next season on The Bachelor! (As Bachelor Nation hopes)

Izzy said stuff. Vinny said stuff. Vinny's mom brings meatballs to the airport; I'm picturing a full pot held with oven mitts. Yadda-yadda. Arie was there! He's still single and hot! We still have a chance at an Arie season!

Vinny is a DJ performing at the Tropacana?! I thought he was a barber. Hmmm. One gets better Wrong Reasons self-promotion with a broken heart. 

• Love 5

I don't watch the after paradise - why was Arie there? My heart fluttered a little! On the one hand, I love seeing him on my screen. On the other hand, I don't want my opinion of him to turn negative if he hangs out too much in the Bachelorverse.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

If Arie is a player

RS had some reports of Arie's behavior on his blog during Emily's season. IIRC one of them said that Arie had hooked up with one of his friends' girlfriend. It's also common knowledge that Arie had hooked up with one of the Bachelor producers (which is why I think Emily didn't pick him in the end), Selma from Sean's season, and Courtney Robertson from Ben Flapjack's season. Courtney wrote in her book that when she wasn't able to be Arie's date for an event, he flew in a girl from his hometown that he was also hooking up with to be his date. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Arie playing the field, but if that's the case, he shouldn't pretend that he's looking for a relationship.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, chocolatine said:

Selma from Sean's season

Wasn't she a virgin? If so, Arie really is good. I kid, I kid....  I remember she wouldn't do go in some freezing water challenge on Sean's season and if I remember correctly she didn't make out with Sean I think because of religious reasons.

2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Wasn't she a virgin? If so, Arie really is good. I kid, I kid....  I remember she wouldn't do go in some freezing water challenge on Sean's season and if I remember correctly she didn't make out with Sean I think because of religious reasons.

She said she didn't want to make out in public/on television. I think the "religious reasons" was just a front to avoid Sean's lizard tongue. She did some semi-nude modeling, so she couldn't have been that conservative. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

It's also common knowledge that Arie had hooked up with one of the Bachelor producers (which is why I think Emily didn't pick him in the end),

I thought that he knew one of the producers previously--perhaps had a relationship with her, but it was over when the show started. In fact, if memory serves, she was the one who suggested that he go on the show. They were friends throughout the show and the producers knew that. It wasn't like he hit on someone during the making of the show. I thought he seemed very sincere in his feelings for Emily.

• Love 4

For those who didn't watch, Arie wasn't lamenting about being single. Sean was the one who asked how a handsome racecar driver like yourself is still single. He was one of a few people in a row (including LeAnn Rhimes's ex and Nick) who were brought on to give Vinny advice about being publicly dumped and how to handle heartache in the limelight. It was rather sad to see LeAnn's ex--who was MARRIED and dumped for another man, which truly was major celebrity gossip--to console Vinny, a guy who dated someone for a week and isn't exactly going to make tabloid headlines. But, anyway, Arie was also just giving Vinny advice. What that advice was, who knows--I was too distracted by checking out him and his apartment in the background. They did not mention him potentially being Bachelor. I just made that up because it was rumored that he was recently being considered, and I was speculating that maybe they brought him out to gauge whether Bachelor Nation is still interested in him. One vote for yes over here!

• Love 6

As has been pointed out, Vinnie and Izzy knew each other for a hot minute, it's not like she dumped him out of the blue after a year of dating. They're making way too much of this.

I found it interesting that Izzy mentioned more than once that during her time on BiP, she had to pull info from Vinnie when she wanted to know more about him. Like she was always the conversation initiator. From my perspective, I can see why that was a red flag. Now I guess she could have said right away, "Vinnie, we've been together 1 (or 2) weeks, now I need you to open up and talk to me more about yourself if we're going to potentially move forward," but really, what was the need, until Brett showed up?  Before Brett arrived, Izzy was on an island with no one better than Vinnie at hand and for a limited period of time (what, about 5 weeks max?). Why bother having that serious convo until, maybe, the very end, if at all?  

And during their short time together, Vinnie certainly did not pick up on the fact that Izzy needed him to communicate more and better. I think a guy who was a little more astute, or more approachable, would have seen Izzy's doubt and addressed it or would have made Izzy feel like she could talk about her concerns. 

So again, IMHO, they were really making a mountain out of a molehill. I don't see that Izzy really did anything wrong.

Edited by adhoc
  • Love 3

I noticed that Izzy reached over and touched Vinnie 3 times while sitting beside him.  He did not respond at all.  I do not like when someone I am upset with keeps trying to touch me.  I kept expecting Vinnie to take her hand and remove it from himself.  He was not a happy man.  He was just holding in his anger.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Courtney Robertson from Ben Flapjack's season

This had me howling!  Just wanted to mention that.

I haven't seen After Paradise yet but have it saved in my DVR, wow Arie huh?  Yeah I would like to see him as the next Bachelor!  I mean I like whatshisface from Jojo's season but dang he was kinda dull. 

1 hour ago, adhoc said:

I found it interesting that Izzy mentioned more than once that during her time on BiP, she had to pull info from Vinnie when she wanted to know more about him. Like she was always the conversation initiator. From my perspective, I can see why that was a red flag. Now I guess she could have said right away, "Vinnie, we've been together 1 (or 2) weeks, now I need you to open up and talk to me more about yourself if we're going to potentially move forward," but really, what was the need, until Brett showed up?  Before Brett arrived, Izzy was on an island with no one better than Vinnie at hand and for a limited period of time (what, about 5 weeks max?). Why bother having that serious convo until, maybe, the very end, if at all?  

I had thought there had to be something more than just simply Brett walks in and Izzy is done.  I figured that she was having doubts before he showed up but maybe didn't know how to express them or whatever.  When you're on t.v. and everyone is telling you that you are the PERFECT couple blah, blah, blah and there is a "prize" for a very expense engagement ring at the end I can see the pressure of needing to stay together.  I don't blame Izzy for doing what she did.  I like Vinnie as well but he's just butt hurt about this and needs to get over it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

I noticed that Izzy reached over and touched Vinnie 3 times while sitting beside him.  He did not respond at all.  I do not like when someone I am upset with keeps trying to touch me.  I kept expecting Vinnie to take her hand and remove it from himself.  He was not a happy man.  He was just holding in his anger.

I think the Brett thing fell apart.  I think she was trying to get Vinnie back.  Idiot!

2 hours ago, adhoc said:

"Vinnie, we've been together 1 (or 2) weeks, now I need you to open up and talk to me more about yourself if we're going to potentially move forward," but really, what was the need, until Brett showed up?

That was just her excuse for running off with Brett.  It's Bachelorspeak for, "I fucked you and now must fuck that person".

• Love 3
2 hours ago, adhoc said:

As has been pointed out, Vinnie and Izzy knew each other for a hot minute, it's not like she dumped him out of the blue after a year of dating. They're making way too much of this.

Izzy's taken a lot of flack, not just for her decision, but for her looks (as if the only justification for moving on is if she meets some arbitrary beauty standard).  It's really bizarre that Vinny is supposed to be some sort of catch.  He's not ugly by any means, but he seems average in every way. Anyway, this is just a repeat from last season, it's just that the genders are reversed.  To quote superpole2000:

Carly and every other dumpee are not victims. They are just on the wrong end of an unequal desire to be in a relationship. No one should have to apologize for not liking someone.   

The end. 

Edited by ribboninthesky1
  • Love 6

The best moment was right toward the end when Michelle Collins called Josh "Pizza the Hut." I won't link the Spaceballs clip, because it grosses me out, but she really nailed his grossness with that.

• Love 4

I've got to say this here, that I hope Luke or Robby is not the next bachelor. JoJos season was BORING! This snow is not supposed to be boring and I watched antiques roadshow instead during Alot of JoJos season just for some excitement.

They are nice enough and semi attractive as men, but a whole season of one of them will have me watching antiques road show INSTEAD, for sure.

Don't any great catches apply anymore ? or is this show only catering to the crass and nutty , and average contestants now. 

Some great looks and personality and good taste, a bit more of it please , would be nice. Thank you for your time. I hope to give you all mine on the next bachelor show, instead of switching to antique road show RERUNS!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

I think the Brett thing fell apart.  I think she was trying to get Vinnie back.  Idiot!

Well that's harsh.  I don't see it like that at all; I think she was genuinely upset by the whole thing in general and probably a bit embarrassed by it all.

1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

That was just her excuse for running off with Brett.  It's Bachelorspeak for, "I fucked you and now must fuck that person".

Again super harsh.  She didn't rob him or killed his damn dog.  She dumped him after knowing him 2, maybe 3 weeks tops, good grief. 

1 hour ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

Carly and every other dumpee are not victims. They are just on the wrong end of an unequal desire to be in a relationship. No one should have to apologize for not liking someone.   

Stitch this on a pillow!  Look I like Vinny as much the next person but this attack on Izzy, especially on the show, just seemed a little blown out of proportion.

16 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

This snow is not supposed to be boring

In fact snow is NOT suppose to be boring.  Hahaha, yeah I agree though no Luke or Robby as the next Bachelor.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

I've got to say this here, that I hope Luke or Robby is not the next bachelor. JoJos season was BORING! This snow is not supposed to be boring and I watched antiques roadshow instead during Alot of JoJos season just for some excitement.

The show should change up the format for next season: two bachelors, but none of this voting one out the first night.  Let them go on some group dates for a couple of weeks, both men and 10 or so women at a time, no one-on-ones, and then let the women decide who to keep and who to send home.

I love Michelle Collins for the after show. She's the perfect blend of dry wit, irreverence, and shameless fangurl that BIP is all about.  

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Kerri Okie said:

I love Michelle Collins for the after show. She's the perfect blend of dry wit, irreverence, and shameless fangurl that BIP is all about.  

Yeah I like her enough as well.  I like Sean too.  As a former Bachelor I guess he has a nice perspective on whats up on the show.  I gotta say I didn't really like this week's super fan celebrity couple.  And by didn't like I mean I found them really fucking annoying.  Holy cow they were obnoxious.  And am I crazy or did Nick seem a little skeeved by them as well? 

• Love 2

It was cruel to make Vinny watch the extra scene of Izzy and Brett hitting it off, complete with a little screen so we could see his pained reaction. And this after trotting out all of these people to say "You are not a pathetic loser that was dumped for a much hotter dude!" I don't think he really appreciated their "advice". And Izzy did not like it when the mom came on at all.

Arie was also just giving Vinny advice. What that advice was, who knows--I was too distracted by checking out him and his apartment in the background. 

Me too! And I loved when Michelle complimented his clean kitchen. LOL That guy definitely would be the sexiest Bachelor they've had.

Selma from Sean's season

I forgot about her! She was stunning. I just googled her and it came back with an item that she dated Chris Harrison??

• Love 3

Regarding the insanely hot Arie as the next Bachelor--I think they should hold off on him for a few years until he's 38 or so, and then have some older, more mature (hopefully) Bachelorettes.  I'm sick of the 23-year-old unformed bimbos who are on now.  Claire could come back!

On the other hand, the thought of someone kissing Arie other than me makes me feel a little angry, so I don't know if I could handle it.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, WhoAmIReally said:

Regarding the insanely hot Arie as the next Bachelor--I think they should hold off on him for a few years until he's 38 or so, and then have some older, more mature (hopefully) Bachelorettes.  I'm sick of the 23-year-old unformed bimbos who are on now.  Claire could come back!

Brad Womack was 38 on his second go-around. That didn't stop producers from casting women in their 20s, and all of his F4 were 10 or more years younger than him. Only Michelle Money, who was F5, was in her 30s at the time.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WhoAmIReally said:

The problem is, the shows cross-pollinate. So if you do a 40-year-old bachelor, then your next bachelorette is that age too, and then BiP is extra-weird because the other casts to mingle with are in their 20s and early 30s.

I remember Byron Velvick's season and enjoyed it, but he either had desperate crazies or ladies who were too mature to fall in love that quickly on camera.

Michelle said we may find out who he next conceited famewhore or uh I mean Bachelor is next week..  For some odd reason watching "After" last night I kind of wondered if it could be Vinny? Just food for thought.

• Love 2

Have they ever had someone who has previously appeared on BiP (or Bachelor Pad) be the Bachelor/ette before?

I wouldn't mind Nick being the Bachelor.  But I would want him to get down to his final choice, go through his whole marriage proposal, and then be rejected yet again on national television.  I'd pay good money to see that.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Well that's harsh.  I don't see it like that at all; I think she was genuinely upset by the whole thing in general and probably a bit embarrassed by it all.

Again super harsh.  She didn't rob him or killed his damn dog.  She dumped him after knowing him 2, maybe 3 weeks tops, good grief. 

Stitch this on a pillow!  Look I like Vinny as much the next person but this attack on Izzy, especially on the show, just seemed a little blown out of proportion.

Well I am sort of with you but sort of not.  I have been dating/in a relationship with someone for 4 years and still can't remember any anniversary date.  I am not looking for marriage and neither is he.  I agree falling in love in a couple of weeks is ridiculous but I also think some of them can be callous.

I think the show puts together people of different forms.  Someone like me would probably spend the whole time with someone I liked and had agreed to expectations on day 1.  You don't get honest people who say they want to be monogamous, in a lasting relationship without any expectations of marriage or even living arrangement every day.

The whole show package of finding someone to marry, whilst in a game show atmosphere, is pretty ridiculous.  Some of them have managed to stay sane in this ultimate search for love in an uncooled, pretty crappy environment.

I think my final comment is that we are supposed to take the show on it's own basis, even if we think it's bullshit.  Look there, didn't cuss once.  If Izzy can treat him like that then he can treat her like that.  Tit for tat.  The way she kept touching him makes me think she wants more.  My opinion.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Arienne said:

For some odd reason watching "After" last night I kind of wondered if it could be Vinny?

Vinny to me was a non-entity on BIP, just kind of there. But the way they were pumping him up last night they acted like he was the breakout star of the show. I too wish they would find somebody new (or Arie...) for the new Bachelor.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Have they ever had someone who has previously appeared on BiP (or Bachelor Pad) be the Bachelor/ette before?

I wouldn't mind Nick being the Bachelor.  But I would want him to get down to his final choice, go through his whole marriage proposal, and then be rejected yet again on national television.  I'd pay good money to see that.

That would be a big fat NO which is why it always amuse me that ppl think Nick has a chance. Arie has a much better chance than Nick does and even Arie is not viable bc LUKE (the ex-marine) is a shoo-in.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, adhoc said:

that Izzy mentioned more than once that during her time on BiP, she had to pull info from Vinnie when she wanted to know more about him. Like she was always the conversation initiator. From my perspective, I can see why that was a red flag. Now I guess she could have said right away, "Vinnie, we've been together 1 (or 2) weeks, now I need you to open up and talk to me more about yourself if we're going to potentially move forward," but really, what was the need, until Brett showed up?  Before Brett arrived, Izzy was on an island with no one better than Vinnie at hand and for a limited period of time (what, about 5 weeks max?).

That's true.  But i also found it odd that she said that part of the reason she had doubts was that they hadn't talked about family stuff etc but then also said that that was because neither of them wanted to do it because they were on national television.  So she was holding against him not doing something that she didn't want to do.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, WhoAmIReally said:

Time to stop the cross-pollination, I say.  It's getting boring.  It was better when they had fresh blood for the Bachelors.

They'd lose viewers. Most people try not to watch, then get sucked in for another round because they know the next lead. It's a soap opera.

Not me...I won't be watching either way. I do not like the format for EITHER the bachelor or bachelorette...that said, I do tend to watch like the first couple episodes of each until the crazies are weeded out...and then I sometimes watch the <whatever> tell all episode....but the premise of these shows is so flawed and absurd that I just cannot get myself into them even if I tried. However, that being said I absolutely loved Bachelor Pad and never missed an episode of that...and I also truly enjoy Bachelor in Paradise. It is the parent shows which bore me to tears. Waaaaaaay too much cheese. That much dairy just isn't healthy 

• Love 1
On 8/24/2016 at 0:54 AM, chocolatine said:

The only reason a man like Arie is single is because he wants to be. I've heard rumors from various sources that he's a huge player, and I believe it.

And he's still waiting for that call to be the next Bachelor. I know I'm riding solo on this but I never saw the "unbelievable, out of this world, most gorgeous man to ever grace this show" hyperbole with Arie. Decent looking guy, sure. Personality wise, kind of dull and I actually didn't think he was the absolute greatest kisser ever. Hell, I think Nick seemed like a much better and more intense kisser.

• Love 7