Type keyword(s) to search

My Giant Life - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I like Wil, he's a funny guy and he and Coco actually make a nice couple.

Katja and Julie just don't impress me at all with their attitude about this baby.  Do they really want it?  Seems like more of an accessory to them to help a floundering relationship.  So much blasé ambivalence.

• Love 3

In the previews, it looks like Hayleigh isn't very happy with Brian. Does she regret her marriage? She seems like she wanted to get away from her controlling father, hence the rush to get married right after graduating college. But is her alternative with Brian everything she was hoping for? I think not.

I like Coco with Will. He seems to genuinely like her , and she him. It doesn't seem fake or forced. After her disasterous experience with the matchmaker last season, this seems like a more natural way to meet and get to know someone, the way they met .

• Love 5

If Lindsay wants an acting career she should go into professional wrestling.  Her height would be perfect and she might be able to break into acting that way. Plus she's nutty enough to do the crazy stuff that wrestlers do. Just a thought.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

If Lindsay wants an acting career she should go into professional wrestling.  Her height would be perfect and she might be able to break into acting that way. Plus she's nutty enough to do the crazy stuff that wrestlers do. Just a thought.

She's already been there and done that. Wikipedia says she's a "retired professional wrestler better known by her ring names, Isis the Amazon and Aloisia." On her site she says she quit and moved to Los Angeles because wrestling was just a stepping stone to an acting career.

• Love 1

Ugh, barf barf.  Even though they pixelated Lindsay's pubes during the shaving scenes, that was still too much.

Katja and Julie are in no way ready for a child.  When the discussion is about who looks better with the big belly versus who will more easily find maternity clothes that fit, it suggests that the people involved have some growing up to do. 

• Love 8

Looking good with a big belly: lame. Nobody knows whether they'll be a "cute pregnant woman" or a "godzilla she-beast" until they get there.

Finding maternity clothes: actually, this might be slightly valid. Even at a relatively short 5'11" I could NOT find maternity jeans that fit, at least not at a reasonable price. I had to wear tall yoga pants folded down under my gut.

"Let's take a walk and see what people say about your belly!!"

who does that?  who gives a crap about some fake pregnancy belly walking down the street.  I've got my own problems to worry about.  Julie's got major issues.  She should not become a parent right now.

• Love 4

I wonder if any relationships are going to survive this show?

It can't be said enough, Lindsay is a trainwreck. She said she was taking narco. What is that? She shouldn't be prescribed any narcotics. She is an addict.

• Love 1

I wonder if they are making up or enhancing storylines this season. Like wearing the pregnancy pillow out in public. And I saw on another forum that some people think that Coco and Will were already dating when this season was being filmed but they created a storyline around how they met. Who knows if it's even true. 

They've been playing up the drama between Hayleigh and Bryan but I don't think for one minute that she won't be joining him when he moves to Tennessee. What is her alternative, going home to live with her parents? 

• Love 1

For sure they are enhancing storylines, if there are any at all on this show! Katja and Julie have discussed having a baby for THREE episodes and it's been about who will carry the baby, who looks better in a baby bump! Ugh, fake, fake, fake! If you have to discuss how much weight you'll put on, maybe you should adopt a kid.

And Haleigh and Bryan don't even seem like they know each other, much less are married. I get conversations are stilted with the cameras going, but they seem like the producers threw them together and said, "act married."

• Love 2
14 hours ago, cpcathy said:

For sure they are enhancing storylines, if there are any at all on this show! Katja and Julie have discussed having a baby for THREE episodes and it's been about who will carry the baby, who looks better in a baby bump! Ugh, fake, fake, fake! If you have to discuss how much weight you'll put on, maybe you should adopt a kid.

And Haleigh and Bryan don't even seem like they know each other, much less are married. I get conversations are stilted with the cameras going, but they seem like the producers threw them together and said, "act married."

I don't buy the baby storyline between Katja and Julie and never really have since they said they wanted to go to a bar to find a sperm donor the old fashioned way. Who does that? Seriously, there are diseases and men who simply want to take advantage of women. Are they not smart enough to know that? I mean come on! FAKE! Calling bullshit.

Katja and Julie should not under any circumstances have a baby.  Get a foster child. And I don't mean any kid younger than 8 years old.

Lindsay is just f*'d up.  She just needs rehab.

The one who is getting married to a military guy - she really has not met his friends yet?  That's disturbing.  I mean if you are serious with a guy you would have met his friends already.

The married couple I am thinking is all manufactured TLC drama.

Otherwise... this show just drags.

• Love 1

I'm tempted to fast forward through Lindsay's scenes- she's insufferable and sad. Get an actual job, lay off the booze, and dump your "boyfriend" who can't hardly stand the sight of you. Seriously. Find yourself. And please find an actual bra. 

• Love 6

I'll keep watching because I want a miracle to happen and Lindsay will admit she's a alcoholic, Bryan and Haleigh to admit they only met once before the show and Katja and Julie that they never even wanted a baby.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Dobian said:

I love Nancy's mom, what a mom.  And I like Lexie, she is very nice.  That's really all I have to say about this episode.

That and I was half watching and more interested in a repeat episode of DS9 on Netflix.  This should have stuck to 1 season and catch up followup episodes as "specials".

4 hours ago, greekmom said:

That and I was half watching and more interested in a repeat episode of DS9 on Netflix.  This should have stuck to 1 season and catch up followup episodes as "specials".

I binge watched all of DS9 last year on Netflix, what a great show.  Okay back on topic, a lot of TLC shows they could have just done one season with followup specials.  Roloffs, Sister Wives, Little Couple, etc.  Most of these voyeur shows are really just lazy viewing for when you don't know what else to watch.

• Love 1

Haleigh and Bryan are idiots. Sometimes we have to make choices, if he has no job in California and could have a good one in another state, you may have to make a hard choice. She keeps talking about her dream of volleyball, but we only see the photos of her playing, we never see her playing. If I'm being honest here, I wonder if she's in volleyball shape right now and not waiting to get in better shape before she rejoins that dream of playing volleyball. And you know what happens when we promise we're going to do something eventually--like the Hoarders folks promising to clean their homes someday!

• Love 5

I hadn't watched in a couple of weeks, but tuned in to the last half hour tonight. It was kind of nice seeing the bachelor party and I guess it was all right that Katja and Julia were on a date for their anniversary, though it seemed very weird to have a topless dancer giving Julia a lap dance without her asking. By the time they got to Lindsey dressed up as a Viking wrestler though, I had to turn it off. Her acting skills aren't good enough to keep me watching.

• Love 2

that wrestling promo was one of the more ridiculous things I've seen in my life.  She was AWFUL.  Wrestling isn't for everyone, it's scripted, but it can be fun. I took my kids last summer to Summer Slam and actually had a good time.  She is NOT ready for prime time.

How is bride to be getting a wedding venue three weeks before the wedding?  Three weeks??

• Love 3

When she was trying on dresses, it was something like five weeks. If you're way over six feet tall, by all means, start shopping early! It may take that long to find a dress! Methinks the producers said, "oh, you're getting married, don't plan anything, we'll pay, but you have to do everything on camera and on short notice."

(edited)
5 hours ago, cpcathy said:

When she was trying on dresses, it was something like five weeks. If you're way over six feet tall, by all means, start shopping early! It may take that long to find a dress! Methinks the producers said, "oh, you're getting married, don't plan anything, we'll pay, but you have to do everything on camera and on short notice."

I think she already had the dress and they just stuck it into the shop's inventory to be "discovered."

I read somewhere that Bryan was a volleyball coach at a small school in California...not unemployed...and not in Teannessee.  The whole story line is probably crap. And Haleigh is not in volleyball shape IMO.

I really don't like any of these people, I wondered why I was watching the other night...may drop this show.

ETA:  So I just looked further and I was wrong.  Bryan is the assistant volleyball coach at a small school in Tennesse and Haleigh is the graduate assistant coach.

Edited by riverblue22
sloppy research
  • Love 3

Finally watched the actual episode. I really like Lexie, she's pretty, funny, and I do not know how she put up with those drunk dudes bothering her at her bachelorette party. Kudos on you, Lexie.

(edited)

I agree with a lot of the above.  We keep hearing about Haleigh's volleyball career but have never seen one scene with her playing or practicing or even talking in detail about which league or team or anything.  It just feels totally contrived.  The whole Lindsay pro wrestling bit, just...no.  I had to look away.  Katja and Julia don't feel real to me at all and their whole pregnancy story is a bunch of baloney.  About the only thing I liked about this episode was Lexie's dad, he seemed like a fun guy.  They also mostly kicked Coco and Nancy to the curb to make more time for Lindsay and Katja/Julia.  Probably better for Nancy to focus on college without having cameras following her around.  They need to make this the last season, there's nothing compelling or interesting here.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 4
(edited)

Wow, a couple days since what I assume was the season finale (closure seemed to be the theme for all their segments), and no comments. That's kind of fitting because the whole episode was a big yawn.  Lexie had a nice wedding, that's about it.  Katja and Julie still acting like they're as thrilled about getting pregnant as having a colonoscopy, before finally making their announcement with a balloon with a doofy mug shot of Julie on it.  That poor kid, if they really do have it.  Haleigh and Brian with an anticlimactic bon voyage for Tennessee.  And no final scene with her parents.  Lindsay gets to walk an F-List carpet.  And no Coco!  Remember her, show?  I get the feeling they had a really hard time cobbling up enough material to make something even remotely watchable.  A total snoozefest.  Don't expect this one to be back next year.  The lesson of this series?  The lives of tall people are every bit as dull and boring as the rest of ours.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 4

The only joy in watching this show is having it on DVR, and then I can wiz though any of the boring segments. I am only watching to try and catch how set up everything is. I was even wondering if Lexie's wedding was real! (I ended up on, yes, it was real). Coco was not even interesting enough to get in the final few episodes. Haleigh and Bryan, what a mess, how many times did the producers have them say, "uh, okay, hello, Tennessee." And it seemed like they told her parents and then moved the next day. What???

Perhaps the show should only center on Lexie, they can call it My Giant Army Wife.

• Love 2

WTF, THAT was the finale? It didn't really feel like one. Season seemed very short and incomplete. Lindsay is still gross. I am curious whatever happened to Coco. She was the second most tolerable one, behind Lexie (who is a real spitfire, but overuses the word "sassy"). And where was Nancy's arrival at college? Way to go out with a whimper, show.

• Love 2

My 2cents... From observing: Lindsay is a giggling alcoholic (pills?). She has major issues, one being her clothes. Last year it was the crop tops w/those damn boots & shorts. This year, it's the belly exposing pants without any top that isn't marked "child size". Wtf? The other women seem to find appropriate clothes. I'm starting the figure out that Lindsay is inappropriately over-the-top with everything. Her boobs, her oversexualized talk & actions (wrestling costume doesn't even cover her nipples) the need for ANY attention... The Year of Lindsay? A reason to act like a moron? Sad. Lose the bf, get into rehab, stay out of the bar & Baby-Gap clothes. BUY A BRA

My 2cents...Coco.. She's a beautiful woman. Now, if only she could get an attitude adjustment. Maybe a swift kick in the arse, as my dad used to say. Why so mean? That's the reason she can't find a man! None of the other women have issues finding partners, even Lindsay ffs. The guys who like her, she tears them a new one...the guys she likes run away. Geezlouise, stop acting like you're so damn superior. Stay off dating websites & just be nice.

• Love 4
(edited)

Haleigh... She needs to get on antidepressants asap. She keeps talking about pro-volleyball, yet those pics of her playing look like they were taken 10yrs ago & 30lbs ago (not shading her weight, just pointing out that she had the body of a young teenager in those pics). If she was a professional athlete, wouldn't we see her playing/practicing/exercising? Glad Bryan got a job. I like her & it saddened me when she kept saying that 'marriage is hard' & 'marriage is a compromise' & now that they're moving, her 'pro-volleyball days are over', 'huge sacrifice'.  I think she's using his Tennessee job as an excuse to not have succeeded to the level her dad demanded of her, her whole life. She's going to blame Bryan for everything she has not accomplished. Just a side note..I never stopped smiling my first year of marriage, so excited!! All mushy!! Sadly, never saw her smile at all. Won't even start talking about her dad cuz it's all been said.

Nancy... Seems to have her head on straight. Supportive mom, nice family. Acts just like she should at her age. Issues at prom? Name me a teenage girl who didn't have issues. Tall or not! 'will he call, does this dress make me look fat?' (you gals remember?) TeamNancy!

Lexi...Beautiful gal, seems normal. Any wedding drama was TLC scripted (dress, stress, kiss, priest, will he show up?)

Katja.. Why does she speak so monotone? She's talking about having a baby in the same manner as me deciding if I want to supersize it at McD's. ("Mmm, like...maybe I'll carry it, no, maybe, like, let's get knocked up at a bar, like mmmm") Julie has huge issues. Katja is following orders. TLC scripted (belly walk?) Weird. They seem fine and any 'story, drama' looks TLC scripted.

TLC has got to STOP making them look like freaks! (Baby chair, shot from the floor) and show us how it is to live in a world made for people between 5-6ft tall. I liked some parts of the 1st season, where they taught me how difficult it was for 6ft+ people (chairs, tables, planes, clothes, etc). This year, not so much.

Edited by Charm
Typo
  • Love 1
(edited)

More about Haleigh: as I mentioned above, my first year of marriage was fun, exciting, mushy, smiles, farting rainbows!! Yes, it seemed like nobody else existed but us. Sooo romantic, all new! We also had to move for hubby's job & also lived in 300sq ft apartment but we found it so exciting, we didn't care! It wasn't til years later, looking back, that I realized how difficult it really had been, it was a sacrifice. Thank goodness for 'we are a team' and 'getting to know you' excitement that got us through all the new changes. Guess it was simply young love blinders, lol.  We're going on 32 yrs and we've had harder years than that first one. It's so sad that we're not seeing that side of her/them or, sadder yet, it doesn't exist. 

Edited by Charm
spelling error
  • Love 1

Haleigh irks me the most, with the "first year of marriage is HARD" stuff. First year of marriage should be fun, if you've married the right person. We had Thanksgiving in our teeny, tiny kitchen and it was awesome! She and Bryan just seem so uncomfortable around each other, I can't blame it all on the cameras being there.

• Love 2

Exactly cpcathy! That's exactly what mine felt like? Date night..cuddling while semi-watching a rented movie cuz we couldn't afford going to the theatre ... You get what I'm saying! I'm starting to feel like she got married to get away from her controlling, f'ed up parents, not for love. Sadly :(

• Love 1

So I started watching this show today. I am annoyed production set Nancy up to go to the store in Houston that caters to tall women. I'm the runt of my family at 6' and have been there with tons of cousins to get clothes.  

On 9/5/2017 at 7:33 PM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

TLC is running ads for a new season. It looks like Nancy won't be on this one (hopefully she's off enjoying college life) but there's a new woman instead, and at least one baby on the way. 

Nancy 

Spoiler

Transfered to Rice University and will be sitting out a year playing basketball.  She is back playing with her BFFs from high school.  

• Love 1

According to Sunday's episode description, Katya and Julie are looking for a sperm donor. WTF, wouldn't they be WAY past that step by now? They decided a year ago that they were ready to have a baby and Julie was going to carry it. Picking out sperm is basically the only thing left to do, besides possibly take ovulation-boosting meds. I know a LOT about the whole IUI process, once you know where the sperm is coming from you can do it on your next cycle even with bells and whistles like injectable meds.

• Love 1

I follow Lindsey on IG...Ive always felt sorry gor her and hoped she could find herself..she is just so  awkward and  broken...I really felt sorry for her...hey...I follow a hamster rescue and a fox rescue too..always rooting for the underdog...

Anyhoo....She just had a baby a few days ago! Giant baby boy named Liam...her mom was with her.

I hope things go well...seems she had it tough...she really loves her dogs, and Im a huge animal lover so she cant be all bad...I think you can tell the character of a person by the way they treat their animals and parents lol

Edited by Christi
On 9/13/2017 at 2:44 PM, AdorkableWitch said:

So I started watching this show today. I am annoyed production set Nancy up to go to the store in Houston that caters to tall women. I'm the runt of my family at 6' and have been there with tons of cousins to get clothes.  

Nancy 

Reveal hidden contents

Transfered to Rice University and will be sitting out a year playing basketball.  She is back playing with her BFFs from high school.  

Why are u mad they went to a tall women's store? Im 5 9 and would love to go..Seems like an obvious choice if they wanted to film her shopping

• Love 1

wait, Lindsey had a baby? Or are you talking about Hayleigh? I read that Hayleigh and Brian had a baby girl back in February earlier this year. Moving to Tennessee away from her parents was a good step for them. 

Katja and her wife again talking to guys from the internet in their search for a sperm donor? WTF? Go to a sperm bank unless you two have a best friend who's going to do the donation.

Why did Lindsey move to Vegas? Job opportunity or just felt like it after she and her Scottish boyfriend broke up?

I like Coco and her boyfriend. But I can see his point if he doesn't want an open relationship. Too bad, they seemed really good together. 

• Love 2