Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Girl Jesus

I thought I loved someone once. I thought she could save me. I thought that she was my savior—girl Jesus. I got it all mixed up, and it wasn't love—it was insanity.

I still think this is Hanna. Daniel was so young, so his feelings at the time were likely to be heightened and naive. It might be Tawney, but I'm still leaning toward Hanna.

• Love 1

Throwing this one against the wall--I had no idea who Daniel was talking about. But I guess since he's been on death row all that time there are limited potential Jesus candidates. 

Maybe there was a pen pal we don't know about.

Also, I'm confused about the senator scene. Some recap I read described the woman in his hospital room as being his daughter. Did someone just pull that out of their ass? 

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 1

I'm confused about the senator scene. Some recap I read described the woman in his hospital room as being his daughter. Did someone just pull that out of their ass?

That was Marcy from the diner, his former mistress.

I was deeply engaged with this episode. The story advanced, the acting was superb, and I feel as if I'm watching real people. Even the couples therapy session rang true to life. Although if I were a therapist, I'd avoid working from home.

And a miracle has occurred - I didn't loathe Amantha.

I thought Daniel was referring to Hannah as his lost love.

The kiss was evocative of real life. Toxic unhealthy relationships are usually two steps forward and one step back. Tawney is at a juncture between her old life and an unknown new life and she's struggling with direction.

I thought the waitress fled the senator's hospital room because he's still a lech. She visited out of compassion, made the effort to help him, and despite his severe immobility he managed to grab her hand and force it on him. His drive to dominate runs deep and she recoiled.

I'm lovin' the sheriff trying to get to the bottom of this thing.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1

I thought the waitress fled the senator's hospital room because he's still a lech. She visited out of compassion, made the effort to help him, and despite his severe immobility he managed to grab her hand and force it on him. His drive to dominate runs deep and she recoiled.

I didn't see him at all as a lech, not post-stroke. He put his hand on hers -- perhaps awkwardly because, well, he just had a stroke and can't control his body like before -- and held her hand to him because he appreciates her visiting him, wants affection, wants her affection, wants human contact. She peeled his hand off of hers because she was revulsed by the messiness of the effects of a stroke.

• Love 3

Anyone wanting just easy answers and everything tied up in a nice bow all the time are watching the wrong show. I feel many of you are seeing this show based on dramas you've watched before that are/were not on a par with the ultra-reality of this program. This is one of the most realistic dramas I've sever come across, esp. on American tv. 

Actually SusanSunflower, Daniel had to deal with other prisoners regularly. The prisoner next to him would talk to him from their room. This could be good, as the case with the first prisoner we see him talking to, who he becomes close to, or very bad, as in the case of the guy who would always try to antagonize Daniel. That guy was a real piece of work. 

• Love 1
On 8/7/2015 at 6:29 PM, peeayebee said:

I didn't see him at all as a lech, not post-stroke. He put his hand on hers -- perhaps awkwardly because, well, he just had a stroke and can't control his body like before -- and held her hand to him because he appreciates her visiting him, wants affection, wants her affection, wants human contact. She peeled his hand off of hers because she was revulsed by the messiness of the effects of a stroke.

the camera angle kept implying that the senator was checking out her cleavage and rear end. And then he forced her to touch him. I think she felt uncomfortable and also surprised that even in his state he was still checking her out.