Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Princess

On another point if Rachel doesn't want to date Jeremy any more what leverage does Quinn have over her?

Quinn probably doesn't think it's important for her plan to work long term so long as it stops Rachel from leaving with Jeremy now. And she might be right. Rachel's desire to get out of reality TV has very little to do with Jeremy, but her decision to leave with Jeremy right now has everything to do with him. It wasn't something she was thinking about doing in the near future until Jeremy suggested it, and in all likelihood Rachel probably would have accepted Quinn's offer if Jeremy and the promise of a life with him away from reality TV wasn't in the picture. Since Quinn sees so much of herself in Rachel, I think she's banking on Rachel finding her own reasons to stay once she gets her established in her new company. Plus, Quinn doesn't believe Rachel could ever actually be happy with Jeremy, so I think she's counting on that romance to fizzle out. She just thinks she'll be able to keep Rachel when it does.

• Love 1

This show just gets better and better. I certainly hope there are no happy endings here, if someone gets a happily-ever-after then I don't even know what show I'm watching. It keeps getting darker, and I say bring it on!

As long as the dog stays. The dog has to stay.

• Love 3

Madison isn't cold and calculating, just young and dumb.

I did think it was a little refreshing though for Madison to not be that concerned with what happened between her & Chet. I mean, from an outside view, it's terrible of course, but she went after what she wanted and didn't regret it, and furthermore, wasn't down for punishing him for her actions or lying about consenting. So that was nice.

It seems like Rachel idealized Jeremy as someone who can take her away from the things she hates about her life, and more importantly about herself. 

I really think the relationship between Rachel & Jeremy is a lot of projecting who they want the other person to be onto each other, when it's not necessarily who that person really is. She could run away with him to a life they have both said they were not actually interested in, but eventually it would become clear that their relationship is really just a façade. But yeah, why is he suggesting this anyway? He said to both Lizzie AND Rachel when he took the promotion that getting out of the game wasn't what he wanted.

But when it comes to her and her romantic choice, this will be the most needed "I choose me" in TV history.  I like both of the guys but she's in no place for any kind of an attempt at happily ever after.

Alright, I won't lie, I love Rachel & Adam together, but I would be okay if she totally Jane Eyre-d on him and chose to focus on herself and who she needs to become in order to be happy with anyone. Then they can get together later. Maybe he's not around for season two but he is for season three?

It may be unpopular, but I'm glad Faith is gone. She was just spinning her wheels the last couple of weeks. Anna and Grace are crazy, which makes them hilariously unpredictable.

Faith may have been spinning her wheels, but damn, am I going to miss her one-liners, especially during the group dates ("Are we supposed to be watching this?")

There's only one thing to do in my head, if Rachel does not pick what Adam says, then she is a moron, and I see no other possible avenue.  Not: 'choosing herself'; how would you not want to have fun all over the world with that money; it is a fantasy and a half.

But you're seriously right about this. If anything, really, Jeremy's plan is more of a fairy tale because they would need to find the way to support it, which he hasn't accounted for. They would both need to find new jobs, and she wouldn't have time to write her novel or do the things she wants to do. While with Adam, he has the funds, it's a very real option to just go be on an extended vacation for however long they want. It's the dream, and very rarely things like this actually come along, and Rachel needs to pounce on it while she can.

Why would Quinn blackmail someone into working for her. That seriously can't be a good idea.

We already know that Quinn blackmailed Rachel into the current job she's doing, so while I don't really understand her motivation either, it's not out of character for her to do so.

Because they were drunk and susceptible.  If they were crew, why would it seem like they didn't know Rachel and she didn't know them?

She knew them, she just didn't know them as well as Jeremy did cause those were "his guys", camera crew, etc. They were definitely part of the show though cause that skinny dude she high fives all the time was there.

This is a stupidly long post, but last thing: do we know for certain that Shiri Appleby is going to be back for season two? I know there's a lot of speculation as to whether or not Adam will be around, but is it a possibility that Rachel might not be around either? Do we even know enough to say that they don't turn this show into an anthology-type series about different reality shows, à la American Horror Story?

• Love 5

I always like the moments when Quinn and Rachel really connect, so it was disappointing to see Q go into mega-bitch mode later and blackmail Rachel into working for her again. Just seems so counterproductive to what is on some levels a good relationship. She's now set up another dynamic in which Rachel is going to be trying to wriggle out from under her, instead of working with her.

I also liked how Freddie Stroma played that scene; completely stone-faced and unreadable. You could totally believe that he could just shrug it off as just another sex tape scandal if it were just him involved. And I also didn't take his "let's run away" speech literally. To me it was more like, "I am not Jeremy and you know you like that even if you don't want to admit it to yourself. See how being with me would be so.much.more.fun on every conceivable level? Including dry cleaning?"

The horseback riding scene was everything.

I think Madison has more in store. I totally overlooked her until that bj but now I'm not buying the wide-eyed innocent bit.

• Love 5
I did laugh though at Faith's pitch - first acting grossed out at the mere idea that Adam thought she meant them physically together as a couple and then her essentially calling him a man-whore.

Breeda Wool has done a fantastic job as Faith. I especially like how relaxed Faith is now that she's come out somewhat.

I'm as bitter and jaded as Quinn, but I still can't figure Madison out. I thought she was a scheming conniver á la All About Eve, but she was pretty convincing with both Quinn & Dr. Wagerstein. "He seemed so grateful."

I think Quinn has her down pretty well, even if she overestimates Madison's naïvété a bit. I think Madison is smart enough not to go through with a sexual-harassment suit, but she's also smart enough to know that threatening one can give her some leverage. But given that she's only 19, that leverage might be limited. So Quinn is ultimately right: Madison's frontal lobe isn't fully developed yet. Heh.

I still love Jeremy.  In his own way, he's a messed up as the rest of them.  I also love Adam, and wish there was a way for Rachel to be with both of them without a "she's a tramp" slut shaming that might/will happen.

Quinn is on my hit list.  If Rachel is like a daughter to her, then she is as awful as Rachel's biological mother.

I liked how Adam's run away with me speech happened on the same rock where Rachel first went to collect Adam at the beginning at the show.

The dog will stick around- I can feel it.

• Love 3

I still love Jeremy.  In his own way, he's a messed up as the rest of them.  I also love Adam, and wish there was a way for Rachel to be with both of them without a "she's a tramp" slut shaming that might/will happen.

It would be interesting if they explored how messy things can be in a threesome relationship. They do exist... And it wouldn't exactly be unprecedented as Rachel is essentially sharing Adam with a gaggle of women, 2 of whom he's slept with and the 3rd oral...

Their whole relationship is messy and complicated why not throw in another guy into the mix. Adam might be cool with some sort of unconventional relationship, I'm not sure about Jeremy though, he hasn't had much focus so I have no idea what his deal is most episodes.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm going to finish out the season but not sure I would watch next season if it is exactly the same. Quinn is funny, but a stereotype of the bitchy, successful woman and I never watch those types of women in housewife shows or anywhere else. Chet is obnoxious without any redeeming qualities, and really I would have to say that about almost everyone on the show.

I don't buy two guys being in love with unwashed, five layers of coats, just rolled out of bed Rachel. She doesn't have a sparkling personality, is not a nice person, and yea, can't see it. i like Shiri in most things, but find her kind of uninteresting here. 

I think I would have liked it better if the show would spend more time on the girls in the mansion (and make more of them normal) and we could try to guess which ones would stay or leave each week just like the real show. I know that is probably not what most people want. I just don't want to watch more of evil Quinn or evil Rachel, or Chet the big letch, coming on to interns. I've seen that stuff a million times. 

Edited by Madding crowd
(edited)

That sort of thing was probably done to ensure his safety and not because he didn't know how to ride. Lowering liability risk is smart and I bet that was done on the Bachelor as well.

Edited by garuru
  • Love 4

I don't buy two guys being in love with unwashed, five layers of coats, just rolled out of bed Rachel. She doesn't have a sparkling personality, is not a nice person, and yea, can't see it. i like Shiri in most things, but find her kind of uninteresting here.

I can definitely see it for Adam. Rachel is the Alpha dog. The other girls literally belong to her as a producer. Adam seems to be in a phase where he's challenging authority. Part of that is trying to get Rachel.

• Love 3
(edited)

Jeremy is sort of understandable. He was hung up on their past history when she was probably less of a homeless person living in a truck...

Adam on the other hand is probably so psychologically malleable at this point that he thinks Rachel who acts like an amoral sociopath half the time and the other half as a whiny emo is a great catch for whatever nonsensical reason. Oh yeah now I remember she resisted his expensive british charms for longer than the other women essentially throwing themselves at him for money, fame or some fantasy or romance.

Rachel is the last person anyone should want to get into a relationship with; she's emotionally and mentally unstable with terrible fashion sense.

Then again I'm not her target audience so my opinion on her charms probably doesn't matter...

I'd shag Adam but I wouldn't date him, that rich boy is stupid as a bag of kindling. "My parents don't respect me so I'm going on a reality tv show in America to sell a vineyard." Adam that makes no freaking sense. Most people just wait for the furor to die down or go to rehab or hire a bloody PR agent.

*sigh*

Most of these people are dumb as dirt. The only one I like so far is the psychiatrist simply because she hasn't sold her body for a quick buck and she made one hell of a power move aligning herself with Chet.

Edited by wayne67
  • Love 3

Loved the horse bit, but....Adam is an upper crust Brit. I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't know how to ride a horse.

I don't think it was about whether he can ride, but rather whether he should for safety reasons.  Even an experienced rider can have an incident, particularly  with cameras and people all over the place to potentially spook the horse.  It would be particularly risky to attempt the close ups they were doing.  It would be risky for the rider, horse, and crew. I would imagine for insurance reason, both actual policies and in the interest of preserving their cast, they wouldn't allow significant riding. 

I don't have a horse (no pun intended) in the Adam vs. Jeremy argument.  I like both actors and their chemistry with Shiri and also don't really have a particular desire to see Rachel paired up at all.  But, while at least Adam has had more development both individually and with Rachel, I think both have suffered from inconsistent writing.  In Adam's case, frequently in the same episode.  He's accused, not without cause, of being a shallow player just minutes prior to making his speech to Rachel.  And we have Jeremy insisting that getting out was Rachel's dream and wanting a promotion to being the one making the pitch to get out together. 

• Love 1

Every week's speculation is blown out of the water when the show airs. I'm not making any predictions how this thing ends up this year.

Oh, wait. I do have one prediction. The show bumpers during the commericals promoting the hell out of Season 2 will reveal whatever twists for the last two minutes of the finale.

• Love 4

I'd shag Adam but I wouldn't date him, that rich boy is stupid as a bag of kindling. "My parents don't respect me so I'm going on a reality tv show in America to sell a vineyard." Adam that makes no freaking sense. Most people just wait for the furor to die down or go to rehab or hire a bloody PR agent.

*sigh*

I think with this we have to suspend disbelief that in the world of UnReal, going on a reality show can fix your image otherwise someone would have mentioned this. This is also a world where they air the show in real time and can continue airing when a contestant commits suicide on the show.

• Love 2

While I marginally approve of Rachel/Adam more than Rachel/Jeremy, the pairing that really makes this show sizzle is Rachel/Quinn. Dump the guys, Rachel, and take up Quinn's offer to rule the Television Universe! This is where Rachel's calling truly lies.

(PS: I also am disapointed that Quinn has been portrayed as going Full Out Villian. She's far more interesting when nuanced.)

• Love 4
(edited)
That sort of thing was probably done to ensure his safety and not because he didn't know how to ride. Lowering liability risk is smart

Especially with a show that has Everlasting's schedule. If Adam falls off and badly injures himself, the show is screwed.

I think with this we have to suspend disbelief that in the world of UnReal, going on a reality show can fix your image otherwise someone would have mentioned this.

I agree, but I wish they'd put a bit more effort into why a US dating show was the way to repair Adam's rep in the UK. There have to be investors—American or otherwise—who would back the vineyard regardless of who his father is. In fact, there might be people who would invest simply to rub it in his father's face. But I suppose that's a completely different show.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

I agree, but I wish they'd put a bit more effort into why a US dating show was the way to repair Adam's rep in the UK. There have to be investors—American or otherwise—who would back the vineyard regardless of who his father is. In fact, there might be people who would invest simply to rub it in his father's face. But I suppose that's a completely different show.

I do think the show should be better about tracking the little things. They lose the thread too much. For instance, why would Quinn think that shallow, narcissistic Adam would be blackmailed by protecting Rachel's relationship with Jeremy? Adam's flip-flopped about five times on how much he likes Everlasting Vineyard. Is Anna still the villain to the audience?

I'm going to finish out the season but not sure I would watch next season if it is exactly the same. Quinn is funny, but a stereotype of the bitchy, successful woman and I never watch those types of women in housewife shows or anywhere else. Chet is obnoxious without any redeeming qualities, and really I would have to say that about almost everyone on the show.

I think I would have liked it better if the show would spend more time on the girls in the mansion (and make more of them normal) and we could try to guess which ones would stay or leave each week just like the real show. I know that is probably not what most people want. I just don't want to watch more of evil Quinn or evil Rachel, or Chet the big letch, coming on to interns. I've seen that stuff a million times.

There is already a show that focuses more on the contestants and who stays and goes each week: The Bachelor or any of the other fifty-levem shows out there that I never watch because I hate reality tv. If UnREAL went this route, I wouldn't watch it. I like it because it skewers the entire premise of reality tv.

• Love 5

I don't think the intended audience for Adam's rehab tour has ever been the UK, or at least not *just* the UK. His hotel/vineyard is in the U.S. and the only investors we've met appeared to be American (or at least North American). I think business people with money, regardless of their nationality, have always been Adam's target. I think he wanted them to see him as a brand or a personality that's independent of his family name, and up until then he wasn't that. And as for whether or not he could have found investors without the show, I don't know if that's true. There might have been companies willing to take Adam on as a public face for a property, but unless Adam actually had some real work experience with his father's company, I doubt he'd find many legit investors willing to be the silent partners he's hoping for. I actually don't think he'll have much luck finding them after the show either, but it doesn't surprise me that an unbelievably privileged guy like Adam might think that this plan would work. I think the attitude of the prospective investors at the vineyard was pretty realistic.

There is already a show that focuses more on the contestants and who stays and goes each week: The Bachelor or any of the other fifty-levem shows out there that I never watch because I hate reality tv. If UnREAL went this route, I wouldn't watch it. I like it because it skewers the entire premise of reality tv.

I totally agree. Different strokes for different folks and all that, but if I cared about watching a show that focused on the contestants, I'd watch the Bachelor or the myriad of other dating shows that have popped up over the years. It was the premise of following the behind the scenes machinations of a reality TV show that pulled me in, and I'm glad they've delivered on that promise.

• Love 3
(edited)
I think business people with money, regardless of their nationality, have always been Adam's target. I think he wanted them to see him as a brand or a personality that's independent of his family name, and up until then he wasn't that. <snip>  unless Adam actually had some real work experience with his father's company, I doubt he'd find many legit investors willing to be the silent partners he's hoping for.

I don't understand why being on a dating show would establish a brand or personality, given that people are more and more savvy about how fake the shows are.

I agree that Adam is naive about thinking he can get silent partners as backers. Even if he has a track record in the UK, he has none in the US, and again, a dating show isn't going to prove anything about that.

I feel like the show has given us either too much or too little information about Adam's motivations. Or maybe the wrong information, I'm not sure. But I shouldn't be wondering about this.

Edited by dubbel zout

Quinn's ultimatum is dumb. I feel like the writers of this show weren't sure they were going to be renewed for a second season and just sort of lazily tacked this on to the end.

Jeremy is so in love with Rachel that all she would have to do is say, "Hey Babe. I messed up. Before you and I officially got back together, I slept with Adam. I'm so sorry, blah, blah, blah". This is RACHEL. She's the one who's supposedly so good at manipulating others that Quinn wants to make her a full partner. If anyone could "produce" a situation like this with their boyfriend, it's Rachel.

So to me, this whole attempted set up is a non-issue. All she has to do is confess to Jeremy and then Quinn has no ammo.

I also don't buy that these two hot guys are so in love with the unwashed, unkempt, Rachel. I'm also just going to say it. She has the body of a 12-year-old boy and her bags under her eyes have their own bags. I'm just not buying it. IRL men who look like Adam and Jeremy go for girls as hot as they are. I feel like this is just a ploy to make women want to watch the show, because all average women want to think they can score good-looking studs. Average-looking-woman scores hot guy is a major formula in most chick flicks. I don't think the reasoning of why Rachel has these two idiots fighting over her is more complicated than that.

• Love 1

I don't understand why being on a dating show would establish a brand or personality, given that people are more and more savvy about how fake the shows are..

A lot of people looking to be entrepreneurs try to get on these reality shows for exposure and to cultivate a small fan base, not necessarily for credibility, so something being fake doesn't really matter. I actually went to school with someone who was a contestant on the Bachelorette who went on for similar reasons. I'm not saying it's a good or effective strategy as I really have no idea how well it works (for my acquaintance it seemed to work in the short term, but not doesn't appear to have a lasting impact), but UnReal was borrowing from a real life phenomenon when they shaped this part of Adam's character.
(edited)

I don't know - attraction is weird. Turn ons are different for everyone. Rachel is not a supermodel compared to the other girls no, but she's also the only one who doesn't take Adams crap and that's what initially drew him in. And her personality and mind keep him interested. When she cleans up she is quite pretty (I personally think Shiri is a knockout) but looks - though a major factor are not everything. I've been attracted to plenty of hot guys who turned out to be complete jackasses, or boring beyond belief, or whatever the reason ended up then becoming un-attracted to them.

For Adam, he feels like he's found someone like him, in tune with him, on the same level. Real. He can be himself with her and that's freeing in a way.

For Jeremy, I think he likes her because she is wild and dangerous, and that's exciting for him. Rachel is him picking the "not safe" route.

Edited by basically
  • Love 5
(edited)

Maybe I am in the minority or just an average guy but I find Rachel hot. Unkempt, bags and all.

The flash drive thing was lame. I was expecting something crazy and shocking on but we got nothing.

I keep wondering if they shot 2 finales depenig on if it got picked up or not? They shot 2 pilots when they had to replace Quinn.

They crammed a lot into 9 episodes yet we still don't know a lot of stuff. How are they going to cram the rest into 1 episode?

Why did they wait so long to use Madison and Dr Wag?

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 4

I don't think the intended audience for Adam's rehab tour has ever been the UK, or at least not *just* the UK. His hotel/vineyard is in the U.S. and the only investors we've met appeared to be American (or at least North American). I think business people with money, regardless of their nationality, have always been Adam's target. I think he wanted them to see him as a brand or a personality that's independent of his family name, and up until then he wasn't that. And as for whether or not he could have found investors without the show, I don't know if that's true. There might have been companies willing to take Adam on as a public face for a property, but unless Adam actually had some real work experience with his father's company, I doubt he'd find many legit investors willing to be the silent partners he's hoping for. I actually don't think he'll have much luck finding them after the show either, but it doesn't surprise me that an unbelievably privileged guy like Adam might think that this plan would work. I think the attitude of the prospective investors at the vineyard was pretty realistic

Honestly I'm thoroughly befuddled how being a D list celebrity because of a stupid reality show would engender trust from any investors.

The sales pitch would be... I was on a dating show now give me millions of dollars to be a silent partner in my vineyard even though any previous management experience acquired was because of nepotism rather than actual skill or qualifications.

I'm not sure how rich Adam is by himself. Apparently he's neither rich enough to do basic maintenance on the property or to run it himself so I'm not sure how decent a prospect he is. His family may be rich but that's like saying Rachel's family is rich... It doesn't have much bearing on things. I'm left curious as to whether Adam can afford to run away with Rachel even if he wanted to .

Would Adam's parents fork out more money for Adam to marry some woman who was essentially stalking him on a reality show? "Hey mom and dad here's this woman who was technically my boss and we had sex on camera and it'll probably end up on American tv along with that other sex tape I leaked to distract and that clip of Anna and me having sex on our date night and... yeah give me money to run some other business based on my non experience."

Adam and Rachel are perfect for each other, they're both clueless train wrecks.

I also don't buy that these two hot guys are so in love with the unwashed, unkempt, Rachel. I'm also just going to say it. She has the body of a 12-year-old boy and her bags under her eyes have their own bags. I'm just not buying it. IRL men who look like Adam and Jeremy go for girls as hot as they are. I feel like this is just a ploy to make women want to watch the show, because all average women want to think they can score good-looking studs. Average-looking-woman scores hot guy is a major formula in most chick flicks. I don't think the reasoning of why Rachel has these two idiots fighting over her is more complicated than that.

There is something very sexy/sexual about Shiri.  And she's darker, non-white and she's way, way more my 'type' than Freddie Stroma or Jeremy.  Jeremy is wallpaper personified.  I look at him and see and feel nothing.   Freddie is okay but I wasn't attracted to him until he really made that fantasy 'proposal' to Rachel.  Then I was totally hooked in.  To me Grace and Faith are traditionally attractive but there is something very sexy about Shiri I can't put my finger on.  She's more vivacious than Freddie/Jeremy in my opinion.  (Sorry for using character and actor names interchangeably, sometimes it causes complaints but honestly, it shouldn't.)

• Love 1

Honestly I'm thoroughly befuddled how being a D list celebrity because of a stupid reality show would engender trust from any investors.

It's not really about trust, it's about getting people to believe that the public would be interested enough in them as a TV personality that that interest could be carried over into buying other things that they're selling.  Don't get me wrong, I think Adam's reality TV scheme is delusional.  I've said so in this topic and I've said so in others.  I just find his delusions to be a believable part of his character.  People with his brand of crazy are reality TV's bread and butter.  The industry couldn't exist without them.

• Love 1

I don't think the intended audience for Adam's rehab tour has ever been the UK, or at least not *just* the UK. His hotel/vineyard is in the U.S. and the only investors we've met appeared to be American (or at least North American). I think business people with money, regardless of their nationality, have always been Adam's target. I think he wanted them to see him as a brand or a personality that's independent of his family name, and up until then he wasn't that. And as for whether or not he could have found investors without the show, I don't know if that's true. There might have been companies willing to take Adam on as a public face for a property, but unless Adam actually had some real work experience with his father's company, I doubt he'd find many legit investors willing to be the silent partners he's hoping for. I actually don't think he'll have much luck finding them after the show either, but it doesn't surprise me that an unbelievably privileged guy like Adam might think that this plan would work. I think the attitude of the prospective investors at the vineyard was pretty realistic.

I totally agree. Different strokes for different folks and all that, but if I cared about watching a show that focused on the contestants, I'd watch the Bachelor or the myriad of other dating shows that have popped up over the years. It was the premise of following the behind the scenes machinations of a reality TV show that pulled me in, and I'm glad they've delivered on that promise.

Actually, The Bachelor show is not about behind the scenes things at all. We don't see how/why contestants are manipulated or their relationships to each other. I think some time spent on Quinn and Rachel mustache twirling is fine, but I want to more of the other players in the show. Ymmv and all.

There is something very sexy/sexual about Shiri. And she's darker, non-white and she's way, way more my 'type' than Freddie Stroma or Jeremy. Jeremy is wallpaper personified. I look at him and see and feel nothing. Freddie is okay but I wasn't attracted to him until he really made that fantasy 'proposal' to Rachel. Then I was totally hooked in. To me Grace and Faith are traditionally attractive but there is something very sexy about Shiri I can't put my finger on. She's more vivacious than Freddie/Jeremy in my opinion. (Sorry for using character and actor names interchangeably, sometimes it causes complaints but honestly, it shouldn't.)

Rachel is literally, gorgeous! to me. The other women pale in comparison, for all their folderol, frippery, bedroom hair, tight clothes and false eyelashes. If you have to strap yourself into that overdone female drag to attract a guy, what's left when you wash your face?

Plus, she is important and powerful in the context of the show, so she is powerful, also attractive. Intelligence and competence are winning features. Anyway, she is incredibly pretty.

• Love 5

To me Grace and Faith are traditionally attractive but there is something very sexy about Shiri I can't put my finger on.

I like how Rachel's look varies - she's not walking around on the job looking camera ready every moment.  In the video (from her and Jeremy at the beach), she looks prettier but still natural and not overly made up. Whether she is technically more attractive than Grace or Anna, she comes across as more appealing.

• Love 2

Quinn is awesome though I call bullshit on loving someone that long and turning it off over a blowjob. Which I agree to Chet was not even cheating he seems shocked she's plotting against him. But I'll roll with it for the sake of plot.

I actually am convinced rachel and adam belong together.

All in!

Quinn is awesome though I call bullshit on loving someone that long and turning it off over a blowjob. Which I agree to Chet was not even cheating he seems shocked she's plotting against him. But I'll roll with it for the sake of plot.

I actually am convinced rachel and adam belong together.

All in!

Quinn strikes me as an all or nothing kind of girl. When Chet proposed she was all giggly and girlish and I think she allowed herself to believe that she was going to have it all--love, career, family, money, the works. When she saw Chet and Madison it was like the scales fell from her eyes, and her realistic self wiped away all the fairy dust. She feels like she was played for a fool and I'm guessing hates herself for being a sap. There's no way she's going to forgive it. She probably looked the other way when she was the other woman. But now she's the fiancee, its public, she has a ring, everyone knows. I do not think for one minute that Quinn would countenance being seen as "poor Quinn", whose guy can't not cheat on her. She'll do whatever it takes to reassert her control of the situation. I am totally on Quinn's side, too! I want to see Chet go DOWN.

• Love 5

I'm not a fan of the Madison/Chet twist because it takes me back to when I just couldn't understand Quinn/Chet. I can buy Chet being the type of guy who would escalate a talk with a 19-year-old PA to a BJ just because he can, but I struggle with accepting Quinn as either delusional about that side of Chet or, if not delusional, accepting it. 

Also, what Madison described was sexual harassment. She may not have minded, but it was still wrong and I'm pretty sure illegal for Chet to have done. I don't want the show to minimize Chet's behavior to take Quinn down a peg. 

I was also surprised at how poorly Quinn handled the conversation with Madison. I can fanwank it as her not taking Madison seriously as a person (and thus not bothering to find a point of connection), but she could have done much better. Rachel was also strangely off her game in this ep. I thought she was perfunctory with both Grace and Anna, and that neither of them would have fallen for her lies at this point in their dealings with her. It made me realize that part of what I like so much about the show is seeing Quinn and Rachel be amazing at their manipulations, and I like the episodes a little less when they're mediocre.

• Love 3
(edited)

As soon as they showed Adam Fucking the investors wife I immediately saw the "Real Adam" He will do anything to get what he wants.

As far as Rachel latching on to Jeremy, (I really can't make myself care about their pairing) I hope she is honest with him at some point.

So when did this show become a stupid romance about whether Rachel "deserves" a ring (Adams words by the way) He actually reasons that she doesn't want to become a "spinster" like Quinn. WTF! SPINSTER? And why the F does Rachel "deserve" his ring over Anna or the other one who has been consistently sucking his dick since the show began??? That last speech he gave her was some multilevel BS.  Don't make me hate you show......

Anyway, I am very interested in Quinn's outcome because she is tittering on a cliff  and I'm fascinated by who's gonna come out on top at the end.  I just don't want Chet to win.

Rachel should call  Quinn's bluff  to show the whole crew the tape and play Quinn's game for a better salary or better yet, a written statement (legally) saying she is off the hook for the debt she owes. (after she tells Jeremy first)  Quinn needs her more than she needs Quinn. 

Edited by Pacodakat
  • Love 5

Chet and Quinn are engaged, and he's getting a blow job from another woman. How is that not cheating? They never agreed to an open relationship.

Some guys believe that it's not cheating unless it's a home run. I can see Chet rationalizing it this way.

• Love 2

........even better, I bet if Chet received a blow job from a stripper, at a business meeting w/studio execs or investors, Quinn wouldn't bat an eyelash.

I think it's because Madison is her employee, an underling. Quinn's not stupid, she knows who she's  marrying.

• Love 1

........even better, I bet if Chet received a blow job from a stripper, at a business meeting w/studio execs or investors, Quinn wouldn't bat an eyelash.

I think it's because Madison is her employee, an underling. Quinn's not stupid, she knows who she's marrying.

The earlier poster said it better: this is humiliating. Anonymous sex in a situation you are unlikely to know about is different. Exercise discretion; don't shit where you eat. But Chet is "massa" of this plantation and everyone bows. He can't resist exercising his perogatives and demonstrating that Delilah has not shorn his locks.

• Love 3

My read on this whole situation is that Quinn only wanted Chet until she got him.  While she was the other woman, it seemed interesting to her, and challenging.  As soon as he said he'd left his wife, I noticed Quinn's attitude significantly changing.  And when he proposed to her, suddenly she was just absolutely reluctant to interact.  So, when she upped the ante at the end of that episode, by accepting his ring, I saw it as her mentally playing a game of "chicken" with him, and looking for "his angle."  I don't think she ever trusted the engagement... I think she always thought he was up to something with it.  And I seriously don't think she was nearly as attracted to him, after she caught him, as she thought she was before she caught him.  That may have surprised her, but I don't think she ever talked herself out of that reaction.

• Love 1

Quinn strikes me as an all or nothing kind of girl. When Chet proposed she was all giggly and girlish and I think she allowed herself to believe that she was going to have it all--love, career, family, money, the works. When she saw Chet and Madison it was like the scales fell from her eyes, and her realistic self wiped away all the fairy dust. She feels like she was played for a fool and I'm guessing hates herself for being a sap. There's no way she's going to forgive it. She probably looked the other way when she was the other woman. But now she's the fiancee, its public, she has a ring, everyone knows. I do not think for one minute that Quinn would countenance being seen as "poor Quinn", whose guy can't not cheat on her. She'll do whatever it takes to reassert her control of the situation. I am totally on Quinn's side, too! I want to see Chet go DOWN.

Hmm. Maybe. It makes sense, but in my experience, human emotions don't work that way. You love someone because you do. You get MAD. you get DISAPPOINTED. But you don't stop loving. I totally bought her as loving him so much she knew his medical history, the docs thought they were married, and when she thought it was hopeless she was going to leave. This... I can get behind her being very very upset but not the not talking about it or threatening but just going right to def con 1. Though it makes for good TV, it doesn't jibe with anything I've seen in life.

My read on this whole situation is that Quinn only wanted Chet until she got him.  While she was the other woman, it seemed interesting to her, and challenging.  As soon as he said he'd left his wife, I noticed Quinn's attitude significantly changing.  And when he proposed to her, suddenly she was just absolutely reluctant to interact.  So, when she upped the ante at the end of that episode, by accepting his ring, I saw it as her mentally playing a game of "chicken" with him, and looking for "his angle."  I don't think she ever trusted the engagement... I think she always thought he was up to something with it.  And I seriously don't think she was nearly as attracted to him, after she caught him, as she thought she was before she caught him.  That may have surprised her, but I don't think she ever talked herself out of that reaction.

I do not buy this at all.

She kept the cast he signed. She was giggly. She was with him for YEARS. I don't think a 47 year old woman would do this. Just don't.  I didn't see reluctance but surprise and being afraid to believe it when he proposed.

• Love 3

Finally caught up with the show, which has been a very pleasant surprise.

I...don't understand how the show is portraying Jeremy. I feel like until this past episode, I was seeing him as an entirely different character. I thought he, too, was dark like Rachel -- hence, the rough sex with the fiancee, a nice girl who he thought could "tame" him. I thought Rachel saw in him a kind of kindred spirit and thought that two messed up people could be happy together.

So, this "he's a safe, boring guy with a safe, boring house and safe, boring friends" threw me for a loop. How is someone who just cheated to be with you "safe" in any universe? I'm familiar with the "safe boring guy vs. complex interesting guy" trope, but until this episode, I had no idea that's what the show was selling. Until now, Jeremy seemed just as screwed up as Rachel. Showing him now as the "safe" choice vs. Adam seems lacking evidence, to me. All I can think is the show switched gears on the type of story they wanted to tell with Jeremy and just forgot to tell the audience.

I guess they could say that Adam doesn't know what really happened with Jeremy, but the audience does, and since Adam has proved to have a pretty reliable point of view thus far, the idea that he's parroting Jeremy is the safe choice doesn't really jive with what I've seen onscreen. Unless he's going for a technicality, because anyone is a safe choice compared to Adam. But it just didn't quite work for me.

I don't particularly like Jeremy or Adam, though. I'll be in my corner crying over the waste of chemistry that was Quinn and Chet. I'm happy she's taking him down, but...damn. I wish he didn't suck so much (...and that joke just wrote itself).

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 3

I think Jeremy, while a cheater, is more portrayed as someone who was with fiancee really on the rebound, and never fell out of love with Rachel. I mean, it wasn't 10 years later.

I still wish Quinn and Chet could be together but that's clearly not where show is heading.

• Love 2
I think Jeremy, while a cheater, is more portrayed as someone who was with fiancee really on the rebound, and never fell out of love with Rachel. I mean, it wasn't 10 years later.

I don't think Jeremy and Rachel were broken up for even a year before he got engaged, so it was definitely a rebound. It makes me wonder what he told Lizzie about him and Rachel. She really got screwed, but she was such a plot point I can't get too worked up over that.

• Love 2

Wasn't there a brief scene with Lizzie and Jeremy after Rachel's roommate released the video where we learned Jeremy had told Lizzie that Rachel was just a brief fling?

I actually liked Lizzie a lot. I know she's a strange character to connect to since she was basically just a placeholder for plot, but she just seemed like a normal person, who had a fairly cool job that didn't directly involve throwing away her ethics and personal integrity on a daily basis. I liked having her as a breath of the recognizable world. I wish the writers had her dump Jeremy instead of the other way around.

• Love 3