Type keyword(s) to search

Chicago Fire in the Media

Chas411
  • Start Topic

I have no idea if the timing works out to him really being a 4th year med student, but he's cute and I missed him. And truthishly, he deserved better than that dumb firehouse, especially now that Shay isn't there.

He deserves better than anything with "Chicago" in it's title.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need a few years of pre med, then at least 4-5 of med school?

Spoiler

Chicago Fire (NBC)

Premieres: Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 10/9c

Where We Left Off: Kidd's ex-husband, Grant, broke into her apartment and was waiting in the dark, knife in hand, when she and Severide returned. Borelli was a wreck after his brother's death on duty and blamed Boden. Dawson moved in to a new apartment (thanks, Herrmann!) and got approved to be a foster mother to Louie. Casey's on board too, as he showed up at her door at the end of the finale.

What's Next: The Season 5 premiere picks up in Kidd's apartment, and the Grant-Kidd-Severide love triangle plays out to "a dramatic ending" by the end of the first episode, executive producer Michael Brandt tells TVGuide.com. Elsewhere, tension between Borelli and Boden continues to simmer, challenging Boden "more than anything else he's had to deal with," Brandt says, and Casey and Dawson rethink their priorities now that they're parents to Louie. Grey's Anatomy alum Scott Elrod will play a charismatic social media celebrity whose lavish lifestyle enthralls Severide, and who eventually becomes "the devil on Severide's shoulder." Boden's stepson, James, will also play a role this season, as a recent high school graduate who's decided he wants to follow in his stepfather's footsteps and become a fireman.

http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/gallery/2016-returning-fall-shows/photo/d021a7d1-b102-4905-b00f-48976eefdf85

This time actually makes sense though.  She does have a kid with special needs to take care of.  And given Casey's own habit of almost falling to his death, getting whacked in the head, or getting hit by cars on the job, I can understand why she'd want Louie to have one parent who might not be in danger all the time.

I'm just hoping this finally leads to an actual marriage.  Not because I'm terribly invested in Dawsey (though I do think Casey and Dawson have good chemistry, and I do actually like Gabby a lot of the time), but because it'll FINALLY move them into a new stage of their relationship instead of the constant retread of the past two years.

I'm sure that'll get repetitive too, but I'm looking forward to a change of pace.

That said, I am pretty interested in seeing Casey interact with the Dawsons.  It doesn't seem like he would have a lot of experience with that kind of chaotic type of family.

3 hours ago, squidprincess said:

It doesn't seem like he would have a lot of experience with that kind of chaotic type of family.

I think Casey would know about family chaos. Don't forget his mom killed his dad and he and his sister were estranged because of their opposing views about their parents.

• Love 2

Found this Deadline article from January. I thought it was odd that none of the Chicago franchise shows eligible (Fire and PD) for syndication haven't been seen anywhere. This article explains why. Kind of depressing.

With today's packed market, I think Wolf's hopes for a second franchise to rule syndication are faint.

It hasn't been but I don't think it's looking good. Phillip Winchester confirmed that they hadn't been put on the mid season schedule and Wolf was currently in talks with NBC.

Every now and then we have to remind the audience that our show’s name is Chicago Fire.

Really.. It's not the Gabby show?

Also… we’ve done a few episodes where we’ve singled out Severide or Casey for a one-off, stand-alone type rescue. I think it would be fun to put Gabby in one of those situations for an episode. We shall see!

Remind me to tune out for that one.

If Casey does Die I don't think I can handle a season of Dawson grieving, lashing out at everyone, blaming everyone before eventually pulling through and having Swveride fall for her or something ridiculous. 

• Love 6

honestly wasn't sure where to put this - on last leg of our honeymoon in Chicago and were wondering if there's any show related sites or tours anyone would recommend seeing? Very nerdy yes but I'm a shameless fan of the franchise for years :)

26 minutes ago, nekilarose said:

I was just thinking that it's hilarious that the guys are so terrified of her, and now no more Connie. I wonder how they'll write her out.

Yeah, that's the best thing about Connie, she can just scare you with one look. 

I did ask Derek about that on twitter and a few people have said something along those lines. 

• Love 1
On 3/24/2018 at 9:18 AM, nekilarose said:

I was just thinking that it's hilarious that the guys are so terrified of her, and now no more Connie. I wonder how they'll write her out.

I know. Connie didn't take any sh-t from anyone. Loved her for that! They better pay their respects to her and her character. 

• Love 3
(edited)

With Lucifer being cancelled today I thought "Oh if Shay could somehow come back and Gabby Left". Maybe Writers could get Lauren German back as a unknown Twin of Shay?

Edited by jay741982