Type keyword(s) to search

Chicago PD in the Media

Chas411
  • Start Topic

Interview with Jesse Lee Soffer on last nights episode.

http://www.examiner.com/article/jesse-lee-soffer-talks-fighting-crimes-on-nbc-s-chicago-p-d

Two quotes that interested me.

It seems like there is possibly something developing between him and his partner, Erin Lindsay (played by Sophia Bush), what can you tell viewers about that? Is there any romance ahead for Jay?

Jesse- We'll see where that's going. We don't know right now. There's obviously a pretty strong flirtation, and it goes beyond that too. They care about each other. They're partners. They have to watch each others back. That's not always the easiest thing to do if you're involved. That can get complicated. So we don't know where it's going but there's definitely something brewing!

Now that you all have filmed the entire first season, is there a favorite storyline you have had with your character? Is there one that was either the most challenging or most fun for you

Jesse- Yes, actually this current storyline, the Lonnie Rodiger stuff was definitely the most challenging because it was a far stretch for me as an actor. I have never had to deal with this kind of stuff. And there are some scenes coming up in the next episode with Antonio (Jon Seda) from Intelligence and he is challenging him. And Antonio is not sure Halstead did it or not. And Halstead is fighting back. That stuff has been my favorite.

There's a clip of the next episode in this interview with Sophia Bush on Jimmy Fallon. Cute interview and she looks gorgeous. She appears to be the only cast member they have promoting the shows. I haven't seen any of the PD or Fire stars appear on any talk shows yet I think she's made multiple appearances on many shows this year promoting the franchise.

I'm a person who can never get enough backstory, so personally I'd love to have seen the beginning, when Intelligence started up...

We know that Voight handpicked his team. We know that Antonio was the one to push Jay forward to him. I'm sure there were others who wanted to get in there, just as Burgess and Atwater currently do. So despite Voight's constant picking on him, there had to be some solid qualities he admired in him.

Why, too, did Voight partner Jay with Erin?

Sophia Bush proves once again that no co star is safe.

Sophia Bush portrays Detective Erin Lindsay on Chicago P.D., and on the show, she’s not allowed to date her partner. Lucky for her, she is allowed to off the set! The actress has been romantically involved with her partner on the show, Jesse Lee Soffer, for about three months, a new report claims!

Well, it sounds like it is! Now this isn’t the first time Sophia has taken her on-screen romance, off screen. She married her One Tree Hill co-star Chad Michael Murray in April 2005 and they were divorced in December 2006. Then, she dated James Lafferty in 2008 and 2009. She also dated Austin Nichols on and off for four years!

In January 2014, Sophia was asked about her relationship with Chad and about dating co-stars in general. “We were two stupid kids who had no business being in a relationship in the first place. To all the other costars who’ve worked it out, more power to you,” she said on Watch What Happens Live.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/08/08/sophia-bush-break-up-dan-fredinburg-new-boyfriend-chicago-pd-jesse-lee-soffer/

• Love 1

"CALL IT MACARONI"

09/24/2014 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Wednesday) : INTELLIGENCE IS THROWN WHEN AN UNDERCOVER JOB TURNS INTO A MANHUNT FOR TWO BROTHERS. VOIGHT IS UNDER SCRUTINY AS JIN’S MURDER INVESTIGATION TRANSPIRES IN THE SEASON PREMIERE. – In the season premiere, as the Sheldon Jin murder investigation moves forward, Voight (Jason Beghe) is under close watch by Internal Affairs but he’s still in complete command of the intelligence unit. A routine undercover job becomes anything but when Voight’s SUV is T-boned while trailing an armored car carrying Ruzek (Patrick Flueger). At District, Burgess (Marina Squerciati) meets her new partner, Sean Roman (Brian Geraghty) and tension is high from the start. Soon she realizes there’s more to his story. After a long day, Lindsay pays a visit to someone she hasn’t seen in a very long time – her mom, Bunny (guest star Markie Post). Jon Seda, Jesse Lee Soffer, Elias Koteas, LaRoyce Hawkins and Amy Morton also star. Stella Maeve, Robert Ray Wisdom and Ian Bowen guest star.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/09/chicago-pd-episode-201-call-it-macaroni_7.html

Chicago P.D.‘s Det. Antonio Dawson is about to protect and serve a soap star.

As the World Turns Emmy winner Michael Park has landed a three-episode arc on the NBC drama as Asher Roslyn, a slick, confident diamond dealer who hires the detective for after-hours private security, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Dawson’s judgment and instincts will be challenged as he balances the new assignment with his official police department responsibilities.

http://tvline.com/2014/10/09/chicago-pd-season-2-cast-michael-park-diamond-dealer/

(edited)

NBC at the TCA panel.

Execs of NBC are pretty confident on PD's chances of renewal. He also spoke of the Chicago Med spinoff potential.

* The oft-rumored next Chicago Fire offshoot, Chicago Med, “is something that we’re seeding into the system,” Greenblatt said. “We’re seeing if there’s a show there that could eventually spin off.”

http://tvline.com/2015/01/16/state-of-affairs-ratings-nbc-cosby-backlash/

Sophia and Jesse (Lindstead) are going to be on the panel tonight.

B7gDKJnCUAA21hq.jpgB7gN2MOCUAA8ifz.jpg

B7gRBpYIgAAP1Tc.jpg

Edited by Chas411

"ERIN'S MOM"

02/11/2015 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) : LINDSAY’S MOTHER BECOMES INVOLVED IN A GRUESOME ROBBERY-MURDER CASE.

Bunny (guest star Markie Post) comes to Lindsay (Sophia Bush) concerned about a suspicious repeat customer at her husband’s rental company. This lead brings Intelligence into a case which robbery-homicide has been working for months. Detective Gina Gawronski (guest star Angelique Cabral) downloads their intel to the team, she also happens to be Antonio’s (Jon Seda) former co-worker from Vice. Voight (Jason Beghe) doesn’t trust Bunny’s motives for the tip. 

Jay's brother has been cast... It's Nick Gehlfuss. Shameless fans may remember him last season as the bad boy brother of Fiona's boyfriend who brought her down a dark path.

http://tvline.com/2015/01/26/chicago-med-cast-nick-gehlfuss-jay-halstead-brother-chicago-pd/

Ryan is “a bit of a playboy and a successful doctor, but always off to the next good time,” executive producer Matt Olmstead says. “[He] never really sticks around when things get complicated. We’re finding him in a point in his life when he has to knuckle down and get real about being in Chicago.”

When the two Halstead siblings are reunited, “they’re glad to see each other,” the EP says. “It’s not like the ne’er-do-well brother shows up. But it’s a brother who’s got some things he needs help with ironing out.”

According to the article he'll also appear in an episode of Fire that serves as yet another backdoor pilot for the Medical show they can't seem to get off the ground.

Think Evil!Voight, et al, are just 100% fictitious constructs for good television? I just ran across this very disturbing piece that sounds a hell of a lot like the world of this show and not in a good way. It's extremely disturbing and a disgrace to policing.

Enter the world of Homan Square:

The facility, a nondescript warehouse on Chicago’s west side known as Homan Square, has long been the scene of secretive work by special police units. Interviews with local attorneys and one protester who spent the better part of a day shackled in Homan Square describe operations that deny access to basic constitutional rights. At least one man was found unresponsive in a Homan Square “interview room” and later pronounced dead.

...and...

"They sent another attorney to the facility, where he ultimately gained entry, and talked to Church through a floor-to-ceiling chain-link metal cage.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150224/10512730124/guardian-details-horrors-chicago-polices-cia-style-black-site.shtml

Maybe he's super smart? lol. 

Also -- From what I've read, thus far, Will is a doctor like he and Jay's dad -- who's wealthy.

Will's got a little sense of humor -- "Or is it that desk sergeant from downstairs?" lol. 

"Shut up--here she comes" Will's, "oooh, okay" is like -- "ooh okay, it's her!" [not Nadia - in other words] 

Not sure if anyone knew they had dated but Sophia's ex boyfriend Dan Freidinburg was one of the victims of the avalanche in Everest. She released a statement on it today via instagram.

http://uk.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2015325/rs_560x415-150425151937-1024.Sophia_Bush_Dan_Fredinburgjmd_042515_copy.jpg

"There are no adequate words. Today I find myself attempting to pick up the pieces of my heart that have broken into such tiny shards, I'll likely never find them all," she wrote. "Dan Fredinburg was one-of-a-kind. Fearless. Funny. A dancing robot who liked to ride dinosaurs and chase the sun and envision a better future for the world. His brain knew how to build it. His heart was constantly evolving to push himself to make it so. He was one of my favorite human beings on Earth. He was one of the great loves of my life. He was one of my truest friends. He was an incredible brother, a brilliant engineer, and a damn good man. I'm devastated and simultaneously so deeply grateful to have known and loved him, and to have counted him as one of my tribe."

http://uk.eonline.com/news/650386/sophia-bush-mourns-the-death-of-dan-fredinburg-he-was-one-of-the-great-loves-of-my-life

My money is on Olinsky given some of the spoilers about the final episode. I just hope it doesn't mess things up with his wife and daughter. It was nice to see him work things out with them.