Type keyword(s) to search

Pretty Little Theories

I was all set to lol over Harvey Dent when I realized: is this another dissociative identity disorder reference? As noted, Harvey Dent is Two-Face. And of course it's Aria at the computer.

Oh AriA, I just can't quit you.

• Love 6

I was all set to lol over Harvey Dent when I realized: is this another dissociative identity disorder reference? As noted, Harvey Dent is Two-Face. And of course it's Aria at the computer.

Oh AriA, I just can't quit you.

I think you're reading WAY too much into this... anyway, LOL! 

Perhaps, but everything on that screen was chosen and placed deliberately, so that means Aria was discussing a fence-building project with someone. We know that DID runs in her family, as they were discussing it with regards to Mike, and she's had three vivid hallucinations on-screen (A in the bathroom, Holbrook with "the lies, the murders, the cover-ups" and Shana in the coffin). "The Mirror Has Two Faces" was an episode title too, right?

• Love 2

Perhaps, but everything on that screen was chosen and placed deliberately, so that means Aria was discussing a fence-building project with someone. We know that DID runs in her family, as they were discussing it with regards to Mike, and she's had three vivid hallucinations on-screen (A in the bathroom, Holbrook with "the lies, the murders, the cover-ups" and Shana in the coffin). "The Mirror Has Two Faces" was an episode title too, right?

Can you please become a pll writer? I think you would do much better than the current ones.... love this idea.

I think it was 3 faces in the title. The 3 faces were Hannah in Ali's mirror, Ali in a picture on the mirror, and Red Coat with a mask of Ali (or possibly, Ali wearing a mask of her own face as you do).

I always loved Aria's panic attacks. Like of course PTSD is expected but panic attacks in the bathroom are just SO Aria you know?

AriA is my most amusing theory, she's so self absorbed she just rarely reacts to anything that has nothing to do with her or Ezra.

I thought the picture above was of Mrs.D's  inbox?

• Love 1

I think it was 3 faces in the title. The 3 faces were Hannah in Ali's mirror, Ali in a picture on the mirror, and Red Coat with a mask of Ali (or possibly, Ali wearing a mask of her own face as you do).

I always loved Aria's panic attacks. Like of course PTSD is expected but panic attacks in the bathroom are just SO Aria you know?

AriA is my most amusing theory, she's so self absorbed she just rarely reacts to anything that has nothing to do with her or Ezra.

I thought the picture above was of Mrs.D's inbox?

Oh well, it was a fun theory. I haven't seen the episodes in question for a while, so I guess that it's time for a rewatch! I don't know whose email Aria is reading; were those screen shots taken from separate scenes?

I'm going to try to rewatch this season before the next one starts in June.

Also. On a rather tangent note, I just saw The Fast and The Furious 7 and I have to say, in comparison, Pretty Little Liars looks like a reality TV show in terms of making sense!

• Love 1

I really don't feel Jason so much. Unless he died in the elevator shaft and his twin took over when he came back in season 4.

I actually noticed something upon rewatch. The guy Spencer finds in the woods with the fake tattoo has the same wound that Jason had after the fire at the school that Mona was nursing.

So there's that, and the fact that he told Ali that he remembers things differently from their childhood.

Then again there's no way he could've been in Rosewood and full time at the dollhouse for a month.

I just finished the latest season on netflix and watching the dollhouse ep, it made me think. Could A be one of the parents? Like Alison Dad? Could he be A?

What makes you think that?

I'm interested in finding out because while I think the parents are consistently shady on this show, the idea never crossed my mind because it always seemed like A is someone connected to everyone we know, but he is not one of them. Like someone constantly looking from the outside in.

What makes you think that?

I'm interested in finding out because while I think the parents are consistently shady on this show, the idea never crossed my mind because it always seemed like A is someone connected to everyone we know, but he is not one of them. Like someone constantly looking from the outside in.

Well during the DollHouse ep when Mona got the note saying, "Your my favorite," It made me think of Friday the 13th and Jason Mom getting revenge.

I just finished the latest season on netflix and watching the dollhouse ep, it made me think. Could A be one of the parents? Like Alison Dad? Could he be A?

That's actually a good point. That would explain the old toys. Maybe Mr. D found out that the boys weren't his or something and he plays that film to remember better days. He has the money and the motive. Doesn't explain what happened to the second boy but maybe he killed him, lol. A theory is a theory, right?

Guys I just had a crazy thought.

Could it be Wilden?

I know Wren, Jason (twin) and Cece are the prime suspects right now. But maybe the whole fake Mona death thing and framing Ali and the liars for it mirrors Wilden's murder in season 4?

The writers said to look for someone who's physically strong and that Mona looking fake dead as hell won't be the last character to be resurrected. Wren doesn't seem like someone you want on your side when in a bar fight. Wilden got hit by a goddamn car and was barely knocked out.

He has a long history with Rosewood and is connected to the parents, the Jason/Melissa/Ian generation and the liars.

no? just me?

• Love 1

Guys I just had a crazy thought.

Could it be Wilden?

I know Wren, Jason (twin) and Cece are the prime suspects right now. But maybe the whole fake Mona death thing and framing Ali and the liars for it mirrors Wilden's murder in season 4?

The writers said to look for someone who's physically strong and that Mona looking fake dead as hell won't be the last character to be resurrected. Wren doesn't seem like someone you want on your side when in a bar fight. Wilden got hit by a goddamn car and was barely knocked out.

He has a long history with Rosewood and is connected to the parents, the Jason/Melissa/Ian generation and the liars.

no? just me?

I thought this while watching the pilot episode. He was way too pivotal to the plot to not be involved somehow. I know we saw him dead but been there, done that, right? Was he board shorts or beach hottie?

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought this while watching the pilot episode. He was way too pivotal to the plot to not be involved somehow. I know we saw him dead but been there, done that, right? Was he board shorts or beach hottie?

Ezra was Board Shorts because of the beer he was drinking at the pub where he and Ali used to hang.

Wilden was in Cape May. There's a photo of him with Ali and Cece on a boat, which, Emily first saw at the police station then when she came back to take a picture it was gone (possibly Wilden removed it himself).

Then the whole Jason down the elevator shaft happened because he was retrieving that photo from his dad's office.

The thing is, the Ali was pregnant / Who is beach hottie/ What's Wilden's connection etc... story lines were dropped completely by mid season 4.

I'm guessing this could be where the story was headed all along but then they had to drag it out for another season and then for another 2?

It's just find it really weird that no one asked Ali about the pregnancy/ Wilden.

I'm not sure if I'd love Wilden as A or hate it.

If we're supposed to feel sorry for Charles/A I'm not sure I see that happening with Wilden because he's just one of those characters that are like DESIGNED to be hated. The guy has no redeeming qualities aside from his abs.

Edited by raytch
  • Love 2
(edited)

New theory: Charles is Dr. Sullivan's adopted son. She always shows up at the most convenient times and A suddenly feels really threatened when they go to her. We know she was working with some incarnation of A, whether it be MonA or Uber or Big or whatever. After pulling out a file, she suddenly knew who A was. We assumed it was MonA but she also gave some bullcrap excuse about hyper reality. We know that she has a son because when she returned in season 1 after the MonA reveal, she said that MonA had threatened her son. That seemed like such a lame excuse back then but what if there's more to it? She only shows up every now and then when they need her for something, so maybe she's closer to A than we think.

Edit: She would also have reasonable connections with Radley. This includes finding a mentally ill son, authorizing guest passes at opportune moments, and the game being stolen from MonA.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 2

New theory: Charles is Dr. Sullivan's adopted son. She always shows up at the most convenient times and A suddenly feels really threatened when they go to her. We know she was working with some incarnation of A, whether it be MonA or Uber or Big or whatever. After pulling out a file, she suddenly knew who A was. We assumed it was MonA but she also gave some bullcrap excuse about hyper reality. We know that she has a son because when she returned in season 1 after the MonA reveal, she said that MonA had threatened her son. That seemed like such a lame excuse back then but what if there's more to it? She only shows up every now and then when they need her for something, so maybe she's closer to A than we think.

I'm 100% on board with this idea because it's the first plausible theory I've heard. In fact, it's so good I'm entirely convinced the writers would never go in that direction.

• Love 3
(edited)

"Aria is A" theories are a favorite of mine, even though half of the time I don't seriously expect it to happen but I have to share this post with you guys. The person who made it did an amazing job, imo. There is quite a lot of stuff I never noticed before and I'm always on the look out for clues pointing to to Aria. By the end of the post, I personally went from thinking Aria being A is a fun theory to wondering how can she not be. Definitely worth check it out.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley

"Aria is A" theories are a favorite of mine, even though half of the time I don't seriously expect it to happen but I have to share this post with you guys. The person who made it did an amazing job, imo. There is quite a lot of stuff I never noticed before and I'm always on the look out for clues pointing to to Aria. By the end of the post, I personally went from thinking Aria being A is a fun theory to wondering how can she not be. Definitely worth check it out.

That was an entertaining post. I've seen a lot of those theories in the past, but it was nice to see all those details in one spot. And how hilarious would it be if Ezra was dating A and not knowing it? Best line of that post is "bitch has like 38 phones." Because I have noticed that one before.

• Love 2

I don't think Aria is A, even though I've seen some very elaborate theories and I admit there are so many clues pointing to her.

But I think she's the only one of the liars we haven't seen her struggle with herself.

Hanna struggled with her weight and the kind of person she became when Mona turned her into her Ali.

Spencer has to deal with her memory gaps, drug problems, and her nerves breakdown in the woods which lead to her going to Radley.

Emily had to struggle with all her feelings for Ali.

Aria's struggles on the other hand are always about her family/ friends/ love life. The only time she came close to spiraling was when she found out about Ezra and went apeshit on his apartment. But we didn't really see her go through any memories we hadn't seen already (all flashbacks were Ezra).

I feel like she could have something that ties to the Ali story and the writers have kept her secret till the end because of that.

The clue about her having a file number at Dr. Sullivan's is a pretty strong one. Maybe all the Montgomerys do because of the family's history with mental illness. So maybe Byron makes sure they all get the proper therapy and guidance in order not to snap.

If Bethany is related to Charles, then honestly it would make a lot more sense for Charles to be a Dilaurentis but later adopted into the Montgomery family?

I don't know but the Montgomery family is connected to all of this.

• Love 1

I definitely think after tonight's episode that Charles is Wren.

My reasons are:

The Radley connection. There's no record of Charles DiLaurentis after age 16, but we know Dr. Wren worked there. Actually volunteered and regularly broke the rules/got around them. Wouldn't someone who grew up there know the ins and outs of the rules?

The accent. Like the DiLaurentis family tells the truth. Wren is like Charles's Vivian Darkbloom.

But what about Spencer and Melissa? If Charles is the older brother of Jason, he's not related to either girl. Fair game. He's a DiLaurentis through and through. Only Jason is half Hastings.

Why didn't Peter notice Charles? The Hastings probably knew. Spencer said Charles seemed familiar when she was in the room with him. Was it because he's Wren? The Hastings parents lie too btw. They lie. No one tells the truth on this damn show.

• Love 5
(edited)

Right now I'm torn between Wren and Wilden. Jason's mention of him tonight made my ears perk up but I need to go rewatch a few episodes before I'm fully on that train. Yeah, Ali made out with him but Melissa dated Jason...

Wren makes more sense right now though. But if he grew up in Radley, wouldn't someone have noticed him masquerading as a doctor? Unless he was still a patient and one of his psychosis disorders was to dress as a doctor...

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 2
(edited)

Right now I'm torn between Wren and Wilden. Jason's mention of him tonight made my ears perk up but I need to go rewatch a few episodes before I'm fully on that train. Yeah, Ali made out with him but Melissa dated Jason...

Wren makes more sense right now though. But if he grew up in Radley, wouldn't someone have noticed him masquerading as a doctor? Unless he was still a patient and one of his psychosis disorders was to dress as a doctor...

I'm gonna double check to see if Wilden disappeared after the elevator incident.

Wren met Melissa in Philly (or am I remembering wrong?), and he worked at the Rosewood hospital. I don't see how they would allow him to do this outside of Radley with actual patients.

Edited by raytch
  • Love 1

Unless we consider the season 1 statement of Mrs. DiLaurentis is on every board. She's on the board at Radley and says "I'm keeping this place open! Let my poor son,who didn't get a life be a British doctor. Who's he hurting? That's not a real prescription pad. There are real doctors and security here." Wren was probably no longer a patient or Melissa lied about where she met Wren. She could've gone crazy after The Night Of the ManyYellow Tops and ended up in Radley too. Except she met a British doctor and went back to normal very quickly, so when Spencer went in, the Hastings expected her to as well. It would also explain why Peter loathes Wren, but forgave Ian. Because when he researched Wren, he learned he's that psycho kid The DiLaurentis family had. Why didn't they tell? Blackmail.

Now watch Chales be someone dumb like CeCe.

Well what do you know?

Jason fell down the elevator shaft in 3x19. Wilden was hit by a car in 3x20, practically less than a day after that.

Maybe Jason didn't go straight to his aunt's house, given that the flashback scene happened during the day and he fell down the elevator shaft at night. Maybe he slept somewhere else for that night and then decided to go to aunt Carol's house a day after that?

it would make sense if Wilden was there because he also needed time to recover from him being hit by Ashley.

I really don't want to believe Cece is A. I would've taken it without the Charles backstory, but now that he's been introduced it would be such a cop out to have someone else finishing his mission or transitioning into him or whatever...

• Love 2

According to the timeline, Charles was 21 in 2007 when Marion was killed.

Does anyone remember if it was confirmed that Jessica Dilaurentis paid Wilden? Or was it just a speculation because we know he was paid for the cover up?

In any case, Charles doesn't have to be the fragile patient on the roof that night... That could still be Bethany, especially that Charles left Radley at the age of 16. So that's 5 years after that.

(edited)

So, I have a whole new theory about what's happening with this show. It's not that new,it borrows from a theory we've talked about a few times here but just hear me out. I binge watched all of the last five seasons before season six started and so I've been trying to make some sort of sense of this nonsense. I think that Ali did die on Labor Day and all of this- the whole show is one of the girls in a mental institution. For some reason, I think the girl who would be in the mental institution is Aria. I don't know but I think she's just thinking about what life would like if Ali died but then didn't and the show will end with her in a mental ward and writing a story, which is this. 

Anyway, back to last nights episode, I would say Wren is a good bet for being Charles because I don't think Charles dead.

Marlene has confirmed many times that the whole show did not take place in someone's head! Despite all the lies she's told over the years I REALLY wanna believe this statement is true, otherwise she would have a class-action lawsuit on her hands... and she would so deserve it!

Edited by Giuliano Lanzilli
(edited)

I'm on the Wren is A train too. I still can't decide if I think Wren is Charles himself, or if Wren just knew him from his days volunteering at Radley and sympathized with him because of his own family issues, causing him go out and torture Alison on his behalf because he blames her for Charles getting institutionalized.

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 4

Well what do you know?

Jason fell down the elevator shaft in 3x19. Wilden was hit by a car in 3x20, practically less than a day after that.

Maybe Jason didn't go straight to his aunt's house, given that the flashback scene happened during the day and he fell down the elevator shaft at night. Maybe he slept somewhere else for that night and then decided to go to aunt Carol's house a day after that?

it would make sense if Wilden was there because he also needed time to recover from him being hit by Ashley.

Thanks for looking into that! I'm not riding the Wilden train but my butt is definitely in the seat, waiting for it to leave the station. He disappeared for a long time after being hit by that car and A played with Hanna for awhile by putting the car in her garage and the pig in the trunk...if he were A he would have no problems pulling either of those things off and then scampering off to Carol's house. Or you know, his bunker.

CeCe is also the one who "killed" him, right? Given how shady she is, she could have been helping him disappear. They could have met while in Radley, which is why CeCe sought out this HS girl and introduced her to Wilden at Camp May. Get him closer to his target.

• Love 1

Hey everyone,

First post! I've got a theory I'm working on, but I haven't had time to rewatch episodes to confirm or poke holes in it. Maybe you guys can?

Peter Hastings is A. Alison and Jason find out that Peter is the father of Jessica's son, but do we know how? Do we know for sure it's Jason? What if Peter is actually Charles' father, and went along with being Jason's father to keep Charles a secret? So assuming that's true, Charles is Peter's first-born. Charles grows into a disturbed child because Kenneth treats him poorly out of resentment of the affair. When Charles is committed, Jessica chooses Radley so Charles will be near Peter. Peter has many long years of growing resentment, and after Charles' supposed suicide, Peter's resentment turns into full-blown hatred with a dose of crazy. He hates Alison for causing his son to be institutionalized, he has strong emotions about his daughter being friends with her, he hates Hanna for wanting to be her, he hates Emily for loving her, and he doesn't really care about Aria but feels the need to punish her a bit for ever having those terrible pink streaks in her hair. When the opportunity arises for him to steal the game from Mona, he jumps on it. He tries to shut down Radley because his son is dead, but Jessica wants to keep it open for Bethany/Mr. Young. He picks Melissa's prom as a representation of what Charles should have been able to do.

There's been a lot of loose ends opened up with him that are never resolved, like the hockey stick buried in the Hastings' yard and the Losartan possibly used to murder Jessica. He has the funds and the muscle to pull off being A. When Melissa tells Spencer she's been protecting Spencer since before this started, maybe she knew something about Peter and Charles? Or maybe Melissa is in on it as the Black Widow.

Charles may or may not be dead. I don't think he really committed suicide at 16 because I think he was involved in the Endless Night of Yellow Tops somehow. He could have died somehow after that, or maybe he's on the A team helping his daddy get revenge on the bitches who lived the life he wanted.

This is a bit off the wall and probably wrong, but I thought I'd throw it out there :)

Hey everyone,

First post! I've got a theory I'm working on, but I haven't had time to rewatch episodes to confirm or poke holes in it. Maybe you guys can?

Peter Hastings is A. Alison and Jason find out that Peter is the father of Jessica's son, but do we know how? Do we know for sure it's Jason? What if Peter is actually Charles' father, and went along with being Jason's father to keep Charles a secret? So assuming that's true, Charles is Peter's first-born. Charles grows into a disturbed child because Kenneth treats him poorly out of resentment of the affair. When Charles is committed, Jessica chooses Radley so Charles will be near Peter. Peter has many long years of growing resentment, and after Charles' supposed suicide, Peter's resentment turns into full-blown hatred with a dose of crazy. He hates Alison for causing his son to be institutionalized, he has strong emotions about his daughter being friends with her, he hates Hanna for wanting to be her, he hates Emily for loving her, and he doesn't really care about Aria but feels the need to punish her a bit for ever having those terrible pink streaks in her hair. When the opportunity arises for him to steal the game from Mona, he jumps on it. He tries to shut down Radley because his son is dead, but Jessica wants to keep it open for Bethany/Mr. Young. He picks Melissa's prom as a representation of what Charles should have been able to do.

There's been a lot of loose ends opened up with him that are never resolved, like the hockey stick buried in the Hastings' yard and the Losartan possibly used to murder Jessica. He has the funds and the muscle to pull off being A. When Melissa tells Spencer she's been protecting Spencer since before this started, maybe she knew something about Peter and Charles? Or maybe Melissa is in on it as the Black Widow.

Charles may or may not be dead. I don't think he really committed suicide at 16 because I think he was involved in the Endless Night of Yellow Tops somehow. He could have died somehow after that, or maybe he's on the A team helping his daddy get revenge on the bitches who lived the life he wanted.

This is a bit off the wall and probably wrong, but I thought I'd throw it out there :)

Welcome aboard!

I never really considered the possibility of A being one of the parents but I could see one of the Dilaurentises or Hastings funding A without exactly knowing what he's doing.

Peter is superior shady and I'm sure he knows more than he lets on.

The fact that he wanted to shut down Radley and now it's magically closed could be a big clue towards his involvement.

Maybe he knew about Charles and helped Jessica keep him a secret all these years.

I don't know if Charles could be his. It's a possibility but probably because he went at it with Mrs D more than once?

I'm sure it's not that he thinks it's Jason because Mrs D told him my eldest son is yours. They've stayed in touch along the years it would be very unlikely that he never asked her "you mean Jason? "

Charles belonging to Mr. Hastings would be beautiful. Spencer said she didn't know him but he felt familiar. We all figured that she must have known him from somewhere but what if the familiar feeling is from that of a brother she didn't know existed? You hear people meeting biological relatives talk about feeling an instant connection, that could be the familiarity that Spencer felt.

• Love 2

Crazy plot twist theory: The reason that Jason and Charles look so young for their ages relative to Ali in that movie is that the girl that Charles tried to drown/scald to death wasn't actually our Alison but an older sister, he either eventually succeeded in killing her or the girl was taken away by CPS because of her injuries. Ali's parents are crazy and twisted enough that they had another daughter, also named her Alison, and pretended she was the original.

• Love 3

We've been jerked around by IMK for too long. Since this show has begun, it's gone from AriA to Double Ali, MelissA, JennA, ShAnA, MonA, Andrew, EzrA, Toby, Spencer (thought really, no A's in her name), Wren/ChArles, ChArles/JAson, Wilden/ChArles, CeCe, Mrs. D, now Peter......even the bird, Tippi.

What if AriA is Uber A, Hanna is Red Coat, Spencer is Black Veil, Emily -A, and Ali is Charles- and they can't find the people "after" them because they're chasing each other? What if Mona was the victim all along and these five girls are just crazy as hell?

• Love 5