Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: eps1.5_br4ve-trave1er.asf

• Start Topic

Yep! Not unusual, either - Swedes and Danes are generally pretty good at understanding each other and able to carry on a conversation speaking their own languages. (Not me, though. When I go to Denmark I speak English. The wife could be saying something completely different to what they're captioning and I'd never know.)

I think it depends on where you're from in Sweden - skånsk is closer sounding to Danish, than if you're from Stockholm or further up. What the wife says is actually closer to the captioning than Tyrell's - except when she said that the wife of the CTO wanted to be wanted; she said "begæres" which is a stronger word than "wanted" in Danish, implying both a submissive and strong sexual undertone. Which I thought was interesting.

• Love 2

I think it depends on where you're from in Sweden - skånsk is closer sounding to Danish, than if you're from Stockholm or further up. What the wife says is actually closer to the captioning than Tyrell's - except when she said that the wife of the CTO wanted to be wanted; she said "begæres" which is a stronger word than "wanted" in Danish, implying both a submissive and strong sexual undertone. Which I thought was interesting.

*snort* The sad thing is, I *am* skånsk, right on the Swedish side of the bridge, and should be able to make it out better than I can. I didn't notice about 'begæres' - you're right, that's a bit stronger/different than just 'want' and it makes sense for her to use.

• Love 1
On 7/30/2015 at 10:56 PM, cpcathy said:

After enjoying last week's episode a great deal, I found this a little dark. But wow, Rami Malek, just wow. I've loved his acting since the pilot and I just loved what he did with the final scene. I think he should really gun for an Emmy.

Update: he won the Emmy! And the show got a bunch of nominations.