Type keyword(s) to search

I Am Cait in the Media

As Dorne2.0 has already mentioned, if this happened, it could be a very perilous time for Caitlyn. The suicide rate is high among transgenders and the fact that for forty years, Caitlyn Jenner has been accustomed to being welcomed to attend any party, any benefit, any awards show that she chose to. She was adored by the public, loved as a parent, highly venerated as an athlete and respected by the public. Essentially, for more than 40 years, she has had the world at her fingertips. This is a person that has met Kings and Presidents and has rubbed shoulders with the wealthiest and most influential people in the world. Dealing with instant rejection by many has to be more difficult for Caitlyn than it might possibly be for most transgenders.

"I mean you want this your whole life, but when you get it, many people lose everything else"

This is exactly what I feel when I watch her on this show. She really can't take that things are not the "same" between she and her family. And it has to be beyond painful that she wasn't invited to Kylie's graduation because you can blame Kris all you want, but Kylie is 18 not 5 nor 10. She is young lady and could have put her foot down and invited her dad, but she went along with it because.....yes, "things" are different and she like the rest of the family is having trouble adjusting. Why the hell does Kris need to invite her? Her daughter is old enough to say hey dad my graduation is on such and such a date will you come?  Or if it's uncomfortable and they both feel it would be at this point, dad might want to have dinner with her to celebrate. But you mean to tell me that grown up Tyga riding Kylie couldn't approach her dad? Why is this all on mom like she's in grade school?  I know when all those girls get good and ready they can tell Kris to fuck off and they do, so.. Yeah what really hurts Caitlyn is that she knows deep down her daughter didn't want her there as Caitlyn, she's not ready for it.  I can see how coming out to support her dad at the ESPY's and making an appearance on the reality show can seem completely different to her than inviting her dad to a graduation ceremony with her peers.

Anyway, Jen Boylan? Is that her name? She keeps telling Caitlyn that it will take time for family to come around, Kris in particular and I also think I heard her say they may never come around. She's is clearly trying to constantly prepare Caitlyn for the reality of what her family dynamic might become when all is said and done. 

I really feel for Caitlyn.  She so wants things to be the same and because of her fame, it's going to be hard to trust those newcomers friends and possible mates. Are they there just for the cameras?  I  think the only way she'll be able to tell is when the cameras stop rolling. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 3

I didn't really think Cait was in it for fame, but I'm having serious second thoughts about that. It does seem to me that she's certainly enjoying the spot light and the attention. Yeah she tosses a line or two into the interviews about the problems and needs of "the community" but  the rest is all me, me, me.

The Lauer interview really drove that home.   There was no humility, no heartfelt gratitude, just boasting.   Sure, she inserted some talking points about "the community" but they were like bumper stickers on her golf cart.

• Love 2
Anyway, Jen Boylan? Is that her name? She keeps telling Caitlyn that it will take time for family to come around, Kris in particular and I also think I heard her say they may never come around. She's is clearly trying to constantly prepare Caitlyn for the reality of what her family dynamic might become when all is said and done. 

Truthfully, I don't see any reason at all why Kris should 'come around' and if anyone has reason not to come around it's Kris. I don't like Kris but I have to say that I'm in agreement with her that Caitlyn wasn't honest with her about feeling female and wanting to follow that into a transition. When Caitlyn was an athlete, she 'juiced' up plenty, most athletes of the day did steroids. Then she took female hormones without the knowledge of her wives at the time. She was covert about it all and that's not what a real husband does. Selfishness comes into play and she only considered herself and her own feelings at the times she was doing HRT and beginning the mental and physical transformation into female. I'd be angry too so I can't fault Kris for that secret that was withheld from her for years. Kris doesn't have to please everyone in her family and the public by 'coming around' to Caitlyn if she chooses not to. And it's very understandable if that's what she chooses.

• Love 6

I don't expect Kris to come around either. My only issue with her is that prior to this all becoming public, their marriage was essentially over. They divorced, she has a new boyfriend, I just find her angst over the breakup to be a play to the cameras and press for sympathy. Just move on. I don't think either of them are being 100% truthful about exactly what he told her or what she says she knew. The kids are grown, other than a health crisis affecting one of them, there isn't a real reason for Cait and Kris to

communicate. Seeing each other at neutral locations to celebrate milestones in the children's and grandchildrens lives might be the only times they see each other from now on. Or if that's too uncomfortable for everyone, then they have separate celebrations. This whole showdown this week is just for TV. Neither of them has acted stellarly in this whole situation. Too much ego on both sides.

• Love 4

Then she took female hormones without the knowledge of her wives at the time. She was covert about it all and that's not what a real husband does. Selfishness comes into play and she only considered herself and her own feelings at the times she was doing HRT and beginning the mental and physical transformation into female. I'd be angry too so I can't fault Kris for that secret that was withheld from her for years.

I didn't realize until reading your post that Jenner started hormones secretly while married.   That's cheating.   That's like starting an affair with another woman, except the other woman is yourself. 

The very act is a statement that one partner's happiness outweighs the other's, and the other is just going to have to deal with it, like it or not.

• Love 3

I didn't realize until reading your post that Jenner started hormones secretly while married.   That's cheating.   That's like starting an affair with another woman, except the other woman is yourself. 

The very act is a statement that one partner's happiness outweighs the other's, and the other is just going to have to deal with it, like it or not.

i don't think she did, I think she wasn't married at the time.  .  At least the story she told Matt Lauer was that she started hormones in the late 80s (after her marriage to Thompson ended) when she was living alone, almost hermit like, out in Malibu.  She told him that her plan was to transition by age 40 but at 39 she stopped everything and just couldn't do it. It was shortly after that she met Kris.  

• Love 1

Thanks for the clarification.    Unfortunately, some husbands do start the process without the wife's knowledge.   It just makes everything worse.    I have nothing but sympathy for the wives of transgender individuals.   Their lives often become Greek tragedies.

• Love 3

I Am Cait Finale Recap: "A New Beginning"

http://www.ew.com/recap/i-am-cait-finale

It was surprising to see Caitlyn acting so callously when Kris broke down in tears over the loss of the husband she once loved. Isn’t this show’s whole message supposed to be about showing basic human kindness to everyone, even those you might not understand?

Maybe that scene was just another important reminder that gender doesn’t always define whom you really are inside. At one point, Kris admits that Bruce’s insensitivity always hurt her feelings, but in the past, she chalked it up to him just being “a guy.” Now, she realizes that “maybe that’s just Bruce-slash-Caitlyn’s personality. That’s just the way she is.” Yep, women can be just as cold as men, whether they’re transgender or not. Score one for feminism?

• Love 2

Funny that Caitlyn can only come up with one thing she did for her children: drive them to school. Big whoop.

How about, 'I was present in their lives, there when they needed support, celebrated milestones, made memories'?

Nope. Carpooling.

• Love 2

Caitlyn was dishonest in all three of her marriages. She's heterosexual and enjoyed sex with women. But she hid the side of her that wanted to look female for many reasons. She was caught wearing women's clothing by all her wives and most of her children. She was also caught taking female hormones by her second wife, but hormone replacement was hidden from Kris until she discovered this on her own. The dishonesty and selfishness of her treatment of all three wives overshadows any sort of empathy I might have had for Caitlyn Jenner at one time. She was self-absorbed, self-serving and cared about her legacy as a hero and the millions of dollars that brought her more than she cared about anyone else in her life, including her own children. Yes, her 'soul' was yearning to be female, but the yearning of her soul came second to her need to satisfy the huge ego of hers, the one that needed to be adored for who she was in her past.

As far as all the hours carpooling, so the fuck what? It's what a parent is supposed to do. If Caitlyn Jenner ever had even one sincere bone in her body, she would have been morally principled and open with all three of her wives before they married. She would have allowed them to make a choice as to whether to proceed with marrying her or back off from the relationship. The conscious choice she made to hide her secret 'soul' yearning to be a woman would possibly have changed their minds about cementing a relationship with her through marriage and children. Did she even care that she would break their spirits, hearts and trust by fooling them in such a way? It was a conscious choice that was selfish and self-serving, she cared more about herself than she ever cared about anyone else affected by her dark secret. Anyone left with heartbreak and misery in the wake of her transition is only considered collateral damage to Caitlyn Jenner.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 5

i don't think she did, I think she wasn't married at the time.  .  At least the story she told Matt Lauer was that she started hormones in the late 80s (after her marriage to Thompson ended) when she was living alone, almost hermit like, out in Malibu.  She told him that her plan was to transition by age 40 but at 39 she stopped everything and just couldn't do it. It was shortly after that she met Kris.  

I think Caitlyn honestly believed that she could transition to female and still stay married. She's been quoted saying, "If Kris were OK with this [her gender dysphoria], we'd still be married."  

So in Caitlyn's mind there is no cheating. 

Kourtney is her step-daugher, not her daughter.  

If you watch the clip, the exact quote is "daughter Kourtney." If you listen to all of Cait's interviews she doesn't segregate the children based on step, she says she has 10 kids. The grandchildren, are all her grandchildren also whether they are Kourtney's or Brandon's no different.

In fact Caitlyn probably sees the K/Jenner 6 kids and grandkids more than the bio ones.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

I didn't realize until reading your post that Jenner started hormones secretly while married. That's cheating. That's like starting an affair with another woman, except the other woman is yourself.

But didn't her first wife know? I thought she said that the first wife had known for some time, that I think she was the first and only one she told for a while now. She's know for years about everything, even before her sister? Because I think I remember during either the Diane Sawyer interview or that two hour E special, that it was like why her out of the three wives, why did she know?

Edited by represent
Edited for proper pronoun usage

I think Caitlyn honestly believed that she could transition to female and still stay married. She's been quoted saying, "If Kris were OK with this [her gender dysphoria], we'd still be married."  

So in Caitlyn's mind there is no cheating. 

In her meeting with Kris, she placed 80% of the blame for the divorce on Kris for 'mistreating' her, the other 20% on gender issues. Does she mean that if Kris was okay with her 'gender dysphoria' but still mistreated her, they would still be married?  I don't think so. I found Caitlyn to be 80% bullshit and 20% genuine. I also think that it's only a matter of time that her great new transgender girlfriends figure out that Caitlyn isn't altruistic in the least and is single-mindedly focused on herself and on receiving total acceptance from others.

• Love 2

If you watch the clip, the exact quote is "daughter Kourtney." If you listen to all of Cait's interviews she doesn't segregate the children based on step, she says she has 10 kids. The grandchildren, are all her grandchildren also whether they are Kourtney's or Brandon's no different.

In fact Caitlyn probably sees the K/Jenner 6 kids and grandkids more than the bio ones.

We are all ultra-aware of the correct use of pronouns as the mods have repeatedly 'gently reminded' us to use the proper pronouns. But it seems that Caitlyn Jenner is by far the guilty one of misusing the correct pronouns. Referring to Kourtney as 'daughter' is just one incidence of pronoun confusion with Caitlyn. She has been reminded more than once on the show about her using the term 'they' instead of 'we' when referring to transgenders. Both Chandi and Candis have reminded her about the proper use of pronouns. Side note; all her new transgender 'friends' were carefully auditioned, screened and paid to appear on Caitlyn's series.

As far as I know, Caitlyn Jenner never legally adopted the Kardashian children. However, she was in their lives for more time than their biological father, Robert Kardashian. Kris married Caitlyn Jenner just one month after her divorce from Robert Kardashian became legal. The children were very young at the time of their marriage so it's more natural for Caitlyn to refer to any of the 4 Kardashian children as daughters and son.

Edited by 17wheatthins
Proper neme usage

As far as I know, Caitlyn Jenner never legally adopted the Kardashian children. However, she was in their lives for more time than their biological father, Robert Kardashian. Kris married Caitlyn Jenner just one month after her divorce from Robert Kardashian became legal. The children were very young at the time of their marriage so it's more natural for Caitlyn to refer to any of the 4 Kardashian children as daughters and son.

Yeah, I consider my stepmom my real mom she never adopted me either officially, but always loved me as her daughter, my biological mom is alive but was never a parent to me, so I don't see the issue with Cait referring to her step-children as her children.

As far as pronouns go, I think Cait transgender is a baby in the transgender community and hopefully she'll learn and I hope she doesn't end up all alone, I really do. Also, there are people who identify with both genders or neither. I remember a genderqueer person that disappeared in Charlottesville and according to her family, she accepted both her male name and the female name, also both pronouns. both genders or neither. Anyway, I know that's not what you mean, but Cait not following GLAAD guidelines doesn't excuses anyone doing the same, it's about respecting the transgender community as a whole. I go by GLAAD guidelines too, to the point I stopped referring to myself as "bi" and started referring to myself as a cisgender bisexual woman. I thought about it and the term bisexual sounds more serious and lots people and the media have treated being bisexual as a joke or a "phase" or a lie gay men use to stay half in the closet and women to seem sexy, fun etc. It is not, I have been in love with a woman before and find many women attractive, so I liked that part of GLAAD guidelines. Also, I never minded the term cis or cisgender, and I started using transgender rather than transwoman or transmen because I have seen one person uncomfortable with the reduced version and I rather don't make minorities uncomfortable, me being a privileged cisgender woman now in a straight relationship.

Edited by Dorne2.0
  • Love 2

Yeah, I consider my stepmom my real mom she never adopted me either officially, but always loved me as her daughter, my biological mom is alive but was never a parent to me, so I don't see the issue with Cait referring to her step-children as her children.

As far as pronouns go, I think Cait transgender is a baby in the transgender community and hopefully she'll learn and I hope she doesn't end up all alone, I really do. Also, there are people who identify with both genders or neither. I remember a queergender person that disappeared in Charlottesville and according to her family, she accepted both her male name and the female name, also both pronouns. both genders or neither. Anyway, I know that's not what you mean, but Cait not following GLAAD guidelines doesn't excuses anyone doing the same, it's about respecting the transgender community as a whole. I go by GLAAD guidelines too, to the point I stopped referring to myself as "bi" and started referring to myself as a cisgender bisexual woman. I thought about it and the term bisexual sounds more serious and lots people and the media have treated being bisexual as a joke or a "phase" or a lie gay men use to stay half in the closet and women to seem sexy, fun etc. It is not, I have been in love with a woman before and find many women attractive, so I liked that part of GLAAD guidelines. Also, I never minded the term cis or cisgender, and I started using transgender rather than trans/woman or trans/men because I have seen one person uncomfortable with the reduced version and I rather don't make minorities uncomfortable, me being a privileged cisgender woman now in a straight relationship.

Another new word.. Please explain queer gender. Is it one word or two? Thanks

Is it more correct to refer to them as "transgender people" rather than "transgenders?" It seems to me that saying "transgenders" is like saying "gays" to refer to gay people, or "blacks" to refer to black people. It's just a bit cringe-y.

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 2

All I've ever heard is Caitlyn referring to all the Kardashian kids by the NOUN daughter or son. It's totally fine to refer to your stepdaughter as your daughter. Her father passed away so it's even more appropriate and inclusive.

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 3

All I've ever heard is Caitlyn referring to all the Kardashian kids by the NOUN daughter or son. It's totally fine to refer to your stepdaughter as your daughter. Her father passed away so it's even more appropriate and inclusive.

No it's not.

Robert Kardashian will always be the father of Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, and Rob.  His death does not change that.

And I might have missed it, but I don't recall Caitlyn ever referring to Kourtney or any of the others Kardashians as "my daughter" or "my son."  She says "my kids" a lot, but that is vague and may or may not include the Kardashians.  Otherwise, she uses their first names.

Edited by remotecontrolfreak

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/09/14/i-am-cait-season-1-finale-recap-the-show-tried-it-really-did/

It had its fun moments and its truthful moments, especially when other trans women like Candis and Chandi Moore were on screen. But generally “I Am Cait” was boring where it wanted to be serious, vapid when it wanted to be classy, fearful when it could’ve been real, and cheesy when it could’ve delved deeper. I would not recommend it to my adult trans friends, and if it gets renewed for another season, I probably won’t watch it.

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 2

Is it more correct to refer to them as "transgender people" rather than "transgenders?" It seems to me that saying "transgenders" is like saying "gays" to refer to gay people, or "blacks" to refer to black people. It's just a bit cringe-y.

Yes.  "Transgender" is an adjective, not a verb.  This is addressed in the GLAAD media reference guide section on transgender issues, linked in the "Welcome to 2015: Pronouns, Gender Identity and You" forum:

http://www.glaad.org/reference/transgender

Problematic: "transgenders," "a transgender"

Preferred: transgender people, a transgender person

Transgender should be used as an adjective, not as a noun. Do not say, "Tony is a transgender," or "The parade included many transgenders." Instead say, "Tony is a transgender man," or "The parade included many transgender people."

Edited by apollonia666
  • Love 3

Perfect example of how she exploits the transgender community to keep her face in the news.   It's all PR.

I truly despise her.

"While I could write a novel on everything I’ve learned over the past several months, here are a few things that I’d like to share:"

Oh groan, now there's going to be a novel in the works. Rottsa-ruck with that.

• Love 1

"While I could write a novel on everything I’ve learned over the past several months, here are a few things that I’d like to share:"

Oh groan, now there's going to be a novel in the works. Rottsa-ruck with that.

She'll milk this to the last drop.   There will be books, magazine articles, guest judge on Project Runway, a line of jewelry on Home Shopping network, Caitlyn On Top, you name it.   If the Love Boat were still around, Gopher would be checking her into a cabin.

The only things that might derail her plans are:

1) a finding of culpability in the death of Kim Howe

2) a finding of no responsibility in the death of Kim Howe (which could trigger a celebrity justice backlash)

3) the media finally finding the courage to write about her objectively rather than always resorting to positive rationalizations like she's five years old and they're afraid to damage her self esteem

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4

No she does not.

It's Candis that says, "your daughter Kourtney."

Caitlyn does not say, "my daughter Kourtney." She says "Yes, Kourtney."

As far as I can tell, Caitlyn never uses the term "my daughter" or "my son" to refer to her four step-children.  

No it's not.

Robert Kardashian will always be the father of Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, and Rob.  His death does not change that.

And I might have missed it, but I don't recall Caitlyn ever referring to Kourtney or any of the others Kardashians as "my daughter" or "my son."  She says "my kids" a lot, but that is vague and may or may not include the Kardashians.  Otherwise, she uses their first names.

Cait actually did pre-transition and still  post transition. For example the episode with Cait wearing the swimsuit the first time she said and I quote "I love my daughter Kimberly to death, but this is one that she would wear."

Robert will always be their father and they are the first to say that, but the girls also say they were blessed with two fathers. Caitlyn raised them for 24 years, Rob was a baby, there's nothing wrong with not saying "step" in front of daughter or son, it actually shows the love and means more that Cait doesn't think of them like that.

Caitlyn does not say, "my daughter Kourtney." She says "Yes, Kourtney."

So what does it matter who said it?  She also didn't correct Candice saying "no she's my step daughter." Because she does consider the K girls that way it's  "my daughter," or "my kids," or "my girls." 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

Why is there so much debate and controversy over whether Caitlyn calls the Kardashian girls her daughters or not? Obviously they have a close parent/child relationship, and call each other "dad" and "my kid." That's their business. Seriously, I don't know how on earth this is important, or relevant to any his/her pronoun discussions.

• Love 6

I believe it is genderqueer, not queer gender.

Side note; all her new transgender 'friends' were carefully auditioned, screened and paid to appear on Caitlyn's series.

Without being screened and auditioned, all the Kardashians, the Jenners, and all the friends who appeared on KUWTK were paid. 

millennium, on 14 Sept 2015 - 5:34 PM, said:

If the Love Boat were still around, Gopher would be checking her into a cabin

Wrong. Doc would be checking her out, inviting her to his office, and making plans for the evening.

• Love 2

As the old saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right.

It's wrong to be paid for a tv show? Who knew.

Wrong.  Doc liked em young. She'd be playing shuffleboard on the Lido deck with her husband, Ernest Borgnine.

LOL probably. Doc did like the females. I remember one episode where he was all over Julie's P.E. teacher from high school who had gained lots of weight.

• Love 1

I read the term refers to someone who identifies with both genders, male and female, or doesn't identify with either gender. I never met someone like this but they are out there, like the person who disappeared in Charlotteville in 2012 DaShad Laquinn Smith, who the media identifies as transgender woman but who, according to family, identified with both genders. I remember when the Hannah Graham case brought the fact that there were a lot of missing woman at the area at the time. Also, some people in the LGBT community prefer queer to gay, lesbian or bisexual, (and some transgender people may also refer to them as genderqueer? Not sure about this part), I know a bisexual woman who says bisexual doesn't come out as naturally as queer and she preferred to refer to herself as queer, as in taking the word from the bigots. All this I got from reading so If someone has more knowledge please feel free to correct me. 

Edit: Sorry, it' genderqueer and GLAAD advises one to only use the term if one is actually genderqueer:

Genderqueer

A term used by some people who experience their gender identity and/or gender expression as falling outside the categories of man and woman. They may define their gender as falling somewhere in between man and woman, or they may define it as wholly different from these terms. The term is not a synonym for transgender or transsexual and should only be used if someone self-identifies as genderqueer.

Edited by Dorne2.0

It's wrong to be paid for a tv show? Who knew?

Ah, cute. But I think you know what I meant. You were making an equivalency between the shows, so my point was that if paying off people to PRETEND to be your friend is wrong on one, it's wrong on both. But maybe I was incorrect to say that. Because while SOME of the people who appear on KUWTK are only around the girls because it's being filmed, many others still exist in their sphere when there are no cameras. That can't be said (provably yet) for Caitlyn's hired pals. And THEY'RE on the show of the two boldly labeled as a "docu-series".

Thanks for posting this link editorgrrl for the latest recap/review.   Seems the author is a trans woman and her biggest gripe about the show was that it wasn't  specifically intended for an audience of transgender people.   I'm thinking she doesn't know alot about E! reality shows - which is a good thing, lol. 

My Mennonite aunt in rural Canada, a kind woman with a beautiful heart, told me she loved “I Am Cait.” I’m not upset she has this TV show to watch. It’s good she does, and I’m glad she did. That weighs on me. And yet that’s just it: The show was made to enlighten her, not me — the person who is actually trans.

That’s the feeling I’m left with at the end. “I Am Cait” never seemed interested in what people who have transitioned might want to watch.  My tastes aren’t esoteric — I’m a 28-year old girl. I rewatch “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” episodes when I’m sad. Surely a “transgender tipping point” could yield a show that considers an adult trans audience. I want a show that could speak to me and all the other trans people I know. I want these shows to give us something new.

Seems the  NY Times wanted a trans woman writer to recap this show which is good but  I'm not sure why she would think a show going for a ratings bonanza would target such a small, diverse audience. 

Anyway, I've enjoyed her reviews, but I like the recaps here better.  

• Love 1

She'd be playing shuffleboard on the Lido deck with her husband, Ernest Borgnine.

Oh lordy, I feel like I saw that episode!    Otherwise, it would be Captain Stubing putting the moves on her, unaware of her history (and actually, there was a gender-switch-themed episode with John Ritter -- and Captain Stubing in pursuit).

• Love 2

Oh lordy, I feel like I saw that episode!    Otherwise, it would be Captain Stubing putting the moves on her, unaware of her history (and actually, there was a gender-switch-themed episode with John Ritter -- and Captain Stubing in pursuit).

I remember that one!  Didn't John Ritter dress up as a woman because he wanted to get back together with his girlfriend, so he followed her onto the boat and took the only cabin that was left - one with another woman?  What we call stalking now was called comedy back in the '70s.  I'm horrified I remember that.  Damn, I'm old...

New blog that seems to try and address the Ellen/gay marriage media attention.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/caitlyn-jenner-lessons-learned/story?id=33748248

Like many people, there was a time when I didn’t realize how important it is for gay couples to have the right to get married. But after hearing from my gay friends and learning more about the hardships they faced because of discrimination, it became clear to me that everyone should be able to marry the person they love.

How I read it:

I really don't care very much about how important it is for gay couples to have the right to get married.  But after Ellen made me look like a homophobe on the Howard Stern show, and after hearing from my agent that it could affect my credibility and future marketability, it became clear to me that I better say whatever it is the gay people want to hear.

It has all the sincerity of a politician's apology, but worse.  Because at least the politicians actually say they're sorry.   They may not mean it, but they say it.   Jenner lacked the character to do even that.   Instead she fell back on the "learning curve" excuse (and can somebody tell me when the expiration date on that is?  Because it's used way too often to rationalize this person's insensitivity and self-absorption).

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4

This is exactly what I feel when I watch her on this show. She really can't take that things are not the "same" between she and her family. And it has to be beyond painful that she wasn't invited to Kylie's graduation because you can blame Kris all you want, but Kylie is 18 not 5 nor 10. She is young lady and could have put her foot down and invited her dad, but she went along with it because.....yes, "things" are different and she like the rest of the family is having trouble adjusting. Why the hell does Kris need to invite her? Her daughter is old enough to say hey dad my graduation is on such and such a date will you come?  Or if it's uncomfortable and they both feel it would be at this point, dad might want to have dinner with her to celebrate. But you mean to tell me that grown up Tyga riding Kylie couldn't approach her dad? Why is this all on mom like she's in grade school?  I know when all those girls get good and ready they can tell Kris to fuck off and they do, so.. Yeah what really hurts Caitlyn is that she knows deep down her daughter didn't want her there as Caitlyn, she's not ready for it.  I can see how coming out to support her dad at the ESPY's and making an appearance on the reality show can seem completely different to her than inviting her dad to a graduation ceremony with her peers.

Maybe Caitlyn Jenner wasn't invited to Kylie's graduation because maybe Kylie didn't want her graduation made into a spectacular for herself and the other grads ?

• Love 2

Maybe Caitlyn Jenner wasn't invited to Kylie's graduation because maybe Kylie didn't want her graduation made into a spectacular for herself and the other grads ?

Yeah, exactly, I agree.  My point overall was that this shouldn't be all thrown on Kris. Where is Kylie in the discussion? You want to act grown, then step up and have a conversation with your father. This family is full of shit anyway because who really knows that she didn't talk to Caitlyn. Everything is a set up with this group. And since some of the posts including mine seem to take some of the heat off of Kris or at least empathize with her, this whole scene could have been designed to do just that and it worked. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 2
Like many people, there was a time when I didn’t realize how important it is for gay couples to have the right to get married. But after hearing from my gay friends and learning more about the hardships they faced because of discrimination, it became clear to me that everyone should be able to marry the person they love.

How I read it:

I really don't care very much about how important it is for gay couples to have the right to get married.  But after Ellen made me look like a homophobe on the Howard Stern show, and after hearing from my agent that it could affect my credibility and future marketability, it became clear to me that I better say whatever it is the gay people want to hear.

It has all the sincerity of a politician's apology, but worse.  Because at least the politicians actually say they're sorry.   They may not mean it, but they say it.   Jenner lacked the character to do even that.   Instead she fell back on the "learning curve" excuse (and can somebody tell me when the expiration date on that is?  Because it's used way too often to rationalize this person's insensitivity and self-absorption).

And this is how I read it:  

Like many Americans my age, I never really thought about gay marriage or how important the equality of marriage should be.  But my mind has opened and my thinking has evolved and I am support gay marriage.  

I'm not sure she even has anything to apologize for; It's not like she was campaigning for Prop 8 or something.  Caitlyn used to think about gay marriage the same way the majority of people in her generation thought about it for year s - if they thought about it at all.    Then her consciousness was raised, mind was open and she changed her thinking.   Anytime that happens, that someone decides to become more inclusive in their thinking,  I see that as a good thing. 

• Love 5