Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Ejecta

As the world outside the Dome is rocked by a catastrophic meteor shower, unexpected alliances form inside the barrier. Eva tries to indoctrinate Barbie deeper into The Kinship and Big Jim and Julia turn to one another while isolated on Bird Island outside of town. Also, Joe is forced to accept help from Sam, the man who killed his sister.
As the world outside the Dome is rocked by a catastrophic meteor shower, unexpected alliances form inside the barrier.

Unexpected alliances form ??  Nearly everyone is under control of the Kinship lead by Christine.  How unexpected could these alliances be ?

Big Jim and Julia turn to one another while isolated on Bird Island outside of town

Please don't have these two hook up.  Please show, don't do it.

i want to see a meteor bounce off the Dome.

• Love 4

Unexpected alliances form ??  Nearly everyone is under control of the Kinship lead by Christine.  How unexpected could these alliances be ?

Again?  That's what they already did with Julie and Jim in this season, it's not unexpected if you keep pairing people up.

Please don't have these two hook up.  Please show, don't do it.

Even if they don't, it's a shame they had to crank up the relationship drama this season even more when compared to the previous seasons, it's been a drag.

i want to see a meteor bounce off the Dome.

It's the least they can do after wasting half the season on boring pod people drama.

• Love 1

The "unexpected alliance", assuming it's not Jim and Julia yet again, is probably Sam and Joe (and Norrie), since they happen to be hanging around pod people, yet aren't pod people. I expect this exchange:

Joe: "Why should I unexpectedly ally with you? You killed my sister!"

Sam: "This again? You have to forgive me, Joe. I had a good reason. It seemed like a good idea at the time."

• Love 2

Before this airs...I am hoping what is seen in the previews turns out to be some sort of illusion created by the dome...because if it is legit then the writers will have painted themselves into a corner for any future seasons.

*The narrative drive would be lost....there would be no point in trying to escape the Dome...it would be like Star Trek Voyager if the ship had no reason to try and get home again, the castaways on LOST or GILLIGAN's ISLAND for that matter no longer having any reason to try and get off the islands....a big DEAD END.

* Also no more cheating bringing in characters from outside the dome to freshen things up...that avenue cut off forever.

This is a terrible idea if that is what they do tonight.

(edited)

Oh noooooes !!!! Another amethyst is dying in the tunnels because Christine's cocoon is draining all the power from it in order to heal herself.

All the pod people living in the dorms in Town Hall decided to get out of bed in the middle of the night and start jumping to their deaths -- but for some reason Barbie is out for a walk and stops the lemmings from killing themselves.

Meanwhile, purple streaks start appearing in the distance, some big ones, some little ones.  Barbie concludes that they can't all be shooting stars.  Look at the big brain on Barbie.

Big Jim and Julia continue to wander the woods on Bird Island looking for Indy as the falling stars pepper the sky above.  Boy that moon sure is bright, it's practically daytime.  And they start to run as one giant meteor is headed towards them.  And one of my predictions came true -- a meteor impacts the Dome.  Score !!!

For some reason after the credits, we get the exact time shown on screen -- 1:13am.  Why isn't anyone in Town Hall outside watching the light show ?  And why are there so many people walking around in the middle of the night ?

Umm, here's the thing -- the Dome is very strong, but as we've seen in previous episodes that air gets through and so can water can get through.  I would think that some of the energy from that meteor impact had to make it through the Dome and at least singe the land inside.

Barbie and Eva decide to go to the firehouse and climb the tower and observe the meteors -- and they see a lot of fires outside the perimeter of the Dome.  We also get to see Barbie carefully place the key to the tower on a stool -- why wouldn't he just keep it in his pocket ?  I'm sure that will be important later.  They also find 'Rusty hearts Linda' carved into a wall -- remember when Linda was killed by the magnetized Dome wall slamming a SUV into her ?  Has this tower above the firehouse EVER been shown before this episode ?  We've seen the water tower and the church steeple aplenty, but no sign of this so-called firetower.

Eva is no apparently an astrophysicist or something -- she states that the meteor impacts will kick up debris INTO ORBIT.  Give me a break -- into orbit ?  Is this magic debris ?  And all that debris will block out the sun and bring the firestorm -- WTF is she talking about ?

And there it is -- they key to the hatch in the floor goes missing.  Did the ghost of Drownsie take it ?  Why would this door in the floor lock from the INSIDE ?  That is so incredibly stupid. 

Cut to 7:15am -- and the worst special effects ever make it look the sun is being blocked by smoke and dust.  Apparently the door out of the fire tower is made out of adamantium or something similar because Barbie has been at it for nearly 6 hours trying to get it open and has made no headway.  Considering that the sun is being blocked by smoke and dust, it's pretty bright in that fire tower.  I'm still thinking this whole meteor thing is just a long con by Eva to bring Barbie over to the Kinship.  And Evan is acting really fucking weird.

Another question -- why is everything still so green and lush everywhere below ?  All the plants should have been frozen and all the leaves should have turned brown from the deep freeze from last season.

Eva starts taking her clothes off and is getting ready for sexy time with Barbie while she sweet talks Barbie with all the pros of the Kinship.  Unfortunately, the keys to the door fall out of the shirt that Eva just took off.  Whoops !!  Barbie gets all pissed, and leaves poor topless Eva to herself.

And we're back to 1:13am -- only this time with Joe and Fivehead.  Hunter gets all testy about why they kept him alive since he wanted to die, and since he won't STFU they stash him in the freezer.  And now it's 3:57am -- and Joe and Fivehead are still awake, and chit-chatting as the meteors continue to fall.  And Joe gets the responsibility for saying the episode title for describing what 'ejecta' is to Fivehead.  Fivehead thinks that the whole world is gone and they should just join the Kinship.  Sam comes into the Sweetbriar Rose -- at 4am -- and Joe takes a swing at him with a knife blind (he didn't even know it was Sam -- WTF ?).

Sam seems to think that he killed Christine -- talk about being an optimist.  And after they wheel Hunter out from the freezer, he no longer wants to die -- he's free from the kinship.  How exactly ? Sam "suddenly" discovers that Hunter broke a couple of ribs during the fall in addition to his broken back -- did no one check before ?  Because he should have been treated for that.  Maybe he's just a shitty EMT.  They spot flashlights coming towards the diner, so Sam hides Hunter, Fivehead and Joe back in the freezer -- and says to stay there no matter what.  Cut to the interior of the Sweetbriar Rose at 7:12am (the clock on the wall apparently still works -- must be battery powered) as the Dynamic trio exits the freezer to find .... an empty diner.  And the sun is out and very bright -- so what happened to all the dust and smoke that should be blocking the sun ?

And we have Kinship Hunter back as he smashes a glass of water on the floor.   Was he just playing possum ?  As Hunter attempts to slit his wrists, he fights off Joe with the broken glass, but Fivehead punches him and knocks his lights out.  And we get the smoky sun with the 7:15am title .... again as Kinship drones continue to walk past the diner. And Fivehead declares her allegiance to Joe until the bitter end.

Hunter figures out it's fear that gives him control over the infection -- as he tells some stupid tale about fear of dying young (whatever) -- And it's all Christine's doing that is keeping their emotions in check.  And that is what keeps them free of the Kinship.  FFS !

Somehow it took Julia and Big Jim nearly 3 hours to get from wherever they were on Bird Island back to the house (as the time is slowly revealed to be 3:57am) -- where the hell were they all this time ? The island just isn't tha big.  Julia fires up the Aktaion laptop as Big Jim goes to look for Indy.  As Julia plays with an app on the laptop that has a "Lost signal, reboot system" message displayed, Big Jim gets into the liquor.   The message said reboot system, why isn't she rebooting the system instead of rushing outside to look in awe at the site of all the meteors falling.  Except they should have been seeing that during their 3 hour walk after they rushed away from that big meteor.  WTF ?

Big Jim and Julia wax all philosophic about the end times over drinks.  And it is 7:15am again (with the terrible CGI ... again).  Big Jim and Julia have been drinking for 3 hours straight and Julia is getting weepy over her dead husband.  Man there is a lot of filler in this episode.  Big Jim and Julia finally nod off to sleep only to awaken to the sounds of Indy barking.  But what time is it now ??   Why is there no placard showing the time ?   Big Jim really manhandles Indy -- aggressively so -- and there's the time.  It's now 8:22am -- after staying up all night and splitting a bottle of booze, they were only asleep about an hour (how exactly ?) -- and they both notice a bright in the distance that is not the sun.   It's a wall of flame -- just as Lyle predicted.  Oh nooooess !!!!  Plus, Eva mentioned something about firestorms earlier, so I'm thinking all of this is Eva's imagination while Christine is in the pod.

And it's 1:13am ... again ... and we're back in the tunnels by Christine's pod with Junior.  Junior declares that he is going to go get Sam just as Christine asked, as we see Sam washing the blood off his hands while taking a shower.  And after he gets out of the shower, he takes a walk outside while being watched by the Kinship -- at 3:57am.  Why did he take so long to wash the blood off his hands and take a shower ? Sam notices his first meteor impact on the Dome -- which is odd in that they have been falling for nearly 3 hours at this point -- and he goes to the diner.  I'm still curious how Sam knew to go to the diner.

Junior goes to Town Hall and asks a redshirt if he has seen Sam and everyone in town hall points in the same direction towards the diner (like the pod people in 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers').   Cut to Sam telling the Dynamic Trio to stay in the freezer as he whips out his now clean knife to defend himself, but once he hears Junior's voice he puts the knife away and plays nice.  According to the two clocks on the walls of the diner, it's now around 4:12am -- wouldn't the batteries in those clocks have been taken ages ago ?  Anyway.

Junior tries to justify to Sam why he took injured Christine to the caves -- because why not ?  Apparently it takes 3 hours to walk to the caves because it is now 7:15am and Sam and Junior are walking to the caves in a woods full of redshirts that appear to be walking around.  There's no way it takes 3 hours to walk to the caves -- did they take the scenic route ?  All of the redshirts encircle the tunnel entrance as Junior and Sam talk about the destruction that took place on their home planet.  WTF ?  Considering it's 7:15am, why is the sun so high in the sky ?  It looks like it's nearly noon.  Junior says that the redshirts/drones won't follow them into the cave because they are special, Sam and Junior and Barbie and Eva, because they all have a purpose.

Junior finally tells Sam that he spoke to Christine post-stabbing and that's why he brought her to the caves, which sparks some concern in Sam so he whips his knife out.  Junior turns out the flashlight and hides so that he can punch Sam for hurting Christine.  Junior gets in several punches before Sam gets in some jabs and they struggle in the darkness.

And its 8:22am as we find Barbie running through the woods as he spots the wall of flame approaching the Dome wall where Barbie sees people driving up to the Dome wall and jumping out of their cars to start pounding on the Dome walls to try and get in.  Except, there's a 40 ft. trench outside the Dome from where the Dome contracted -- none of these people should be able to pound on the Dome.  And there's the proof that this is all bullshit. 

Eva shows up suddenly and tells Barbie that he can't help the people outside the Dome (that must be Barbie's 'big fear').  At least Eva put her shirt back on before coming down from the firehouse tower.  And as Eva convinces Barbie that he belongs with the Kinship and really pushes the hard sell on him, even more people are seen running towards the Dome as the wall of flame approaches.  And Barbie finally relents and reaches for Eva's hand and they turn away from the Dome wall as everyone outside is incinerated and Barbie rips off his dogtags (blah, blah, blah something related to Julia).

And were back to Junior and Sam wrestling on the floor next the Christine's pod, as they wait for the pod to open, with Junior restraining Sam, as Christine starts to break out of the pod.

Big Jim and Julia go back inside the house as Julia starts to lose it over the fact that they are the last people on earth -- except for all the other people under the Dome.  Indy barks -- he's such a good watchdog -- and Hunter, Joe and Fivehead show up at the house.  So, they managed to walk all the way to the lake, load up Hunter and his wheelchair into a boat and row across the lake, then unload Hunter and his wheelchair and roll him over uneven terrain to this house in about an hour.  Yet it took Junior and Sam 3 hours to walk from the diner to the caves.  What gives ?

Fivehead tells Julia that there is a way to save the town -- "emotion".  And it is such a badly acted delivery.  But they decide forge ahead and form 'the Resistance' right then and there as Big Jim hands out the assault rifles.  The camera pans back to the laptop that Julia left running (it must have a kickass battery to be left running all night long) as the signal lost message changes to 'Incoming Communication' and we hear the voice of a woman say "Is anyone there ? Please confirm. I repeat is anyone there ?  Please confirm."

So how does the satellite communications suddenly start working again ?  Was the Dome dislodged by the meteor impact ?  I'm kidding since my money is that the entire meteor storm and wall of flame are all bullshit and it's just the Dome being the Dome and fucking with everyone.  Because why not ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 7

Well, this was a downer episode.  Rocks fall, everybody dies!

I felt like laughing with Julia when she said that they're the only humans left.  What a group to carry one humanity.  Yeesh.

And Barbie is a total tool.  But he's a cute tool with amazing eyes.

• Love 2

Before this airs...I am hoping what is seen in the previews turns out to be some sort of illusion created by the dome...because if it is legit then the writers will have painted themselves into a corner for any future seasons.

That hasn't stopped them before, remember all of the people who just so happened to pop up under the dome when convenient.

*The narrative drive would be lost....there would be no point in trying to escape the Dome...it would be like Star Trek Voyager if the ship had no reason to try and get home again, the castaways on LOST or GILLIGAN's ISLAND for that matter no longer having any reason to try and get off the islands....a big DEAD END.

Is there any narrative at this point?  These are the same people who blindly wanted to follow Jim and refused to leave the dome last season.  This show has been one big dead end.

* Also no more cheating bringing in characters from outside the dome to freshen things up...that avenue cut off forever.

This is a terrible idea if that is what they do tonight.

Unless the series actually ends, they'll keep abusing this to dump in new characters to replace the nobodies they killed off.

Well, this was a downer episode.  Rocks fall, everybody dies!

I felt like laughing with Julia when she said that they're the only humans left.  What a group to carry one humanity.  Yeesh.

And Barbie is a total tool.  But he's a cute tool with amazing eyes.

Yep. I like how things were handled way better in the book tbh.

One minute he had a clue, and the next minute any and all common sense flew right out the window. Guess who was not thinking with his bigger head ;)?

• Love 3

That. . . . was. . . . Awesome!

Seriously, they have totally embraced the camp and I am truly entertained. One punch Norrie, frenemies Jim and Julia, Indy. . .

They probably should have dropped the mike with this episode, because it will not be topped on the unintentionally hilarious scale. "Meteorites are thousands of times more powerful than a bomb." "Uh, yeah.  . . right."

• Love 4

Why are they all so convinced the entire earth is destroyed? Maybe the meteors only effect the areas near the dome. They didn't seem as big as the ones that killed all the dinosaurs and small meteors have hit the earth without killing everyone since then.  And normal science/logic doesn't apply to the dome.

Also, what did those people from outside the dome expect Barbie to do?  Open the invisible door and let them in?  I know there's a way in, but it's not like they'd have any reason to suspect that seeing as how the world believes everyone is trapped in Chester's Mill.

• Love 1

Yep. I like how things were handled way better in the book tbh.

Oh, I just remembered what happened in this episode is the opposite of what happened in the book (people in dome flash fried, people outside watch in horror)

• Love 1

Oh, I just remembered what happened in this episode is the opposite of what happened in the book (people in dome flash fried, people outside watch in horror)

Yea I vaguely remember that. Gotta re read it again. It's been too long.

• Love 1
(edited)

What the hell, Under the Dome?  Of all the shows out there, you guys really think you are capable of doing a Rashomon-style episode, that ends with the tragic deaths of people, including children?  Really?!  You?!  You are barely capable of producing schlock, let alone trying to be an art house flick or some shit.  Know your place, Under the Dome!

But, anyway!  So, basically the pink starts turned into meteors of some kind, dropped everywhere on the planet (or that's the assumption), which then caused more debris to cause more explosions, and then a wall of fire engulfed everything that wasn't under the dome (again though, that's just an assumption.  There is no proof for this).  So, now everyone thinks that they are what's left of the human race.  Yeah, if that's the case, we're screwed.  Really, I'm more concerned that Indy is the only dog left.  Poor Indy!  The last dog on Earth!

By default almost, Jim/Julia ends up somehow being the best thing about this episode, mainly because the actors seemed to realize how stupid this was and just rolled with it.  Hell, I wouldn't have blame those two if they actually slipped some real alcohol into those prop glasses.  I'm sure that would help getting through the day.  Either way, no surprises.  They hate each other, but realize they are the only ones who aren't lame drones or Christine's minions, so they might as well stick it out. But now, they've got the trio of Joe/Norrie/Hunter here to help!  Yep, they figure out that emotions can counter Christine's effects, so they're going to.... well, I really don't know what the hell their plan is.  I'm sure it will be stupid.

Meanwhile, Barbie manages to not get thwarted by a topless Ava, but does somehow join Team Christine, after seeing all those people die (especially the kids!  Not the kids!!).  Doesn't make a lick of sense, but OK then.  You're such a doofus, Barbie.  On the other hand, Sam still refuses, but he gets his ass kicked by Junior (ha!), and now is getting ready to feel the wrath of a newly cocooned Christine.  At least he did help Joe/Norrie, I guess.

The big reveal at the end is that someone is still alive outside of the dome, and calling for help over the radio.  I was really hoping the camera panned was going to reveal Indy at the computer, plotting something evil.  Team Indy!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 5

Oh, snap it certainly appeared real and not an illusion...however that last bit with the computer gives a slender thread of hope that perhaps in the season finale it will be revealed to be a big fake out otherwise....

Who knew the end of the world would be such a nonchalant happening for our "heroes"...even Joe doesn't seem remotly troubled by  the notion that his parents on the other side of the dome had to be flash fried somewhere in the catastrophe but then again he barely blinked when his best friend Ben died and yet he's all about Angie's death.

And when the computer wiz was screaming he wanted to die and was about to slice his wrists I was like "let him do it already!" It was really getting annoying.

• Love 1
Fivehead tells Julia that there is a way to save the town -- "emotion".  And it is such a badly acted delivery.  But they decide forge ahead and form 'the Resistance' right then and there as Big Jim hands out the assault rifles.

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong?

Oh, snap it certainly appeared real and not an illusion...however that last bit with the computer gives a slender thread of hope that perhaps in the season finale it will be revealed to be a big fake out otherwise....

I'm expecting the series to end that way with the way things have been going.

And when the computer wiz was screaming he wanted to die and was about to slice his wrists I was like "let him do it already!" It was really getting annoying.

Exactly, and it's what I've said in another thread, he's pointless and it's worse that he's become more and more annoying, I can't blame the people jumping to their deaths.

• Love 1
(edited)

If emotion is the thing that frees people from the kinship, then how was Barbee not freed by seeing the people outside the dome?

I was wondering the same thing when watching this episode. Barbie was feeling a lot of emotion when he watched the frantic outside people (and little girl) pounding on the Dome wall. But reading the recaps above reminded me that Junior said that he, Sam, Barbie and Eva were "special" - unlike the rest of the townspeople who were "drones".  So I'm thinking that maybe emotion is irrelevant when it comes to the special people, who have to decide with free will to join the Kinship. The new hierarchy would be Christine as the Queen of the hive, the special people as her lieutenants, and the everyone else as the drones with a hive mind.  Assuming this is true, the episode did a poor job of explaining.  If it's not true, then the episode was just poorly written and the show poorly developed (no surprise).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

So I'm thinking that maybe emotion is irrelevant when it comes to the special people, who have to decide with free will to join the Kinship.

Special is code word for making up nonsense.

• Love 4

Umm, here's the thing -- the Dome is very strong, but as we've seen in previous episodes that air gets through and so can water can get through.  I would think that some of the energy from that meteor impact had to make it through the Dome and at least singe the land inside.

Not necessarily, but if air and water can get in, how about enough of that smoke to suffocate everyone?

I felt like laughing with Julia when she said that they're the only humans left.  What a group to carry one humanity.

You'd also have the personnel in military installations designed to survive an all-out nuclear war, and, for a while at least, at places buried deep for various reasons (e.g. security) but lacking in supplies. The laugh was really bad acting, but I couldn't help but wonder if it was written in after the actress laughed in rehearsal at the terrible writing.

Not necessarily, but if air and water can get in, how about enough of that smoke to suffocate everyone?

They're already suffocated, since all the oxygen left the dome to help feed the flames.

• Love 2

Great job Sam ! You got outwitted and outfought by Junior ! Maybe you should just stick with attacking unsuspecting women.

If that wall of flame covered the earth why am I still here to watch this ?

Great job Sam ! You got outwitted and outfought by Junior ! Maybe you should just stick with attacking unsuspecting women.

If that wall of flame covered the earth why am I still here to watch this ?

You're in hell.  :)

• Love 2

My theory I have come up with about the computer communication at the end is the dome IS doing a big fake out and to t h e outside world the dome probably now appears opaque as it has before and that is why someone is trying to reach the science team.

Apparently, it was alumni week in the writers' room because there must have been some people in there who had seen some of the previous episodes.  They mentioned Julia's dead husband, the female sheriff's death by magnet, the preacher's end of days ranting, the seizure twins and the big freeze.  It also seems likes someone has recently watched "Inside Out" - hey, emotions!

I am looking forward to seeing how the gang of 5 get the drones to feel emotion.  I am picturing them slapping people to make them angry or performing some Three Stooges routines to get them to laugh - Julie tries to poke big Jim in the eyes, but he throws up a hand and blocks her, while Norrie, Joe, and Hunter throw pies at each other (what food shortage?).

However, they made a point of specifying that anger helped Norrie, grief helped Joe, and fear helped Hunter, implying that it takes a specific emotion to snap a person out of the kinship. This would explain why anger (punching the wall) and sympathy/compassion/caring (people in the firestorm) didn't do anything to help Barbie.  

If it needs to be a specific emotion, I hope Barbie has to feel "sexual excitement" to become human again. Just think what that would do to Ava's self esteem - first Barbie walks away from her advances - twice! - and then sex with her turns him away from the kinship.  

In his effort to keep Hunter alive, Joe is willing to kill anyone who walks into the diner? 

How did the Junior and Sam fight end up?  I know Christine's hand poked out of the cocoon, but did one of the guys kill the other? Who won? I had trouble paying attention during that scene.

When I heard the laptop voice, my first thought was - Penny?

Edited by needschocolate
  • Love 4
In his effort to keep Hunter alive, Joe is willing to kill anyone who walks into the diner?

It still amazes me that he took that swipe with the knife blindly without knowing who it was -- it could have been Barbie or Julia for all he knew.

How did the Joe and Sam fight end up? I know Christine's hand poked out of the cocoon, but did one of the guys kill the other? Who won?

I think you mean Junior and Sam's fight  but we don't know.  Junior and Sam battled for a while until Junior got the upper hand and was restraining Sam as Christine's hand poked out of the pod -- that was it this episode.

When I heard the laptop voice, my first thought was - Penny?

Nice. Though I didn't see a copy of 'Our Mutual Friend' anywhere in that house, so I'm pretty sure that Big Jim and Julia aren't going to die anytime soon.

• Love 1

Apparently, it was alumni week in the writers' room because there must have been some people in there who had seen some of the previous episodes.  They mentioned Julia's dead husband, the female sheriff's death by magnet, the preacher's end of days ranting, the seizure twins and the big freeze.  It also seems likes someone has recently watched "Inside Out" - hey, emotions!

Must've been someone who watched some recaps of the previous seasons.

• Love 2

The show has LONG AGO diverged from the book, I think that's pretty apparent!

Yep. I remember how Junior turned out in the book. Way different than here, same with his daddy.

At this point, the only similarity we have with the book is a few of the characters' names.  As a Constant Reader, I'm extremely disappointed that Uncle Steve is still associating himself with this dreck - it's not like he doesn't already have more money than he can spend in a dozen lifetimes.

The only one I care about is Indy.

Same here. Within the show universe I'm glad Indy's back, but as a viewer I have to note that he looked more like he was trying to get away when Big Jim was hugging him than being happy about the situation.  It would appear that of the entire cast, only Indy is self-aware enough to be embarrassed to be in this show.  Good doggie!

And not for nothing,, but (since I'm not an astrophysicist like Eva) how would a meteor shower cause a wall of fire? If stuff is going to ignite after being hit by a meteor, wouldn't it just burn as opposed to rolling in like a tsunami?

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Love 4

Within the show universe I'm glad Indy's back, but as a viewer I have to note that he looked more like he was trying to get away when Big Jim was hugging him than being happy about the situation.  It would appear that of the entire cast, only Indy is self-aware enough to be embarrassed to be in this show.  Good doggie!

Yup, poor Indy.

And not for nothing,, but (since I'm not an astrophysicist like Eva) how would a meteor shower cause a wall of fire? If stuff is going to ignite after being hit by a meteor, wouldn't it just burn as opposed to rolling in like a tsunami?

Must be the same 'logic' that Rebecca the science teacher uses, just trot out the character for some ridiculous explanation.

At this point, the only similarity we have with the book is a few of the characters' names.  As a Constant Reader, I'm extremely disappointed that Uncle Steve is still associating himself with this dreck - it's not like he doesn't already have more money than he can spend in a dozen lifetimes.

Same here. Within the show universe I'm glad Indy's back, but as a viewer I have to note that he looked more like he was trying to get away when Big Jim was hugging him than being happy about the situation.  It would appear that of the entire cast, only Indy is self-aware enough to be embarrassed to be in this show.  Good doggie!

Me too, but tbh, it's not the first time that something of his has failed/flopped or done badly. *shrugs* So it's not a huge deal.

At the end of the day, it's a business. Once the show loses enough audience or enough people leave, it'll probably be canceled. Like any other show that isn't doing well or whose writing has gotten to the point where it doesn't make sense anymore.

It still amazes me that he took that swipe with the knife blindly without knowing who it was -- it could have been Barbie or Julia for all he knew.

Well Barbie would easily block a knife strike because he's a ninja and Julia would have a bandage for an episode or two outside her clothing and would be fine. Julia has shrugged off bullet wounds, a knife wont delay her long. Also everyone in this place should be suffering from PTSD so a little irrational behaviour isn't unexpected.

• Love 4
Julia has shrugged off bullet wounds, a knife wont delay her long. Also everyone in this place should be suffering from PTSD so a little irrational behaviour isn't unexpected.

I noticed that Julia's leg bandage on top of her jeans disappeared this episode.  Is her leg fully healed after being impaled during that ambulance wreck ?  I really doubt that, but it sure looks like she has shrugged it off just like Big Jim has shrugged off the bullet wound to his shoulder and that wound to his foot where Julia stabbed him.  And these are the two people who weren't in the pods that magically heal people -- like Junior's shoulder gunshot wound and Hunter's eyes (since he no longer needs glasses).

The meteors ignited the trees and that created a forest fire that turned into a wall of flames that rolled in like a tsunami, except that the trees should have all been destroyed by the bomb that the government blew up in an effort to bring down the dome (or maybe they had another reason) and there is a (supposedly) huge trench around the dome because of the dome contracting, and the trench should have worked well as a fire break.  But I am not an astrophysicist or even an anthropologist. 

• Love 2

Also everyone in this place should be suffering from PTSD so a little irrational behaviour isn't unexpected.

I'm not sure about PTSD, they've been through disaster after disaster and they don't act like anything is wrong, they blindly follow people as their leader like brainwashed sheep.

• Love 1
The meteors ignited the trees and that created a forest fire that turned into a wall of flames that rolled in like a tsunami, except that the trees should have all been destroyed by the bomb that the government blew up in an effort to bring down the dome (or maybe they had another reason) and there is a (supposedly) huge trench around the dome because of the dome contracting, and the trench should have worked well as a fire break.  But I am not an astrophysicist or even an anthropologist.

And that trench formed from the Dome contraction is why no one would be pounding on the outside of the Dome -- remember last season when Barbie's dad was at the Dome's edge and they had to use a ladder to partially bridge the gap ?   Which is why I think that the whole thing meteor shower and firestorm is just bullshit fabricated by the Dome.

• Love 3