Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E15: Wishlist

MegaJ

Frankie (Sara Waisglass) warms up to the idea of having a relationship with her financially inclined father while she plans to celebrate her birthday with a Gatsby inspired party. Maya (Olivia Scriven) looks for a gal pal to take with her to the spa for a much needed day of relaxation. Jack (Niamh Wilson) fails to stand up for Imogen (Cristine Prosperi) as things get violent with Damon (Liam Green), causing the principal to get involved.

Aw, Hunter alone at the party. It's fine, it's how he wanted it.

I'm really glad they chose Sara Waisglass to play Frankie; the actress is good and she knows how to make Frankie relatable to the audience. I mean, Frankie's a rich girl but her wealth isn't a big part of the character. And even with the wealth of the Hollingsworths, you can see that it's a one big FUF.

I'm sad the parents are splitting, but some consequence had to happen after he hit Miles. And Frankie is still understandably upset with him over that and the Degrassi Nudes thing. I'm guessing the election is over, which is a sad I think it would've been cool to have a parent as part of the Toronto government. Anyway. This was a nice little breather plot and exploration of the aftermath of Firestarter.

I really hope Imogen comes around. Her parents are okay with her being bi/pansexual, she's faced no discrimination other than some creepy comments. I like that Imogen has become this character who's steadfast in her convictions and all social justice warrior-like, I guess ditching Fiona was the best for her character, ha. Oh, also liked her casually hanging with Clare and Eli.

Zig/Maya: It's happeniiiiiiiiiing. I admire the writers waited until now to kick it into high gear since all of us know this would be a thing since like, season 11. This was a cute plot, and even though it turned into Zig/Maya halfway, I'm glad Maya apologized to Grace. They're a fun duo.

And I'm also sure that Damon's bandana thing was a red herring, and it was probably Vince's boys who robbed Maya's house. But that's obvious and those writers tricked me last year with the Degrassi Nudes blackmailer so I'll sit here and wait.

I think Mr. Hollingsworth is an elected official, as he was referred to as Mayor Hollingsworth at one point in the episode.

Sara Waisglass is bringing it, and this is coming from somebody who usually rolls his eyes at an overload of a particular character.

I forgot about Hunter. I still think he has promise as a character.

Go, Imogen! Kick him where it hurts. A little disappointed that this is where the Jack betrayal scene comes from. I hope the writers have something more interested planned in the future.

The Hollingsworths are a little too messy. First of all, I'm never going to get over him being the dad from Life With Derek. Second of all, things are so messed up that I'm not sure credit card hijinks are ever going to feel like a tonal fit.

I stopped caring about Maya and Zig a while ago. Pretty much since they put Zoe and Zig on the table. But he was cute with her this episode. If only Olivia could step up her game.

I'm glad Imogen can still go to EClare. At least the writers remember some relationships on the show.

I did not expect Frankie to run off to a private plane. That was some junior Gossip Girl stuff.

I'm not sure I buy Jack not being out to her parents. This feels like something they just made up. But I'm OK with it if they have somewhere to go with it.

So I know the necklace is fake. I mean, the prop is fake. But is it supposed to be costume jewelry? Otherwise it's way too expensive for her to be wearing around. As awful as he's been, I'm glad she's giving him a second chance. It makes her different from the other characters who get self righteous when they climb up on their moral high ground. Frankie generally does the right thing but she is also naive/goodhearted enough to want to believe the best about people and to be understanding and forgiving. 

I think Mr. Hollingsworth is an elected official, as he was referred to as Mayor Hollingsworth at one point in the episode.

He answered the phone as Mayor Hollingsworth when Franks and the girls called him and he gave her his credit card number.

Nice to see Lola getting a little more plot; her lines aren't as cute as they were last season, however.

Hasn't the whole in-the-closet-and-afraid-to-come-out thing been done before, going all the way back to Marco and repeated by Riley/Zane?

How did Grace avoid prosecution (or at least detention) in the Oomphchat scandal.  Wasn't she the brains behind the operation, collecting a piece of all the money they made?

I guess Sammy the pilot ratted Frankie out - so much for in utero loyalty.  Canadian Previouslies, help me out - is Montreal known for bagels? And if so, how?

He answered the phone as Mayor Hollingsworth when Franks and the girls called him and he gave her his credit card number.

Nice to see Lola getting a little more plot; her lines aren't as cute as they were last season, however.

Hasn't the whole in-the-closet-and-afraid-to-come-out thing been done before, going all the way back to Marco and repeated by Riley/Zane?

How did Grace avoid prosecution (or at least detention) in the Oomphchat scandal.  Wasn't she the brains behind the operation, collecting a piece of all the money they made?

I guess Sammy the pilot ratted Frankie out - so much for in utero loyalty.  Canadian Previouslies, help me out - is Montreal known for bagels? And if so, how?

Oh Totally.  It's sooo goooooood. We have Montreal style bagels here in Toronto. yum in my tum. 

(edited)

I don't think the writers realized how consistent they are about Maya and people leaving her. Craig's little sister did and well we all know about Cam. The only one whose been there for her is Zig. Way to go writers if that was your intention.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 1