Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: A Novel Approach

I'm amazed that there are teachers at that school considering how many students and teachers have died in the last 5 years.

Lol, you could say the same thing about the MASSIVE number of people that have been killed working at the Hospital and the Sheriff's department in the last couple of years.  I'm pretty sure living in Beacon Hills and lung cancer have about the same five year survival rate.

(edited)

Lol, you could say the same thing about the MASSIVE number of people that have been killed working at the Hospital and the Sheriff's department in the last couple of years.  I'm pretty sure living in Beacon Hills and lung cancer have about the same five year survival rate.

And for both the cops and the hospital staff the situation would be sort of the same. You'll be constantly overworked and underpaid and you'll have a 90% chance of death and while working you'll probably be completely unable to handle 80% of the shit you're asked to deal with because you'll have no idea what's going on because the sheriff and hospital administrator think teenagers are more qualified than you are to handle life and death situations even though they have school to deal with between 9 and 4 so their response time to your life and death situation may be upwards to a few days.

I hope you have life insurance and a funeral plan in place because you're going to need it if you work in either Beacon Hill's highschool, hospital or sheriff department.

I'm guessing about 5 Eichen House staff members died in this episode alone.

I did wonder why Scott was so concerned about Kira. She was the key to the Dread Doctor's plans and if they killed her they'd be effectively locking themselves inside Eichen House. Then again I'm not sure how much Scott knows about the defenses of Eichen House even though that's where he shoved Peter... so theoretically he should know some of it.

Edited by wayne67

I hope you have life insurance and a funeral plan in place because you're going to need it if you work in either Beacon Hill's highschool, hospital or sheriff department.

Fortunately, there seems to be a semi-sentient tree stump attracting new personnel into the area -- ones psychotic enough to think that the statistics don't bother them. 

Threatening someone with a brutal grisly death doesn't hold much weight if you've never killed someone before. I find it ridiculous that Deucalion would be scared of Scott's empty threat. Deucalion is probably off recruiting a whole new set of werewolves and causing chaos in another town because Scott apparently doesn't care about anyone's lives outside his social circle.

Even if Scott's threat wasn't empty, there's not all that much he and Derek could have done to stop DEMON WOLF once the eclipse was over. He was supposedly a lot more powerful than Kali or Ennis, and probably could have killed both of them without breaking a sweat. The best they could do is a face-saving agreement to let him go and hope he wouldn't continue recruiting other alphas willing to murder their packs.

And in-universe, only two years have passed! 

Even if Scott's threat wasn't empty, there's not all that much he and Derek could have done to stop DEMON WOLF once the eclipse was over. He was supposedly a lot more powerful than Kali or Ennis, and probably could have killed both of them without breaking a sweat. The best they could do is a face-saving agreement to let him go and hope he wouldn't continue recruiting other alphas willing to murder their packs.

I remember this time when these werewolves were afraid of people with no superpowers shooting them with bullets and wolfsbane. Imagine if the True Alpha or Derek remembered their bromance with Chris Argent to get supplies to shoot that DEMON WOLF in the face with some magic wolfsbane bullets.

One bullet fired into Derek was enough to make him want Stiles to saw off his arm.

Or they could remember that thing about Mountain Ash and have Stiles encircle Mr Demon Wolf in a Mountain Ash circle like Jennifer did 10 minutes previously to that face saving agreement. They'd been fighting that big scary demon wolf for the entire half season prior to that so they wouldn't be part of his pack...

Or am I supposed to think that Derek and Scott would risk their lives and everyone else's not to join the Alpha Pack but wouldn't put some thought or effort into taking care of Demon Wolf when half his pack had deserted him?

Most of the resolutions to the Big Bads are fairly lame after season 1 YMMV

Or am I supposed to think that Derek and Scott would risk their lives and everyone else's not to join the Alpha Pack but wouldn't put some thought or effort into taking care of Demon Wolf when half his pack had deserted him?

Well, Derek showed up to that fight as an ally of Jennifer Blake's and presumably expected her to kill Deucalion at the outset. As for Scott, I think bringing that flashbang was the upper limit of his planning abilities.

• Love 1