Type keyword(s) to search

Earworms: Music in Commercials

• Start Topic

The car commercial with the crappy, down-tempo indie version of "You're So Vain" (which wasn't exactly a peppy song in the original version) is getting on my nerves. Been seeing it at every commercial break on the local stations this week.

• Love 1

The Volvo commercial with "Feeling Good" is stuck in my head, I love it to the extent that I searched out the video and found out it was a Swedish GUY singing it. A really pretty video, I just thought it had been a woman singing.

Duh, I just connected the dots, Volvo-Swedish singer

That's not Avicii singing it though.  He just mixed it.  Like how "Uptown Funk" is a Mark Ronson song. 

Thanks, is Audra Mae singing in both videos? They sound slightly different to me. Really pretty.

Edited by SoSueMe

Marshall's, TJ Maxx or whoever- "I wear my hair like this, because I can, I wear my clothes like this,

because I can"

Please stop it.  It's a horrible song and playing it every single commercial break does not make it better.

• Love 1

I hear this in my head everytime I use my microwave now.

My son did a strings performance during which the high school, middle school and feeder elementary schools did The Final Countdown as their finale. My comment when I posted to social media was "The OMHS cluster is here to help you wait for your burrito to finish cooking."

• Love 3

Is is weird of me that whenever I see this topic all I can hear in my head for hours is: "Red wigglers, the Cadillac of worms.  We're the Cadillac of worms.  We're the Cadillac of worms." 

I know it's not from a commercial itself, but from a faux commercial in a tv show, but it's what comes instantly to mind for me.

Ah, the better commercial was for Ferryman's Funeral Home:

"Hey, you're young and swingin'

There's no time to think about tomorrow

But there ain't no way to deny it

One day, you're gonna buy it

Time to plan for a Ferryman tomorroooooow...

Here you go.

• Love 3

Oh, dear.  With the flashbacks to the awful Hyundai commercials the mere mention of Pomplamoose induced, there is no way I'm clicking on that link.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 1

There is this dramatic gasping thing that a couple of singers do that just makes me cranky. I guess I'm just mean. But it makes it sound like it is such an effort for them to crank out these songs.

And

• Love 1

I kind of like the Owen from GE commercials, even though I know a lot of people think he's obnoxious. But every time I see the singing telegram one, I find myself wandering around my apartment humming, "I'm a wise elf from a far-off shire, Sanjay Patel is who you should hire..."

Who ever does the voice for box, he is just smooth! Sorry Dizzcounts!

Being a huge fan of The Kills, I was pleasantly surprised to hear their song, The Last Goodbye, in a Michael Phelps commercial:

• Love 1

Some cable/internet service is using "We Built This City" in their commercial. Not only does it get stuck in my head after, I don't actually know what they're saying since all I hear is "We built this (whatever) on Ted's asshole" and I really really don't think that's right.

• Love 2

Who ever does the voice for box, he is just smooth! Sorry Dizzcounts!

Being a huge fan of The Kills, I was pleasantly surprised to hear their song, The Last Goodbye, in a Michael Phelps commercial:

Damn, he looks good scruffy!

• Love 1

"We built this thingy (the dish) on tech that's old."  (But Comcast has a newer thingy that has current tech.)

Thank you! I'll still have it stuck in my head, but at least I'll know what it's saying.

Holy crap, I just can't anymore with this one---the chick singing some godawful twee hipster version of "If I Only Had a Brain" on those new University of Phoenix ads...sweet Jesus, the stupid music coupled with her stupid voice just makes my toes curl...I literally want to find that woman and throat punch her every time I'm forced to hear that lousy commercial. Her baby-talking silly schoolgirlish chatter mixed with her hyper-affected lilting voice, ugh, who thought that was remotely charming??!!

• Love 7