Type keyword(s) to search

Chicago PD in the Media

Chas411
  • Start Topic

27 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

What does money have to do with anything?  Why is this about money? 

Of course it's about money, at least for a lot of people. Do you honestly believe that people would be so willing to put up with bad behaviors if they didn't feel it was "worth" it in other respects?

And blaming these women for not speaking up before yet continuing in their careers is still a major part of perpetuating the problem.  Yikes.

Once again, the problem is that the women made specific choices...in some cases that have come to light recently, they have specifically said that they went to auditions when they were still unknowns and there was already harassment. Yet they chose to say nothing and not to walk away. Of course abuse/harassment is never ok. But the women did not have guns to their heads. They could easily have walked away. But they chose not to, instead valuing the fame and fortune ahead of them more than personal integrity. So yes, they are not entirely innocent victims in the whole problem. All of these people expect "someone" to do something about stopping abusers, yet they don't say anything and they don't stop auditioning for them and supporting their projects. So how exactly was it supposed to have happened, magic?

Once again, there is WAY too much money for actors. If we set regular salaries, then we wouldn't have so many people willing to do whatever it takes to get it. If it's truly your passion to act, then you can have any job, and do it as a hobby like thousands of other people. 

Someone like Sophia Bush have never truly "worked" a day in her life. I'm sure she doesn't want to start now.

• Love 1

This thread has gone pretty far off-topic. If you want to discuss the current sexual harassment scandals, there is an ongoing thread in the Everything Else TV sub-forum. This thread needs to remain specifically about Chicago PD in the media.

On 12/22/2017 at 4:10 PM, SnarkySheep said:

Someone like Sophia Bush have never truly "worked" a day in her life. I'm sure she doesn't want to start now.

Wow.  Just... wow.  Tell an actor to their face that they've never "worked."  That's ridiculous.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

Rick Eid is now also co-showrunner of FBI. https://tvline.com/2018/10/10/fbi-showrunner-change-cbs-rick-eid-derek-haas/ I'm trying to make up my mind if that's a good thing or a bad thing. He already doesn't have any idea about the characters, so now he has even less time. On the other hand, that may mean that he will delegate.

Well he's already ruined this show....and proof he doesn't care about fans.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/chicago-p-d-s-patrick-flueger-talks-ruzeks-romance-twist/

“We were all worried that people were gonna be pissed off,” he said. “The writers were like, ‘Quit worrying about that,’ but it’s the fans’ show just as much as it is ours at this point.”

Ummm....if people don't watch you don't actually have a show.

Edited by Guildford
Added stuff
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Guildford said:

Ummm....if people don't watch you don't actually have a show.

Yup. My thoughts exactly whenever I read a showrunner say that they're going to do something just because they want to even though they know it's unpopular. Makes them sound like a petulant child. And while they might be in charge, it's the viewers who determine whether they stay in charge.

Although, to be fair, I'm reading your quote as if Eid was considerate of the fans and the writers were dismissive.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

Yup. My thoughts exactly whenever I read a showrunner say that they're going to do something just because they want to even though they know it's unpopular. Makes them sound like a petulant child. And while they might be in charge, it's the viewers who determine whether they stay in charge.

Although, to be fair, I'm reading your quote as if Eid was considerate of the fans and the writers were dismissive.

The quote was actually from Paddy. He didn't like the story and was told to suck it up and that he shouldn't worry about pissing fans off. He cares about his character whereas to Eid et al they are just dispensable objects that he shuffles around to suit his own agenda and his arrogance that they fans don't matter is really disappointing. If he doesn't care about the viewers, as viewers why should we care about watching?

I kind of include Eid and the writers as one whole. At the end of the day the writers only write what Eid tells them to write. He would be the one that decided on this story and I am not sure if he seriously misjudged the response or he just doesn't care. I tend to think it's the latter.

• Love 1

CarterMatt Newsletter - December 2, 2018

Chicago PD interview: Rick Eid previews big Antonio story, Ruzek & Upton

CarterMatt When did you start figuring out that you wanted to tell a big Antonio story for the fall finale?

Rick Eid – I think when we were talking at the beginning of the year about the show and the characters in general, we started talking about what would be an interesting place for Antonio to be mid-point in the season, especially when it came to Ruzek and Voight. During the premiere, Antonio was at odds with Ruzek and at odds with Voight, and trying to take a by-the-book approach [to policework]. We thought it would be interesting to see where this relationship could evolve to.

CarterMatt - What was Jon’s reaction to finding out about this?

He was excited to explore subject of opioid and pill addiction. I think it was a tough place for him to go, but I think he was excited to do.

CarterMatt - The promo for the episode shows Burgess tracking down a possible suspect in a bust before realizing that the person she’s chasing is Antonio. How can we expect the Intelligence group react to what could be happening here?

I think ultimately, it’s about the Intelligence unit being people and looking at it as family, and having incredible empathy for someone they care about and are willing to sacrifice their careers for something that matters to them.

CarterMatt - Is there anything that you can speak to when it comes to Ruzek or Upton in the fall finale?

Their relationship remains strong — there’s a real relationship brewing there. I think Adam is, maybe just maybe, a little more smitten and excited about the future than Upton, but they both like each other a lot and are having fun with it. It’s a meaningful, casual relationship at the moment.

How would you describe the ending of the fall finale? Should they brace themselves for a big cliffhanger?

Yes they should. It’s shocking and compelling.

Edited by VinceW
Rick Eid Interview Part 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, VinceW said:

CarterMatt Newsletter - December 2, 2018

Chicago PD interview: Rick Eid previews big Antonio story, Ruzek & Upton

CarterMatt When did you start figuring out that you wanted to tell a big Antonio story for the fall finale?

Rick Eid – I think when we were talking at the beginning of the year about the show and the characters in general, we started talking about what would be an interesting place for Antonio to be mid-point in the season, especially when it came to Ruzek and Voight. During the premiere, Antonio was at odds with Ruzek and at odds with Voight, and trying to take a by-the-book approach [to policework]. We thought it would be interesting to see where this relationship could evolve to.

CarterMatt - What was Jon’s reaction to finding out about this?

He was excited to explore subject of opioid and pill addiction. I think it was a tough place for him to go, but I think he was excited to do.

CarterMatt - The promo for the episode shows Burgess tracking down a possible suspect in a bust before realizing that the person she’s chasing is Antonio. How can we expect the Intelligence group react to what could be happening here?

I think ultimately, it’s about the Intelligence unit being people and looking at it as family, and having incredible empathy for someone they care about and are willing to sacrifice their careers for something that matters to them.

CarterMatt - Is there anything that you can speak to when it comes to Ruzek or Upton in the fall finale?

Their relationship remains strong — there’s a real relationship brewing there. I think Adam is, maybe just maybe, a little more smitten and excited about the future than Upton, but they both like each other a lot and are having fun with it. It’s a meaningful, casual relationship at the moment.

How would you describe the ending of the fall finale? Should they brace themselves for a big cliffhanger?

Yes they should. It’s shocking and compelling.

I'm excited to see what they do for Antonio. If it's just discovered and forgotten or they show him getting help. I saw that Laura will be back. I imagine the big cliff hanger involves him. Shocking, maybe Laura dies. 

You could tell Ruzek was more into Upton than she was. When we he find a lady that actually wants him back. lol

Well to be fair Kim wanted him until she realised he wasn't taking their engagement seriously. I really hope they're not going to try and push Jay/Upton once Ruzek/Upton are done. It's too messy.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Well to be fair Kim wanted him until she realised he wasn't taking their engagement seriously. I really hope they're not going to try and push Jay/Upton once Ruzek/Upton are done. It's too messy.

Although not enough to actually talk to him about it, choosing instead to listen to her seedy patrol partner, give him childish 'tests' then dump him, refuse to talk to him & jump into bed with the aforementioned seedy patrol partner.....they both swallowed their fair share of the idiot pills and were immature in that poorly written story...but everyone sees things differently I guess. C'est la vie

One thing that needs to happen is EVERYONE needs to stop fishing from the company pier or use the Interrogation room as a pick up joint (I'm looking at you Atwater) and go out to Molly's and meet some normal happy people who aren't cops, firefighters or Dr's or mixed up with drug dealers or relatives of CI's.

• Love 2

Just out of curiosity - how can the relationship be meaningful and yet casual at the same time?  (I'm glad that they paired Ruzek and Upton instead of Halstead and Upton, although, if I had a choice I could have done without a relationship in general).

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

Just out of curiosity - how can the relationship be meaningful and yet casual at the same time?  (I'm glad that they paired Ruzek and Upton instead of Halstead and Upton, although, if I had a choice I could have done without a relationship in general).

Well it's an Interview with RIck Eid....did you expect it to make sense?

• Love 5

A constant "barrage of abusive behavior" or whatever that quote was seems like more than just the weather.  I think her story is remaining constant.

But my question is, if it was really *that* bad - why does Marina stay?  Jesse Lee Soffer seems like a good guy, why does he deal with it?  Maybe they are both extremely unhappy too, but it does seem like others would say something too if it was really that horrible.  I like Sophia, but maybe her ego is a little too big...

• Love 3

It's a tricky situation because we are getting one side of the story here. I have no doubt that things were going on that shouldn't have been going on and nobody deserves to be mistreated at work. She did the best thing for herself by leaving a situation that was making her miserable.

I do wonder also why other cast members are putting up with it? I guess for some of them they may not be in the position to easily find other work. Up until this show they all seemed to have 'bit' parts in other shows or movies but nothing substantial maybe that plays into it, I have no idea.

I guess until more of the story is revealed there will always be speculation about what really went down because right now it's all one sided and for the cast/crew still there this kind of stuff paints everyone in a bad light. Telling half a story has certainly thrown a lot of people under the bus. Perhaps the end of this season will tell us some more....it's the end of standard contract, maybe other unhappy people will leave.

Together with the horrible writing on this show, it's in a whole lot of trouble that's for sure.

6 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

.  I like Sophia, but maybe her ego is a little too big...

Possibly. She’s a massive personality and disrespectful men seem to be her end line it sounds like she had issues with a few of the men on the show by the end.

As for why Jesse and Marina etc stay - it doesn’t seem to be easy to get out of the contract and as already said it might not be that easy for them to get work etc if they up and leave. Sophia had a nerwork deal in the bag once she left while I don’t think it would be that easy for them. I also just don’t think they’re that unhappy. 

Sophia was dealing with a breakup with a costar (who had moved on). No matter how professional you are I’m sure that elevated the tension. I know she’s been in that position before but with the breakup, the on set tension with Beghe and other crew members, her overall unhappiness (and of course the weather :)) it just sounds like she was burnt out and looking for any excuse to get out. I don’t think the rest of the cast have had as negative an experience. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

But my question is, if it was really *that* bad - why does Marina stay?  Jesse Lee Soffer seems like a good guy, why does he deal with it? 

Well, Bush would have had the most scenes with Beghe since Lindsay and Voight had a personal relationship, she also had more one-on-one scenes with him than others.

Like Chas411 said, contracts could also be an issue. I heard that if an actor leaves prematurely, they usually have to pay a fine.

Wasn't there a mentioning that Beghe had to go to anger management classes in one article back when it first came up?  

• Love 1
On 12/11/2018 at 3:07 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

A constant "barrage of abusive behavior" or whatever that quote was seems like more than just the weather.  I think her story is remaining constant.

But my question is, if it was really *that* bad - why does Marina stay?  Jesse Lee Soffer seems like a good guy, why does he deal with it?  Maybe they are both extremely unhappy too, but it does seem like others would say something too if it was really that horrible.  I like Sophia, but maybe her ego is a little too big...

The main cast are all locked in 7 year deal. As so was Sophia. The article is poorly written. People need to listen to the podcast . It’s more than the weather why she left. From Season 1, there was a lot of inappropriate things happening on PD . She told one of the producers what was happening , they told her it was going to be fixed. Second season came, same things happened . Nothing. Third season. Nothing . Before 4th season started she went to the two bosses who didn’t want to hear it. She had enough. Incident with Jason happened in 4th season. She was told she was not going to be let out of her contract. She told them she would sue the network or she can go quietly. Only then the president of nbc found out what happening and let her off her contract . Sophia had to fight to get out of contract . I mean if the two bosses didn’t even want to listen to Sophia, why would the rest of cast even go against dick wolf. 

On 12/11/2018 at 11:01 AM, Beatrice said:

This is saying it was because of the weather. I thought she previously said it was because of Jason.

Need to listen to the podcast and not a poorly written article

• Love 3

I would love to know the true story of what has happened on this show, I don’t like how Sophia is making all of these accusations but isn’t telling the whole story, as a result everyone on the show looks bad and no one knows the truth. She should tell exactly what happened instead of being incredibly vague while smearing everyone on the show.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I would love to know the true story of what has happened on this show, I don’t like how Sophia is making all of these accusations but isn’t telling the whole story, as a result everyone on the show looks bad and no one knows the truth. She should tell exactly what happened instead of being incredibly vague while smearing everyone on the show.

From what she says, I'd say she can't say anything else. If she reached an agreement with the network it likely included an agreement that she keeps the details to herself.

• Love 2

Absolutely. I don’t think she’s lying. The whole thing just confuses me as I thought a gag order meant that she couldn’t talk about the circumstances of her exit period whereas from what she’s saying at the moment I don’t think She could drop those hints without getting in trouble for breaking the gag order. 

10 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

i’m just going to leave this here. No woman has to go public with such a personal story and especially after being dismissed by all proper channels. If she was lying, nbc wouldn’t have let her out of the contract.

And removed the two showrunners.

7 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Absolutely. I don’t think she’s lying. The whole thing just confuses me as I thought a gag order meant that she couldn’t talk about the circumstances of her exit period whereas from what she’s saying at the moment I don’t think She could drop those hints without getting in trouble for breaking the gag order. 

If they have a written agreement, maybe there's specific language in there as to how much she can say?

• Love 3

I listed to the podcast and yikes. I think that fact that per Sophia no one tried to step in when they witnessed the abusive behavior is just as bad. I also saw that another actress on the show supported/agreed and thanked her for speaking out.

• Love 2

I would love to know what the other cast members think of everything.

she said she went to her two bosses at the start of season four stating her issues needed to be addressed or she’d be leaving. Bosses were Derek Haas, Michael Brandt and Matt Olmstead at that time. They essentially ignored her because they didn’t want to go to HR about it and it kicked off from there. They never escalated to the network because as soon as the head of the network found out she called a meeting with Sophia and released her from the contract straight away. (I’d say it was easy at this stage because it had been handled so badly already that they would have been screwed had it gone public).

She said she was assaulted in front of her male crew and nobody did anything. Not sure what male cast she’s referring to or whether or not it’s the regular cast. By assault I’m not sure if it was verbal or physical and who it involved but I know from what the hints she’s dropped that she’s definetly fallen out with Beghe big time.

Edited by Chas411

The trouble, IMO, is the word "assault" means so many different things these days. Bush could be referring to physical or sexual assault, or emotional harassment. Unless she gets more specific, there's really no way to know what to think, as we really have no idea what she's talking about.

Obviously none of us know Bush personally, just what we can glean from her interviews and social media. But my take is that she's very forceful with her opinions (that's actually why I stopped reading her Twitter, as it became 100% about politics and she literally did not want to hear a single word from anyone that dared go against her existing beliefs), Jason Beghe also seems to be a very strong persona. So this whole thing, if it even actually IS about him, might simply be about two strong, clashing personalities who did not get along, and things escalated (but we don't really know how).

Anyways, I realize I may be totally off, and of course I know it's not really my business anyways. But that's my personal theory.

Edited by SnarkySheep
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Chas411 said:

I feel like because Lindstead was lost the show try to seel Burzek as being a lot more popular a ship then it really is. I absolutely prefer them both separately.

Linstead where definitely a more popular couple but Burzek is very popular...not so much on this site but certainly on other platforms. I feel the opposite to you. The show (or Rick Eid in particular) doesn't want them to be popular but as hard as he is trying to kill them off the fans won't go away.

Anything is better than that brother/sister vibe creepy thing they have going on with Ruzek and Upton at the moment.

• Love 4

I’d take that over the inevitable Halstead/Upton pairing that’ll happen once Ruzek/Upton split. I remember thinking after Burgess/Roman they wouldn’t go that route again but nope.

• Love 2
On 5/21/2019 at 8:52 AM, Chas411 said:

Not really show related but I do love my behind the scenes gossip.

http://extratv.com/2019/05/14/have-tv-stars-torrey-devitto-and-jesse-lee-soffer-split/

It’s so funny how the media is always late and they think they have breaking news. Torrey and Jesse broke up in Mid February . She had posted a picture of her and her dog with about life throwing you curveballs looking like  was crying . Soon after she deleted all their selfies and unfollowed him. They were at a convention in Paris this weekend and there was some video and pics they looked so uncomfortable to be around each other . It will be funny if they have to share scenes because Jesse always guest stars on Med. 

Yeah but if you don’t follow their social media closely you wouldn’t know until the media report it. I guessed something was up at the convention when she looked unhappy and uncomfortable but I hadn’t a clue about the break up despite following them both. 

Its weird compared to two years ago at the same convention when I thought he looked uncomfortable to be around Sophia Bush despite her making every effort to chat to him etc but the flirting with him and Torrey was pretty obvious.

God I’m more interested in my perceptions of the casts love lives then any of the love storylines across all 3 shows...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Chas411 said:

God I’m more interested in my perceptions of the casts love lives then any of the love storylines across all 3 shows...

Because they are not half assed & forced?

• Love 1