Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: eps1.4_3xpl0its.wmv

• Start Topic

Frankly, I'm enjoying this more than True Detective. I get bits and pieces of what's going on in MR, but I don't care because I like the atmosphere, the acting, the music and the cinematography.

• Love 3

Frankly, I'm enjoying this more than True Detective. I get bits and pieces of what's going on in MR, but I don't care because I like the atmosphere, the acting, the music and the cinematography.

I'm equally disappointed and enthralled with both shows right now, heh. Mr. Robot only had a pilot that built up my expectations; True Detective had an entire previous season that held me riveted. So I guess maybe I'm also able to enjoy MR more.

I am disappointed as well. From the start I said the most interesting part was Elliot using his hacking skills to help people out. So far in the episodes since the pilot Eliot feels like an after thought. He hasn't made much happen in weeks... but somehow this loner with social issues now is the heart of some team group effort that involves socialization and sneaking into a facility. That isn't hacking, as mentioned in the recap, that is Ocean's 11. What happened to my loner who was largely in his head?

Angela I honestly have no clue why the show is still following her. I just do not care. Plus, she has had scant interaction with Eliot which is her only tether to the show.

Crazy sweed Tyrell... wow, lame plot so lame. I can't fathom what he likes about Eliot or tolerates. I am not sure why Eliot and he are still even involved. The show seems to be straining to put them together. When first introduced I had hoped he was just a hacker at heart that had dressed up to move up and he and Eliot would take Evil corp down together... boy that is not where this is going and where it seems to be going I just do not care.

I was annoyed with Eliot's final speech this week, saying the world can't be changed quickly. Um didn't he disprove that in the first episode? Sure maybe the world can't be changed quickly in real life but this show held the promise of seeing it with the stroke of a keyboard. More of that please.

• Love 1
(edited)
I did get most of what people have explained here (thank you guys), but I still don't really care.  The way it's progressing is basically boring.

The show moved too quickly on the "Crash EvilCorp, Save the World" plot. If Fsociety is successful, then what? We see that things still suck (which they will, BTW, but in different ways)? Anarchy? Zombies? The show can't go there.

So instead, it keeps getting close, then backing off. And that can be frustrating for some viewers.

The question is, what is the show actually about? Because it isn't about overthrowing EvilCorp. And Elliott isn't using his scales to correct individual social injustices.

I thought Elliot taking apart poor Bill was way out of character, but then realized that Elliot used memories of his mom to channel her and attack Bill. Still, he should feel crappy about it afterward.

Anyway, any company worth its salt would isolate Elliott the Billionaire immediately and connect him with someone up the food chain (or, if it was just Elliott with no billionaire bio, kick him out).

Edited by Ottis

Elliot fumbled around with a card reader on the inside of the room. (flaw #1) > if there's a CR on the inside, there should be one on the outside to gain entrance.

I thought that was a thermostat--not a card reader?  They were going to use the Raspberry Pi to control the thermostat.

Unfortunately, Steel Mountain has backups of everything in China, and the Dark Army backed out of destroying the Chinese copy, so destroying everything in the New York Steel Mountain facility will be pointless now.

That text they sent to the Steel Mountain supervisor was too weird.  "I'm in the hospital.  It's what we always feared."  Who says that??

• Love 1