Type keyword(s) to search

Austin Matelson: He Will Never Be "Judas" To Me

Since we're already at Week 5 and we don't have any HG topics yet, I figured I should start a few.  

Austin is a very interesting case; he doesn't look like a super fan, but he clearly is.  Here he is hosting Afterbuzz's coverage of the Amanda/Elissa double-eviction back in S15:

Another thing I only learned recently was that Austin was actually cast for last season, but had to leave during pre-sequester due to an issue with his girlfriend.  (Yes, the same girlfriend he's dumped while in the house this year.)  Hayden was the alternate who got in because Austin walked.  Imagine the Austin/Nichole showmance we missed.  Imagine Austin and Caleb in the same house…

Yes, he's gotten very creepy with the ladies (among signals he's missed from Liz are "staaaaaaahp", "I hate you", "get awwwwwwf me" and a random change of subject to "was there always a car there?", and that's just from one conversation) and yes his ego is out of control, but I can't hate him yet.  He's being loyal to his people, and his people are people I like, so I can live with him for a while longer.  JMO.

And, much as "Judas" is never going to happen, I did like his line on winning HoH:  "With great power comes…Judas".  Canned, but effective.  He just has to learn to let it go.

Or maybe Judas just needs a new hat?  Something in a nice fedora, maybe.  Or perhaps a bowler?  Sombrero?  The possibilities are endless…almost.

I kind of wonder if production told him the "Judas" hook wasn't flying and to maybe consider instead becoming this season's Caleb.  

The only thing about his look that bothers me is the stupid beard ponytail.  I want to snip it off.  

I hate that they have been giving him so much DR time on the episodes, especially on last week's shows. For a while, it looked as if production had chosen him as their go-to narrator. Blech.

• Love 2

I kind of wonder if production told him the "Judas" hook wasn't flying and to maybe consider instead becoming this season's Caleb.  

The only thing about his look that bothers me is the stupid beard ponytail.  I want to snip it off.  

I keep praying Liz will say something about really not liking facial hair and see if that will entice him to shave off the entire beard. At the very least, wait until he's asleep and cut the ponytail off. However, given my repulsion for facial hair, including mustaches, I vote for clean-shaven. Not the top of the head, though. I love long hair on guys, like '90s Eddie Vedder and late '80s Bono.

This has been in a lot of places; no reason it shouldn't be here, too:

tumblr_ns8o17u5vv1uafkuoo1_500.gif

And yes, that's Liz.  There's a longer version on YT, which ends with James rushing in and giving Austin a chair shot, but I think most of Austin's "fans" will enjoy the endless cycle of the .gif format more.

• Love 1

They can go on the wrestling circuit as a tag-team trio!

I keep praying Liz will say something about really not liking facial hair and see if that will entice him to shave off the entire beard. At the very least, wait until he's asleep and cut the ponytail off. However, given my repulsion for facial hair, including mustaches, I vote for clean-shaven. Not the top of the head, though. I love long hair on guys, like '90s Eddie Vedder and late '80s Bono.

Yes, he should pick one and go with it. If he wants long, unruly hair, then lose some or all of the facial hair, or at least keep it well-trimmed. If he wants facial hair, then keep the head hair short. He needs to follow Coco Chanel's advice to look at yourself in the mirror before going out and take one piece of jewelry off.

• Love 1

Non-spoiler alert. This is from the live feeds spoiler thread:

I don't think Austin washes his hair or beard at all (I'm dry heaving right now thinking about it). I've seen many references to him not washing his hair or face while showering. Also not washing his hands after using the bathroom.
He was just in the shower, used no soap and didn't wash his hair and then put on the same shorts he had been wearing earlier. Yesterday in the HN room, Meg and Jackie kept complaining about something stinking and joking that it was because Austin had been sleeping in there for a week. It turned out to the brussel sprouts that Becky was cooking in the kitchen but still. I know Liz has complaining about his hair smelling multiple times.

Why am I not surprised? And, GROSS!

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 1