Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E10: Top 18 Perform + Elimination

• Start Topic

Gene Gabriel ‏@GeneGabriel  3h3 hours ago

Missing #SYTYCDCanada make sure to watch @DANCEonFOX tomorrow night and see @sjtookey @JMGenereux and @cheesmansean

I'm NOT looking forward to Jean-Marc because he is such an idiot and I am totes looking forward to Sean Cheesman because I nearly always like his dances.  Sjt Tookey is usually pretty interesting but occasionally she is empty melodrama.  Hoping for the former.

(edited)

Isn't Stacey Tookey the one who always uses Celine Dion music from 1993?

That is Mandy Moore.  Stacey sometimes uses new music like Jar Of Hearts before it became popular.

To be fair, the biggest user of Celine was Mia Michels and she stopped using her music in Season 4 (she had used it once per season from S02). Of course we have had the Bench reprised a couple of times so that would bring her total up to 5.    ;-)

Mandy, OTOH, was known more for her tendency to be stuck in the 80s - music choice wise. She used Celine twice. Once in S08 and once in S11. But for most posters it was in keeping with her 80s fixation.

Stacey, IIRC, has never used Celine, but she did belong to a Mia dance troupe for a while, so was a protege of sorts, so maybe she gives off Celine vibes?  **once again ;-)**

Edited by Anothermi
  • Love 1

To be fair, the biggest user of Celine was Mia Michels and she stopped using her music in Season 4 (she had used it once per season from S02). Of course we have had the Bench reprised a couple of times so that would bring her total up to 5.    ;-)

Mandy, OTOH, was known more for her tendency to be stuck in the 80s - music choice wise. She used Celine twice. Once in S08 and once in S11. But for most posters it was in keeping with her 80s fixation.

Stacey, IIRC, has never used Celine, but she did belong to a Mia dance troupe for a while, so was a protege of sorts, so maybe she gives off Celine vibes?  **once again ;-)**

Yes, I was thinking that Mandy uses a lot of 80's music so that's why I thought she was the one that kept using Celine.  I didn't even realize that Mia used Celine that much.

Ah, at some point they all sort of blend together for me. Lol. Its not that I'm against the older music when appropriate, but one of the things I love most is hearing a song I've never heard before and discovering a new artist because of it.

Thanks for setting me straight, guys xox

• Love 2

Nigel tweeted that he will tweet the names of the bottom 3 for each team around 5:30 Pacific time so West Coasters can vote to save someone.

Now maybe we won't have to hear how the west coasters feel like step children. Good for Nigel for including everyone for the Twitter save.

• Love 2
(edited)

OMG WTF he suuuuuuucks they even SAID that he's terrible so why are they keeping him? He is AWFUL and I am SO tired of hearing about his shitfits with the choreography. Ugh.

Neptune was sexy as hell in the street group dance.

So if Team Stage has beaten Team Street the last two weeks, what does that mean exactly. That more people are voting for the stage dancers, so mathematically we don't even really have a true picture of the bottom six?

I giggled when tWitch said he was glad he never had the African dance in his season because IIRC Joshua did have it and killed it.

Oh I am also over Gaby. I don't know why but she bugs me.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 1

Redemption arc.  I think they made a mistake getting rid of  Burim instead of Asaf, but I knew when they basically said you sucked but you tried and patted him on the head, that it was all over for anyone else. Poo

I would have preferred it if Hayley and  what's his name ( I know that's not it but I want to call him Jarvis) had stopped the robot deal a bit sooner. Actually, quite a bit sooner.

• Love 7

Neptune is my breakout star of the season.  He shone in his both his pieces, and really took on two completely different characters so completely. 

I want Megz' abs. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Oh for fucks sake. Burim or whatever his name is, should have stayed since he actually succeeded in doing the choreography. BAh.

Edited by Watt
  • Love 9

Whats his name that danced the tobot reminds me of that one other adorable short street dancer that won that one year. God I'm terrible with names Lol.

Yeah Hailee and Virgil are huge hams, it got pretty ridiculous.

Asaf, idek. I'd be a little bitter if I was Burim but that's show business I guess. It's an odd choice to me that they set up this narrative about Asaf's attitude that doesn't encourage anyone to vote for him, then ramble on about his mythical improvement, then save him over more deserving dancers. But it's probably going to keep happening for weeks.

The idea that team stage has "beaten" team street is pretty silly to me. If I were planning to split ten votes unevenly between two favourite dancers, the extra vote would probably go to the one I thought was in bigger trouble. Cat, America is voting for team stage out of concern, not adoration.

Poor Paula, having to judge beside those two teenage boys. heh.

• Love 3

I giggled when tWitch said he was glad he never had the African dance in his season because IIRC Joshua did have it and killed it.

I had to look this one up, but you can trust tWitch on this one.  Joshua did the 1st Bollywood dance on the show (ever) with Katee. tWitch and Joshua had to suffer through doing a Russian Trepak (after being hospitalized for dehyration and exhaustion for a brief time in the week where this was the top males dance together) which has never been performed since. I think African dance might have been preferred over Trepak -  not to mention the Highland themed Top 4 group dance Mia subjected them to. 

Asaf, idek. I'd be a little bitter if I was Burim but that's show business I guess. It's an odd choice to me that they set up this narrative about Asaf's attitude that doesn't encourage anyone to vote for him, then ramble on about his mythical improvement, then save him over more deserving dancers. But it's probably going to keep happening for weeks.

Pretty sure Asaf generates on-line "buzz" which is a producer's dream. They'll milk it for as long as they can.

I though Asaf looked like a lumbering oaf in that duet. He's awfully pretty but I just don't see him dancing at the level of everyone else. And that robot "stay in character" decision was about 5 minutes past cute.

• Love 7

For a brief, shining moment, I thought Pauler was going to get away with the "package" comment. But no...

Otoh, I was chuckling at home, because I am emotionally a 12 year old

• Love 2

When I heard Paula mention watching B1's package and they jumped on her, I told my husband they are sending B1 home. (As she may have been referring to his good-bye package.) Paula seemed so flustered. Sorry to see him go before Asaf. I really would have been upset if it was Ariana that left.

Asaf is really grating.  He can't dance and it's painful to watch.  Somehow I knew Nigel was going to keep him. He'll do something in his own genre next week and he'll be soooooooo improved...... ugh the scripting this year is worse than ever.  

• Love 7

dizzyfeet

@dizzyfeet

I find your lack of support for Asaf amazing. We base our judgement on speaking to the choreographers and the Team Captains. All of whom agreed.

Well, I don't.

Virgil and Hailey can stop.  I'm not sure I like Pharside and Phoenix - the concepts bug (this one and the heaven and hell one) as did the costumes.  Not as badly as the "jazz" costumes which did precisely nothing for anyone wearing them.

Asaf looked awful - Burim was pretty decent.  If I didn't know he was a b-boy, I'm not sure what I would have thought of his part of that African Jazz.

Kate bugs - still.  And yet when I watch her rehearsing, I'm all about how impressive her dancing is and how much I like her hair etc.  Something about her conscious presentation is offputting.  Gotta say that I loathe Alexia more though and Edson and Derek.  They can all go.

Loved both group numbers and am liking the way the trio routines break up the neverending couple feeling that I started getting about S5.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think I'm having a problem with this show on Mondays.  I think I prefer it as a midweek break than when I'm coming off a more intense workday when my mood is a little...sour. 

I don't understand why they move the cameras around so much.  I don't need a random 360 degree view, and the dancers are, y'know, moving.  I know it's cliche' at this point to complain about it but...it annoys me.  

The first dance, I skipped the behind-the-scenes and had no idea why it was an important piece America needed to see.  It was OK.  

The second I thought could have been really interesting because Megz is not the traditional feminine and those guys aren't the traditional masculine.  Would've been fun to see her play up that toughness and them a slightly different kind of attitude that I can't really put into words.  Except maybe the word "sassy," which i fear might be offensive somehow.  That didn't happen, though, and it came off to me like three people jumping around a stage.

By dance three I was kinda over it for tonight.  The choreo seemed simple, which I'm cool with because I don't think people have to be at risk of death.  But damn it was boring, like the second piece.

As far as team stage taking the vote again- I can't help but wonder whether the stage kids have better-positioned networks to support them in this endeavor than the street kids (to borrow Nigel's phrase).  Maybe they have studios to back them- didn't one of them get a shout-out from a "Dance Moms" kid last week?- which would help give them a bit of a boost.  I have trouble believing it's because they're more compelling, mostly because I don't know who they are.

I don't even know what the fuck that ballroom was.  Is that guy punking the show?  I'm not convinced he moved his feet, and I'm shocked that...even if you can't hit the moves you should demonstrate some awareness of music, right?  A little rhythm, maybe?  I think he's a nice guy, I think he probably worked hard off-screen- but I didn't see that so I kind of don't care.  I'm almost tempted to keep slogging through to see how he's saved.  Did someone else fall or injure their partner or something?

I may rewatch it, actually, because I can't quite wrap my head around what happened there...unless I put on my conspiracy theory hat and conclude that Nigel just elegantly took out both b-boys, created controversy to get Twitter going on a night that otherwise seems pretty dull, and kept an easy elimination in his back pocket.

Paula's pleasantly awesome.  So there's that.

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 4

Megz with makeup is fairly pretty,  Megz without makeup is Ralph Macchio (the Karate Kid).  Go back and watch her rehearsals this week and tell me you don't see Daniel-san.

LOL for real. I thought she looked a bit like Ruby Rose in the number!

I mean it's good to hear that Asaf is working hard, Nigel, but I mean come on that should be the lowest of the low bars for everyone on the show? I thought his Cha Cha with Marissa was absolutely painful to watch and I thought he flubbed quite a few steps. There was 0 chemistry between them so it was just kind of weird and awkward.

• Love 4

Megz owned that routine. 

I feel badly for Marissa since she did a very good job cha-cha-ing with a guy who can't cha-cha.  It was up to her to save the routine yet the judges criticized her for trying to steal focus away from Asaf.  Had he actually been the main focal point, as Jean-Marc intended, it would have been dancing road-kill. This way it could at least limp to the shoulder to die quietly. 

I loved the robot routine, and I didn't hate that they stayed in character. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Most of what I know of dancing is from watching this show and Dancing with the Stars, so I don't really know that much.

To me, the "brave" contemporary was boring. I thought Jaja didn't have the same technique in the arabesque type things, but her movements are so sharp and purposeful. I really like her.

The trio of hiphop was also boring, it didn't seem very difficult. Megz made me think of Justin Bieber, and they seemed to be all about having the swag but not the dance.

The jazz trio was okay, that's about all I have.

That cha-cha was ridiculous. You can tell that Asaf has no idea how to partner. I had to laugh in rehearsal when Travis? was telling Marissa to trust him more. I do not blame her at all for being worried about lifts!! She was amazing though, wish she hadn't been saddled with that nonsense.

The African jazz was awesome!! I loved the choreo, especially the girls' handspring flip lift. I really appreciated how fully committed they all were and it made it more enjoyable. 

Edited by P2C2E
  • Love 1

I am so over the flailing team contemporary dances each week. They are completely interchangeable from every other contemporary dance on the show. I blame Travis for the lack of diversity in the dances.

Team Street on the other hand has had much more variety in their performances.

I am really liking both Paula and Jason on the judge's panel. NIgel is annoying me. He'd never agree to it, but the show would be so much better without him on the panel.

• Love 1
(edited)

Let's see:

I thought Stacy Tookey summed up the fundamental flaw in the first trio nicely. You had 3 characters with diverse stories that had absolutely nothing to do with each other minus some random lifts that Derek had to do. It was a completely disconnected piece. I'm liking Alexia a little more each dance. She has some Katherine like qualities.

The hip hop trio....Paula's critique was spot on. Such a nothing dance. Megz tried to elevate it but she didn't have much help. Jim getting back to back hip hop seems a tad suspicious.

Marissa was fierce (she was back in her Xena: Dance Warrior Princess mode). Asaf on the other hand....I think he had one pass of semi-correct hip action, and that was his highlight for the entire dance. Rough.

Something about the music in JJ, Yorelis and Edson's piece felt really off. Like they were going at 3/4ths the right speed. I could tell JJ was struggling some w/ the technique required and I think she has a reason to be worried going into next week.

Neptune and Kate: I love getting beat over the head w/ a storyline whereas Kate's the ice queen, introvert dancer who doesn't give enough performance in her face....and we get camera work that obscures her face for 95% of the dance. I enjoyed it though, and the chemistry.

Visually, the African jazz trio had the most interesting dance. The beginning was definitely captivating. If Gaby and Ariana had someone on their level it could've battled the Robot piece for dance of the night. Unfortunately Burim stuck out like a sore thumb and dragged the overall quality down at least a couple notches. It was definitely the most I've liked Ariana, and Gaby did nothing to move her from frontrunner status on Team Stage...

Virgil and Hailee were best in show.

It feels like the first four eliminations have removed redundancies. Darion's removal clears the way for Jim as the lone ballet representative. Lily was too similar to JJ. Moises was too similar to Edson. And wrongly judged IMO..but Burim was seen as weaker and/or less buzz/controversy worthy than Asaf...

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 3

I miss Cat saying "jidges".

Everybody's lips were not matching their words.

WTF was with that first Tookey routine?  There wasn't anything there!  Derek was definitely the center of the performance, Alexia and Jaja didn't do much.

I thought Jim and Moises did a decent job with the hip hop, but when the close up of Megz was done, the camera pulled way back so I couldn't see what was going on.

Ouch, Edson's split looked painful!

Cha cha.  A ballroom routine. Even if it was probably the worst cha cha this show has ever done.  Asaf was horrible.

Having never seen "African jazz" anywhere but on this show (is it something Shawn Cheeseman made up?) is it always verging on racist like they do it on this show?  I'm always uncomfortable watching it. "I always enjoy watching your package."  LOL! DeRulo actually gave meaningful input.

I'm really liking Kate more and more, and I really liked that routine. Neptune is Eddie again? I don't think Nigel needed to talk about interracial couples.  That was strange.

I really liked the robot routine, for me the best routine of the night.  Loved the standing on the arm, loved when Hailee was standing over Virgil and they both moved leftwards, I wish they had done more of that. I didn't like how low the vocals were.  No, I don't think this routine will show up anywhere in 20 years.

I'm surprised they kept Asaf, I figured he'd be gone as soon as it came down to the judges to make a decision.  I'm glad they kept Edson.

Is it me, or did all of the routines tonight seem to be extra specially short?

I'm off to give all of my votes to Kate.

• Love 3

Asaf is not even that great in his own style. Why they kept him is a mystery. I can't imagine that any of the choreographers like working with him.

I guess I'm in the minority in HATING the robot routine. Gimmicky and twee. The prolonged mugging just made it nauseating.

I think the robot routine would have been rad with Fik-Shun and Amy.  Was probably my favorite of the night, but it felt a bit like a photocopy.

I was anticipating that this format would bring battles, which can have humor and whatnot, so I'm hoping that one week we get a Team Street routine where they full-on mock the flailing visual noise that is contemporary on this show.  Flow-y costumes and dramatic walking/reaching because emotions make moving hard and while you may fight (leap) when it's all over all you can do is take three slow steps forward.  Just mock the hell out of all of it.  And then Stage can mug for the camera or something.  The show needs to poke fun at itself, I think.

I don't blame Travis for contemporary.  At least a couple of his routines brought sex into it, albeit without subtlety.

• Love 5

Asaf pretty much gave up at the end of the Street group routine AND THEY KEPT HIM? I couldn't even watch the salsa. I tried, but...

I enjoyed Neptune so much last week, and really enjoyed him again this week. I hope he's gaining fans.

J.J. Is fading for me. I can't believe the judges didn't comment on her being half a beat behind a few times in the trio.

My eyes kept returning to Edson in his trio, and he'd been a bit of a nothing for me. I'm glad he was saved.

At some point when Travis was talking before or after a routine, all I could hear in my head was "it's got a great beat and you can dance to it." (Showing my age.) Like they're already running out of things to say.

Alexia seems like a very sweet person.

• Love 2
(edited)

Boo on keeping Asaf. Big, loud, long boo! The robot dance lost any appeal when the dancers continued the stchick for what felt like forever. Good grief! It quit being cute after 30 seconds & Cat even tried to get them to stop.

What the crap was the trio of veteran, abuse victim & single mother? I could not wrap my head around it. What was the point? Were they connected at all? It didn't matter how it was danced because the blithering beforehand snout the back story ruined it for me. It could've been a dog walker, a firefighter & a preschool teacher & made as much sense.

ETA:

"it's got a great beat and you can dance to it."

I'd give it a 83. Edited by ramble
  • Love 8

Yuck, this show was pretty unremittingly bad.  I guess the robots and the group numbers were ok.

Stacey Tookey trio: Jaja disappeared in that.  I was annoyed that she got so much praise and I also hated her slip.  Derek wasn't as good as I expected.  That left ALexia as the best one by default.

The hip hop trio was kind of a mess.  Maybe I liked Megz?  I think Moises is a cutie and I'm sad he was cut.  He was perhaps my favorite stage boy.  Jim looked silly.

Jazz trio: Edson had a few big moves.  I didn't really notice the girls.

Cha cha: Marissa was working it as hard as she could and should have been praised more.  (My impression is that she was doing respectably, too.)  That girl reminds me of those posable wooden dolls that artists draw.  She looks like a collection of muscles.  Asaf's pigeon toes were pretty awful, I won't lie.  I think Hok and Jamie's samba was worse, though, so there's that.  Poor Jean-Marc.  I feel like Nigel criticizes Jean-Marc more than he does most choreographers and it is unfair.  Not that Nigel is wrong about that not having much cha cha, but Nigel's inconsistency is annoying.  Anyway, I didn't enjoy it.

I thought the African jazz was ugly and uncoordinated.  And ugly.  And uncoordinated.  No one stood out in a good way.

Kate was lovely.  Was she dancing with Neptune?  I didn't notice.

Gaby is fading fast for me.

Robots were well done but had no soul for me.  And I didn't really care for the group pieces.

THe one good thing (sort of) was that we got real criticism.  And it was carried all the way through, which was sort of a downer, but in retrospect I appreciated that they tried to maintain a tone of seriousness.  Actually, the best part of the criticisms was watching Cat's looks of concern.  She definitely didn't seem like she had been briefed that there was going to be some actual bad news.

I don't care which b-boy they sent home.  I would have rather lost Edson.  

Twitch is a class act.

• Love 1

I didn't like the opening number at all.  Some girls in heels and skirts, some girls in Keds and haram pants, but they were split into guys and girls (except Megz).  Very choppy and disorganized looking.  I guess I just prefer more story-type dissimilar pieces like Wade's Top 20 Intro the season with Molleeeee and Nathan or the train station one (was that last year?) or the Puttin' on the Ritz Nappy Tabs opener, or I like the more synchronized, same look like the Mia "Higher Ground" group piece.

Nuff said about Asaf--he was awful in the cha cha and it made me admire Marissa more for doing as well.  Of course I thought Burim was awful and seemed a beat behind in the African jazz too, so I didn't really care who went home out of those two.

Agree with sending Moises home, at least based on tonight's performance, but I did love the tap dance he did with Gaby in the Broadway Team Stage number.

I also thought Neptune was great but didn't see any difference in Kate.  Agree that the interracial couple comment was jarring and weird.

I like Derek and think he's a beautiful dancer, and he did shine tonight.

I think JJ will be the next street dancer in danger (with Burim and Ariana).  She just doesn't seem to be holding up to the others. 

First comment I've really agreed with from Jason DeRulo, when he told Edson to flirt a bit during his dance.  He danced it perfectly but seemed stiff (cheerleader-y?)

Quite liked the final two group routines, especially the stage one.

I'm starting to think "two's company, three's a crowd". These trio routines just don't do it for me. The whole dynamic just seems confusing and off compared to the couples. They should have just paired each street dancer with a stage dancer of the opposite gender, and keep the couples the same for the first few weeks except when one-half of a couple gets eliminated.

I wonder if Daft Punk need a couple spare members. They could pick up Robot Virgil and Robot Hailee.

• Love 6

The only routine I watched all the way through was the robot dance.  I no longer watch the intros or the critiques, so these 2 hour shows just whizz by.  Most of the dances this week were boring or bad, so I don't really know how to feel about this season.  as for the guys up for elimination, I tended to like Edson more than Moises, so I was happy he stayed, and I didn't understand why Asaf stayed over Burim.  At least Burim actually looked like he was dancing in his routine.  Asaf looked like Joey Tribiani hanging out at a club.  He got to stay because he's cuter than Burim?  That's what it seems like to me.

• Love 6

It's like, they stack fully half the show with untrained dancers (and half the trained ones are the usual filler) and wonder why the live shows are awful. Please stop. Can I retract my earlier complaining about the original premise of keeping stage and street dancers separate until top ten? At least then maybe we'd get a few worthwhile dances each week. This was just depressing.

Also, fuck Asaf. Was that tweet from Nigel legit?

(edited)

First I have to address Nigel's comment. I couldn't believe that he said that. And the look on Neptune's face said exactly what I was thinking. It was a combination of "Did he really just say that?" and "WTF?" I know that racism is alive and well even today so I believe that there are ignorant racist people who would complain about interracial dancing on television. But he got "so many" complaints about a "white girl dancing with a black guy"? Exactly how many is "so many," Nigel? Then of course I was wondering exactly which routine elicited "so many complaints" during S1. Was it when Jamile danced a jive with Ashlé? Or when Jamile did the quickstep with Snow? I was just shaking my head when Nigel said how far we have come in ten years, as if SYTYCD somehow sparked a civil rights movement.

Next, poor Paula. There are times on reality shows when you can tell that a judge or contestant has come up with a line ahead of time. When she said she liked watching Burim's package it seemed obvious to me that she didn't realize what she had said until a few seconds later and then of course Nigel couldn't let it go. She seemed truly exasperated about having to deal with a 12 year old boy when she was trying to give an actual critique. And since we all know that Nigel thinks there's no such thing as too much repitition, of course he had to bring it up again later in the show. Shut up, Nigel.

When I saw the bottom six, I thought great, no matter who we lose from Team Street, I won't be upset! I don't dislike Ariana but I didn't think she was interesting or good enough last week to explain why the judges kept her. I was fine with the twitter vote saving her this week so that we could get rid of either Burim or Asaf, both of whom struggled during their individual routines as well as the opening number and the Team Street routine.

I went back and watched the opening group number specifically to watch for both of them to confirm my initial impression of their roles in that routine. They were initially not onstage and once they joined the group, they were in the back because they were both pretty terrible. In the individual routines, they were both bad but Asaf was worse. Not only was he pigeon toed but his arms and body positions were just so awkward. I hated that Kate got criticized for the way she was trying to sell the routine. There was no reason for her to sink to Asaf's level of suckitude. She was just trying to do the best she could do with his dead weight tied to her.

When the judges then praised Asaf for trying so hard, I just rolled my eyes. This isn't So You Think You Can Finally Stop Whining and Maybe Learn a Little Bit of Choreography. To be honest, I don't care how hard any of these people work. All I care about is how the dance looks when it's performed. If you are a dance prodigy who needs barely any practice, good for you. If you rehearse all week and your performance still looks like crap, I'm not going to pat you on the head for making an effort. To quote Jonathan from Center Stage, "You make it look like work, Maureen. I need to see the movement, not the effort behind it." And all I saw in that club cha cha (which is another WTF in itself) was Asaf working but getting nowhere.

Burim definitely stuck out of his group number like a sore thumb. He was often behind the music but he looked slightly less terrible than Asaf. Even though he isn't mastering the choreography, at least he hasn't been shown complaining so he was doing better than Asaf in my opinion.

Now I really hope that Asaf gets a jive or contemporary next week so that the judges are forced to admit he has no non-b boy technique at all. I'm so annoyed that he got a total pass for that horrible cha cha but JJ and Yorelis were criticized for not having good enough technique in their jazz routine. This double standard is ridiculous. Why didn't JJ and Yorelis get a pat on the head for "trying really hard"? For the record, I got a fun 80s vibe from that jazz routine. I didn't love it but at least it wasn't another contemporary routine (speaking of which, what a coincidence that Alexia got contemporary two weeks in a row).

dizzyfeet
    @dizzyfeet

I find your lack of support for Asaf amazing. We base our judgement on speaking to the choreographers and the Team Captains. All of whom agreed.

Well, I don't.

Seriously? Which choreographers? Only this week's choreographers? I'm pretty sure if you had talked to the previous weeks' choreographers, then Christopher Scott and Tabitha & Napoleon would have had a lot to say about Asaf. On a grammar note, that sentence fragment in Nigel's tweet is driving me crazy.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5

I am disappointed in JJ. She was one of my favorites from Vegas but she hasn't stood out in any of her routines. I loved Megz tonight. She was the best in her routine. Also didn't understand the contemporary routine with Jaja, Derek, and Alexia. If we can't understand the story, something's off. I really like Neptune and Kate, as well as Gaby. Gaby and Ariana stood out in the Afro Jazz routine. Although some of the steps looked awkward. Marissa did well in the chacha and deserved better than that. Nigel's comment about interracial couples was so unnecessary. Race will never stop being an issue in anything if people keep bringing it up. 

As much as I hate to say it, I think Asaf or JJ needs to go home next week, hopefully Asaf. They have been the weakest street dancers. Most of the stage dancers have been really irrelevant for me besides Kate and Gaby. Although I am starting to like Marissa more.

Also, there were SO many other better street dancers they could have chosen over Asaf and Burim. You know, ones that did better with choreography. And then they are surprised when they can't do it right, and still choose to save the worst one.

(edited)

I kind of really loved the contemporary group dance. The choreography was pretty stellar.  Hope we see more of that. 

Neptune should be Nigels "project"  not Asaf.  The guy is committed to each and every movement where Asaf half asses everything.  He dances like one of the Bachelors competing on DWTS, you really can't lower the bar much lower.

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 6

i didn't get to watch it yet, too busy with TI5.... but wtf Moises is gone but Asaf is still here? Fuck you, Nigel.

This is why I hate the way they are doing eliminations this year, "our" voting is pretty well meaningless when they judges get to save people "we" may not have wanted to see continue so therefore didn't vote for them.

• Love 1