Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Caged

Maybe I'm overthinking such a small detail, but it's these little things that the show keeps getting wrong, and they add up and make me question things I'd maybe ignore or accept in a better show.

It would explain so much if everyone were in the VR cocoons since the beginning and still are, only thinking they got out.

• Love 2

Why does Hunter need painkillers if he can't feel his legs? If the fracture is at his 4th cervical vertebra, shouldn't he also not be able to feel his arms?

He watches the show and is suffering mental pain from the stupidity?

How did that dormitory get built in half a day?

Magic alien goo?

• Love 1

Apparently, on this show, where there is a lack of free will, there is a way. They'll find the resources and the labor and they'll rebuild Chester's Mill whether or not they will get to eat or drink clean water or get out from Under the Dang Dome!

It would explain so much if everyone were in the VR cocoons since the beginning and still are, only thinking they got out.

Since the start of the series?  It definitely would make more sense.

Apparently, on this show, where there is a lack of free will, there is a way. They'll find the resources and the labor and they'll rebuild Chester's Mill whether or not they will get to eat or drink clean water or get out from Under the Dang Dome!

More like a lack of any thought or common sense, they're all brain dead.

Julia tells Junior that he is sick and hasn't been himself - isn't that the reason Junior gave Angie for keeping her locked up in the storm cellar?  Do the writers want us to think that Junior was right and Angie was one of the first infected?  Nah, it is more likely that the writers don't remember Junior using that excuse - or even remember Junior locking Angie up.  

And that's how it ends ?  That was kind of lame.

Kind of?

I don't want to >fake< spoil the end for everyone, but you realize the dog is the mastermind behind everything, right?

I can see it now - the final episode - Indy is running through the forest - maybe because butterflies were swarming, maybe because the dome finally came down, maybe because there is a tidal wave on Lake Acid, maybe because he sees a rabbit or a pig, maybe because Big Jim is chasing him, maybe becasue he is in a marathon - whatever,  Indy is running his fastest through the forest.  The camera cuts to the twitching legs of a dog sleeping on a dog bed.  Turns out that everything that happened was just a dog dream.  Then the camera pans back a little further and we see that the sleeping dog is wearing one of those cones.  And suddenly, everything makes sense.  

That would be yes.  And don't forget the downpour of acid rain that preceded the deep freeze by a few episodes, that should have burnt all the leaves and killed the trees since the ground around the roots would have been soaked with acid rain (it burnt people's skin, so it should have damaged the trees too)..

Hmm, I think I have figured why they are running out of oxytocin goo.  

• Love 1

I can see it now - the final episode - Indy is running through the forest - maybe because butterflies were swarming, maybe because the dome finally came down, maybe because there is a tidal wave on Lake Acid, maybe because he sees a rabbit or a pig, maybe because Big Jim is chasing him, maybe becasue he is in a marathon - whatever,  Indy is running his fastest through the forest.  The camera cuts to the twitching legs of a dog sleeping on a dog bed.  Turns out that everything that happened was just a dog dream.  Then the camera pans back a little further and we see that the sleeping dog is wearing one of those cones.  And suddenly, everything makes sense.

I like it. Kind of an homage to St. Elsewhere.
  • Love 1

Julia tells Junior that he is sick and hasn't been himself - isn't that the reason Junior gave Angie for keeping her locked up in the storm cellar?  Do the writers want us to think that Junior was right and Angie was one of the first infected?  Nah, it is more likely that the writers don't remember Junior using that excuse - or even remember Junior locking Angie up.

Exactly, did they want us to forget that he was crazy to begin with?

• Love 1
Exactly, did they want us to forget that he was crazy to begin with?

The writers really do seem to think they can redeem all the main characters that have done terrible things -- first Junior, now Big Jim.  Who's next fro redemption -- Sam ?

Thing is Barbie is really doing some questionable stuff too -- punching walls near Julia's head, murdering people left and right, but I'm sure they'll redeem him too.

• Love 1

The writers really do seem to think they can redeem all the main characters that have done terrible things -- first Junior, now Big Jim.  Who's next fro redemption -- Sam ?

Thing is Barbie is really doing some questionable stuff too -- punching walls near Julia's head, murdering people left and right, but I'm sure they'll redeem him too.

More like retconned and forgotten at this point.

• Love 1
(edited)

You know this show is really close to un-watchable when Joe is the "hero" we are supposed to be rooting for. And Norrie. At least those two haven't killed anyone. Yet. Used to like Barbie. He is dead to me now. Julia hasn't changed, still as annoying as ever. Big Jim cannot be redeemed, even with a great dog companion. I hate Sam because he of all people should know where to stab someone to kill, not just injure them. Everyone else is a zombie.

Edited by Julie23
  • Love 1

You know this show is really close to un-watchable when Joe is the "hero" we are supposed to be rooting for.

I don't even think I can root for him or Norrie either, i just don't care, especially for this boring Pod people plot.

• Love 1

I'll redeem Sam, I think Eddie Cahill is still hot ;-) Barbie can do no wrong. It's only three weeks since he killed Julia's husband...with her response pretty much being "OK but don't ever do something like that again!" I wonder if Julia even remembers that she had a husband.
  • Love 1

In what universe is it enjoyable to watch the main character being an brainless zombie (Barbie).  It's not fun; it's just frustrating as hell.  

This episode was really boring.  Did the writers think that was an intelligent conversation about leadership between Jim and Crazy Witch in the cages?   It nearly put me to sleep and I didn't get that syringe.

Why waste sleeping medication on Hunter when that would be such a drain on resources?  

Nice to see Norrie's mom again though.  The funniest part of the episode was when she walked lockstep with Junior like a mechanical robot.  

• Love 1

In what universe is it enjoyable to watch the main character being an brainless zombie (Barbie).  It's not fun; it's just frustrating as hell.

Sadly it goes on for most of the season.