Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Easier Said than Done

After a national wide search, two lucky fans were selected to take on a special fourteen-day survival challenge.  A nurturing mother, and an independent adventurer try to survive in the rainforests of Nicaragua.  Can they conquer two weeks Naked and Afraid?

As a fan of the show, in that I watch it and find it entertaining (most especially when some whiny butt gets their comeuppance), I'm super curious about what segment of the self-proclaimed fan base watches this week after week and thinks "Well, I don't even have fundamental wildlife survival skills, but SIGN ME UP!" I mean, I've hated camping since Girl Scouts...but how much of the target demographic thinks this looks like fun? (As opposed to the gleeful schadenfreude with which I enjoy the show.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

"Well, I don't even have fundamental wildlife survival skills, but SIGN ME UP!"

Well, Little Ms. Superfan who got a shot at it in this episode seems to have fit that bill.  It was a good thing that the guy she was with was a bit more prepared for the realities. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Li'l Ms. Superfan made a couple of negative responses to Mr. Superfan's ideas and accomplishments.

After watching enough episodes to be selected for the show, I would have guessed she would see how important to success appreciation of a partner's efforts is.  Instead she wants to be remembered on TV for being critical of her partner.  

Another funny one, I want to be on Naked and Afraid but 'do not want anyone to see my booty'.

Different people ideas of success are really interesting to see, people just have different goals.

• Love 1

It seems like every episode starts out with the guy suggesting we make camp here. The women agrees and then accuses the guy of being bossy.

I found the episode entertaining. I never knew about a vote or contest to pick the survivors. Good thing they only had to do 14 days. I don't think they could have lasted another day. I think the problem they were having starting a fire was for some unknown reason, they were trying to start the fire in a hole. A hole isn't the same as a pit surrounded with lose rocks. Air needs to flow in from the sides.

I think bringing fishing wire only makes sense if you're near a place to actually fish. Even then I question if it make sense over say a pot to boil water in or a machete.

• Love 3

Guy is from my town.  Show itself was blah.  They both had their drawbacks but I cannot deal with cheery people who don't want to seem to help out.  Having said that she took what he said to heart and ultimately was responsible for their last food source so that was nice to see.  

how much of the target demographic thinks this looks like fun?

I wasn't aware of any recruitment or vote to get audience members to do one of these challenges.  Not that I would have.  Anyone who would watch this show and think it would be fun deserves whatever they get. 

It totally freaked me out when Paolo just fell back (passed out?). 

• Love 1

I think the problem they were having starting a fire was for some unknown reason, they were trying to start the fire in a hole. A hole isn't the same as a pit surrounded with lose rocks. Air needs to flow in from the sides.

Kristin said in the Facebook Q&A: "It was really, really windy and if we had built it on the flat ground we were afraid that it would light our shelter on fire."

Best part of this episode was Kristen eating the sandwich at the very end with her son. The faces and comments she was making cracked me up !

Mr. Grumpypanda and I both thought Kristen looked really stoned in that segment. Me thinks Kristen had a serious case of the munchkin.

• Love 1