Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

Episode 1:

"I'll Show You Crazy!"

The new season begins with the original cast unpacking their bags in Florida. In the opener, Hannah's new love interest divides the house; and Tiffany and Hannah funnel their way into an explosive smack down.

Airs August 20, 2015.

Murray and his goosebumps over a road trip with Daddy made me laugh. And I loved Mattie's sister teaching her how to say "I'm sorry" in Spanish…just in case.

Oh Lauren, at.least you have some self-awareness about how psychotic you sounded when you said you'd keep tabs on your boyfriend from afar.

And I died laughing when Hot Dog told Tiff that she didn't understand why Tiff didn't like her and Tiff responded, "Because you're a fake ass bitch!". Ha!

I also liked Mattie not getting involved with the fight. "No, ma'am, no ham, no turkey. Well, maybe turkey. A little bit." Hannah can, and should, fight her own battles and if she's gonna take on Tiff she best be prepared to battle long and hard.

Hannah was ragging on Tiff's weight but she's the one who's put some weight on since last trip. When she was packing her swimsuit bottoms I though "Holy cannoli" - those flowy tops ain't hidin' nothin'-- Sure, Tiff's still bigger than she is- she's a hefty gal- I just don't thing she has a frame for a size 2 or 4. Could she go down to an 8 or 10 & be super fit & trim- yeah, but hey, whatevs.

What's up with Daddy's face- is it a facelift? & looks like a Wild Lyle proposal coming up? I can't even. Tell me how long that lasts.

Lauren actually did something for the first time in 5 seasons, and it was not Purdy.

I'd be surprised to learn that Tiff is any bigger than a size 8 right now. She's a thicker girl in comparison to last season's Hot Dog or even Lil Bit, but she's not a big woman at all.

Yes, I think Tiff is within 10# of ideal size for her frame, and has pretty much stayed the same size through the series. But Hannah is a-packin' on the pounds

It got real.   Wow.  Real deep-seated stuff came out from Hott Dogg.  That was absolutely primal hate that came from Tiff.  On the fun side, Murray was great as he caught various charges made by the combatants.

I am actually a bit surprised that any of these fools' families agreed to be taped as they were packing.  

How long will the pool be usable?

They've ruined the series by encouraging the fighting. I hate it. I'm pretty sure the producers told Mattie to bunk with Lauren and Tiffany so that Hannah was odd girl out. Then we heard Lyle say that he doesn't like Hannah - what's that about? There seemed to be an undercurrent of everyone ganging up on Hannah.

And Lauren is trying to be Tiffany 2.0, with all the drunken flailing about. Epic fail.

Bring back the old good-natured gang.

They've ruined the series by encouraging the fighting. I hate it. I'm pretty sure the producers told Mattie to bunk with Lauren and Tiffany so that Hannah was odd girl out. Then we heard Lyle say that he doesn't like Hannah - what's that about? There seemed to be an undercurrent of everyone ganging up on Hannah.

And Lauren is trying to be Tiffany 2.0, with all the drunken flailing about. Epic fail.

Bring back the old good-natured gang.

I guess the houseful of Ashton-hate was ratings gold last season?

I think there is also natural resentment from the originals toward Hannah because she (& her relationship with Daddy) "caused" some rifts in the "family". That compounded with her being a sidechick-urned-girlfriend to Daddy's friend is creating tension.

First, the girls have an automatic hate for HD's being much, not a little, much prettier than they are.  After that, I got a very strong sense of HD being "above it all."   This really came out in the after PDS shows.  And yes, anyone who would have been brought in would run up against the whole "family" construction.

Lil Bit was probably my favorite, but I like Hot Dog.  I think most of Tiffany's issues with her stem from jealousy.  Tiff was flirting hard with Daddy until Hot Dog showed up and got all the attention.  

Lauren doesn't count because she's just a Tiffany follower.  If I could boot anyone it would be Lauren.  She brings nothing, and the fake drama this episode was exactly that, fake.

Wow, Mattie looks fantastic. I'll give her credit, she works really hard during their off time to get back into shape.  

Did Mattie say she had a Brazilian butt lift? Or did she say she looked like she'd had one?

A Brazilian cut bikini so her chicken flanks still out lol.

I didn't enjoy the fighting. I'm missing what exactly is so bad about Hott Dogg? I hate when these shows turn into a giant fight all the time and that's all the first episode was.

• Love 1

Episode 2:

"Blood, Sweat and Beers"

Tiffany deals with the fallout from her fight with Hannah. Meanwhile, a back flip gone wrong lands Murray in the hospital; and an emotional Lyle is haunted by a past relationship.

Airs August 27, 2015.

Tiffany beat up Hannah because she stole some guy from another woman?

But the apologies and reconciliation went quick.

Mattie goes crazy and the others call her out for her fake Martha persona.

Hannah gets threatened by another bigger female.

Mattie goes crazy and the others call her out for her fake Martha persona.

Enough with Mattie's desperate, tired Martha schtick. Even her "family" is sick of it. I noticed for all of her flailing about in the cab, and screaming about getting out, she didn't actually try to open the door. She's a terrible actress.

One thing that tickles me about Lyle is that he's a big grown man, yet he cries when he's sad. (And usually drunk.)

Anyone else think Lauren is faking the "I feel sick" so she can just lay around in bed? I wish they'd replace her.

Edited by pasdetrois

I can't wait for Hannah's new man to cheat on her. There's a reason the saying goes, "If they'll cheat with you, they'll cheat on you". And when he does, I'm sure she'll look to everyone to give her all the sympathy and I hope they have none, just like she doesn't give two shits about the girl who's boyfriend she's banging.

• Love 2

I think the gang is sick of Martha's antics, but they know production is encouraging the "character" so they go along with it. When she was flailing around in the cab they were all ignoring her, with the exception of Tiffany and Hannah, who have been cast in the roles of Martha-soother and victim. How many times over the series have we seen Mattie bring out Martha and then repent later? Eight, nine times? Plus, I get the sense that Mattie is phoning in her performance. She no longer seems engaged with any of the others. She and Lyle are showing up for the paycheck, and Mattie is hoping for an entertainment career.

I'd enjoy listening to some of the conversations that go on when the mics are off. I bet Murray, Walt, Lyle, Tiffany, and Lauren have a lot to say about Mattie.

For a guy who talks about sex all the time, Daddy never appears to actually have any.

Episode 4:

"Its Not a Dream, It's a Vision"

Daddy proves he has extra-sensory perception and predicts an exciting future for Walt; Lyle can't keep his mind off Santana and starts to think about taking their relationship to the next level.

Airs September 10, 2015.

Color me shocked that you can buy clothing bedazzled with the Bebe moniker after 2002.

I thought the same thing!!

I agree with Mattie and Lyle being over the show. They are still on because the money is good. It's starting to feel like Jersey Shore did during the final season. "Let's go to the gym together instead of drinking!" Not that there's anything wrong with that, in fact that's the better alternative, but I just notice a similar vibe to the final season of Jersey Shore.

The job...ugh. I would be gagging over the fishyness.

And the chest hair potato chips, gag gag gag!!!

Edited by CourtneyCourt

I might could be wrong about this, but my understanding is that Mattie and Lyle, in particular, have run afoul of the law in significant ways and are most likely on some heavy-duty probation.  If they get arrested for public incidents again, I bet they go to jail back home.  So....they would naturally be more reticent to go out and hit it hard.

Having said this, yes. the show and cast are tired and largely played out.  

Episode 5:

"Sagin' Cajuns"

Hurricane Martha hits the party house and the boys do their best not to let it ruin their night. The next day Mattie calls a family meeting to apologize and the housemates start airing out all their issues.

Airs September 17, 2015.

I enjoyed this one.  There were some timeless moments where each gender talked and acted as classic martians and venetians.  It really was funny when the guys conspired to keep Lauren's BF occupied and fed him as much booze as he would take.  Daddy's TH as to how he was "mentoring" a dude into his life's world view was a hoot, if not a tad tragic.

Those go carts looked awesome.  Why weren't they all bopping around there?  Is that not a classic opportunity to go all "Rebel?"  Here again, it was great seeing Lauren  not have her way with the BF.  Of course, no Rebel gal would want a wimp who would not take them out and do what it takes to win.  Yet our Lauren decides to get all butt hurt when he acts the (correct) part.  Perfect.  And true to the original concept of this series.

Lauren wants someone who doesn't exist: The elusive "perfect" boyfriend. If she got any sort of version of that, she still wouldn't be happy. I think she likes that they fight a lot so she always has a reason to break up with him. Meanwhile, Tiff and her boyfriend were fairly cute and normal.

Everyone, even Mattie, is done with Hurricane Martha…too bad she keeps showing up. Producer-encouraged, perhaps?

Tiff and her boyfriend are so cute!!!! Lauren needs a shrink not a boyfriend.... she was and is horrible to him!!!! She is constantly calling him stupid for any and everything.... if I were a dude, I would totally RUN!!!! Why the hell is she still on this show? So boring and has issues, more so than Mattie or Martha, at least she owns up to her shit.  So over Lauren.....I wanted Hotdog gone, but she can stay, Lauren, you need help.

• Love 1

Episode 7:

"Gone Girl"

The trip to Miami gets off to a great start until the sun goes down and shots get poured. When Mattie goes missing, Don "Daddy" Johnson is on the case. Back at the house, Lyle makes a life-changing decision.

Airs October 1, 2015.

Love her, but I think Mattie's had enough. She didn't even go out for the last night. Lyle and his proposal, I don't know what to think. Wonder how long they have been together. She's really pretty. Tiffany cracks me up, especially her having to poop in the taxi!

This one reeeeeeeally exposed the core lie of all this:  They ain't family and they ain't give a flip about being "Southern."

Above all else, being Southern is about honor.  There's being cool with others, which is more prevalent there in my experience, than any other region of the USA.  Then there's maintaining one's own honor - demanding basic respect and taking care of a situation when it is not forthcoming.  It just does not get more classic than a bar situation when someone deliberately tosses a drink ON you.  That is end of story.  Honor must be upheld.  No question.  No holding back.  No regrets.

If you are buddies with someone who has been dishonored, you are right there with him.  The miscreant must pay a price.  If you are family, you are even more danged sure to inflict pain on the cur.  

What did this bunch do?  Blame the victim!  

In the first season, there is no doubt they would all have rushed to Murray's defense.  Then, there would be endless THs about how it don't matter what it might cost them - one of their own was fixin' to battle.  In fact, even if Murray had started it all, they would have proudly spouted on as to how the Southern Code of Honor demands that you back friend and family no matter what.

Now?  Every last one of them moaned and groaned that they were inconvenienced.  Not one of them had Murray's back.  Pathetic.  

The other super ominous moment was when Mattie let it out of the bag that at least one of the girls has expressed physical fear of Murray and Walt!  Whoa.  

Daddy's tease/TH about how even he understands how he needs to clean for a "baboso proposal" was super funny.  He really can have a way with logic and words.  He really do.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 1

The other super ominous moment was when Mattie let it out of the bag that at least one of the girls has expressed physical fear of Murray and Walt!  Whoa.

I did not catch this. Maybe someone said it simply to create drama?

I have the impression that Mattie arranged with production to be available only part time for shooting. For example, they didn't address where she spent the night, after which she went to bed early and slept. It's like she's living a parallel life - I think she takes time off to pursue other entertainment opportunities. Notice how polished she appears in her THs, with the chignon and full makeup?

Did she have a friend in Miami and stay with him? Or, she was in her hotel room the whole time and they faked the disappearance.

When they all turned on Murrey it was ugly. Didn't like that at all. Mattie mouthing off about Murrey's weight was a low blow, especially given her obnoxious behavior over time.

I'm hanging on for this season but it's probably my last. The show is ruined.

• Love 1

Episode 8:

"The Bou to My Dreaux"

Lyle's girlfriend, Santana, comes to visit but she doesn't realize her life is going to change forever; the roommates get together to plan a perfect marriage proposal for Lyle.

Airs October 15, 2015.

I finally watched last week's show and Lyle diffusing Martha with a bacon burger may be the funniest thing on this show in a while.

And then his description of the shots followed by, " Where'd my friends go?" *DEAD*

The deep irony of Daddy loving a partying marlin, only to have her out party him to the point he throws her back in the ocean?  Most amusing.  Then Walt has her partner-in-crime pee the bed.  Awesome!   I loved this story arc.

If Boudreaux was really the sweet man we've seen the past couple of episodes, I would have much enjoyed the whole engagement deal.  Instead, I just imagined the degree of dysfunction Miss Santana must also have to settle for such a loser.  I hope like heck they do not create any little Boos.  I do have to admit the line, "WIll you be the Boo to my dreaux?" was pretty great.

Of course, we had to have the strife of Laurin and her BF edited in to prevent the whole ep from being just a fun one.  

I really liked that Daddy recognized that his girl was too drunk to consent and sent her home. It shows there is a more mature side to him.

And I really liked the house pulling together to make the proposal special for Lyle and Santana. I'll be surprised if they actually make it to the altar, though; and if they do, I'll be shocked if the marriage lasts more than a year.

Episode 9:

"Happy Birthday, Martha"

Lyle gets an answer to his proposal; the gang throws Mattie a 1980s skating birthday party; Tiffany learns some troubling news about Hannah's boyfriend; Martha redecorates the boys' bedroom.

Airs October 22, 2015.

"Get out of Martha free, card."  Score another one for Daddy!

Can Lauren get any more ridiculous?  Wait.  That is an infinite proposition, isn't it.  My bad.

I didn't understand why Murray was rapturous about the ray-killing jaunt.  They shot only one?  Methinks they killed a bunch of them and it was too gross to show us.  If they only bagged that one, how pathetic must they all have been as archers?  Didja notice the weak effort in trying to talk up the "southern" nature of the event just before they left the house?  

Walt was hysterically funny trying to keep his shiny pants on whilst frantically attempting not to go ass over tea kettle at the roller rink.  The food spread there looked soooooo good!  

More and more, they all have indicated how they just endure these "vacations."  This might could be the end. 

Episode 10:

"We Got It Goatin'"

The gang enjoy their last weekend in St. Petersburg and want to go out with a bang. Single Lauren hits the town; Murray catches a shark; Walt brings home an animal lover; and Hannah confronts Cody about his infidelity.

Episode 11:

"The After Party"

The cast reunites to rehash their latest vacation in St. Petersburg, Fla., including the good, the bad and the hurricanes.

Airing October 29, 2015.

How is it gonna work with engaged/married Boudreaux's in Savannah????  

Hard not to believe the goats had the most sense of the creatures at that house.  Did you see any cleaning being done?   Deposit?  Hahahaha.  As if they would be liable.

Props to Maddie for getting back so perfectly at Walt.  That really was one of the best pranks in the entire series.  

This season had the biggest farce of a "work" assignment yet.  TPTB aren't even trying anymore, are they?