Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 07/27/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

(edited)

The red cups and food emphasize how "cool" and "edgy" this show is now! I mean who else does this kind of stuff on live tv?

Wayne's World.  Public Access TV circa 1989, live from Wayne's parents basement.   Ha!

For those who have no memory [or are too young to know] of the SNL sketches and character, here's the Wikipedia info

Wayne's World was originally a recurring sketch from the NBC television series Saturday Night Live.[1][2] It evolved from a segment titled "Wayne's Power Minute" (1987) on the CBC Television series It's Only Rock & Roll, as the main character first appeared in that show.[3][4] The Saturday Night Live sketch spawned two films, and several catchphrases which have since entered the pop-culture lexicon. The sketch centered on a local public-access television program in Aurora, Illinois, hosted by Wayne Campbell (Mike Myers, the same actor from "Wayne's Power Minute"), an enthusiastic and sardonic long-haired metalhead, and his timid and sometimes high-strung, yet equally metal-loving sidekick and best friend, Garth Algar (Dana Carvey). Wayne lives with his parents and broadcasts his show "live" from the basement of their house every Friday evening at 10:30. The first "Wayne's World" sketch appeared in the 13th Saturday Night Live episode of 1988/1989.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

I'm also revolted by Whoopi's insistence on eating while pontificating, but my memories are of her claiming many years ago that she was "never hungry" & could go sans food for lengthy periods, until her companions would beg for bread - whatta switch!

• Love 6
(edited)

I only watched some of Monday’s episode to see Nicole’s dress that some mentioned on here – yah, deep, I know.   Whoopie farted at the 6:50 min. mark and then, with potato chip in hand, began the discussion about the death of Whitney Houston’s daughter – keeping it classy!  Plastic cups were clinked in a toast to the poor dead girl.

Later, around the 9:00 min. mark, she intros a story about Trump and then Nicole takes over.  Whoop keeps reaching in front of Nicole, while she’s speaking, to grab more chips…her eyes fixed on the food on the table the whole time, as if she hasn’t been fed in days.  Then, with a comment about speaking out her ass, she turns around for a sniff - the shit show continues. 

Rosie brings up a film she feels mirrors Trump’s effect on the GOP race only to be interrupted by WG who seems to have intercepted RP’s talking points – what’s that about?  Rosie looks lost.  This firing people and making them appear through the end of their contract crap has to end.  It’s wrong.
WG ends her interception with a reference to everything going down the toilet. Of course. That’s it! Three poop/ ass references and I’m out.  TV off.

I’m counting on you folks for next week’s recaps and snark.  Happy weekend!

ETA: link to Mondays ss.   http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/episode-guide/2015-07/27-monday-july-27-2015

Edited by Eire
  • Love 11

I only watched some of Monday’s episode to see Nicole’s dress that some mentioned on here – yah, deep, I know.   Whoopie farted at the 6:50 min. mark and then, with potato chip in hand, began the discussion about the death of Whitney Houston’s daughter – keeping it classy!  Plastic cups were clinked in a toast to the poor dead girl.

Later, around the 9:00 min. mark, she intros a story about Trump and then Nicole takes over.  Whoop keeps reaching in front of Nicole, while she’s speaking, to grab more chips…her eyes fixed on the food on the table the whole time, as if she hasn’t been fed in days.  Then, with a comment about speaking out her ass, she turns around for a sniff - the shit show continues. 

Rosie brings up a film she feels mirrors Trump’s effect on the GOP race only to be interrupted by WG who seems to have intercepted RP’s talking points – what’s that about?  Rosie looks lost.  This firing people and making them appear through the end of their contract crap has to end.  It’s wrong.

WG ends her interception with a reference to everything going down the toilet. Of course. That’s it! Three poop/ ass references and I’m out.  TV off.

I’m counting on you folks for next week’s recaps and snark.  Happy weekend!

ETA: link to Mondays ss.   http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/episode-guide/2015-07/27-monday-july-27-2015

Thanks for the excellent recap Eire!   It sounds like you last as long as I do watching this craptastic show, but you gave me an idea.  I'm going to try and watch until Whoopi does three disgusting things and see how long it takes.  Once in while I've watched a clip online (after reading about here) with the sound off and it's almost entertaining.  Almost. 

Well I have missed the show the past 2 days.... if something strikes me Ill make a comment... but Ill do my best not to

:)

Roger, This made me think of that great line from the movie Office Space when the Bobs say, "Looks like you've been missing alot of work lately?"  And  the main character responds, "I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob."  

• Love 3

No Whoopi... Elisabeth is not a racist because she asked a question..... what she actually is is an ignorant apologist who will look for any reason to defend a cop doing the wrong thing..... They kept saying Elisabeth just asked a question.... well lets look at that question.... Was the cop right in escalating the situation because the irate woman could have used her lit cigarette as a weapon??

The bottom line is the cop ASKED her to put out her cigarette and she politely said no... and he felt the need to taser her because of his demand for power.

Now you know Whopi... and you should understand... you are the queen apologist..... and you know this because the people who hold you accountable threatened you enough where you dropped to your knees and changed your tune

Yes Im annoyed

• Love 10

If the hosts are "going to party" for two weeks because they're losing two beloved friends, why is everything so tacky?  Plastic cups?  Geez.  The only benefit I see is that viewers don't know what's in them:  V-8?  "Mommy Juice"?  Jack?  Milkshakes.  Tah-KEE!

• Love 5

Anyone else think that Babs needs mommy juice watching this farse?

Has she been back since Rosie O left?   Those crafty sessions with Barbara & Rosie were pretty much the only good thing in this season for me. 

• Love 3

Anyone else think that Babs needs mommy juice watching this farse?

Can you imagine Barbara being on the show with Raven every day? Contrast Lisa Ling with Raven for the young demographic!

• Love 7
(edited)

I just watched a clip of the interview and I couldn't believe how stupid the Sacramento "news" team was.  They got her name wrong.  The man said, "You've been so busy, do you find it easier to focus when you're busy?"  Naturally Cara looked confused.  Then he said that he liked the movie because the teenagers didn't talk like teenagers but like middle-aged screen writers.  Naturally Cara looked insulted.  Finally the fake chipper newswoman told Cara the classic passive-aggressive, "You seem irritated!"  Naturally, Cara looked irritated.  Then they closed the interview, and after Cara was no longer there to defend herself, made fun of her and  made rude comments about taking her meds (I just love the digs at mental illness from idiots like this.)  I feel sorry for the people in Sacramento who have to wake up to those two everyday.

You should post this on their FB page, I posted similar comments and got over 22 likes so far!!!

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 1

They're much better with dogs than human guests. I also thought I heard Nicholle say her son has a service dog (or maybe a therapy dog?). Has she ever mentioned why? I'm just curious.

• Love 2

I love these dog shows. However, I hate that Whoopie always acts like she's going to adopt one and never does. It just adds to her phoniness. I don't know why Nichole's son has a therapy dog but I do know that here in Maryland, it's fairly easy to make your dog into an emotional support therapy dog so that the dog can go everywhere with you.

• Love 6
(edited)

However, I hate that Whoopie always acts like she's going to adopt one and never does.

Exactly Bronzedog!!  She's done this EVERY time they've had dogs on the show like she's Mother Fucking Earth, and then ....  Everything about her makes me want to vomit.

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 10
I don't know why Nichole's son has a therapy dog but I do know that here in Maryland, it's fairly easy to make your dog into an emotional support therapy dog so that the dog can go everywhere with you.

I saw a guy shopping in a furniture store carrying the tiniest Chihuahua I've ever seen AND the little critter was wearing a "service dog" vest!

Can't watch the show until later.  I do enjoy the mutt show...just to see the dogs, but I WISH they would tell the audience ahead of time to NOT clap or cheer.  And, like their "warm-up comedian" does for rousing applause...remind them every three or four minutes.  

• Love 6

They're much better with dogs than human guests. I also thought I heard Nicholle say her son has a service dog (or maybe a therapy dog?). Has she ever mentioned why? I'm just curious.

I thought that Nicolle said "my friend's therapy dog".

I played it back -  she said "My son has a service animal".

Does her son have some sort of disability?

Because if he doesn't - is this one of those celebrity perks?  I hear all the time about celebs who have to travel with service animals because of anxiety, which pisses me off, because air travel is hard enough without having to deal with other people's pets - noises, odor, dander, etc. 

My first thought when I saw that airport doggie lounge with the pool was how terrible it would be to be stuck on a plane  with that wet-dog smell. 

• Love 4

Ugh....ugh, ugh, ugh. Tuned in today because normally I enjoy dog shows. But the screaming and darting fingers and so many people on top of the dog at the same time? Just no.

BTW twit (Raven) your $300 luggage fees are not going to the ARC at JFK. Idiot.

There has been an animal facility at JFK since the 1950's. More and more animals come to the USA. Some need to be quarantined...like racehorses, cattle, zoo animals, livestock etc. The company building this is paying JFK 5M a year for a 27 year lease. The facility is estimated to be $48M. Do the math, Raven. Read an article. It is not for just dogs and penguins.

I can't stand her.

Nor Whoopi....she grabbed the dog and tuned out of the rest of the show and gained all kinds of brownie points. But I remember a cat that she had adopted and never a mention of it since....same with a pair of dogs (or just one).

Nor will I miss Rosie's endless statistics mixed in some conversation about something. I always feel whip lashed after she finishes her word puzzle.

• Love 8

I totally get why a disabled kid would need a service animal.   But don't non-disabled kids (and adults)  have to learn to cope with frustration on their own?  I've heard about Hollywood people who "can't go anywhere without my pet" because they're going to have a panic attack.  Does that mean when your pet dies, you will stop living as well? 

I am deathly allergic to cats, but Ok around most dogs.  Some people are allergic to dogs.   Do people with animal allergies have to be worried about sitting on airplanes now, because others have service animals?   If I were on a plane with a cat, and that circulated air on a  plane, I would end up being very ill, and in need of medical intervention.  I imagine the same thing could happen to a person allergic to dogs.

I just don't get it.  If you are vision-impaired, have autism, any severe disability, yeah, I get that a trained animal can help you.   But for anxiety?   there are therapies!   And an emotional support animal for a young child?  isn't "emotional support"  the job of PARENTS??????  Where does Nicolle's son go where he needs a pet with him? 

• Love 3

I played it back -  she said "My son has a service animal".

Does her son have some sort of disability?

Because if he doesn't - is this one of those celebrity perks?  I hear all the time about celebs who have to travel with service animals because of anxiety, which pisses me off, because air travel is hard enough without having to deal with other people's pets - noises, odor, dander, etc. 

My first thought when I saw that airport doggie lounge with the pool was how terrible it would be to be stuck on a plane  with that wet-dog smell. 

I didn't keep it so no playback, I take your word for it.  Service animals have become the norm, for good reason - but if this is a case of a privileged person taking advantage I say BOO.  She does always make a point that they travel with their animals.  I don't think there has any been any indication that Liam? has issues that would require a service dog.

• Love 1
(edited)

I do enjoy the mutt show...just to see the dogs, but I WISH they would tell the audience ahead of time to NOT clap or cheer.

This x 1000 Former Nun!!!  It scares some of the dogs & drives me WILD!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 3
(edited)

I know a few people who couldn't find rental housing that would accept dogs so they got their dogs certified as service dogs for emotional support. That way the dog had to be accepted. Don't mean to derail the conversation. Raven seems to be a contrarian on almost every subject. I do agree, though, about providing dogs with all these perks like a swimming pool and then cramming them into a crate with the luggage compartment for the trip. But, I'm also someone who would rather smell a wet dog than have to listen to someone else's screaming kids or entertain a strange kid as they blanket me with questions across country. And, in all fairness, we don't know why Nichole's son has a service dog. It may be for something other than emotional support.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 3

But, I'm also someone who would rather smell a wet dog than have to listen to someone else's screaming kids or entertain a strange kid as they blanket me with questions across country.

This made me laugh, thinking of the worst case scenario -  being on a plane with Nicolle and her son, holding his  service dog who is  barking and smells weird,  and Sherri, with her son walking around the plane asking people questions.  Nicolle and Sherri, of course, are taking naps.

• Love 7

I don't know what it was today, but I really just could not stand the sight (or sound) of Whoopi.  The only thought in my head was "just STFU."  I just couldn't care less about her thoughts or opinions on anything.

• Love 6

Yikers....I never imagined watching a whole show would rile me up like earlier.

I'm sorry everone.

Discussing the ARC at JFK without telling the whole story is inexcusable, imo. Especially since they are now under the ABC News Division.

Re Whoopi- she adopted a kitty that was thrown from a bridge and was on the show 8/24/11. It is a Russian Blue...like Oliver. It's name is Verranzo although she shortened it to Vinny. This is info from an ABC News article. IIRC we have never heard another word about this cat.

The jury is out whether she ever adopted the 2 Burmese Mountain Dogs his past March. Never a word.

I suppose my problem is Whoopi indirectly implying a pet up for adoption may be adopted by her hence lessening the pet's chance for a new home right away.

I don't know....perhaps it is because there is not a likeable old or new co-host on there that I like. I do know now I can't watch a full episode.

It makes me cranky and then I spend time trying to disprove what was said. Ugh.

• Love 8
(edited)

Maggiemae, that's a big problem with this show. They do these hot topics with snippets of information, much of it misinformation. No one is doing their homework and the producers of this show are horrible. Take that interview of Cara D. Obviously none of them watched the whole interview, but they were ready to trash her based on a few ill chosen clips. They never seem to apologize for things like that. Today Raven was griping about her $300.00 charge for luggage paying for the ARC at JFK, and that made me so angry. They just seem to spout off anything without any real knowledge. Sometimes Rosie does some research, but even she badmouthed Cara D. the other day. I can't believe the ABC bigwigs allow this show to continue.

And I agree with you about Whoopi. Don't pretend that you're adopting an animal or give the impression that you are, unless you are. Today she could have said that the dog she was holding would make someone a wonderful pet and please adopt him, but she just held on to him without saying a word.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 9

Whoopi is an ignorant bitch & she was just doing what she does to get out of doing anything productive.

On another note, I read on The View's Facebook that she did adopt that kitten/cat that was thrown off the bridge, although she hasn't acknowledged or shown us a picture of the "lucky kitty".  I'm not sure I believe the poster, but I have a hard time believing anything "good" about The Whoopster.

• Love 7

Maggiemae, that's a big problem with this show. They do these hot topics with snippets of information, much of it misinformation. No one is doing their homework and the producers of this show are horrible. Take that interview of Cara D. Obviously none of them watched the whole interview, but they were ready to trash her based on a few ill chosen clips. They never seem to apologize for things like that. 

Kenz

That Cara D. is a BFF of Taylor Swift so dissing her may bite WG in the ass.  Ooh look, another ass-related reference for ze whoop! 

• Love 5

I was just playing Candy Crush and was reminded of another idiotic thing from Raven yesterday. She was explaining the way the company makes money is that at some point, you can't advance without buying additional moves or gold bricks for $99. And, it was repeated several times that you had to pay $99 to advance. Hmm, it's 99 cents and if you wait long enough, from my experience, you'll advance free. 99 cents Raven, not $99.

• Love 9

On another note, I read on The View's Facebook that she did adopt that kitten/cat that was thrown off the bridge, although she hasn't acknowledged or shown us a picture of the "lucky kitty".  I'm not sure I believe the poster, but I have a hard time believing anything "good" about The Whoopster.

I think she intended to adopt it but Oliver didn't agree. No mention of the kitty was ever made again.

• Love 4

I was just playing Candy Crush and was reminded of another idiotic thing from Raven yesterday. She was explaining the way the company makes money is that at some point, you can't advance without buying additional moves or gold bricks for $99. And, it was repeated several times that you had to pay $99 to advance. Hmm, it's 99 cents and if you wait long enough, from my experience, you'll advance free. 99 cents Raven, not $99.

That WAS weird.  They kept talking about these games where you HAVE to spend money to buy fake stuff.  

As someone who has played the games they mentioned - no, you can play WITHOUT money.  Sometimes, the game locks you out of a level until some time passes, unless you pay.  But you can just pick up where you left off after the time it up.   I don't pay for those games, most people I know don't either. 

• Love 7

I can understand wanting to adopt the puppy and Oliver having a fit over it. My Maggiemae sure would. But I know that even having had a cat and dog at the same time quite successfully.

But WG make it known so those that did want to can adopt the dog!

And don't play on the emotions of "fans" that you are going to adopt the 2 Burmese Mountain dogs and this sweet blind and deaf puppy.

Researching this a little do people know there are seeing eye dogs for blind dogs? I didn't, and think that is fabulous!

If anything Whoopi could sponsor this for a nice home for the puppy and her companion dog.

Instead of pretend she cares deeply and yet doesn't do a thing except pretend.

• Love 6

I've never played Candy Crush but Raven seemed to think that there was some educational value with matching shapes and colors. Did she ever go to preschool? Her education is missing some pretty important concepts that you usually learn in preschool.

• Love 11

And the other day Raven was saying her generation isn't professional or doesn't have the work ethic that Whoopi's does.  It's like Raven, you are a rich child actor, you are like as out of touch as humanly possibly to the average millenial.  Can't wait for that brain trust to square off with Sherri Shephard.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 13

And the other day Raven was saying her generation isn't professional or doesn't have the work ethic that Whoopi's does. It's like Raven, you are a rich child actor, you are like as out of touch as humanly possibly to the average millenial. Can't wait for that brain trust to square off with Sherri Shephard.

Ravens generation must be so happy that she speaks for and represents them. Blech. Edited by susieq147
  • Love 2

I think every generation has entitled people in it. But I know a lot of people raven'S age and they are the most hard working and creative people I've ever met.

Of course, I think they need someone in their mid 30s on the panel. Since that's the age where you're a cusp between Gen X and millenials. The show needs a peace maker.

Again, why are they bringing Sherri back? And what are they bringing her back as?

• Love 3

Any clue as to who's going to be on the show next week?  Which singing groups?  Any A-listers, by any chance?

Well........on Monday “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices hosted by Stacy London; Rachel Platten performs her hit single, “Fight Song.”

Tuesday: Kelly Osbourne guest co-hosts; Nancy Grace (“Nancy Grace”).

Wednesday: Big Sean performs “One Man Can Change the World” from his album “Dark Sky Paradise.”

Thursday: D.L. Hughley (radio host, “The D.L. Hughley Show”); country singer Ashley Monroe performs the title track from her album, “The Blade.”

Live shows are done.

Friday: Lea DeLaria (“Orange is the New Black”).

And then they are off.

Edited by ginger90

I was so totally pissed after the show where they brought the animals on. For Cripes Sake, don't these people have enough sense as to warn the audience to not to clap, whistle and yell loudly because it would scare the shit out of these little guys?????

What the hell, guess it's about par for this group of DUMMIES.....Pardon me, move over, may I take a seat Felicia? 

• Love 7