Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E12: Episode 12

• Start Topic

(edited)

The Screaming Trees leaf pit in the BotB is probably the closest we'll get to a Clown Shoe moment. Long live the Clown Shoe.

This episode was kinda meh. What a surprise, putting Johnny Mac, James, and Jason on the block. Questioning whether Audrey should go up. Same thing, week after week. The BotB comp was at least creative with the grunge stuff, although that was a horrible Kurt Cobain-esque wig. The best parts were Johnny Mac's DR sessions (as usual) and Liz admitting that she's trying to use Austin for protection. 

I can't wait for that alliance to be out of power.

Did anyone see Becky this episode?

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 7

I still continue to like Julia and dislike Liz.

Johnny Mac was on point once again in the DR.

Audrey was being Audrey. 'Jason is the only one I know who is coming after you' to 'I don't know if Jason is coming after you, I heard that from you guys'.

Jackie might just have some potential now that Jeff is gone.

That's all I've got. It's kind of boring when the same people get nominated week after week.

• Love 4

Finally an episode that I liked because my two favorite players James and Jackie are completly safe!

Meanwhile Liz is a dipstick with her "Jackie has never talked any game with me":uh...hey dimbulb is there some reason YOU can't talk game with Jackie? What makes you all high and might before your HOH win that you can't approach her?

Audrey dumbfounds me in that just when she is sitting pretty again she continually can't keep her mouth shut and talks her way BACK into trouble. She did the same thing with Clay last week!

What the heck is everyone outside of the Six Sense playing the game like they are Islands? Jason and Jackie both said they were alone. Becky appears to be alone. Steve certainly is as he's talking to himself. I keep wanting James and Meg to form a tight alliance but no evidence of that yet either. What is going on?!

I'm glad Austin is on the radar as a being not so trustworthy. I hope  he is the first SS member to get the heave ho.

Early one it appeared the houseguests might not have the same old same old nominees but sure enough...

• Love 2

Why can't Clay pronounce Nirvana correctly?

"Waah! I don't want to get any blood on my hands! Waah! " Oh my god SHUT UP. If you don't want to have someone go home who you nominated, then don't win HOH. God. Shelli and Vanessa can just quit with that shit.

And aren't there like 14 people left? And Shelli's reasoning is that she has a small pool of people to pick from? Way to alienate the people who you don't deign to talk to. I mean, I get that there are alliances, but seriously. Don't be a dick about it.

John is finally growing on me and they really need to stop using him because it's getting old. Liz needs to stop talking yesterday because I cannot handle the sound of her voice. I think I actually complained about this once before but it's not getting any better.

• Love 7
(edited)

One too many air guitar solos tonight... well at least one...

That was a really strangely phrased nomination speech. It came off really badly. "So like I don't know what I want to do but so like dethrone me if you want..." *shakes head* I dunno about Shelli's work under pressure. You see, this is why people don't just "wing" their nom speeches because you start rambling and saying stupid crap to everyone.

But like good ole Johnny Mac said this is all feeling very familiar...

Liz is definitely the evil/bitchy twin. I don't like her or her whining.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 3

Such a boring episode-- same old predictable nominations.  I liked Clay at first, but now he grates on my nerves with his running to Johnny Mac to tell John he has to be a good soldier and get back up on the block.  Why cant CLAY man up and take one for the team?  I mean, he'd be safe and all, right Clay?  So no problem.  Share the fear around some.  Clay and Shelli are just ruling this house.  I'd love to see something happen and Austin go up. 

I'm so over the double HOH pairs up in the HOH room.  It's like a 4 person hoh decision now-- no suspense at all.  You know Shelli isn't going to nominate Audrey and ruin her chances of dragging someone everyone doesn't respect to the end.  I guess we'll see that toothy smile until the finale.  sigh

• Love 3

I think he meant that because that HOH involved music that Steve would be good at it. But it didn't involve music, really. It was more about dancing and paying attention to what the dancers were doing. Which is why Austin is a moron.

• Love 4

Austin's DRs must be stopped. His bad acting is beyond cringeworthy.

Getting kinda tired of the obligatory twin switch segments, too. We get it, they switch clothes and catch one another up. Keep that shit brief and show us more of the other players.

• Love 5

So predictable and kind of boring. Same noms, diff week. People will catch on, if nommed with J Mac, then they are the target.

Shelli's speech was indeed stupid.

I thought that now, since we are getting used to seeing both twins, it is obvious they look different. Julia looked very different from Liz when she was at the botb. She looked very pretty, as where I don't see that in Liz.

Still loving Johhny Mac and his crazy but fun drs.

I don't know why, but I find Audrey and her lies funny. I think she just has got to be having fun messing with people. And if it is messing with Shelli, than I am all for it. Shelli bugs me.

• Love 1

I love how Audrey went from proclaiming she'd made it through clear of her mess at the beginning and then by the end she's talked her way back into a possible nom from Shelli again. Girl needs to learn the old "eyes open mouth closed" mantra but quick. She seems to not be able to help herself and then flails around like an unhooked fish in a boat. She is not smooth that's for sure.

(edited)

Well, this episode did it for me. This show is just excruciating to me. It seems that in years past, we saw more of how the HGs interacted with each other and how they lived inside the house. This season and the episodes are just about game strategy and really, what does it matter because they seem to change their plans episode to episode. 

Plus, these HGs just have no appeal. I am not saying that in past seasons the HGs had great charisma, but this group make the episodes just so boring. There is no anticipation of explosions, nothing except week to week same old same old. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 1

I don't know why they cant do something interesting in the house.  I just accidently came across a video on youtube where the gold secret room was discovered on a past season.  Very exciting!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV8zTbalrP4  Well, very exciting compared to what we've got now....  I miss all the free clothes sprees where everyone was throwing on as many new clothes as possible-- what happened to that?  And do any of them cook much in the house?  I like to see what they come up with.

And the season where Jessie was so cocky with his Manson like followers (Chima,Natalie, and Lydia) was a good 10 min watch over on youtube!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4pXkpYmYYc  How FUNNY it was to watch them sitting back waiting for one of their nominees to be voted off only to have Jeff announce he was using the coup de etat, take the 2 off and put Jessie up with his girl Natalie!!  haha  As slimy and irritating as those people were to me back then, I'd welcome them back to watch again over the bland group we have now.  Then the followup videos of the three girls crying and mourning Jessie's leaving and the one where Chima goes rogue not minding Big Brother's rules and ends up getting kicked out. 

Just thinking about it, I may just go over to youtube and watch old clips of Big Brother past seasons and forget about this year.  Oh, who am I kidding...

• Love 2

I still feel nothing.  Heaven help me, but I think I actually prefer all the terribleness that was Frankie over this bland group.  At least he made me feel things, even if they were all bad.  I appreciate that the bleep button doesn't have to be used as much this season...that's all I can really come up with to say that is positive about this year.

Oh man, Steve berating himself for actually failing the HOH comp, instead of legitimately throwing it, was so adorkable. And still people think he DID throw it! Who was it that said Steve should have done better because he knows music so well? I can't recall now, but....um...no. He plays trombone. How that has any relevance to a hip hop dance number, I've no idea. But it's okay, Steve, I don't think you're an idiot!

Austin's game! That dude sucks so much. Why would you just go and give Jackie a head's up on what the HOH is planning to do? Especially without consulting anyone? They need to cut him loose, fast. 

I knew Liz was using him, no shocker there. I really don't care for her. It's not that necessarily, but she just seems awfully full of herself. "I'm smart!" Eh. Also, I really hate how she wiggles her shoulders and bobs her head when she talks in the DR. 

Johnny Mac - on the block again! Asked to throw it again! Decides he's actually NOT going to throw it. Loses. Poor Johnny Mac. I loved when he said, "If the game was called 'Getting Nominated', I'd be winning!" 

That grunge challenge was everything. Never have I enjoyed a BB challenge so much. 

• Love 5
Meanwhile Liz is a dipstick with her "Jackie has never talked any game with me":uh...hey dimbulb is there some reason YOU can't talk game with Jackie? What makes you all high and might before your HOH win that you can't approach her?

Right? It goes both ways. Or is everyone supposed to approach Liz, and not the other way around, because she's just so awesome? I don't love Jackie or anything, but Liz's haughty attitude about her really set me off. 

But like good ole Johnny Mac said this is all feeling very familiar...

John is living his own, personal Groundhog Day. What does he do at this point? He kind of set himself up to keep being their lackey by agreeing to it twice before. Clay is all, "You can say no if you want", but really....that would just give them an excuse to really target him. It does seem like he was actually trying to win anyhow, but he just had no luck. 

I liked Clay at first, but now he grates on my nerves with his running to Johnny Mac to tell John he has to be a good soldier and get back up on the block.  Why cant CLAY man up and take one for the team?  I mean, he'd be safe and all, right Clay?  So no problem.  Share the fear around some.  Clay and Shelli are just ruling this house.  I'd love to see something happen and Austin go up

This is the same thing I said several episodes ago! Send Clay up as the pawn to throw the comp! Not only are you more sure he's going to do it for you, but it will cast doubt on his alliances and that could benefit you going forward. Give Johnny Mac a break, for crying out loud. 

I think he meant that because that HOH involved music that Steve would be good at it. But it didn't involve music, really. It was more about dancing and paying attention to what the dancers were doing. Which is why Austin is a moron.

Among a million other reasons. 

Thank you for clarifying who said that, as I couldn't remember. I should have known though, since it was incredibly stupid reasoning and Jeff had already left the house. 

Sad that Johnny Mac is a tool for the power regime, but I loved his disgust at the idea of smashing jack-o-lanterns. "People worked really hard carving those things! It's just...... rude." Hee!

Awww, I loved that moment! I was totally in agreement, as we've had hard worked jack-o-lanterns smashed. It seemed really sweet how serious he was about that. 

If the non-members of the Sixth Sense alliance don't align themselves, it won't matter if the non-members win the HOH competition.  The problem wtih this season isn't the Sixth Sense alliance.  The problem is the rest of the houseguests with their thumbs up their collective asses doing nothing of substance in the game.  No leadership what so ever.

There are still more on the other side. I really can't understand why they don't all team up temporarily to knock some Six Sense members out. I mean, are they just that un-motivated? Scared? Or are they so stupid that they don't realize there IS an alliance in the house?

• Love 3

I was surprised that Liz even told Julia that she voted for James.  Julia would be better able to play the "I didn't vote for James" card if she really didn't and didn't know anything about Liz's vote.

I never thought I would feel old about my grunge music, but I had to explain to my kids who all the bands were. sigh.

Just as well I'm going away this week and will miss all the BBAD, as I don't think I could stomach another week of watching Shelli and Clay cuddle.  I wish the other people would win HOH just so one of those two (preferably Clay) would just get voted out.

Poor Johnny Mac.  Gotta hope he keeps up his veto winning streak.  I can't believe they choked on the end of the BotB.

• Love 1
If Johnny Mac didn't want to throw this competition, nothing would have happened to him.  He was already promised to at least make it to jury before this competition took place.  I think Clay would have understood if Johnny refused to throw the competition.  Yes, I know, Johnny tried to win the comp.

John was promised by Vanessa during her reign as HOH. I know Clay and Shellie are working with her, but technically they didn't promise Johnny Mac anything, so they would have a loophole for getting him out if they wanted to. 

From the recap:

Steve the brilliant engineer struggles with folding an ironing board after pressing his shirt. Why would anyone would bother ironing a shirt in the Big Brother house is beyond me.

I'd iron my shirts just for something to do. The kitchen would probably be clean all the time, too.

• Love 3

It seems I'm in the minority, but I have to agree with Liz re Jackie. I know approaching people to talk game goes both ways, but I found the issue Liz had v with Jackie less about the fact that Jackie never talks to her than the fact that when she does, she's pretty much demanding (maybe not demanding, but definitely pressuring imo) promises to keep her safe and asking for info about who the target was when she really isn't entitled to that. At one point, she even asked Liz if someone would use the veto on her if they won. She might not be the target, but why would she think she's in that good that that would be a possibility, or think that anyone should even do that for her? Maybe it's because I really don't like floaters, but Jackie bugged me this episode.

I don't watch the feeds, so maybe there's something I'm missing. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Would have liked to see Steve's reason for voting to keep Jeff. 

Hey Grodner, no one gives a flying fuck about these lame ass showmances. Stop forcing them on us. I did like Liz admitting she's just using Austin to further her game. Guy is so delusional I want a live feed on his face when he watches the show back.

Wretched episode from top to bottom. 

• Love 3

It seems that in years past, we saw more of how the HGs interacted with each other and how they lived inside the house. This season and the episodes are just about game strategy and really, what does it matter because they seem to change their plans episode to episode.

With Battle of the Block, so much of the episode is eaten up by competition we get little else in the way of footage. That being the case, they should dispense with "Who wants to see my HoH room?" segments. It's the same damn room every week, for Pete's sake. You know what else they can dispense with? "One of my duties as HoH is to nominate two people for eviction." Well, duh. We don't need this filler crap every damn Sunday.

Another thing that bugs the crap out of me is that right after Clay explains how the BotB competition works, we cut to Jason in the DR explaining how the competition works all over again, like we didn't just hear it from Clay. What is the freaking point of telling us this twice?

I get that they have three episodes a week to put together but it's obvious how lazy they are in the editing bay. Clearly they have some kind of playbook and all these obligatory expositions are somewhere in the script. 

On a different note, I know Audrey is terrible at this game, but Shelli & Co. were throwing Jason's name out there before Shelli even talked to Audrey. For Shelli to turn around say she nominated Jason exclusively because of what Audrey told her is B.S. And she knows it. She just wants someone else to blame for her nominations so she doesn't "get blood on her hands." I'm so sick of people winning HoH then whining that someone is going to come after them. And Audrey was right - Shelli and her alliance have been targeting James and Jason for the past two weeks.

• Love 7
(edited)

She just wants someone else to blame for her nominations so she doesn't "get blood on her hands." I'm so sick of people winning HoH then whining that someone is going to come after them.

THIS! All this "I don't wanna get blood on my hands," "I don't wanna target anyone," "I don't want people to come after me," bullshit. Don't fucking win HOH then. Everyone is so weak. I miss the old days when there wasn't so much kumbaya/go with the house/unanimous votes.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

Honestly the only time BotB would have been interesting is if Kaysar and Maggie were both HOH at the same time. Otherwise, it sucks.

I actually felt kind of badly for Jackie in her talk with Liz because Liz acted rather magnanimous about saying Jackie was not a target, and when Jackie naturally had some follow-up questions Liz gave her nothing. Jackie was nominated, of course she was nervous.

• Love 4

Why is everyone playing Clay's game?  Every season, it seems, there's one person who gets the other hamsters to play their game and this season it's Clay.

I find this incredibly annoying.  Almost as annoying as his Cougarmance with Shelli.  You know he wouldn't look at her twice IRL,  She's not unattractive, by any means, but she's 10 years older than he is.  So, yeah no.

• Love 3

it surprised me how massively bitchy Liz came off when complaining about Jackie.  

Jackie's been playing a shit game, but I hate the "isolation" excuse.  It goes both ways. I bet Liz has made zero attempts to talk to Jackie either (maybe her sister has done more--that would really confuse Jackie if that's the case and she caught wind of Liz's attitude).

Audrey is SO compulsive a liar, isn't she?  This isn't just for the TV edit, is it?

• Love 5
(edited)

It's pretty obvious that Jackie has no idea there is actually a "social game" side to things. So she had Jeff who wouldn't talk to her for fear of them being "found out" as a duo... how the hell is she even passing her time?? All you have to do is talk to each other and she hasn't reached out to anyone?? Girl it is your fault you "feel alone"

And yes ITA Kromm Audrey really just cannot help herself. Reminds me of Ally Sheedy's character in 'The Breakfast Club' to who Molly Ringwald's character says (approx) "You don't say anything to me for half the day and then when you do open your mouth you unleash all these bogus lies on me!"

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 2

So they've ditched the Takeover twist already? In Week Four?

...That's a new personal best for them. Congratulations, I guess?

Why would they have to ditch a twist that by nature could be ANYTHING they want?

Screaming Trees? Good Lord. Did they even have any hits (or back then, any good music videos?)

I have to laugh at their "90s Week" consisting of one competition that was circa 1989-1990 and the other circa 1991-1994.

And it really, really bothered me that "Nirvana" had late-00s foam around it.

I hope nothing ever happens to Jackie's hair.  She'll be in the Diary Room of Life.  She'll have to get an actual job or other reason for living.  She impulsively moves it, caresses it, combs it, brushes it, rearranges it, comforts it, washes it, dyes? it...anything else?   Most of this loving treatment is done in front of a mirror.

I hope nothing ever happens to Jackie's hair.  She'll be in the Diary Room of Life.  She'll have to get an actual job or other reason for living.  She impulsively moves it, caresses it, combs it, brushes it, rearranges it, comforts it, washes it, dyes? it...anything else?   Most of this loving treatment is done in front of a mirror.

You wouldn't think it, what with her taking long periods of time off to go on various reality shows, but apparently she's been an actual employed professional dancer (or if its for sports teams do they still call them cheerleaders?)

Hair still important for that, of course.

Still that puts her one up on many reality show people.

I watched that clip that someone graciously posted above from BB6 with Rachel discovering the Gold Room. I loved that season so much.

What a downfall this show has had since Grodner took over. Doesn't she receive any feedback from viewers or learn from previous twists that completely fall flat?

And Clay, it's NIRvana, not NARvana... sheesh! 

I find it hard to believe that Becky, Steve, James, Johnny Mac, Megan are not talking game. Aren't they keeping their eyes open at least? I doubt it takes a keen mind to figure out that Clay and Shelly are FOR SURE a alliance duo and more than likely have others on their side too. 

Good players: 1. Get to know everyone in the game on some level 2. Don't drawn undo attention to themselves 3.Keep eyes and ears open. 4. Smile, nod and avoid conflict. 5. Make a sincere effort in winning HOH comp to get others to reveal themselves to you. 6. Don't worry about "blood on their hands" since everyone gets some eventually. 

• Love 5

Thinking about blood on their hands I think the next endurance comp should be borrowed from Survivor; the "bucket above your head" challenge and the buckets would be filled with "blood" instead of water. So most of them would get the Carrie-like treatment. Talk about blood on your hands!! Heh.

• Love 2

And it really, really bothered me that "Nirvana" had late-00s foam around it.

. I thought it was clouds, like it was trying to look like heaven-ish? I might have seen wrong though, I was only half-watching.

I really really want to see Julia make it into the house because I want to see Liz and Julia butting heads once they can make decisions for themselves.

• Love 1
(edited)
You wouldn't think it, what with her taking long periods of time off to go on various reality shows, but apparently she's been an actual employed professional dancer

Sorry...I can't get out of these "quote" boxes:   KROMM, when she was on The Amazing Race her profession was listed as a Las Vegas showgirl.  I assume she can go right back to that.

Edited by Former Nun

Am I the only one who gets insanely annoyed listening to Liz and Julia talk to each other?  They speak in whine.  "omggggggg, I can't believe you did thaaaaaaat..."  "I knooooooooooowwwwww...."  UGH.  Speak normally!  My toddler whines less than those two.

• Love 7

. I thought it was clouds, like it was trying to look like heaven-ish? I might have seen wrong though, I was only half-watching.

I really really want to see Julia make it into the house because I want to see Liz and Julia butting heads once they can make decisions for themselves.

That's how I took it as well.

Absolutely - because when you get to Rock and Roll Heaven, you know they got a helluva band. :D

You wouldn't think it, what with her taking long periods of time off to go on various reality shows, but apparently she's been an actual employed professional dancer (or if its for sports teams do they still call them cheerleaders?)

Hair still important for that, of course.

Still that puts her one up on many reality show people.

I think she's a "dancer" dancer. Steve said something a week or so ago about her not being the typical stripper.

Screaming Trees? Good Lord. Did they even have any hits (or back then, any good music videos?)

I have to laugh at their "90s Week" consisting of one competition that was circa 1989-1990 and the other circa 1991-1994.

And it really, really bothered me that

"Nirvana" had late-00s foam around it.

Screaming Trees had a hit Nearly Lost You. It was popular around the time of Photograph and Far Behind and Man in the Box. Empire Records, Chanel Vamp, and My So Called Life were the shit.

• Love 2

Screaming Trees had a hit Nearly Lost You. It was popular around the time of Photograph and Far Behind and Man in the Box. Empire Records, Chanel Vamp, and My So Called Life were the shit.

Ohhhh, I remember Nearly Lost You. I remember the band called Screaming Trees. I did not match the artist and song. Thanks so much!

(Oh man, Far Behind...haven't thought about that song in a while...)

Can't wait to see the references in tomorrow's competition, for contestants who were in diapers when these songs were popular. And it's not like the '90s is iconic, like the '80s (is it?) More like the producers are showing their age.