We 7/29: Daymond John, X Ambassadors
Th 7/30: Vintage Trouble
Fr 7/31: Jill Rappaport, Carrie Ann Inaba

Mo 7/27: Stacy London, Charlie Thomas and the Drifters

Tu 7/28: Eriq La Salle, Prince Royce

We 7/29: Daymond John, X Ambassadors

Th 7/30: Vintage Trouble

Fr 7/31: Jill Rappaport, Carrie Ann Inaba

To see how The View has fallen - let's compare to the upcoming guests on Ellen DeGeneres this week - Neil Patrick Harris, Joaquin Phoenix, Kelly Clarkson, Julie Bowen, Jim Parsons, Madonna, Kevin Costner.  Yeah, I know which show looks better to me.    The View has not been able to book many interesting guests recently.  and when they DO, it's usually someone who is doing the rounds of ALL the shows, and the few minutes they do on The View is one of the least interesting to watch. 

• Love 8

I am curious as to why they have an "old" musical group on every week.

Don't get me wrong, I am in that demographic...but I prefer to hear the songs as they were released in the "olden" days.  Actually seeing the groups reminds me of all of our, well, age actually.

I listen to the music to be reminded of more innocent times......times where I had not seen so much of life and personally, became more accepting and less judgmental.

But, it was a youth I cherish and I still march to the tune of the music of the day gone by - -I have turned into my parents---claiming the music of today "isn't music at all" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheew, I digress, not a thing here that I would watch and I certainly won't watch to see the ladies "interact" during not hot topics!

• Love 7
(edited)

To see how The View has fallen - let's compare to the upcoming guests on Ellen DeGeneres this week - Neil Patrick Harris, Joaquin Phoenix, Kelly Clarkson, Julie Bowen, Jim Parsons, Madonna, Kevin Costner.  Yeah, I know which show looks better to me.    The View has not been able to book many interesting guests recently.  and when they DO, it's usually someone who is doing the rounds of ALL the shows, and the few minutes they do on The View is one of the least interesting to watch. 

Those are reruns - from 4-6 months ago.

Ellen and most shows have been 90% or higher reruns since May 30.  Ellen had some pre-taped but New! shows and some re-packaged shows along the way, but she has always taken the summer off. These are "Best Of" shows.

The only daytime yakfest shows with new programming are Wendy (one more week)  and Live! with K+M.

THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW, syndicated

Mo 7/27: Neil Patrick Harris, Shemar Moore, Simon Pierro (R 2/18/15)

Tu 7/28: Julie Bowen, Fifth Harmony (R 2/25/15)

We 7/29: Kevin Costner, Kiesza (R 1/27/15)

Th 7/30: Joaquin Phoenix, Lea Michele, Joshua Radin (R 1/6/15)

Fr 7/31: Jim Parsons, Madonna, Bridgit Mendler (R 3/20/15)

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 3

I am curious as to why they have an "old" musical group on every week.

Don't get me wrong, I am in that demographic...but I prefer to hear the songs as they were released in the "olden" days.  Actually seeing the groups reminds me of all of our, well, age actually.

I listen to the music to be reminded of more innocent times......times where I had not seen so much of life and personally, became more accepting and less judgmental.

But, it was a youth I cherish and I still march to the tune of the music of the day gone by - -I have turned into my parents---claiming the music of today "isn't music at all" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheew, I digress, not a thing here that I would watch and I certainly won't watch to see the ladies "interact" during not hot topics!

Isn't it part of the silly Throwback Thursday theme that the masses have swarmed around on Facebook etc.

As a programming option, its really not that dreadful and certainly less harmless than Live!'s Friday Summer Grill yawner or Kathie Lee's Friday Funny.

• Love 3

Not cured. had to watch.

Nicolle's dress is fabulous and Whoopi can't stop talking with her mouth full.

Color me surprised, they are covering the New York Magazine cover story.

I just walked into room and saw the product pimp.  Yes, that is a very chic LBD on Nicolle.  Love it.

• Love 1

Interesting.... Raven does not like Caitlyn Jenner being a voice for the LGBT community..... because she has not been "out" long enough.

For someone who disagrees with labels ..... she is pretty bigoted

and very vocal about it as well.  Her giving parameters regarding who is worthy of being a voice for LGBT community is rich when she refuses to label herself as a member, she is just a colorless American human that loves other humans to have her tell it.  Shut up, Raven!!

• Love 13

First episode I've paid attention to Michelle. She doesn't bother me too much (although her shoulders/frame look huge next to the other ladies), and I liked what she had to say on the Cosby topic. About the Cosby thing--amazing to see no screaming and shutting down from Whoopi, so everyone got to speak. It made me laugh to hear Rosie Perez talk about victims being shamed; that had to rub salt into the wound of The View's number one victim-shamer. In a way, I was almost hoping to see Whoopi do her usual game of screaming until everyone stops talking, because I don't think Rosie Perez would back down now that she's leaving the show. Of course, Whoopi did have to throw in some hypocritical comments at the end about women needing to come forward, etc. etc. despite having went in on all the women who've come forward about male-on-female abuse for the past year. (And not just where it concerns Cosby.)

You know, it's a shame they fired Nicolle and Rosie Perez. Seeing them with Raven and Michelle, I actually thought this panel worked in its way. The 4 of them are definitely varied. But I don't get why Raven makes faces whenever Rosie Perez speaks? She couldn't possibly be saying anything more stupid than what comes out of Raven's mouth regularly.

I have to say--it's bad enough to see the co-hosts' bad manners during actual food segments, much less bringing food into hot topics. Btw, why do the co-hosts point at the audience at the beginning of the show now?
  • Love 9

Interesting.... Raven does not like Caitlyn Jenner being a voice for the LGBT community..... because she has not been "out" long enough.

For someone who disagrees with labels ..... she is pretty bigoted

I understand what Raven was saying. Jenner is acting as an expert after just a few months of living as a woman. Maybe she should do less talking and more listening.

• Love 4

I understand what Raven was saying. Jenner is acting as an expert after just a few months of living as a woman. Maybe she should do less talking and more listening.

This isnt new for Jenner.... he has been living with it all his life.... he has just been public with it the past few months. ..... I wonder how long is "required" before someone can speak about equality.

• Love 15

The most important thing that Raven said, and it's been widely discussed in the community, is that not every trans person can afford to look perfect the day they come out.

• Love 8

I don't get Raven's criticism of Caitlyn Jenner.  No, this isn't new for her (Caitlyn) at all.  If she watched last night's "I Am Cait," Caitlyn's sister confirmed that she has known for 35+ years.  The first two wives have come out and confirmed that they knew for decades and many of the children had "caught" Bruce dressed as a female.  It was only the general public who hadn't a clue.  Regardless of Raven's argumentative stance, this is a cultural watershed for that community, as there will never be a more profound transition.  It's mind-blowing and courageous, really.  All-American Olympian, Gold-medal super athlete….sweet, kind, positive person, three wives, ten children, motivational speaker…legend.  And he's finally free and honest.  Hopefully  a lot of people will adjust their judgment.  You never know what someone is walking around with.  I can't imagine the psychic weight of that life.  

• Love 18

Wait a minute, did Whoopi just say the next presidential election is this November????!!!!  Ahahahahahaha! 

I think the direct quote is:

"Who knows what's going to happen [referring to Trump].  It's a long way until November.

• Love 3

I don't get Raven's criticism of Caitlyn Jenner.

I think she didn't articulate it well at all, but I think I got the gist of what she was getting at, this after talking to a few of my transwoman friends and reading things from the community in general and my all things primer, watching Melissa Harris Perry where she's had a number of transwomen on to to discuss.  I didn't watch the show so I don't know how she presented, but she has not been there fighting the fight or getting the shit beat out of her or broke as shit because nobody will hire her.  Courage is all in the lens you view it from.

I was very happy to hear her speech at the ESPYS but that was a controversial pick in the community as well.

• Love 3
(edited)

... About the Cosby thing--amazing to see no screaming and shutting down from Whoopi, so everyone got to speak. It made me laugh to hear Rosie Perez talk about victims being shamed; that had to rub salt into the wound of The View's number one victim-shamer. In a way, I was almost hoping to see Whoopi do her usual game of screaming until everyone stops talking, because I don't think Rosie Perez would back down now that she's leaving the show. Of course, Whoopi did have to throw in some hypocritical comments at the end about women needing to come forward, etc. etc. despite having went in on all the women who've come forward about male-on-female abuse for the past year. (And not just where it concerns Cosby.)

Oh it seemed like Whoopi is still victim shaming to me. She  actually shook her finger while admonishing "all the women" to come out, come forward, etc. if you want to put [a rapist] away.  She actually said that if some of these women had come forward then maybe Cosby wouldn't have gone on to rape the rest.  WTF????  So, these women who were starting their careers in the 70s/80s etc. should have come out and accused one of the most beloved actors in America of drugging and raping them?  And because they did not, more women were victimized???  I guess it's their fault  and not Cosby's that the numbers are so high.

Like this show, I find Whoopi more disgusting every time I tune in - today especially because if her words didn't offend then moderating a talk show with her mouth full certainly did.   Oh and nice try on the trailer park version of Hoda and Kathi Lee drinking wine in the am with the mini red keg cups. It's all just a party y'all. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 22

Oh it seemed like Whoopi is still victim shaming to me. She  actually shook her finger while admonishing "all the women" to come out, come forward, etc. if you want to put [a rapist] away.  She actually said that if some of these women had come forward then maybe Cosby wouldn't have gone on to rape the rest.  WTF????  So, these women who were starting their careers in the 70s/80s etc. should have come out and accused one of the most beloved actors in America of drugging and raping them?  And because they did not, more women were victimized???

Like this show, I find Whoopi more disgusting every time I tune in - today especially because if her words didn't offend then moderating a talk show with her mouth full certainly did.   Oh and nice try on the trailer park version of Hoda and Kathi Lee drinking wine in the am with the mini red keg cups. It's all just a party y'all. 

Im pretty sure some women did come forward.... but they were not believed... and others were paid off for their silence..... Just shameful Whoopi

• Love 12

Whoopi needs to read the stories in the New York magazine.  

(I understand the website was hacked, though)

Because the individual stories would give her some insight as to what happened, so she doesn't have to make up facts to suit her own beliefs.

• Love 4
It made me laugh to hear Rosie Perez talk about victims being shamed; that had to rub salt into the wound of The View's number one victim-shamer.

(I added the bolding above)

I desperately NEED Whoopi to shut her mouth!  That way I don't have to hear her hypocritical diatribes AND see her chewing and eating.  Interesting how she made her disinterest known (chewing on a pretzel and looking the other way) when Michelle was giving her (required*) Bachelorette update.

*Production sets the order of this show, Whoopi.

• Love 8

Yeah, Whoopi not only acts disinterested about reality competition shows, she pretends to not understand the basic premise -  whether it's dating, cooking, singing, dancing - there are contestants, they compete, week by week, some are eliminated until there are 2 or 3 left -  then the finale decides the winner.  

It's not a difficult concept, yet Whoopi always seems so befuddled by it. 

• Love 3

Because the individual stories would give her some insight as to what happened, so she doesn't have to make up facts to suit her own beliefs.

Is that what happened?  I thought the server crashed because I couldn't get it to load. :(

• Love 2

Backformore, we'll never know how many issues will be delivered and mailed to Whoopi.  I'd bet it's more than 100.   I know she's not going to waste her EGOT time looking at the article online...or even read any word in the "gifts" she receives.

• Love 2

Michelle on Cosby was very good today...remember, Whoopi shut her down on this topic, before she had her enlightenment courtesy of Dan Abrams.  Both Ro and Michelle were quite clear and strong.  Nicolle had a lot of "allegedly".  I think even Raven conceded on his guilt.

I was glad to see them trotting out Trump's vitriol from the past, but they just need to go into their View archives to find out the hateful things he spouted at Rosie O, Joy, Bitsy and somewhat BaWa.

• Love 5

I don't get Raven's criticism of Caitlyn Jenner.

Raven seemed to be saying there is some sort of qualification test to be called an activist, which is news to me.  I was never a Bruce Jenner fan and I'm not much of a Caitlin one either but Raven has to concede that Caitlin is in the rather unique position of having a HUGE audience [not her show exactly, but her]. 

On the other hand,  I think Raven was just trying to stir up shit on Twitter (as usual) more than anything else

• Love 5
(edited)

Stacy London was quick to "correct" Raven (before she even said the word) about "microderm" versus "microdermabraision" on today's Stuff You Can Get Cheaper Elsewhere segment.   Stacy was not correct:   "Microdermabrasion, also known as microderm, is one of the easiest and most effective anti-aging treatments you can get. Its benefits are many: microderm softens fine lines and wrinkles, helps to smooth coarsely textured skin, decreases the appearance of scarring, decreases pore size, and reduces superficial hyper-pigmentation, also known as age spots. Microdermabrasion also makes it easier for high-tech skin care products to penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin and help build collagen, which gives skin its youthful appearance."  

If these sales pitches are to be Stacy's new gig, I hope someone tells her to TONE IT DOWN.  The products are the stars...then The View cohosts...and then, ladies and gentlemen, Stacy London!

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 4

I read some time ago that Rosie was wearing a wig...and the theory was so the tantrums would STOP!  She was angry all the time because the stylist couldn't do her hair (hair hair), so she resorted to a wig.  Now I guess that's not okay either.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, I remember that --- when she was 1st hired there were beaucoup stories about her blowing through multiple hair & makeup people because she was never satisfied.  I was quite surprised at the time because even though I knew very little of Rosie P, she didn't strike me as being a diva-type.  Now having been exposed to her very bland and underwhelming personality, I am even more shocked that she is capable of that type of behaviour and would say that her being a behind-the-scenes diva must be about the only exciting thing about her. 

ETA: I finally just got that link to open for me after I posted what I said above (it wouldn't open for me and I assumed it was on old link to one of her older tantrums from the beginning of the season) and see that the article is fairly current from this month and that she is now bitching about the wig, too?  Jeezus, Woman.  What a nightmare. Seeing as Raven was the one to talk her down from the ledge, I guess this explains all of her eye-rolling during the show.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 2
(edited)

I read some time ago that Rosie was wearing a wig...and the theory was so the tantrums would STOP!  She was angry all the time because the stylist couldn't do her hair (hair hair), so she resorted to a wig.  Now I guess that's not okay either.

Still need a hairstylist to style the wig I guess.  I thought the wig was pretty obvious but yeah, if  wearing the same hairstyle [wig or not] at 50 that she wore at 30 is no bueno.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

Still need a hairstylist to style the wig I guess.  I thought the wig was pretty obvious but yeah, if  wearing the same hairstyle [wig or not] at 50 that she wore at 30 is no bueno.  

Why is she happy with such a shitty, ugly wig?  Break it down….she is in show business;  in NYC;  on network television;  and BROADWAY!  How can you not be in contact with hair people to make you look amazing at the drop of a hat?   

• Love 6
(edited)

How can you not be in contact with hair people to make you look amazing at the drop of a hat?

Ummm...because you've had temper tantrums for years about your stylists and now no one "has the time" ??

Edited by CuriousParker
  • Love 1

Yes, & how about the nauseating sign-off:  "You make us better!"  Give.me.a.break!!!!

This is The View's way of blaming us, the audience, for how much they suck.

right -  I make you BETTER?  How bad would you be without me? 

• Love 11

Why is there food on the table for an hour of a talk show? Whoopi can't go an hour without eating? It's disgusting and I can't stand chewing and talking. Just ugh, we don't want to see you chew your food. There's Whoopi, still chewing and talking. Gross!

• Love 11

I guess the Stacy London infomercial yesterday didnt go very well.... they just promoted that "big sale:" again

Go and buy Raven said..... then they went to commercial.

Why is there food on the table for an hour of a talk show? Whoopi can't go an hour without eating? It's disgusting and I can't stand chewing and talking. Just ugh, we don't want to see you chew your food. There's Whoopi, still chewing and talking. Gross!

Whoopi said... Yes I know she says a lot.... Whoopi said they are having a 2 week party..... they are not gonna be sad about the decisions made.... they are gonna get "red faced" drunk and go out happy.

Yes it seems lame to me too

• Love 5