Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Kiss, Kiss, Bye Bye

• Start Topic

Re. the wig - thank you! I was distracted for most of the episode by thoughts of "What the hell is that on your head, girl?" I mean, why does she have to wear a wig? Was her earlier hair a wig? It didn't look like it. I officially hate this wig and want it to die.

I actually don't know if it is a wig. I'm just assuming so because her hair (particularly, her bangs), doesn't normally look that full and heavy. Also, I was going by how terrible and unnatural it looked. I'm guessing that we've seen both her natural hair and her hair augmented with extensions depending on the episode and the look they were going for. I usually like her styling, even the wild, big hair that lots of posters hated from the pilot, but it was just off this episode. I also hated the big blue jacket they had her in. That plus the hair just overwhelms her small frame.

Speaking of styling, I saw this comment somewhere else and it made me laugh, 'cuz it's so true about the club scene. "I love that D’avin and Dutch are decked out like they’re headed to Club Hel from the Matrix, and John is just chilling in jeans and a hoodie." I'd think it was a wardrobe fail, but it's actually true to his character. Oh John, never change. Also, Dutch somehow managed to look stunning in her ridiculous get up. D'avin just reminded me of Michael in the weird New York clones episodes of Roswell. "Yo, yo Max!"

• Love 1

Yeah, I wasn't really feeling Dutch's hair this episode.

The rest of it, however, was pretty damn great.  It started off slowly, for sure, but it all paid off in spades in the second half of the episode.

Also, I don't know if anybody else is into this stuff, but the show's music supervisor has some absolutely fantastic taste in indie alternative/alt rock.

• Love 6
Also, I don't know if anybody else is into this stuff, but the show's music supervisor has some absolutely fantastic taste in indie alternative/alt rock.

YES!!!!!!!! Thanks for that observation, Mars477.

Edited by Janimo
  • Love 2

Did they mention that John has severe dyslexia in the pilot?

They haven't mentioned it at all on screen, but there have been a couple of very off hand references that could relate... him getting words wrong, or avoiding situations, or getting frustrated.  I keep waiting for something more overt.  If they're going to state it in the promo material, I want to see it on screen.  It's not enough to just say that he's dyslexic, they need to show it.   

• Love 2

As for the notion that Johnny actually believes D'Avin himself is morally innocent, his beating D'Avin in the face says, no, he doesn't, no matter what his mouth says later.

Eh, I think there's a difference between him hitting D'avin right after he saw the damage D'avin had done to Dutch, and him being able to realize later, after seeing the crazed D'avin in action for himself, that that was not his brother.

• Love 3