Type keyword(s) to search

Earworms: Music in Commercials

• Start Topic

Yeah, I noticed that song popping up a lot lately.  I don't mind, though, because after all these years it still instantly cheers me up.  Thanks to the One Day at a Time reboot, it also makes me think of the amusing montage of Dr. B. and Schneider hanging out in the Alvarez apartment, so it makes me smile all around.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I just heard Hall & Oates 'You Make My Dreams Come True' used on 3 different ads: T.J. Maxx, Doritos and Applebees. 

Good grief, ad agencies. It's been 42 years-find a new song.

like the rap or hip-hop songs would go so well with these commercials?

Not the music in the commercial but every time I see that stupid perfume commercial where the woman ends up in a field of flowers that she supposedly put there and the last line is "what would you do for love?" my brain starts singing the Meatloaf song at "I would do anything for love, but I won't do that".

Probably just me but then it just sort of stays in my head for an hour or two.

• LOL 6

Why are Peloton's ads always so annoying? This latest one, with angry-looking trainers shouting at people while some rap (?) song about 'YA GOTTA LOVE IT' blares- ugh. Who would be motivated by this stuff to spend thousands of dollars?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Why are Peloton's ads always so annoying? This latest one, with angry-looking trainers shouting at people while some rap (?) song about 'YA GOTTA LOVE IT' blares- ugh. Who would be motivated by this stuff to spend thousands of dollars?

I don't need to pay for Peloton, my family will yell at me for free.

• LOL 9
On 12/17/2023 at 5:19 PM, EighteenTwelve said:

Is anyone else getting the Jim Beam Sweet Caroline ad in every single break

No, but I am getting the Applebee's commercial that uses "Try a Little Kindness" at least once per show.  And I certainly don't mind having Glen Campbell's voice in my head, but it gets stuck there every time and has become too much.

On 12/17/2023 at 8:19 PM, EighteenTwelve said:

Is anyone else getting the Jim Beam Sweet Caroline ad in every single break, or am I just lucky because I live in Boston and the Red Sox adopted that song when they were good?

Yes, it used to be fun, but they play it so often I'm now irritated by it.

• Like 1
On 12/20/2023 at 12:41 AM, Prevailing Wind said:

I don't understand why they all sing, "so good, so good, so good."  It's not in the original lyrics - who started this? And why does Neil Diamond let them get away with it?

i don't know who started it but Neil does it too in his later concerts.  love it!

• Thanks 1