Type keyword(s) to search

Chicago PD in the Media

Chas411
  • Start Topic

On ‎12‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 4:21 AM, Chas411 said:

As for Bush I think she'd be contracted until the end of season six anyway. That's usually how most series works. Actors get contracted for six seasons and then they renegotiate.

From what I've heard there's the possibility of renegotiation before that. I would think it depends on the initial contract and if there's a clause in there which allows to negotiate some terms before the contract is up but if I were an actor, I'd definitely have that in my contract. Also, there's usually a clause in there which allows both actor and network to terminate the contract before it's up.

Ok people who know such things: is Sophia leaving? 

I'm inclined to think no, since she and Lindsay are popular with fans and they left her relationship with Jay unresolved, but the plan could be to have her wrap things up via guest appearances next season. Any word?

10 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

I also assume NBC would advertise her last episode as such but anything is possible. 

Exactly.  I know some fans hate her character, but I think it's safe to say that she is considered one of the stars of the show and her character is a main one.  I doubt she's leaving.

11 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

I also assume NBC would advertise her last episode as such but anything is possible. 

No, not really, as that would spoil the cliffhanger.

14 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

http://www.empire-conventions.fr/dont_mess_with_chicago_en.html

Shes actually down to appear in the above ( I think we were talking about this unthread) so I'd say it's a given she'll be back. Hopefully we'll get some nice cast pictures.

I was wondering why loads of the Chicago Fire cast were travelling Europe. I didn't put both together.

I'm probably sounding like a know-it-all but I just spend way too much time on message boards. Anyway, there are several actors who leave shows and still do conventions.

Apart from renovating her apartment, none of what we know is any indication that Bush is staying. But I do think that this is a quite compelling argument.

1 minute ago, CheshireCat said:

I'm probably sounding like a know-it-all but I just spend way too much time on message boards. Anyway, there are several actors who leave shows and still do conventions.

Maybe but I think that we'd know at this point if she was leaving. They tend not to drag this stuff out unless it's a life or death cliffhanger. She wasn't even listed as one of the characters leaving town in the tvline scorecard. 

I think they'd have given her a better and more satisfactory ending of she was actually leaving as she's such a popular character. Instead she's being forced out. 

I do agree parts of it seem off but I don't think she'd be at that convention if she was going.

I don't think she's leaving.  I wonder if PD will be making a time jump when it returns.  Not a major one, but more than the few weeks it usually does.  If they let enough time pass in show, then Erin's undercover op could end or bring her back to Chicago without contriving a reason for her to get her job back so soon after Voight was told they wanted her gone. 

If she's truly gone, we'll know long before the season premiere.  Someone will do an exit interview at some point (Sophia or the producers). 

15 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Maybe but I think that we'd know at this point if she was leaving. They tend not to drag this stuff out unless it's a life or death cliffhanger. She wasn't even listed as one of the characters leaving town in the tvline scorecard. 

She's not? Haven't checked yet. I guess since it's not sure, they didn't include her.

15 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

I think they'd have given her a better and more satisfactory ending of she was actually leaving as she's such a popular character.

From what I've seen how they've written out popular characters I wouldn't bet on that ;-)

That said, I agree with you all, I tend to think that she's staying. I just have watched way too much TV to know that none of the arguments are true indications that she is staying. In the end, it's all about the bottom line and if that means screwing over a favorite character or popular couple, they'll do it. And they wouldn't even blink. Plenty of shows don't even have the decency of giving the show, that they know is more likely to be cancelled than be renewed, a decent non-cliffhanger ending.

4 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I don't think she's leaving.  I wonder if PD will be making a time jump when it returns.  Not a major one, but more than the few weeks it usually does.  If they let enough time pass in show, then Erin's undercover op could end or bring her back to Chicago without contriving a reason for her to get her job back so soon after Voight was told they wanted her gone. 

If she's truly gone, we'll know long before the season premiere.  Someone will do an exit interview at some point (Sophia or the producers). 

Or the first episode could cover a lot of time.  They could somehow make it obvious that months are passing without her there?  Just a thought.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

She's not? Haven't checked yet. I guess since it's not sure, they didn't include her.

From what I've seen how they've written out popular characters I wouldn't bet on that ;-)

That said, I agree with you all, I tend to think that she's staying. I just have watched way too much TV to know that none of the arguments are true indications that she is staying. In the end, it's all about the bottom line and if that means screwing over a favorite character or popular couple, they'll do it. And they wouldn't even blink. Plenty of shows don't even have the decency of giving the show, that they know is more likely to be cancelled than be renewed, a decent non-cliffhanger ending.

I think you can swing the argument either way. There's just as much indications she's staying as there are she's going. I suppose it's just whatever way you want to speculate.

Maybe we'll get more information at the convention as she's not spoken out on it yet.

Agreed about the time jump. I think it'd be a good idea. They could replace her with Upton or Antonio depending on how Justice fares. She could also come back as a beat cop. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Chas411 said:

Agreed about the time jump. I think it'd be a good idea. They could replace her with Upton or Antonio depending on how Justice fares. She could also come back as a beat cop. 

I don't mind Upton, but I'd love to see Antonio back!  I read a brief interview with him (or maybe it was a post of his on Twitter) that implied that moving to Justice was not his idea.  That's just my speculation or interpretation of what he said; he didn't come out and say that exactly.  But that's crappy if they "forced" him to a new show that then gets cancelled.  He should definitely come back to PD if he wants to.

Edited by FnkyChkn34
typo

I'd hope that would be the plan considering he was the main anchor to the spinoff in the first place. As stated above though Networks suit themselves and their seems to be a lot odbshakeups happening behind the scenes. 

2 hours ago, Chas411 said:

I think you can swing the argument either way. There's just as much indications she's staying as there are she's going.

I do you one better and say there are more indications that she's staying than leaving. I haven't seen anything that would clearly suggest that she might leave. FnkyChkn34 however, said she had been renovating her Chicago apartment. I consider that an indication that she's staying. :-)

11 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

do you one better and say there are more indications that she's staying than leaving. I haven't seen anything that would clearly suggest that she might leave. FnkyChkn34 however, said she had been renovating her Chicago apartment. I consider that an indication that she's staying. :-)

I think she's staying here. I think the rumours that she's leaving came from a single Twitter comment that got mentioned in here and then a whole conversation spun out of control :)

i hope she's staying anyway. Erin drives me nuts at times but I do love what she brings to the show.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

I think she's staying here. I think the rumours that she's leaving came from a single Twitter comment that got mentioned in here and then a whole conversation spun out of control :)

i hope she's staying anyway. Erin drives me nuts at times but I do love what she brings to the show.

I think I'm the one who mentioned the twitter comment first, and I'm sorry.  I guess I wanted to know if anyone else had heard it or if there was truth to it.  I think we can all (thankfully) say that it's not a true rumor since it hasn't been spread anywhere else and was only that one tweet.  Let's move on? :-)

17 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

I hope we get some fun cast pictures at the weekend.

From their social media, it looks like most cast members are already there (or in London), except Jesse who was in California last night.  Does anyone know if he backed out?  

48 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I think I'm the one who mentioned the twitter comment first, and I'm sorry.  I guess I wanted to know if anyone else had heard it or if there was truth to it.  I think we can all (thankfully) say that it's not a true rumor since it hasn't been spread anywhere else and was only that one tweet.  Let's move on? :-)

Don't be sorry. I certainly understand the need to chat with others about it and personally, I don't think any harm was done :-)

20 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

Don't be sorry. I certainly understand the need to chat with others about it and personally, I don't think any harm was done :-)

9 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Yeah I should have made it clear that im not annoyed - I love behind the scenes gossip :) 

Thanks!  I never thought I would, but apparently I love behind the scenes gossip too. :-)  

• Love 1
(edited)

Greys and OTH are/were the best for it.

Any pictures of the cast in London/Paris/France please send this way. I was stalking for some but couldn't find any.

Edited by Chas411
17 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Greys and OTH are/were the best for it.

Any pictures of the cast in London/Paris/France please send this way. I was stalking for some but couldn't find any.

Sophia is posting a bunch on Instagram with her friend.  Jesse just tweeted something yesterday afternoon that he was leaving, so he should be there today.  The guy who plays Otis on Fire is also posting with a friend, but they are in London.

A few takeaways that I got from people who tweeted about the conference in Paris:

- Jon Seda said that he was told if Justice doesn't work out, he'd be able to go back to PD.  I hope that's true.

- No one could answer the "where are the Halstead brothers living?" question.  Derek Haas (coincidentally?) answered the question on Twitter and said that they are sleeping on bunk beds in Mouch and Trudy's basement; it's too embarrassing to include on the show.  Apparently when someone from the audience alerted them to the tweet, they all laughed hysterically.

• Love 1

Yeah, and people are obsessing over Jesse and Sophia's interactions as well.  Maybe they mean something, maybe they don't...

I thought I had a third thing to post, then couldn't think of it.  I remember now - Sophia (I think it was her, may have been someone else) said that they get frustrated like the fans do about the inconsistent writing among the shows.  She said they all know the PD and Med's plots make no sense and didn't add up, especially when it came to Papa Halstead and Jay and Will's living arrangements.  

Maybe they can work on that for future seasons?

• Love 1

And here I was, assuming that the writers for one show call the writers from the other show if they want to use a/the character(s) and ask if what they have planned fits. It's kind of what logic would dictate.

3 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

And here I was, assuming that the writers for one show call the writers from the other show if they want to use a/the character(s) and ask if what they have planned fits. It's kind of what logic would dictate.

That would definitely make sense, wouldn't it? :-)  (Just to clarify, I'm not sure she used the word "frustrated" but that was my interpretation when reading the tweets about her comment.)

Soffer also confirmed he was frustrated with the season five ending confirming that he thought it should have been Halsteads job in jeopardy given all the stuff from earlier episodes and that he doesn't believe Jay will propose in season five..

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Soffer also confirmed he was frustrated with the season five ending confirming that he thought it should have been Halsteads job in jeopardy given all the stuff from earlier episodes and that he doesn't believe Jay will propose in season five..

I hadn't read that - that's good to know.  Isn't it what we all thought too?  He had the history with the pedophiles...

Did he give a reason why he thinks Jay won't propose?

(edited)

You could argue that she does too when you think of the brother they created for the crossover only and then never mentioned again **eyeroll**

I haven't read the reason anywhere if he did. I think the general concensus is that it's a bad idea to propose but I'm not sure if that's because of how apparently bad for each other Linstead are or just because they're not actually together and it's bad timing. 

Edited by Chas411

Right, Teddy, but that wasn't the reason she gave - she made up something about a girl from when they were seven years old.  Pretty ridiculous.

I think they are good for each other, actually, but I agree that it's weird because they aren't actually together and it's bad timing.  He shouldn't propose in the season premiere or anything, but I think saying the entire season is a bit unknown.  The new writers could fix it.

Hopefully they will.

Both actors definetly know how to give they're shippers what they want - they were very close at the convention. I suppose it's a good way to show that no matter what may have occurred personally they're definetly very at ease with each other and appear to have remained friendly.

The whole cast was fun to watch from the videos and pictures across the three shows. They all seem super close and to have a lot of fun.

• Love 1

Haha you never know. That's comittment for sure.

Derek tweeted that the writers are back June 1st for Fire so maybe that's when the new PD writers start also.

(edited)

Those are good articles, but I'm not sure people should be reading too much in to the conference meaning that Sophia will definitely return.  This conference had been planned for many, many months.

Edited by FnkyChkn34
typo

I think it's planned since September/October - I don't think this is anything to do with whether or not she'll be back. It was just the only article on the comvention. I still think she's gone but I don't think anything will be confirmed until July unless they up Tracy S to series regular soon and then I think that'll be confirmation more or less. 

5 hours ago, Chas411 said:

I think it's planned since September/October - I don't think this is anything to do with whether or not she'll be back. It was just the only article on the comvention. I still think she's gone but I don't think anything will be confirmed until July unless they up Tracy S to series regular soon and then I think that'll be confirmation more or less. 

Sorry if you already said this and I missed it, but why do you think she's gone?  I think it's a red herring and she'll stay, but obviously I could easily be wrong. 

Honestly - I just think it's too quiet at the moment. Nobody had said anything about the finale. I understand they're in the process of switching writers and showrunners etc but Derek Haas gave an interview right after the Fire cliffhanger whereas he has been kept very quiet about PD. Tracy Sprikados (sorry I don't think that's right but I can never spell her last name) seems very Erin Lite and i could see her slotting into The characters place if she were to be gone. Also the finale switched the history of Lindstead from them being a solid supportive couple (until Jay bailed) to them suddenly being a train wreck because Erin "doesn't want to be saved". It's possibly bad writing but gIven the Lindstead are such a big audience draw it doesn't make sense to me that the writers would be trying to alienate them from the audience unless something was due to change. Couple that with Beghe saying it's going to be a whole new show next year etc and I just think something is up...

I wonder how the ?demise of Justice will play into this season of PD. I'd like to think there was an option in Jon Seda's contract that if Justice failed he could come back to PD. Otherwise he got shafted. 

15 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

And hopefully the new writers all binge watch the show from the start, and take notes, so that they can stay consistent - and maybe even fix some history.

Again with the expectations! stop being so positive! :P

1 hour ago, Guildford said:

I wonder how the ?demise of Justice will play into this season of PD. I'd like to think there was an option in Jon Seda's contract that if Justice failed he could come back to PD. Otherwise he got shafted. 

Is it officially cancelled?