Type keyword(s) to search

My Giant Life - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Holy cow, is Lindsay off-putting, both as a woman and a person.  My inner armchair psychiatrist tells me that she's probably an annoying holy terror when it comes to her romantic relationships, as well as those with her friends.  She constantly acts like she's onstage, like she's turned up to an 11 where a six would do just fine.  I mean, jumping out of a (too small) box for her boyfriend?  She's making a fool of herself and she doesn't even realize it. 

As for the young girl who just got married, her ginormous, busybody dad needs to step the hell off and let her and her husband make their own decisions about homes and careers.  He really creeps me out.

This show is so freaking stupid, TLC.  Hear that scraping noise?  You've just reached the bottom of the barrel.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 7

Boy, that was a mess!

Why is the married girl's dad back? I can't even with him. I want to punch him in the face.

That stuff with Lindsay looked too staged. She wants to make BF's birthday special and they go to a strip mall dump? She jumps out of a box and the end of the evening? Why not at home when he gets home from work? Don't get it. She's dead wrong if she thinks she's going to make it as a serious actress.

• Love 6

Haleigh is a moron. "Who do I side with? My husband or my dad?" What the fuck, lady? You are MARRIED. You always side with your husband, unless he is a murderer, in which case you divorce him. You leave your parents and cleave to your spouse. And your dad is a supreme asshole, anyway, so you should probably side against him even if it's Your Dad vs Random Stranger. The dad is clearly one of these guys who thinks he is a superior man because he is tall, even though that was a genetic accident and has nothing to do with him being a superior person. 

I guess I kind of "get" wanting to feel like your height makes you somehow special or "better," especially if you'd been teased about it in the past or something. But I am 5'11" and I don't think of myself as better than people, the way some of these gals (and most of the tall male relatives) on this show do.

The most compelling people on this show are the tall German and her wife and their (kind of hilarious) pursuit of sperm. As a woman who has conceived via IUI, though, I really hope they don't actually consider going the literal turkey-baster route, because it's always best to leave this sort of thing to medical professionals.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

I guess I kind of "get" wanting to feel like your height makes you somehow special or "better," especially if you'd been teased about it in the past or something. But I am 5'11" and I don't think of myself as better than people, the way some of these gals (and most of the tall male relatives) on this show do.

I'm also 5'11" (down from a solid six feet when I was younger) and I don't understand why these women think they're so special.  Of course 5'11" is a far cry from 6'9", but to use height as a way to feel superior over others?  I just don't get it.  Lindsay is beyond gross and has no hope of becoming an actress.  Frankly, the fact that she was busted for solicitation doesn't surprise me at all.  She comes across as inappropriately sexual and nasty.  Example: The way she deep-kissed that boyfriend of hers on camera when she arrived home at the beginning of the episode, then looked at him like he was a piece of meat that she wanted to wrestle to the floor and sink her fangs into.  Just . . . no.  Save it for the bedroom, dear.

As for Haleigh's dad, I've known men like him.  They're the type to view their daughters as property that they reluctantly transfer over to husbands when they feel the time is right (paging Jim Bob Duggar . . . ).  He clearly doesn't feel like her husband is good enough for her and isn't willing to sit his meddling ass down and allow them to make choices as grown adults.  I hope her husband eventually tells him where to put his demands and interrogations.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 5

I was happy to see this show come back, but then I saw giant Nick Nolte and I'm like ugh, him again. And the reason he's pissed, is because the dude is not tall. "There goes the genepool", he says. Can you imagine if the guy was a different race and he said that?

I get it, they were teased, they felt like freaks growing up and now they're arrogant with confidence. But Lindsay can be a bit much. I do adore the lesbian couple. 

Not looking forward to the return of Coco, and it looks like the sweet high school girl might be growing up to be a little beyotch. Hope not. I liked her.

• Love 5
(edited)

I had almost forgotten about this show.  So is everyone back from last season?  I see they added Katja.  I don't know if I can take another season of Haleigh's dad.  He'll be bitch-slapping her husband at every opportunity just like last season.  I see they're still making them sit in tiny chairs for their confessionals.  Really?  Why don't you just make them ride around on little tricycles, TLC?  Sheesh.  Man, Paul's whole reaction and body language couldn't scream "get away from me" any louder when Lindsay popped out of that box.  I think you can count the time left in that relationship in days.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 4

Hahaha!!! The look on dude's face when she *tried* to pop out of that box.

She said she spent $40 on that cake. Really you spend $40 on that tiny little cake ?

And for 'pete's sake stop effin giggling all the damn time.

• Love 3

Lindsay is the sloppiest drunk I have ever seen, which if you're that large and you're that sloppy, nobody wants to be around you because you are a hazard. I would seriously worry that she would fall on me in that state.

• Love 5

Lindsey is a slob and sloppy drunk. She needs to lay off the booze, get a real job, dump the bf because he is so not into her and just act as a hobby/part time job.

I like the lesbian couple. 

I wish the Haley's dad would just tell him to shut the f up.  They are just starting out.  So if dad wants them in a bigger home, he either shuts up or pays up and buys them a bigger place.  Don't they live in L.A.? Isn't it really expensive there?  

Hopefully Coco has toned it down a bit cause it looks like the high school gal is going to be drama queen this season.

• Love 2

Lindsey is acting so weird. She's all hyper and giggly like she's on drugs or something. She wasn't like that last season. And I'd definitely like to know more about the solicitation charge.

• Love 6

Ok, trying not to body shame, but what the hell is up with Lindsay's figure? She has no hips, saggy breasts and looks so un- toned. Is that partially the booze? She needs to totally lay off alcohol, she doesn't know when to say when.

• Love 3
(edited)

Maybe Haley's dad doesn't like her husband because he's 31 years old and wont work more than part-time because he's "following his dream." It's more likely that his dream is being lazy while his wife holds two jobs. I'm all about following dreams and shit, but he can work another job and still be in pursuit of this particular dream. Something about that scene really irked me and suddenly I saw giant Nick Nolte's (thanks @butterbody lol?) opinion of him a little clearer. 

That being said, I am so happy for Haley because the man loves her so much. You can tell he treats her like a queen. For that, her dad should be thankful and it is disappointing that the health of relationships so often come down to money.

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm having a hard time believing everything we have seen on this show. It looks like Hayleigh and Bryan's apartment is beachfront, so why not live away from the beach in a 1 bedroom rather than a 275 ft studio? It looks more like a cheap motel that they're living in. I also don't really think that the lesbian couple is seriously looking for a random donor in a bar and would resort to finding one in that manner. Reality tv can be pretty fake sometimes but it seems that they are just inventing storylines. However, I do believe Lindsay definitely has a drinking problem and her so-called boyfriend doesn't actually like being on the show. Maybe he's another actor just trying to get on television. 

Edited by CarolMK
spelling
  • Love 6

I agree that Lindsay's body is unusual. I mean, being that tall is already unusual, but she is quite broad up top and does have absolutely no hips. That might be contributing to her lack of acting roles...not to be too cruel, but between the height and the body, she looks a bit like a drag queen? And I put a question mark because I know how mean that sounds and I am trying to include an apologetic inflection?

Coco has vastly improved since last season. I liked the furniture guy with her, it was nice to see her NOT giving a guy shit for once. 

Haleigh and Bryan...geez. Bryan needs to get a goddamn job. You've got a wife now, moron, and you are in your 30s. You know her father hates you, so at least TRY to get a little of his respect. And his friends needed to get the clue and LEAVE. 

• Love 6

I thought they were bringing back Nancy this season.  Two episodes in and they haven't shown her.  It seems this show is mostly interested in Lindsay the train wreck and Haleigh with the control freak dad, because it makes for good (?) drama and ratings.  I'm actually not even bothered by Haleigh's dad much so far.  Last year when he was all "I'm gonna stop this wedding", he looked like a big jerk.  Now that Haleigh is married to, let's face it, kind of a loser, the dad can just sit back and say I told you so.

• Love 3

So, is Brian really sort of a loser-ish butthole, or are the previews being kind of tricky? I guess we'll see.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:26 AM, ClareWalks said:

Haleigh is a moron. "Who do I side with? My husband or my dad?" What the fuck, lady? You are MARRIED. You always side with your husband, unless he is a murderer, in which case you divorce him. You leave your parents and cleave to your spouse. And your dad is a supreme asshole, anyway, so you should probably side against him even if it's Your Dad vs Random Stranger. The dad is clearly one of these guys who thinks he is a superior man because he is tall, even though that was a genetic accident and has nothing to do with him being a superior person. 

The most compelling people on this show are the tall German and her wife and their (kind of hilarious) pursuit of sperm. As a woman who has conceived via IUI, though, I really hope they don't actually consider going the literal turkey-baster route, because it's always best to leave this sort of thing to medical professionals.

Exactly! I don't get why she's even confused about that. There shouldn't be any taking sides- you make decisions with your husband, and your dad does NOT have to approve. I agree with the rest of your post, too.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 3:39 PM, Dobian said:

I had almost forgotten about this show.  So is everyone back from last season?  I see they added Katja.  I don't know if I can take another season of Haleigh's dad.  He'll be bitch-slapping her husband at every opportunity just like last season.  I see they're still making them sit in tiny chairs for their confessionals.  Really?  Why don't you just make them ride around on little tricycles, TLC?  Sheesh.  Man, Paul's whole reaction and body language couldn't scream "get away from me" any louder when Lindsay popped out of that box.  I think you can count the time left in that relationship in days.

Hahaha, that bolded part cracked me up!  And yes, Paul was so not into Lindsay; he was avoiding being physical, and she was over-kissing him trying to prove something. I felt bad for her, though, because I do think that despite her oversexualized behavior , she's harboring  insecurities. (The alcohol could have exaggerated everything, but she did seem truly hurt when she was recounting her boyfriend saying he misses petite women ( and then practically ignoring her).

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 10:09 PM, greekmom said:

Lindsey is a slob and sloppy drunk. She needs to lay off the booze, get a real job, dump the bf because he is so not into her and just act as a hobby/part time job.

I like the lesbian couple. 

I wish the Haley's dad would just tell him to shut the f up.  They are just starting out.  So if dad wants them in a bigger home, he either shuts up or pays up and buys them a bigger place.  Don't they live in L.A.? Isn't it really expensive there?  

Hopefully Coco has toned it down a bit cause it looks like the high school gal is going to be drama queen this season.

Yes, yes, and yes. I agree with everything you wrote. I really like the new couple, and I still dislike Haley's dad-- or at least dislike the way he interferes and demands two adults run their "plan" by him for approval/scorn.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 10:54 PM, Nowhere said:

Lindsey is acting so weird. She's all hyper and giggly like she's on drugs or something. She wasn't like that last season. And I'd definitely like to know more about the solicitation charge.

Yes, that is exactly what I thought. She seems like she's high on something. Someone else in mentioned a possible drinking issue, and I thought that's probably true, too. There are so many red flags, and the "we haven't drank in a month" just seemed like one of those things when someone with a drinking problem quits for a while to prove that they don't have a problem, when yes, they actually do.  (**I wrote that before I saw the part where Lindsay mentions a previous drinking issue. I'm still watching the episode.)

• Love 2

Sorry but katja is mean to her wife. One episode she tells her she has a big nose, and in the next she says she's mentally ill about being fat, and that she's selfish and would treat her child like she treats a dog, or that she would be neglectful of her own child. Seems like Katja thinks she has this all figured out and yes she does resent her wife for having outside hobbies. Katja is very judgemental about her wife's tough upbringing and I can't stand it. Katja says she had a better upbringing, she's unselfish, she has no weight hang ups, is there anything this super female doesn't know or can't do? She strikes me as very pretentious.  Nobody knows what to expect before their first child, not even Katja.

I actually felt sorry for Lindsey. I think she's hurting on the inside and overdoes it with the craziness as a front.

• Love 4

Lindsay was not very likable last season but this season...wow!  She is obnoxious AND unlikable.  She is just tooooo much--too loud, too giggly, too sexual, too much drinking and too annoying.  And I really think she had a boob job over the break.  Katja and her wife also annoy the heck out of me with their constant use of the word "like."  Like, can't they just, like, speak like, normally and not like, use like all the freakin' time? Geesh, they're not tween girls.  Coco is the only one who actually seemed to improve since last season.  

• Love 3

I couldn't stand Coco last season and it seems like she still thinks she's the shit for some reason but not quite as bad. But she still acts really stuck up like she's too good for any man. Even the one's she didn't like last season were still relatively nice and didn't deserve to be talked about the way she did. Except for that one guy that I think they staged.

• Love 2

Why in the world can't Harrison talk to Lexie more than in one good morning text? He can't possibly be that into her. And they've never spent more than 3 weeks together? The hairstylist asked if she had talked to him that week and Lexie said no! Like, what?? There's no way he cares that much for her if he doesn't make time to even talk to her. 

• Love 3

I like Lexie but that relationship is WEIRD. How long have they known each other? They've never spent more than 3 weeks together? Yikes. 

Lindsay is still a disaster. And her boyfriend plays the drums in an apartment? Shithead. Anyway, I figured her boobs were fake because they're so huge (especially since she has no hips), but they are not "good fakes." At all. 

Nancy is the plain white toast of people. Her height is truly the only interesting thing about her. She stands out on a TV show like this because she is sooo boring. Normally reality TV has bigger personalities (like Lexie or Lindsay).

Perhaps Katja and her wife should get some additional testing to see which of them might best carry a pregnancy. Certain things, such as thickness of uterine lining and ovulation potential, can be determined with a simple ultrasound. One of the ladies might be ruled out, making the decision easier. 

• Love 2

Maybe because when they finally do speak after so long, the first words out of her mouth are, "why did you do that to your hair???"

That aside, I really liked her. She was very pretty and seemed kind. I live in AZ, and always enjoy seeing my favorite spots in the background.

Glad to hear that Nancy did not turn into a beyotch, as alluded to in previews. Sad to hear that she's lonely and leans on her mom so much. 

Poor Lindsay. Her segments make me sad. And Katya's dumb wife. Was this the first time someone told her that pregnancy would change her body?

• Love 2

Katya's wife is totally neurotic.  I think she's going to come unwound once a baby is in the picture.

I can't figure out how Lindsay is going to bankroll her facial surgery when she can "barely make ends meet" as an "actress."  And yes, the boyfriend is totally disinterested.  He really put his thinking cap on when she asked if he'd help her afterwards. then said not if she complained and bitched all the time. He's a peach.  She has the most peculiar body type I've ever seen. Her torso is like a refrigerator .  But she does have really nice legs.  She needs to hide the side-boob somewhat (although she said that was what she was aiming for with her boob job- and now wants more?!)  Her shirts barely cover her breasts.

• Love 4

I don't think facial surgery is going to help Lindsay's career honestly. Being on this show may already have given it a boost. Sounds like she never wants to have a "real job". I'm wondering about Bryan now. Why didn't he decide to get a full time job before he and Hayleigh got married? It does seems a little strange that they married when he was 31 and she was 22. They met 2 years before that in church, but that's still a significant age difference. As much of an ass as her father appears to be, I can see why he wanted them to wait at least another year.

Kayta and Julie at the fertility dr yet neither wants to  be pregnant. That was weird.

• Love 5

I am not too sure Lindsey can get a job. At least, none come to mind right now. Most facilities are constructed with average people in mind. Then, too, the awkwardness she must have experienced all through her life probably is the cause of her odd behavior. 

And what's up with TLC? I'm thinking a family of extremely tall people would not have little people furniture sitting around. They would at least try to make themselves comfortable. So how come all the furniture looks like doll house/Barbie furniture?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

I am not too sure Lindsey can get a job. At least, none come to mind right now. Most facilities are constructed with average people in mind. Then, too, the awkwardness she must have experienced all through her life probably is the cause of her odd behavior. 

And what's up with TLC? I'm thinking a family of extremely tall people would not have little people furniture sitting around. They would at least try to make themselves comfortable. So how come all the furniture looks like doll house/Barbie furniture?

Are you talking about in the interviews?

2 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Are you talking about in the interviews?

I'm not sure what you mean but I am talking about Lindsey's and the other participants' lives in general. Their houses, their potential for suitable employments and their awkward interactions with other people.

33 minutes ago, CarolMK said:

I don't think facial surgery is going to help Lindsay's career honestly. Being on this show may already have given it a boost. Sounds like she never wants to have a "real job". I'm wondering about Bryan now. Why didn't he decide to get a full time job before he and Hayleigh got married? It does seems a little strange that they married when he was 31 and she was 22. They met 2 years before that in church, but that's still a significant age difference. As much of an ass as her father appears to be, I can see why he wanted them to wait at least another year.

Kayta and Julie at the fertility dr yet neither wants to  be pregnant. That was weird.

I didn't realize there was such an age difference between Haliegh and Little Man. And he doesn't work at all now but sits around with his friends while she works 3 jobs. I used to really dislike her dad because it seemed like Little Man really loved Haleigh, but now I can see where he's coming from and Im almost looking forward to more snarky comments from giant Nick Nolte. I know my dad was protective of me even into my thirties before he passed away. Nobody wants to see their daughter stuck with such a loser.

And if they're so short on cash, why did they get a place on the beach? I can't imagine Huntington Beach being an affordable place to live at all. My guess is Little Man had to have a cool locale for Pressy and the gang. On Haleigh's dime mind you.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

I'm not sure what you mean but I am talking about Lindsey's and the other participants' lives in general. Their houses, their potential for suitable employments and their awkward interactions with other people.

It is ridiculous to get a studio apartment, that's for sure. I can see the show pushing that just to make her look bigger. Yes, we get it. She's tall as hell. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I think what ethalfreda meant what the interviews, which are taped seemingly from the floorboards, while the Extremely Tall Person sits on what appears to be a footstool designed for toddlers.

And also the family of tall people... one would think they would have furniture that accommodated their height better. But in shots in last night's episode the furniture in their house looked too small. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I didn't realize there was such an age difference between Haliegh and Little Man. And he doesn't work at all now but sits around with his friends while she works 3 jobs. I used to really dislike her dad because it seemed like Little Man really loved Haleigh, but now I can see where he's coming from and Im almost looking forward to more snarky comments from giant Nick Nolte. I know my dad was protective of me even into my thirties before he passed away. Nobody wants to see their daughter stuck with such a loser.

And if they're so short on cash, why did they get a place on the beach? I can't imagine Huntington Beach being an affordable place to live at all. My guess is Little Man had to have a cool locale for Pressy and the gang. On Haleigh's dime mind you.

I was so mad when I found myself agreeing with Giant Nick Nolte. If my in-laws thought so little of me, I'd do everything I could to prove them wrong.

• Love 3

I saw Lindsay on a tv show once, recently.  It was a medical drama, either Chicago Med or Code Black (they tend to run together in my mind).  Anyway, she played a patient with some sort of issue that involved her tallness.  It wasn't a big part, but  recognized her right away.  And she really wasn't all that great in it either, imo.

• Love 1

She does! Is she in college? Its odd to me that she is pining away for her fiancee, yet she is only a Golf Cart Girl at a local golf course...not exactly career building ....seems like a no brainer to move nearr to her "soul mate " :/

Lexie, Lindsay and Katja were on Wendy Williams last week.  She is a big fan of the show.  Lexie got married already so I guess he showed up for the wedding.  I hedging my bets on this marriage.  As well as Haliegh and Little Man.  I never liked him.  I think he is a jerk.  But then so is her father.  And I have always maintained that she looks depressed to me.

• Love 3

Coco is so much better this year. I like her and Will together.

Bryan is still annoying. But...and I am trying to be as sensitive as possible...Haleigh might be tall, but she is kind of chunky for a volleyball player, right? I mean, when she said she had been working her entire life to be a professional volleyball player, I got quite confused by why she is overweight. Seems like she would never have had the chance to gain weight like that. Also, IS she a professional volleyball player right now? She said last season she had an offer to play in Europe, but that never happened, and based on what she's said it isn't going to happen. I think they were both morons to get married without any sort of stability on either side. It's not like you marry someone and then pursue your goals just like when you were single. Unless you legitimately don't care if your spouse is on the same continent as you.

Lindsay is a drama queen. WTF with her boyfriend eating that meal while driving? If you need a FORK, it's not a good meal to eat while driving.

I actually think Katja makes some valid points about Julie potentially being pregnant. I know some women who have had major body image issues similar to what Julie has, and they did not handle pregnancy and post-partum very well at all. One of them still has maybe 5 lb to lose and it's all she can think about. Julie should also be concerned about passing on her issues to a child. If they have a daughter, and all the daughter hears from her mother is "my body is terrible!," she'll have issues. And the dogwalking thing could be an indicator of how Katja will have to get up at night with the baby. Maybe. It's worth mentioning, anyway. I think they'll be good parents but they do have tough conversations ahead just like any couple considering procreation.

• Love 5

OK. A baby isn't just this ephemoral thing, that pops out of the sky and someone else takes care of it.  There are sacrifices involved, for everyone.  It seems that neither Katja nor Julie wants to carry this baby.  (Or deal with the dogs for that matter.)  Their non-chalance is a bit off-putting, no?  "Yeah, I can carry it, I don't care, she can, but she has body issues.."  Yes, that is a WONDERFUL home to bring a baby into. Neither one is willing to sacrifice, neither one is saying, yes, i want this more than anything, it just seems the thing to do.  A baby is a huge commitment, a huge sacrifice.  There will be issues for this child regardless.  Neither one seems ready.

There, I've ranted enough. Sorry bout that.

• Love 9