Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: No Apologies

• Start Topic

Regarding being an addict (that was me)....I'm actually a drug and alcohol counselor now :-). Of course I'm still an addict, but you also gotta kind of gauge your audience when discussing your past and how to phrase things. If this was an AA board, sure....a Teen Mom board? Probably not. To each their own :-).

• Love 16
(edited)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   Omg, THIS! Was it really THAT necessary for the girlses to get a bath right then?  It was almost midnight!  They were already asleep!  Just carry them to bed.  That was a perfect example of how she's an incompetent mother.  She was trying to look good for the cameras by bathing them and feeding them, but ended up looking even worse because any parent with an ounce of common sense knows if your kid is dead asleep and it's ALMOST MIDNIGHT, you put them to bed.  You don't wake them up and act like it's 6:00p.m.   I just can't with her.  She is the WORST.  Other than Jenelle, of course.

Well, not to defend the midnight dinner and ensuing chaos but the kid had just wet her pants - so she was going to need a bath at some point and it sure wasn't going to happen the next morning.   The problem wasn't the bath, the problem is they were out until 11:00 pm on a school night. 

There is something really wrong in that house for sure.  When Jeremy threatened to take a week off and take care of the kids in response to Leah's constant, "You don't know what it's like...." refrain I was so wishing he would.  I don't think it's as easy as he thinks it is but it's sure as hell can't be as hard as Leah makes it.  For one thing there are plenty of people here who have done it/are doing it.   But maybe if he was home for a week straight he could find out what exactly his wife is doing instead of the things she's supposed to be doing. 

ETA:  Since I don't follow the tabs on these girls I didn't know that Leah and Jeremy have divorced in the six months since this was filmed.  So yeah, something was wrong.  *slaps forehead*

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3
(edited)

Regarding being an addict (that was me)....I'm actually a drug and alcohol counselor now :-). Of course I'm still an addict, but you also gotta kind of gauge your audience when discussing your past and how to phrase things. If this was an AA board, sure....a Teen Mom board? Probably not. To each their own :-).

I always use recovering alcoholic no matter who I'm speaking to. To do otherwise let's people with no experience in the situation think that if they quit using, they're no longer an addict which in my opinion is quite irresponsible.

I'm sure everybody here would know what you meant if you had written "recovering" instead of "used to be". Used to be isn't the truth.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1
(edited)

Regarding pets, Chelsea still has her pug along with the Great Dane and a mini pig. The smaller dog just wasn't seen in this episode.

I think Kail should have cut Javi some slack during the therapy appointment. Guys usually aren't adept at discussing their feelings. That's likely why Javi sounded hesitant during the compliment and Kail mistook it for phoniness. Instead of telling Javi what she needs, she flips out and browbeats him, then wonders why their marriage is a disaster.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3

Wow, I think that was one of the more depressing episodes.

Leah - what the hell was with her on the drive to the drop off in the first part? She sounded like she was crying or something when Gracie asked her a question. Or maybe she was trying to stay awake, I don't know. I got the feeling Leah was really having a hard time comprehending the whole conversation with Corey. I didn't believe her at all when she told Jeremy the conversation was so different from what Corey said "last time."

Also Leah... I totally get going for the easy dinner a-la-Chef Boyardee once in awhile, but I didn't understand why it was such a late night, stressful day, or whatever that it warranted out of control kids, late night dinner from a can, and going to bed near midnight.  Corey even mentioned keeping them on a schedule and feeding them healthy meals, so I have to think Chef Boyardee at 11:30pm on a school night is more common than a healthier meal at a normal time. I did get a tiny laugh when Leah said she had to get the girls to school "by 8:15 this morning."  Like this was some amazing feat, and different from ANY OTHER DAY. It was nice seeing Ali walking pretty well and her balance looked better.

For the cheer competition she only had TWO kids to get ready instead of 3 since Ali was elsewhere, she got up early, and still couldn't manage to be on time even for a 'fun' thing. And that car, ugh, what a mess. Please save me a seat on the bus to hell because I was laughing way too hard at all the crap falling on Adalynn (only since she didn't get hurt). I know Ali used to do the cheering too, so I was wondering why she doesn't anymore. I don't think they necessarily handle disagreements very well, but I couldn't blame Jeremy for being pissed off.  And no, Leah, it is not "normal" to have your very large vehicle so jam-packed that your kids are getting crushed by crap and you can't see out the back.

Jenelle - oh boo hoo, everyone ganged up on you on vacation?  Sorry, your story was already leaked to the media and we know what you said. I had to FF through a bunch of Nathan and Jenelle's stuff because the levels of abuse were so over the top. I think whoever said she was (consciously or subconsciously) sabotaging that lawyer appointment was right on the money. I did however notice Kaiser's car seat practically shake out of the base. Was it just not buckled right?  I was honestly kind of surprised she even took him in the house to continue screaming at Nathan - I was relieved, figuring she'd just leave him in the car.  I do love, love, love that they're showing so many scenes of Barb playing and having fun with Jace now.

For people asking about her former lawyer Dustin, I think he's in another state so that's why she switched.

Kail - guess what?  You don't get to control anything and everything. You moved so many hours away, now you're bitching about the time it takes to drive it?  But OH NO Jo don't move closer, don't want THAT either. And Javi better only give the 'right' appreciation message. I was kind of mad at the therapist for not saying anything in that moment - maybe they just didn't show it. I am not a huge Javi fan either, but when he took off to cool off, then came back after a few hours and suggested they try to apply some of what they had learned in therapy I really admired him wanting to do that.  Then what does Kail do? Gives him nasty bitchy looks about how they should forget it and divorce. I was glad he called her on making "crazy faces."  If I don't even know her in person and can see the switch flip in her brain, you know he sees it even sooner.

I hate that people throw divorce around so easily now, like it's nothing, but in their case I do wonder if that's the best option. They didn't seem to like each other even when they were dating and in the "honeymoon" phase.  I would generally agree with the comments on social media stuff but she's proven herself to be a liar and cheater, so I don't think he's totally out of line wanting some transparency, as long as it goes both ways, until they can rebuild some trust. They should probably talk about THAT in therapy, too, as it seems to be the source of an awful lot of fights.

Chelsea - she seemed to be back to not talking about Adam in front of Aubree as much, which is good. I sincerely hope no court would be stupid enough to grant Adam MORE custody, but poor kid believing her Daddy's promises. That whole conversation was weird, why did she keep saying "my dad" when he was sitting right there?  Anyway I see so much heartbreak in her future. I know Chelsea sees it too.  I had to laugh in that restaurant scene with his buddy how Adam was so careful to say his Dad was waiting in the parking lot (does that count as "supervising"?).  I'm glad to see her standing up for herself more and hope it works out in her favor in real time. I too was wondering what she and Cole were painting.  I kind of wanted to see the finished product.

• Love 4

All this couples therapy isn't working for Kail and Javi.  I think Javi needs to see a therapist on his own because it's pretty clear on this week's episode Kail is over it but doesn't want to be the one to call it. 

• Love 3

I think Kail has some new guy waiting in the wings at Del State. She's a little too casual about this inevitable split from Javi. It's almost like she's wanting for him to file for divorce so she can hurry up and move on to Issac's newest step father.

I completely get this impression too. Maybe that's why I'm a little more understanding about Javi's jealousy and obsession with "checking up" on her.  Do I think it's healthy?  No way... but I think there's a reason for it.

• Love 5

Adderalll should be rear facing and all the crap in the car including the unrestrained adults will fly in an accident most likely killing the kids.  Thankfully Jeremy seems to understand some of the danger she puts them in.  The hairdryer scene and that ridiculous 12 pm bedtime would keep me up at night if I were Corey.

I was thinking that too about the rear-facing, but then given all the crap in the back that would crush her even if they had to stop hard, with or without an accident, I was kind of thinking she was probably better off forward facing. The car seat might protect her from some of the avalanche.

• Love 4
(edited)

Adderalll should be rear facing

Generally, rear-facing car seats are for children under one year of age and less than 20 pounds. Adderall's legs hang out over the seat. Where would she put her legs if she was in a rear-facing car seat?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3

I was also annoyed that Leah and Jermy couldn't take 3 minutes to each grab an armfull of that backseat garbage and toss it in the garage before they took off for their road trip. Driving without being able to see the rear view for such a distance has to be stressful and dangerous and there is no way they could be running that late for a 200 mile trip that they couldn't have taken the time to a least half-ass some of that stuff out of there.

Having known someone like him in the past... my guess is there is no way he is going to lift a FINGER to help her with that mess. It is HER mess and HERS to clean up.  He works hard all week, he already mentioned it to her last week and nothing has changed, even though she doesn't work and only has 2 out of 3 kids part of the time, etc.  (I'm not saying that's how he feels, but just guessing since he's already pretty clearly irritated with her)

• Love 2

The new recommendation is at least 2 y/o. I finally turned my oldest a little after 3 y/o. He would bend his knees to fit his legs against the back seat. It seems quirky but the thinking behind it is that if there was a car accident, broken legs would be preferably over a broken neck.

I noticed that too with Adderall but given all the stuff in the back, I agree she was probably better off.

• Love 3
(edited)

Generally, rear-facing car seats are for children under one year of age and less than 20 pounds. Adderall's legs hang out over the seat. Where would she put her legs if she was in a rear-facing car seat?

I know this is a little OT but... maybe it's because of where I live (California) but I swear it seems like kids are now in car seats forever, and the seats are extreme. The last semi-official thing I heard because of my niece was they should rear-face until age 2 and 40 lbs.  I've also seen many people advocate for keeping them rear facing longer.  I've seen kids with their legs all awkwardly wadded up against the seat but apparently it's safer?  I dunno... not a parent myself so I'm going by family and friends' accounts. I still think Addy was probably safer facing forward with the car seat to protect her from at least some of the flying debris, though.

ETA: just to add a supporting link http://babyproducts.about.com/od/carseats/a/car_seat_safety.htm

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 5

The segment with Leah and midnight dinner was painful to watch.  There is NO way that a kindergartner should be awake at midnight on a school night.  At age 5, the twins should be getting between 9-12 hours of sleep per night, depending on their needs.  If they are getting 7-8 hours with Leah, they are at risk of falling behind at school which would just make everything worse.  Maybe it was a one-off and Leah regularly gets the girls to sleep by 7:30-8:00 at night but I'm not thinking so.  What makes it worse is that you just know that Corey and Miranda would have them in bed, bathed and fed by a reasonable hour.  And honestly, canned pasta at 11:30 at night?  With some white bread chucked on the table?  Those kids don't ever seem to eat home-made food or vegetables that don't come out of a can.  Plus, I foresee some serious issues with Miranda and Corey have their baby because the contrast between the two homes will be almost laughable.  Corey and Miranda are happily married, planned this pregnancy, own a house, both have jobs and are prepared for a child.  I imagine that the twins will still be better cared for with Miranda and Corey, even when they have a newborn.  Comparatively, Leah has 3 kids, 2 divorces, no job, no home and a "stress and depression" (cough, drugs, cough) problem.  

With Chelsea, I can understand why she didn't make a big deal out of the supervision before. She might not wanted to have started a massive feud with Aubree's grandparents or it might have been intimidating to insist to two adults that they do what they are told.  Either way, I'm glad she has now insisted on Adumb being supervised around his daughter.  Being alone with Aubree is a privilege that Adumb hasn't earned.  In fact, being a father is a privilege that Adumb hasn't earned. 

Where to start with Jenelle?  She takes any and every excuse to not get Jace back. It has been said before but a real mother would be moving heaven and earth to make sure that they are at every lawyer's appointment and every visitation but not Jenelle.  She should have a look at what Corey is doing to get his girls back, that is a real parent who is doing his best for his kids.  

What pisses me off about Leah and Jenelle in particular is that their children are the result of their own choices.  All the girls engaged in unprotected sex, some of them repeatedly, chose to follow through with the pregnancy and to keep their children.  That is 3 choices (sex, no abortion, no adoption) that they made and have to live with.  Yeah, teen motherhood sucks, but it isn't like a magic stork dropped a baby in your lap and you were forced to raise it.  These girls chose to bring children into the world and it kills me that their children are now suffering from their parents poor choices (looking at you Leah and Jenelle). Obviously this isn't exclusive to teenage mothers but if you aren't ready or prepared to be a mother, look at other options.  Jenelle is the prime example of someone who wasn't ready or willing and since she refused the alternatives, Jace now has to live with being raised by his grandmother, having no father and an absentee mother.  

I do have a lot of sympathy for these girls (despite by rant above!) because they were barely adults when they became mothers but when it comes down to it, it was their choice.  Being a mother isn't about you, it is about your kids.  Kail and Leah need to put their petty feelings about their exes aside and work together for what is best for their kids.  God knows, it isn't like Jo and Corey aren't trying.  Jenelle needs to sort her sh*t out, either she is getting Jace back or she isn't and there has to be some kind of resolution around Kaiser.  If she thought about what was best for her kids (unlikely, I know), she would leave Jace with Barb, give Kaiser to Nathan's mum and get her tubes tied. 

Rant over, hehehe.  

• Love 7

I'm happy to see Chelsea's behavior this season. I always thought she was a good but immature mom because she was, you know, a teenager. She's toned down the talking about Adam in front of Aubree - my heart broke as Aubree is talking so wistfully about her dad's promise and Chelsea had no clue what to say. <br /><br />Her baby talk is annoying but Cole has the sort of corresponding over the top "take care of the little woman" which is also annoying but does seem like a good fit. Not what I would want but I could actually see it working out for them.

• Love 2

It's interesting that the article recommends rear facing until up to 40 lbs but shows a picture of a child definitely under 40 lbs in a front facing car seat.  I can't imagine where you would put the legs of a child over the age of 3.

ha... true.

(edited)

I'm no Leah fan, but she said the ravioli was a snack, not their dinner.

I have no problem with Chef Boyardee, but something like that right before lying down would give me acid reflux!

[Edited to say I just got to the replies where this was covered. Didn't mean to make a superfluous post.]

Edited by nikita
  • Love 1
(edited)

She also says she has no drug problem and hasn't cheated on Jermy. Credibility is not in the equation here. Leah likely said snack rather than dinner because it would lend credence to her claim that she "just got home from Cory's".

I still think Addy was probably safer facing forward with the car seat to protect her from at least some of the flying debris, though.

Adderall could have been bubble-wrapped and that still wouldn't have protected her from that jalopy of junk. No one was safe in that vehicle.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6
(edited)

Even if it was a snack and not dinner, it seems much right before going to sleep.Seriously peanut butter and jelly. Also, are Miranda and Corey expecting a baby? I thought i just read that in someones posts.I can be behind on the times with these girls, I hardly look on twitter too much.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1
(edited)
Can we discuss Nathan's wardrobe. It's either the God-awful nipple-bearing, sleeveless monstrosities....or he gets all douchey with his Chinos and collared shirts, like he works at Best Buy or something.) Of course, with those two, the fights tend to extend over days, even weeks. So it could conceivably be the same fight!

I hate even looking at him. The way he and Jenelle dress in order to be formal always seems like they're going to their senior year prom.

Kail has to be the most heinous and difficult person to be around. Nothing ever pleases her and it seems like she's looking to pick a fight. Javi can't even give her a compliment without being scolded. Of course, he turned it into a passive aggressive dig (if not a straight up complaint), but that was only after Kail cried and deemed it not an acceptable compliment. Being passionate is a great thing! Especially, since Javi mentioned that it was in regards to her schooling. She sets goals and then achieves them. I'm not sure why she thinks a compliment about being a "good mother" is more acceptable, especially considering that being passionate can apply to her mothering skills. She takes care of her kids, keeps them fed, and clothed. She is exhausting. 

Also, I think Javi leaving because Kail followed this random guy on Instagram is a microcosm of a much larger issue. Obviously, he doesn't trust her. I think there's so much more to this then is being shown. We've seen Kail cheat on a boyfriend on camera before. One can only imagine what she's doing when the cameras aren't there. I think Kail is being sneaky and hiding stuff from Javi. I'm not saying that Javi's perfect or anything, because he certainly has his faults, but I think he's getting the short end of the stick just on editing alone. Kail has shown to be a cheater and I wouldn't be surprised if she's doing it now. Not to mention that it doesn't seem like she ever wants to spend time with her husband. She always looks miserable. Put a fork in them, they're done. Kail's probably already on the prowl for her next victim. 

Big WTF to Kail not wanting Joe to move closer. She complains about her driving 6 hours both ways and when Joe tells her that he's going to fix that problem by moving closer, she rejects that idea too? There's no pleasing her. She wants Joe completely out of the picture and I'm glad that's he's standing firm. Hopefully, he'll pursue more custody of Issac. I hope Joe and Vee moved in right next door. Kail asking Issac if he wants his dad to move closer made me want to reach through my screen and slap her. Why are you using your kids as a pawn in your childish games? A good mother would not do that. 

They haven't shown much of Jace and Barb, but I appreciate Barb ignoring Jenelle's calls. Jace is probably savoring those moments of peace. 

Edited by SophiaPehawkins
  • Love 7
(edited)

Kail has to be the most heinous and difficult person to be around. Nothing ever pleases her and it seems like she's looking to pick a fight. Javi can't even give her a compliment without being scolded. Of course, he turned it into a passive aggressive dig (if not a straight up complaint), but that was only after Kail cried and deemed it not an acceptable compliment. Being passionate is a great thing! Especially, since Javi mentioned that it was in regards to her schooling. She sets goals and then achieves them.

I kept thinking too about how she was having to flip back and forth in that book to find an acceptable compliment for Javi, and how it made her feel. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion if people are having a hard time communicating, but then she beats him up over a compliment that he seemed to mostly think of on his own?

Edited by NikSac
(edited)

Well, not to defend the midnight dinner and ensuing chaos but the kid had just wet her pants - so she was going to need a bath at some point and it sure wasn't going to happen the next morning.   The problem wasn't the bath, the problem is they were out until 11:00 pm on a school night. 

There is something really wrong in that house for sure.  When Jeremy threatened to take a week off and take care of the kids in response to Leah's constant, "You don't know what it's like...." refrain I was so wishing he would.  I don't think it's as easy as he thinks it is but it's sure as hell can't be as hard as Leah makes it.  For one thing there are plenty of people here who have done it/are doing it.   But maybe if he was home for a week straight he could find out what exactly his wife is doing instead of the things she's supposed to be doing. 

ETA:  Since I don't follow the tabs on these girls I didn't know that Leah and Jeremy have divorced in the six months since this was filmed.  So yeah, something was wrong.  *slaps forehead*

Except she threw both twins in the tub and insisted they eat their crappy "snack." Poor little Alli was so sleepy, stupid Leah had her by the arms and was shaking her like a rag doll to wake her up.  Come on, now.  There was no need to wake that little girl up.  Let her sleep. That right there was some drug addled behavior. Also, I have a lot of experience with kids peeing themselves.  It was nothing a change of clothes and some wet wipes couldn't have handled until the next morning.  And if my kids are passed out at nearly midnight on a school night, you best believe I'm putting them straight to bed and can deal with the bath crap the next morning.  Leah's too strung out to think logically tho.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 6

I was thinking that too about the rear-facing, but then given all the crap in the back that would crush her even if they had to stop hard, with or without an accident, I was kind of thinking she was probably better off forward facing. The car seat might protect her from some of the avalanche.

Also, isn't little Adderal at least 2 now?  I can't remember.  If she is, I'm not hating on Leah for having her forward facing.  Especially given the craziness of her car and that the twins are forward facing on each side of her.   I mean, could you imagine colored pencil-gate if those girls had a better angle to throw shit at her? 

• Love 3
(edited)

This show.. I only know these people from my tv screens and my god, they make me crazy. '

Adam is a real piece of work. Of course Aubree doesn't think you're mean because you are the "fun cool" Dad which is what most not together Dads get to be. It really isn't fair that a lot of Dads get to make the choice to be this way and Moms have to be tough ones. I say a lot because there are some Dads who are not like this and want to tough but also fun,looking at you Corey and Jo. BUT SHUT THE HELL UP, ADAM.

Also Kail. I said it in previous episodes forums, she hated having to make a drive for pick ups with Issacs. In fact, during her time with the new baby she made the choice and broke the rule that only she and Jo could do drops off. She sent Javi one time.

i guess Dustin finally got an office further away from Janelle and she can no longer find him.

Dustin works at the same practice! I googled the lawyer because we visit Myrtle Beach and I am always curious where a bouts Jenelle is on the show. They drove to Bolivia, NC which is also the place Dustin works!

http://www.sullivanlawnc.com/p_attorneys.php

Edited by CourtneyCourt
  • Love 4

I know this is a little OT but... maybe it's because of where I live (California) but I swear it seems like kids are now in car seats forever, and the seats are extreme. The last semi-official thing I heard because of my niece was they should rear-face until age 2 and 40 lbs.  I've also seen many people advocate for keeping them rear facing longer.  I've seen kids with their legs all awkwardly wadded up against the seat but apparently it's safer?  I dunno... not a parent myself so I'm going by family and friends' accounts. I still think Addy was probably safer facing forward with the car seat to protect her from at least some of the flying debris, though.

ETA: just to add a supporting link http://babyproducts.about.com/od/carseats/a/car_seat_safety.htm

I'm in CA too and people get a little nutty about the car seat thing.  I've seen SIX year olds in rear facing car seats.  Yes, it's safer to keep them rear facing for as long as possible but as with most things, sometimes practicalities get in the way of doing what is the absolute safest possible thing for your kids. Just because one way might be slightly safer past a certain point, doesn't mean having them forward facing after age 2 (or between 1 and 2 for an especially large child) is UNSAFE.  The booster seat laws are nuts too.  I know some high schoolers that still fit the height and weight requirements for a booster.  It's unreal. 

• Love 7

I may be in the minority, but I don't get why Kali is so protective of her phone if she claims she is doing nothing wrong. My husband and I both now the passwords of each others phones, email, facebook, whatever. If he uses my phone it's not a big deal to me. But, I don't have anything to hide. If it makes him feel better I don't know why she won't let him see it, unless she is cheating.

As far as Leah, her kids were up way too late. My 8 year old is in bed by 8:30 on school night, and it was even earlier when he was in kindergarten. And dinner was always between 6:00 and 6:30. But I will give her a pass on the canned ravoli. I don't like the stuff, but my then 4 year old went through a stage where all he would eat for lunch was that and apples on the weekends. I gave it to him so I could have a peaceful lunchtime. I was so happy when he outgrow it!

• Love 9

Chelsea's reaction to Aubree's recitation of her meeting with her father was just...heartbreaking. I can imagine Aubree watching that in 10 years and seeing the emotions on her mom's face and it just makes me so emotional. She is so at a loss for what to say, but she just listens. That's a mom. 

Kailyn's "I hate your compliment for me!" and her ridiculous need to control everything.  And it's not even because she has a master plan, she just wants to satisfy her whim. I would never have thought that Jo would become the good parent in this scenario, but here we are. Kailyn having that stupid conversation about Javi leaving RIGHT IN FRONT OF ISAAC.  I want to medicate her, but I wouldn't even know where to start.

Jenelle doesn't want Jace back. She wants to give Barb a dose of her own medicine. I wanted to throttle her when she WENT BACK FOR KEIFER I MEAN NATHAN on her way to the attorney.  She gives one quarter of one shit about getting Jace back, otherwise she would have been working with Barb and her attorney long before the cameras showed up again.

Leah is losing it. She has clearly been high as fuck on several occasions in this season, but the car! And she was so crowded in her own passenger seat that she could barely sit.  She's losing this battle. I wonder if the wheelchair is somewhere under all that shit? As PP pointed out, remember that wheelchair and how important it was to get it?  How Corey should have been calling his insurance company daily? This is part of her shopping addiction, along with the stupid washer/dryer and Mary Kay crap.

And her poor kids with the canned ravioli (yeah, what was wrong with a sandwich or toast? she clearly had bread), and being made to hold their pee until they pee themselves, and getting home at 11 on a school night?! And how was Leah's hair so completely messed up in only 6 hours? I have unruly hair and mine doesn't get that bad.

Also I have a 4 year old.  I'm not aware of the laws in every state, but most of them require rear facing until age 1 year or 20 lbs (whichever comes LAST) but current APA recommendations say rear facing until 2 years.  Their legs aren't really an issue with the tilt of the seat, they sit cross legged or prop them against the seat or splay them out.  Kids are super bendy and comfortable in lots of ways we aren't as adults. The legs are less of a concern than the maturity of the spine and the scary term "internal decapitation" in the event of an accident. However, the number of potential projectiles in that car if they were to get into an accident could potentially outweigh any benefit baby Adderall would get from being rear facing. 

AND that most these kids are just in boosters (not even high backed ones) without 5 point restraints makes me a little crazy. I can't not notice it. 

• Love 1

Except she threw both twins in the tub and insisted they eat their crappy "snack." Poor little Alli was so sleepy, stupid Leah had her by the arms and was shaking her like a rag doll to wake her up.  Come on, now.  There was no need to wake that little girl up.  Let her sleep.

I couldn't figure out why she didn't just put them to sleep. I assumed the ravioli was their evening meal because they hadn't had dinner (which I believe was her fault, not Corey's) and that's why she was so pressed about it, because otherwise why wouldn't she skip the almost-literal midnight snack and just let them sleep? I don't have kids so I won't pretend to speak with authority here, but I would think if it was 10 PM on a school night and you were just getting home, you'd be bustling to get them to bed ASAP, including skipping a snack. (Do kids get snacks at bedtime? I don't like to eat too close to bedtime because it tends to make my insomnia worse.) Like "girls, it's late, we've got to get to bed! PJs on, bath in the morning" (or a quick bath for the one that had wet herself). The kids were clearly exhausted anyway and whatever routine they were on was already shot (and I'd guess they don't have much of one at Leah's house), so I'd think it would make the most sense to just put them to bed and get them sorted out in the morning. 

• Love 6

Kailyn's "I hate your compliment for me!" and her ridiculous need to control everything. And it's not even because she has a master plan, she just wants to satisfy her whim. I would never have thought that Jo would become the good parent in this scenario, but here we are. Kailyn having that stupid conversation about Javi leaving RIGHT IN FRONT OF ISAAC. I want to medicate her, but I wouldn't even know where to start.

I would start with an elephant gun full of tranquilizer darts.

• Love 5
(edited)

This actually confused me too. Because she told Gracie "your ravioli's ready" (as if it was just Gracie's and maybe something she specifically requested?), then on their way to bed Ali asked for a snack and Leah said they just had a snack.  I think when I re-watched this scene for about the third time was when I realized I had spent way too much time thinking about it. Snack or dinner, either way, heavy food at 11:30pm on a school night is not good.

ETA: my theory on why she didn't do baths etc. in the morning is because it's the morning. She can barely get them dressed and to school and it appears only one kid per day gets her hair brushed. I don't see her getting up even earlier to also bathe them, dry hair, etc. 

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 5

ETA: my theory on why she didn't do baths etc. in the morning is because it's the morning. She can barely get them dressed and to school and it appears only one kid per day gets her hair brushed. I don't see her getting up even earlier to also bathe them, dry hair, etc.

Which I think is fine. My sister and BIL are not morning people so their kids take nighttime baths to cut down on the morning routine. Plus the kids love bath time so sometimes it stretches to an hour. Their morning routine is about as simple as you can get with two preschoolers. Ug getting kids in the car at that age is awful. If Leah was more reasonable I would just laugh at the getting to school thing. Honestly, getting kids under 10 years old in the car is basically the worst thing that can happen to a person. I know my amazing mom got us to school late on occasion because we would somehow take 20 minutes to move from the front door to the car. There's only so much preemptive planning you can do.

My thing with Leah is it looked like there is no morning or nighttime routine. I get the feeling Leah spends a lot of time staring into space until one of the kids screams loud enough to get her attention. She was acting like she had literally never gotten all 3 girls dressed and out the door in the morning. I wonder if she hasn't. Maybe she starts and gets overwhelmed and then calls her mom or grandma or someone and hides in bed until someone gets there to help her? I actually feel for her because I think she suffers from depression and anxiety and has fucked with legitimate Rx to the point that she feels no pain. Girl is not ready to be a mother, not by a long shot. Even Janelle seems less flummoxed by taking care of a baby than Leah does.

• Love 7

I may be in the minority, but I don't get why Kali is so protective of her phone if she claims she is doing nothing wrong. My husband and I both now the passwords of each others phones, email, facebook, whatever. If he uses my phone it's not a big deal to me. But, I don't have anything to hide. If it makes him feel better I don't know why she won't let him see it, unless she is cheating.

My spouse and I don't have passwords on our phones. He has used mine and I have used his, whatever was convenient to use at the moment. The one thing he and I don't do is, we don't go searching through each other's phone, which is what Javi has admitted to doing. We don't need to. We trust each other.  As for Javi, is it because he is suspicious based on unfounded facts? He himself said he has never trusted Kail. Why is that? Based on what? Whatever the reason is, until he has proof, what he did was wrong. Until you have facts or evidence that leads one to believe their partner might be cheating, you never go through their items "just to check" and accuse them of being shady. Now, he did go through her phone, as she mentioned he did and he admits to doing. That  means he had access to her phone and messages at one point. I assume he didn't find anything because wouldn't he have mentioned it by now? Wouldn't he have said he read the texts from that guy and those are not the kind of messages a friend would send? For all I know, there may be a lot more that Javi has on Kail and just hasn't mentioned it on camera. Maybe Kail has shown him her phone in the past, but he just doesn't let it go. There are times when a person can be shown proof of something, but as long as they have that seed of doubt in their mind, nothing will satisfy them. Perhaps Javi is that kind of person? Who knows. I just know that these two are ridiculous and fucking exhausting to watch. IMO Kail is shady as hell.

• Love 3

If I am remembering correctly [having watched these girls since their 16& Pregnant] Jenelle kept Jace for the same reasons: to spite Barb. Barb initially suggested Jenelle think about placing her baby for adoption [probably knowing she would be raising another child if Jenelle didn't] so naturally Jenelle decided to keep her baby and then proceeded to leave Jace with Barb while she was out whooping it up, gone for days at time with who knows what. Jenelle isn't trying to "get Jace back" because she never really had him. Barb has been taking care of him his entire life - Jenelle is some big sister that blows in with toys and fun and then blows right back out again. The venues have changed [now Jace comes to Jenelle's home] but the idea is the same.

Besides, I find Nathan terrifying and I bet Jace does too.

I bet Jenelle had odd as a teen. Now she has other shit going on. She needs meds and serious therapy. It doesn't help that she has young fans idolizing her. It makes it worse. Please let Kaiser get adopted. Jenelle can go to Utah and quickly find an adoptive parents.

• Love 2

I knew that they would enable Jenelle and gloss over the notorious wish that a soldier died but damn. When Leah and Jerm were fighting at the end over the mess, she said "It just f***** happened ...leave me alone" and I thought for a sec that it was going to be about the deercam fling with Robbie.

Right? Jenelle was like "We got into a tiny miff with his friends on vacation, and I felt like Nathan didn't adequately stand up for me. So now we're back home and it's still a little tense." Uh, you told your marine fiance's marine friend that you wished he had been blown up while he was deployed like their dead mutual friend that was killed in combat. You're lucky he even came back home with you. I think he only did so because his stash of treasured sleeveless shirts are in your house.

• Love 10
(edited)

Kali has abandonment issues and other childhood issues going on. I bet she feels jealous that Jo is actually a good father to Isaac. She never had a father or mother who was there for her. Now she's living out her issues through her kids. She needs help before her children start to resent her and see what she's doing. You don't try to play one parent against the other.

Jenelle. What a fuck up. Nathan is also a fuck up. She should be thankful Jace isn't in foster care because her rights would've been terminated a long time ago. Barbs didn't have to take in Jace. Do you know how many daughters would love to have their mother back.

Adam just needs to walk out of his kids life. He's doing more damage while he's in Aubrey life. I know dad's like Adam and their child's emotional scars take years to heal with therapy. Rather just leave now.

Edited by Darknight
  • Love 4

Which I think is fine. My sister and BIL are not morning people so their kids take nighttime baths to cut down on the morning routine. Plus the kids love bath time so sometimes it stretches to an hour. Their morning routine is about as simple as you can get with two preschoolers. Ug getting kids in the car at that age is awful. If Leah was more reasonable I would just laugh at the getting to school thing. Honestly, getting kids under 10 years old in the car is basically the worst thing that can happen to a person. I know my amazing mom got us to school late on occasion because we would somehow take 20 minutes to move from the front door to the car. There's only so much preemptive planning you can do.

My thing with Leah is it looked like there is no morning or nighttime routine. I get the feeling Leah spends a lot of time staring into space until one of the kids screams loud enough to get her attention. She was acting like she had literally never gotten all 3 girls dressed and out the door in the morning. I wonder if she hasn't. Maybe she starts and gets overwhelmed and then calls her mom or grandma or someone and hides in bed until someone gets there to help her? I actually feel for her because I think she suffers from depression and anxiety and has fucked with legitimate Rx to the point that she feels no pain. Girl is not ready to be a mother, not by a long shot. Even Janelle seems less flummoxed by taking care of a baby than Leah does.

I'm with ya on the morning/evening part. I'd rather lose an hour of sleep at night and get as much done as possible than have to get up early (like Leah, I'm not a morning person!).  But I also get that you have to have at least some kind of routine with kids.  Heck even if her routine was "dinner at 10pm, bed at 11pm, and up at 7 to get dressed for school as fast as possible" I'd think that was an improvement.

I think it's easier for Jenelle since she just walks out screaming "shut up" to whoever pissed her off most recently and she leaves the kid behind.  She does seem less stressed, though.

• Love 1

I don't know how she got pills so easily in the first place in WV. That place is like pill lockdown! It leads the country in ODs from prescription drugs. Most doctors there will do just about anything to avoid prescribing a controlled substance (live on the border, have friends there- one of whom drives to PA specifically to see a doctor because of the laws in WV regarding pills).

The doctors are often kept in check by various insurance rules and regulations. But if Leah has the cash, it's a lot easier to get the pills without having to comply with all the rules.

• Love 4

Right? Jenelle was like "We got into a tiny miff with his friends on vacation, and I felt like Nathan didn't adequately stand up for me. So now we're back home and it's still a little tense." Uh, you told your marine fiance's marine friend that you wished he had been blown up while he was deployed like their dead mutual friend that was killed in combat. You're lucky he even came back home with you. I think he only did so because his stash of treasured sleeveless shirts are in your house.

The person Jenelle was screaming at was Nipples older brother.

The doctors are often kept in check by various insurance rules and regulations. But if Leah has the cash, it's a lot easier to get the pills without having to comply with all the rules.

Exactly - the rules only apply to those getting the pills legally. I'm not saying she wasn't, but it'd be the easy solution for her.

• Love 1

I'm with ya on the morning/evening part. I'd rather lose an hour of sleep at night and get as much done as possible than have to get up early (like Leah, I'm not a morning person!). But I also get that you have to have at least some kind of routine with kids. Heck even if her routine was "dinner at 10pm, bed at 11pm, and up at 7 to get dressed for school as fast as possible" I'd think that was an improvement.

I think it's easier for Jenelle since she just walks out screaming "shut up" to whoever pissed her off most recently and she leaves the kid behind. She does seem less stressed, though.

Oh true that. Janelle copes by picking and choosing when she wants to be a parent. Which makes her a worse person than Leah, who I think actually loves her kids and wants to do right by them. And I have no doubt that Janelle will dump Kieser on someone once she and Nathan break up for good. I guess I just think that Janelle's ability to just check out completly and hand her kids over without showing any interest for years may be slightly easier to take than Leah trying and failing and raising her girls in an episode of Intervention where she's the addict who refuses to accept any help at all.

• Love 3

Nothing like Saturday morning and a cup of coffee to enjoy the cluster fuck known as TM2!

Chelsea's face when Aubrey told her what Adumb had said.  So much emotion going on in that expression.  It made me very, very sad

Seriously. Reflecting on it, Chelsea wasn't just sad for poor Aubree, she actually appeared to be empathetic. Something neither Kail nor Leah have seemingly demonstrated to their children (I'm semi-convinced Jenelle doesn't have emotions, so she doesn't count).  If Adumb was any kind of man he would walk away now instead of dragging it out, but MTV money is more important to him. He shouldn't even be paid, the loser.

Yeah that was a laugh, MTV and Jenelle tried to smooth that over, despite it being all over social media back a few months ago. Mr.Strange, a combat Vet, told me if we ever meet Jenelle I'd have to beat her ass for him. I'm more then game for that, at this point. I can't even feel sorry for her when Nathan was playing his mind games with her. Karma is a bitch and apparently it comes in the form of Nips. Poor Kaiser, I'm sure he'd love to spring out of the rocking car seat and crawl to freedom and a loving family. At the very least Jace is still with the one stabilizing influence in that scenario.

I can't with Leah. It is so obviously the something is seriously "off" with her. She's never been particularly sharp or anything but she used to have some life to her in previous seasons, 5 pounds of makeup and all. Know she is some pale shadow of her former self. Keeping those kids out of the house and up till midnight is ridiculous, yet Mama Dawn has the nerve to bitch about Cory working and not being there for the girlses enough? Dumb bitch, I'll bet they'd still be fed and in bed by a reasonable hour with the Sims,  something her precious Leah can't do.

The scene in Leah's car would have been almost funny if this was a sitcom and a real baby wasn't being drownded under all that crap.

• Love 6

I have always thought Dawn looks like she has some sort of mental retardation. The first time I saw her on the screen, I thought she had Down Syndrome. Facially, she doesn't look right.

I have always thought that Dawn is the exact image of what Leah will look like in 17 years. Heavier, tired, hamster hair, no makeup, just...done. Leah's potential mates would do well to look at that. 

• Love 4

I have always thought that Dawn is the exact image of what Leah will look like in 17 years. Heavier, tired, hamster hair, no makeup, just...done. Leah's potential mates would do well to look at that.

Hell, the way Leah's going, that'll be her by 25. Between the drugs, divorces and three kids, she's aging in dog years.

Regarding Nathan, as much of a scumbag as he is, that was a really low blow for Jenelle to say she wished his brother died in combat. I'm guessing MTV chose not to air the footage because it would have generated a Duggar-esque shit storm of bad publicity.

• Love 9
(edited)

Just wanted to point out, it was Ali, not Aleeah, who wet her pants in the car AKA not the evil twin. Poor girl :/

Also wanted to add that she said in the voiceover that the girls got back from Corey's the DAY before, so it was her and only her who had the girls up and out past 10pm the day after and in bed after 12am. No fucking excuse.

Edited by Madison Bumgarner
  • Love 12
(edited)

Nathan's sister-in-law was videotaping Janelle. MTV wasn't filming at that moment. I doubt they would have shown it anyhow, but I also don't think she would have said it if they were still there, and she knew she was being taped. The SIL was kind of hiding in the kitchen, which was why the video was so poor. You could barely see Janelle, but her voice was clear.

Edited by Christina
  • Love 4

Naw, she never stays with anyone long enough for them to have to worry about her growing old with them.  

• Love 6