Type keyword(s) to search

The Ladies in the Media

2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Wait, is Caroline Stanbury back? I thought she fled to Dubai after her business failed?

The business didn't matter to her, she moved to Dubai for her husbands job. That is going to be her storyline this season.

14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

So they will shoot in London and in Dubai?  Or just her getting ready to move.  Makes me wonder if she'll be replaced since she won't be a lady of London. 

I have no idea if they actually film in Dubai.  I'm thinking it will be a wait and see aspect. 

If the show comes back for a fourth season, I suspect she will be out entirely unless she makes a visit or the cast visits Dubai.  I don't see even this season having a split locale even for half of the small run this show gets.  That would be a rather huge leap in production costs for a show that BRAVO is pretty half-assed about.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

I have no idea if they actually film in Dubai.  I'm thinking it will be a wait and see aspect. 

If the show comes back for a fourth season, I suspect she will be out entirely unless she makes a visit or the cast visits Dubai.  I don't see even this season having a split locale even for half of the small run this show gets.  That would be a rather huge leap in production costs for a show that BRAVO is pretty half-assed about.

Thanks, TY.  That makes sense. I'm so not interested is seeing that sourpuss in a Dubai, anyway!  

• Love 1

That looks like it was made during the Unconventional Materials challenge on Project Runway, using paper plates and parachutes.  The skirt could be the bottom of a cute dress, but the shit show that is the top, choke collar, bib and sleeves, no, just no.

• Love 10
On 1/4/2017 at 8:42 PM, izabella said:

That looks like it was made during the Unconventional Materials challenge on Project Runway, using paper plates and parachutes.  The skirt could be the bottom of a cute dress, but the shit show that is the top, choke collar, bib and sleeves, no, just no.

OMG YES!!!  This could so be a Brownie craft project using paper plates, some water colors and a little Elmer's glue.  A few strings of beads or dots of paint here and there, and Voila! 

ps. Thanks for reminding me of my favorite episode of Project Runway where they had to make garden party dresses out of plants. 

• Love 1
On 1/4/2017 at 6:27 PM, AnitaKnight said:

Bethenny Frankel (RHNY) wore that fugly prairie dress that Juliet wore!

QlRZVxJYTFkHS0cEThdQEQZCWhBEUEUSBE0YFRM=

I assume some high-end designer created that fugly dress?  Why do some people purchase based on label rather than what is actually attractive to them?

On 1/10/2017 at 3:13 AM, NutMeg said:

So this confirms that Juliet has no taste and goes for expensive clothes no one sane is wearing. Instead of you know, at least knowing what works where. Stylist, my !@#$$ :D

She LOVES busy prints, and mixing busy prints. Maybe she spills a lot and this is her way to keep it camouflaged?  

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

It's only on the Danish press for the moment but Caroline Fs dad died. Her 12 year old son inherits the castle and title.

I'm sorry for her :(

I imagine it will all be tied up in trust until he is of age.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, izabella said:

Doesn't the castle go to her son because she gave up her title in order to marry...somebody?

Oh, I forgot about that.  But I feel like nobility always sort of did the fee tail thing.  It was pretty recently abolished in the US.

I follow Julie on Instagram. In one of her posts, I caught a response she wrote to one of the commenters.

Apparently, someone asked her about whether there is going to be a season four. Julie told the person that the show was canceled. So no Season Four.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I follow Julie on Instagram. In one of her posts, I caught a response she wrote to one of the commenters.

Apparently, someone asked her about whether there is going to be a season four. Julie told the person that the show was canceled. So no Season Four.

I read that Julie said the show was canceled at the end of May, but couldn't find anything that confirmed it. Regardless, someone updated the show's Wikipedia page to say that it was canceled on May 31st.

• Love 2

I don't think this is the right thread, but does anyone know if LOL is streaming anywhere? It's not on Hulu or Bravo now? Is it anywhere? And what is up with Bravo's haphazard way of putting shows on streaming media? Million Dollar Listing NY, but not LA? Shas of Sunset but no Ladies of London?

On 9/9/2017 at 0:09 PM, FozzyBear said:

I don't think this is the right thread, but does anyone know if LOL is streaming anywhere? It's not on Hulu or Bravo now? Is it anywhere? And what is up with Bravo's haphazard way of putting shows on streaming media? Million Dollar Listing NY, but not LA? Shas of Sunset but no Ladies of London?

Bravo had it on their streaming app while it was airing. I wish it would end up on Hulu. 

Purchased Caroline Fleming's new book. Hoping it's fabulous. 

You can find them through "tvmuse.com", but better using firefox and a good anti-virus (just some ennoying advertising, sometimes, but I watch all my favorite shows from here, as I'm living in Switzerland). The links are usually up a few hours after the diffusion :) Enjoy !

On 9/21/2017 at 10:25 PM, LemonSoda said:

Bravo had it on their streaming app while it was airing. I wish it would end up on Hulu. 

Purchased Caroline Fleming's new book. Hoping it's fabulous. 

How was Caroline Fleming's book?  I love her!!! 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

How was Caroline Fleming's book?  I love her!!! 

It's really great. It's much more elegant if that makes sense. I guess I thought it would be a bit quirky but it's a really beautiful book. She sticks to a lot of traditional foods, family favorites. I've made ten of the recipes so far and they've all turned out great. Some of the ingredients have been hard to find but the internet makes it easy to track things down. If you want specifics from it let me know. 

Edited by LemonSoda
iPad typo
  • Love 5
On 1/18/2018 at 0:49 PM, LemonSoda said:

I hate that it was cancelled. I would've liked to see more of Adela, Caroline Fleming. Marissa seemed over it last season. 

The wrong Caroline is doing a show!!!!  Stanbury is up there with Vicki and Aviva for me!  I really like Adela too!!  Can't Andy throw some money at those two?  They're both single Mums!!! 

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I wouldn't have minded a spin-off with Sophie, Caroline F, and Adela.

Me too! 

47 minutes ago, stcroix said:

I would watch a show about Caroline Flemings life.  She was just quirky enough to be interesting and her food looked yummy!  It could go between London and Copenhagen, I'd watch :)

I'd even settle for an English version of her old show. I love her cookbook so I'd also like a cooking show. 

• Love 3