Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 07/27/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

I guess I'll be a party of one being glad to see Nicolle out the door (especially since Rosie Perez is also going). 

Make that two. I'm right here with you, celebrating. 

**throwing up confetti as I don a festive hat and blow a party horn***

Saw a snip of the show today. I truly can't stand Raven. I caught the part where they were defending Hasselbeck. I pondered sticking around after the commercial break but I don't think I've done anything that would merit self punishment so I turned the channel.

I feel better already. 

• Love 9

Make it three!  She wasn't a fit with the ever evolving group and her screeching voice got to me.  I watched up until WG was screeching at the top of her lungs and from high up on her pedestal about EH having to ask the right questions...blah blah blah...let's see how long Michelle lasts.  I had to delete the episode from my dvr, not in the mood for a scream fest today.  And WG must have a cue card that tells her to insert a mouthful of food then take us to commercial!  The show is a nightmare.  

• Love 12

The powers that be for The View are grasping at straws to save a show that should have been dumped at least three years ago.  Now we're going to see a rotating group of hosts, that include Candace Cameron Bure, Stacy London and, wait for it, Sherry Shepherd?   Really?  I don't get bringing back Shepherd, especially knowing how many are against her for trying to disavow the child she supposedly agreed to via surrogate.  Social media really ripped her a new one over the trial when she tried to get out of support for the child.  Sherry made her own bed by marrying that useless POS in the first place.  

What was with the pig fest on yesterday's show?  They should never eat during the hot topics segment.

• Love 8
(edited)

I'm embarrassed to admit that I saw that interview with Cara D- whatever her last name is- yesterday with the Sacramento TV people. They were condescending and rude to her, and on The View, they only showed clips that made Cara look sullen. No, she wasn't really cheery, but she wasn't as nearly bad as they made her out to be, while the Sacramento TV hosts were completely unprofessional. Just my two cents on that matter, and again, I'm embarrassed that I took the time to watch it. (I spend way too much time on the internet.)

The thought of a young woman pulled over for a minor traffic offense using a cigarette as a weapon is ludicrous to me. She had an attitude about the cigarette that made the police officer go ballistic and power mad, but I really doubt that he was scared that she would attack him with a cigarette. I can't believe that these View people supported that notion.  I do wish she had just put the cigarette out without comment, because she would probably be alive today if she had.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 11
They were condescending and rude to her, and on The View, they only showed clips that made Cara look sullen. No, she wasn't really cheery, but she wasn't as nearly bad as they made her out to be, while the Sacramento TV hosts were completely unprofessional.

And, Kenz, Whoopi is NOT going to let Raven give an alternate point of view.  I think the actress's last line let us know the Sacramento people were annoying her.

I won't even get into the "I'm famous!" stuff.

.Can someone please put this into context for me.  Because the way it sounds is Whoopi is saying EH is not a racist because she was nice to Whoopi??????

It's the Whoopi Explains Mel Gibson defense.

• Love 10

.Can someone please put this into context for me.  Because the way it sounds is Whoopi is saying EH is not a racist because she was nice to Whoopi??????

It's the Whoopi Explains Mel Gibson defense.

Is it so hard for Whoopi (and Raven) to consider that they are treated the way they are treated due to their fame as opposed to other factors such as age, ethnicity or sexual orientation?

• Love 6

I'm embarrassed to admit that I saw that interview with Cara D- whatever her last name is- yesterday with the Sacramento TV people. They were condescending and rude to her, and on The View, they only showed clips that made Cara look sullen. No, she wasn't really cheery, but she wasn't as nearly bad as they made her out to be, while the Sacramento TV hosts were completely unprofessional. Just my two cents on that matter, and again, I'm embarrassed that I took the time to watch it. (I spend way too much time on the internet.)

The thought of a young woman pulled over for a minor traffic offense using a cigarette as a weapon is ludicrous to me. She had an attitude about the cigarette that made the police officer go ballistic and power mad, but I really doubt that he was scared that she would attack him with a cigarette. I can't believe that these View people supported that notion.  I do wish she had just put the cigarette out without comment, because she would probably be alive today if she had.

Yes, the Sacramento morning show people were just bitchy and bumbling.  The View chopped it up to fit into their point (Whoopi giving a lecture on how to be a movie star?).  Cara Delevingne is not exactly a warm fuzzy girl.  She comes from a very posh aristocratic Engiish background, I think theses morning show people commenting that she should get some sleep, perk up and questioned her ability to concentrate kind of floored her.  They didn't even know her name.  Even if you're thinking such things, you don't really articulate them on live television.  It was very "budget."

Umm, did Nicolle really give Whoopi a standing clappy ovation when she declared herself the authority on being famous?

• Love 3

Yes, the Sacramento morning show people were just bitchy and bumbling.  The View chopped it up to fit into their point (Whoopi giving a lecture on how to be a movie star?).  Cara Delevingne is not exactly a warm fuzzy girl.  She comes from a very posh aristocratic Engiish background, I think theses morning show people commenting that she should get some sleep, perk up and questioned her ability to concentrate kind of floored her.  They didn't even know her name.  Even if you're thinking such things, you don't really articulate them on live television.  It was very "budget."

Umm, did Nicolle really give Whoopi a standing clappy ovation when she declared herself the authority on being famous?

Yes, yes she DID!!!  That was in response to the Goddess of Gauche saying that Cara was not famous, "I'm famous"!!!  The whole "discussion" is on The View's Facebook.

• Love 3

Why does Whoopie assume that one has to wear a white hood to be a racist? The view focus on the wrong things when they cover a topic...I was pissed with Elizabeth's inane question because it presumes that the victim somehow deserved the ill treatment that she got at the hands of the police officer. That is what the police officers said to justify the brutal beating of Rodney King that was caught on tape in 1991. It was the justification that the jury used to acquit the police officers in 1992, leading to the infamous LA riots..You can hear the young lady clearly say that he slammed her head on a concrete, all because of a cigarette and an attitude. Hearing that reminded me of Eric Garner in Staten Island saying that he cannot breathe as he slowly dies on tape. Whoopie and Raven should be ashamed of themselves as women of color..They know the deal. I was perplexed by their ignorance and their staunch defense of that twit Elizabeth..It begs the question: has any thing changed at all since Rodney King? You guys be the judge of that..

I hate Whoopie and her constant lectures on the plebiscite..What a horrible and disgusting woman..Go away Whoopie...Bye Felicia..

• Love 20

Michelle seems like she actually has some decent contributions and thoughts, but she tends to go for the joke first and then kill her own thought by making a joke out of it. I hope she'll become more comfortable stating her opinions without relying on the comedy crutch.

• Love 7

Could we have worse "authorities" on race and LGBT individuals on this show than Whoopi and Raven? I didn't realize people with as many opportunities to educate themselves as those two could be so regressive. First Raven says Bruce Jenner can't be an activist because he only just got his member card and now Whoopi reduces racism down to asking someone to pick cotton.

• Love 19
One thing that absolutely amazes me every time I check The View's Facebook -- more often than not, people think the sun shines out of The Whoopster's ass!!

Yep, that describes one of my lifelong friends to a "T."   She said she never reads anything negative about her.  After I pointed out the joke of the Dan Abrams interview, she did finally see "a little backpedaling."

• Love 1
(edited)

..let's see how long Michelle lasts.

How dare Michelle disagree with Whoopi! Doesn't she know there is only one opinion allowed on the show. And we know who that belongs to.

Nicolle looked very sad in repose today. Maybe she didn't get enough sleep or she was crying. She seems to genuinely like and respect Whoopi. But then she likes and admires W also.

Too much Whoopi today. The yelling, the pontificating, the grazing, the ego. I could go on and on, but I wont. Can't take it.

Whose idea was it to have the "party" food for the departing co-hosts? We know it wasn't Nicolle or Rosie P. because they hardly touch the food. There is someone on the panel who loves potato chips. Hmmm. Do the producers not watch this crap afterwards to improve the show?

Edited by Morgalisa
  • Love 9

Seems to me that Whoopi defended Christian Slater for loosing his shit on a movie set and she said that there are many incompetent people around and how long they have to sit around or something to that effect. She totally understood his tirade. Oh maybe because like he is famous.

Raven sits there with her body turned away from everyone with a disgusted look on her face while they were all saying suck it up, boy she sure settled in quickly.

• Love 6

Yep, that describes one of my lifelong friends to a "T."   She said she never reads anything negative about her.  After I pointed out the joke of the Dan Abrams interview, she did finally see "a little backpedaling."

LOL.  My friend sent me a link to an article that The Donald was going to appoint Sarah Palin to Congress (?) if he's elected President.  She's out of her mind (with happiness).  SMH!!

• Love 5
(edited)

Yes, yes she DID!!!  That was in response to the Goddess of Gauche saying that Cara was not famous, "I'm famous"!!!  The whole "discussion" is on The View's Facebook.

Jesus Christ.   Thanks   for letting me know where to find this MedicineCrow.  Goldberg actually mentioned her uncontrollable gas WHILE SHOUTING about how professional she is.  

Sorry Whoopi, but you USED to be a Movie Stah  but now you are a daytime talk show host and not even a very good one. And the reality is it is Raven's generation -you know the one the advertisers love -  the one you poo poo and the one that actually are the leads in movies, they are the stars now.   Good grief.  I think she really honestly believes it's 1990 or something.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 9

I didn't see anyone calling Elisabeth a racist; they were just calling her an idiot.

Whoopi really is pretty ignorant about racism.  She said it's easy to recognize the "real racists".  OK, Yes, we all know if someone is waving a confederate flag and screaming the n-word, that person is racist.   But there are so many instances of racism that are much more subtle - making assumptions about someone's family situation, or finances, based on race, having different jobs available to you based on race, store clerks accusing kids of stealing, judges giving jail terms, etc.   There are racist attitudes held by people who don't think they have any racist beliefs.   It's not an all-or-nothing issue, racism exists in small ways that need to be addressed.  I don't know if Bitsy has any racist ideas, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

As to that interview with Cara D -  They asked her if she had read the book before taking the role -   she was insulted by that asinine question, said yeah, I didn't bother to read the book, or the script, I just wing it.   I thought it was a pretty funny answer. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Seems to me that Whoopi defended Christian Slater for loosing his shit on a movie set and she said that there are many incompetent people around and how long they have to sit around or something to that effect. She totally understood his tirade. Oh maybe because like he is famous.

Raven sits there with her body turned away from everyone with a disgusted look on her face while they were all saying suck it up, boy she sure settled in quickly.

Christian Bale, not Slater. It was on the set of Terminator: Salvation. A 4-minute meltdown that contained 39 F-words as Bale screamed at the director of photography who had accidentally gotten into Bale's sight line during a scene while checking on a light. Bale screamed abuse and threats, including at the director when he attempted to calm the situation. It was insane and way way out of line. So of course Whoopi defended his boorish behavior cuz he's a Stah and the little people can be just soooo annoying.

Sidenote, he was arrested a few days later in London for allegedly assaulting his mother and sister.

Edited by TribbleTrouble
  • Love 11
(edited)

Many folks are saying that the problem with the Cara D interview in Sacramento was because of the interviewers. (addressed her by the wrong name, asked stupid questions and repeated the same information)

Hopefully The View isn't on Cara's schedule of appearances!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 7
(edited)

I didn't think that interview with Cara D was bad at all.  She was a little short with her answers, but I thought the hosts were way ruder.

But there are so many instances of racism that are much more subtle - making assumptions about someone's family situation, or finances, based on race, having different jobs available to you based on race, store clerks accusing kids of stealing, judges giving jail terms, etc.

And Elisabeth definitely was not just asking a question, "like Matt Lauer would," as Whoopi said.  Lauer would have, obviously, been way more careful in the way he phrased the question.  Elisabeth was looking for the answer she wanted, "in the history of this land," and all that.  Whoopi's defense reminded me of when she told Rosie Perez that the guy who assumed Rosie and her sister were maids at a hotel was not racist.  haha.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 8

Michelle seems like she actually has some decent contributions and thoughts, but she tends to go for the joke first and then kill her own thought by making a joke out of it. I hope she'll become more comfortable stating her opinions without relying on the comedy crutch.

She either needs to insert a one liner joke OR her opinion not both at the same time.  Joy was a master at it!

I didn't see anyone calling Elisabeth a racist; they were just calling her an idiot.

That's right, it was WG who made it racist with the cotton remark insinuating EH was somehow guilty and she had to defend her.   

• Love 7

I just watched a clip of the interview and I couldn't believe how stupid the Sacramento "news" team was.  They got her name wrong.  The man said, "You've been so busy, do you find it easier to focus when you're busy?"  Naturally Cara looked confused.  Then he said that he liked the movie because the teenagers didn't talk like teenagers but like middle-aged screen writers.  Naturally Cara looked insulted.  Finally the fake chipper newswoman told Cara the classic passive-aggressive, "You seem irritated!"  Naturally, Cara looked irritated.  Then they closed the interview, and after Cara was no longer there to defend herself, made fun of her and  made rude comments about taking her meds (I just love the digs at mental illness from idiots like this.)  I feel sorry for the people in Sacramento who have to wake up to those two everyday.

• Love 9

I just watched a clip of the interview and I couldn't believe how stupid the Sacramento "news" team was.  They got her name wrong.  The man said, "You've been so busy, do you find it easier to focus when you're busy?"  Naturally Cara looked confused.  Then he said that he liked the movie because the teenagers didn't talk like teenagers but like middle-aged screen writers.  Naturally Cara looked insulted.  Finally the fake chipper newswoman told Cara the classic passive-aggressive, "You seem irritated!"  Naturally, Cara looked irritated.  Then they closed the interview, and after Cara was no longer there to defend herself, made fun of her and  made rude comments about taking her meds (I just love the digs at mental illness from idiots like this.)  I feel sorry for the people in Sacramento who have to wake up to those two everyday.

PERFECT!  Agree with all of this.  They were so insulting it was unbelievable!  I had already deleted The View off my dvr when WG was ranting wildly, just couldn't take any more so missed their comments!

• Love 4
(edited)

Same crap, different day. Table full of munchies. They won't let Michelle say two words. Go from the Cecil the Lion outrage into Whoopi pointing and spitting at me into barbecuing on Mars and then to a commercial.

"That ain't working. That's the way you do it."

*Click*

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 4

I foresee Whoopi getting a lot of ridicule in the media for her "she's not famous, I'm famous" line.

Why? Regardless of what anyone may think of her, Whoopi Goldberg is indeed famous. She may be reduced to farting on national television on a daily basis, be they brain farts or those of the gaseous variety, but she is famous. When you say her name, people know who you are talking about and what she has done.

I have heard of this Cara Delevigne woman, but like many "celebrities" of recent vintage, I have no idea why I have heard of her. Maybe one day I will find out what she does, like when I discovered that Rita Ora is in fact a singer. Not one whose music I have ever heard, but that is what she does. Imagine my relief at solving that mystery.

• Love 4

The cara D interview went south after she was asked, in what I thought was a condescending tone, if she had read the book her movie was based on.  

The book - Paper Towns -  

Paper Towns debuted at #5 on the New York Times bestseller list and won the 2009 Edgar Award for Best Young Adult Mystery. It is taught in many high school and college curricular, often in conjunction with Whitman’s Leaves of Grass, which is an important text within the novel.

Asking her if she had read it, prompted her to be sarcastic.  If you read about her, that's kind of her personality, she was known for making weird faces and sticking out her tongue at paparazzi, she never took "fashion modeling"  very seriously, had the attitude that "it's just clothes".  

Hey, why keep going with the same platitudes over and over?  If someone's being rude to you, sarcasm isn't terrible.  And yeah, it did seem similar to a lot of Brits and how they answer questions in a funny, sarcastic way.  

I can imagine Russel Brand saying 'Read the book?  i didn't even read the script!  i just wing it!"  

• Love 8
Same crap, different day. Table full of munchies. They won't let Michelle say two words. Go from the Cecil the Lion outrage into Whoopi pointing and spitting at me into barbecuing on Mars and then to a commercial.

I bow to thee, oh Fisher King!   Table full of munchies and FAMOUS Whoopi's mouth full of munchies. Munch and talk--talk and munch.  Was anyone else at the table talking through their food?  I don't think so.  And then she yells at all of us!      Well...the show is still on, gotta get back to their Almay commercia...oops, eye makeup presentation.

Hey, why keep going with the same platitudes over and over?  If someone's being rude to you, sarcasm isn't terrible.

...and backformore, the Sacramento TV "news" people seemed to be so lame they'll never get sarcasm.  Apparently Famous Whoopi didn't either.

• Love 6

I took The View off my DVR schedule about three months ago and I haven't missed it at all. Primarily, I removed it because Whoopi irritated me every damned day. I came to this thread to see what's been happening and it seems as if it's the same. I think it's time to put a fork in The View. I, too, saw the Sacramento interview of Cara D. and thought it was completely unprofessional of the panel to interview the girl in the manner they did. They're definitely not ready for prime time.

Mostly I was curious to hear about Whoopi's reaction to Donald Trump being accused of raping his wife. Did she consider it "rape-rape" or what? I'll read some more to see if she said anything. Feel free to clarify it for me if you want to.

• Love 1
Dan Abrams will come on tomorrow to explain the complexities of spousal rape.

And it will be a one-on-one with Whoopi who will say (yet again), "NOW I get it.  I didn't know there was a statute of limitations."

• Love 5
(edited)

She either needs to insert a one liner joke OR her opinion not both at the same time.  Joy was a master at it!

I agree with both of these observations of Michelle. I think she's nervous and trying to say as much as she can very rapidly before someone interrupts her, and if she does say something funny, it's easy to miss. I sympathize with her, because the other women at the table don't know how to let another person talk. You have to leave a little space, especially for a comedian to get their words out, and they are too oblivious to do that. Joy was effective because she was a pro and also had more gravitas than young Michelle, AND she was great at the one liners that delivered a punch! 

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 3

I LOVED when Nicolle fumbled something during the Eriq LaSalle interview and said "guess that's why they fired me." She's pissed and now has to go through this charade of 2 weeks of partying because she and Rosie were fired. Oh. And, let's party with your replacements!

I haven't watched for months but I might enjoy watching 2 weeks of Nicolle being pissed. 

• Love 5

For me, the difficulty in watching all this, is that they are all so anxious to be the first one to speak that it results in a whole bunch of word-spewing without any real thought behind the words.  I've watched The Talk a few times, and on there, the women each take turns voicing their opinions-- there's no interrupting-- and it results in much more coherent, thought-out comments (well, except for Sharon, but she's a disaster).  If the women on The View would try to be a little more orderly in their discussions, it may actually result in some critical thinking instead of word vomit nonsense.  I say "may" because I'm not actually sure Whoopi is smart enough for critical thinking regardless of the circumstances.

• Love 9

This is a personal hang-up…why do they have red plastic cups on the table?  How about some really lovely glassware.  Even if you're just drinking water.  Other than a pic-nic etc. use the good stuff…life is short.  The Kardashians are always eating those big salads at one of their homes and they use the plastic forks that come with take-out.  Drives me to distraction.  You're sitting in a multi-millon dollar mansion, in a posh custom kitchen, earning millions of dollars and you're eating lunch with a plastic fork?  

• Love 6
(edited)

I like this feisty Nicolle much better than the sucking up to Whoopi one. Her telling Whoopi that she should stick with her grumpy dog voice for the rest of the show had to be a dig - at Whoopi and the show.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 4

This is a personal hang-up…why do they have red plastic cups on the table?  How about some really lovely glassware.  Even if you're just drinking water.  Other than a pic-nic etc. use the good stuff…life is short.  The Kardashians are always eating those big salads at one of their homes and they use the plastic forks that come with take-out.  Drives me to distraction.  You're sitting in a multi-millon dollar mansion, in a posh custom kitchen, earning millions of dollars and you're eating lunch with a plastic fork?  

I think the red keg party cups are just another symbol of how cheap and trashy this show has become.  Yes, it's always been cheap but since Babs finally left the bathroom jokes are non-stop.  And can you imagine Barbara Walters drinking wine (or anything really) out of a plastic keg cup?  

Okay, I only saw Tuesday's show but I don't remember anyone else but Whoopi shoving food in their cakeholes.  Are they all doing that or is it just the one that rolls in without leaving time for breakfast?  

• Love 2

I agree.  I haven't watched the whole week, just a few "hot topics"  segments.   So i guess it's a two week "party" .  But I'm sorry.  are they in high school?   Red Solo cups and plastic bowls of chips and pretzels?  That's what I would have on hand when my kids were in high school and they had friends over  - pop, chips, popcorn, maybe pizza if i felt generous. 

These are GROWN-UPS!   WOMEN!  if they have to have "party food"  how about something a wee bit more sophisticated?  

Walk on over to The Chew set and see how they do it - they have food every day.  And they would only use red Solo cups and disposable plates and forks if they were doing a tailgate theme.  Otherwise they have muffins in a basket, trays of appetizers or desserts, a cake or tart, drinks in real glasses or pretty teacups. They talk about the food, taste, critique, then move on to another topic. 

• Love 2
I like this feisty Nicolle much better than the sucking up to Whoopi one. Her telling Whoopi that she should stick with her grumpy dog voice for the rest of the show had to be a dig - at Whoopi and the show.

I had a completely different reaction...that Nicolle continues the sucking.  She knows that Whoopi believes she can do every human/animal voice and accent in the universe (she does "Minions" too).  This is just feeding Whoopi's weekly stealth auditions for movies, animated and otherwise.  IMO

• Love 6

I agree.  I haven't watched the whole week, just a few "hot topics"  segments.   So i guess it's a two week "party" .  But I'm sorry.  are they in high school?   Red Solo cups and plastic bowls of chips and pretzels?  That's what I would have on hand when my kids were in high school and they had friends over  - pop, chips, popcorn, maybe pizza if i felt generous. 

These are GROWN-UPS!   WOMEN!  if they have to have "party food"  how about something a wee bit more sophisticated?  

Walk on over to The Chew set and see how they do it - they have food every day.  And they would only use red Solo cups and disposable plates and forks if they were doing a tailgate theme.  Otherwise they have muffins in a basket, trays of appetizers or desserts, a cake or tart, drinks in real glasses or pretty teacups. They talk about the food, taste, critique, then move on to another topic. 

YES!  And The Chew don't talk while chewing on their food and use food as pointers!  They have manners!

• Love 5
Michelle seems smart..but save the jokes for special occasions.

I'd bet Production explained what her role is...and her place in the pecking order.  She's probably trying to lay low for awhile.  I look forward to some days when Whoopi is absent and Michelle can be FREE!

• Love 2
(edited)

The red cups and food emphasize how "cool" and "edgy" this show is now! I mean who else does this kind of stuff on live tv? And with Whoopi's voice overs and voices she does? Such television gold! 

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 5

Of course thanks Tribble Trouble it was Bale, there are just so many that she has defended can't keep them straight.

Looks like I did not miss much of Whoopi munching/lecturing as there was no program in my area in order to cover a funeral of police officer. 

Wonder how can they rationalize that eating in front of people is anything but RUDE. I am sure you all remember when she first started she always walked out with food in her mouth. Its a damn hour show, try and go without shoving food in your mouth for little bit of camera time..

• Love 5

Okay, I only saw Tuesday's show but I don't remember anyone else but Whoopi shoving food in their cakeholes.  Are they all doing that or is it just the one that rolls in without leaving time for breakfast?

Right Cosmo, mostly the Goddess of Gauche & sometimes Raven.

• Love 2