Type keyword(s) to search

Stark Raven Mad

Athena
  • Start Topic

The other week, when Candace left during the show & it turned out she had the flu, Whoopi said something about Raven being sick too. I don't know if she legitimately was (Whoopi made it sound like something was going around & had affected a bunch of people--either people connected to the show or who she knows; I think Michelle was off a bit around then too, but she may have had out of town comedy gigs) or if that was Whoopi "covering" for Raven's now fairly lengthy absence (for someone I, at least, thought was supposed to be a regular Co-Host). Or maybe Raven was legitimately sick & also had the time off coming to do Black-ish afterwards.

Bolding mine. 

OR, was that Miss Whoopi still trying to convince us that Candace leaving ten minutes into a 35-40 minute show and taking a few days off had nothing to do with feeling bullied by the great know-it-all moderator?   Pffft.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

Ooooh, somebody lied, errrr, I mean, exaggerated -- their own importance!

How does it feel, Raven, to not be the youngest, cutest, trendiest Miss Thang?

Too bad, so sad for her. Let's hope she learns to evolve/grow as an actor, or artist, and rein that ego in. Its not pretty.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 6

Wow, that was rude as hell. Maybe not as physical as Raven made it out to be, but that was pretty shitty, lol.

Why would these "Starshop" whoever the hell people put this out there? Raven never identified them so it's not like they need to be defending themselves. All they accomplished was making themselves look like celeb sucking jerks imo. But I guess I have heard of them now though, right? They got there name out there. Now I know who they are.

Starshop whoever = assholes. Good work, guys!

• Love 2

Yeah, that was incredibly rude. Raven was mid-sentence in response to their question. But Raven didn't need to lie about being hit or shoved. So now she looks like the jerk for lying.

• Love 3

Yeah, that was incredibly rude. Raven was mid-sentence in response to their question. But Raven didn't need to lie about being hit or shoved. So now she looks like the jerk for lying.

Welcome to the real world of celebrity, Raven. That's the "industry" that Raven so smugly refers to frequently on the view.

Raven talks smugly abt the "community" as well, and I cant wait for some LGBT person to snub her and hear her lie again. Raven is not as famous as she thinks she is. People are human, foibles and all. She needs to climb down off that high horse.

• Love 3

I would FLOVE someone who is tech savvy to come on to the spew and talk abt many different browsers, instagram accts., Facebook, twitter, streaming options, and newer games, etc., so they cd show up Raven's ignorance about Internet, cuz she only knows a small part and acts like she invented it.

Also, I would Flove for some really younger than Raven successful actress to come on and talk abt how she is too busy working to play games online or Put other stuff online cuz is an invasion of privacy and a personal choice to keep important relationships private and special.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 3

Maybe because Whoopi has set the bar so low,  but Raven doesn't really bother me.     Yes, she's ignorant but I don't think she's dumb and there is a difference *cough Sherri cough*   I watch for the snark and she supplies a lot of material which makes her entertaining to me.  Let's face it, it's not like anyone will confuse Paula, Sara, Sunny, Whoopi, or Michelle with Meredith Viera.  

And unlike some talentless reality show famewhore, Raven already has had a successful career on camera several times  - although not on a talk show, LOL.  It's kind of fascinating to me to see a child-star survivor who hasn't been living in a bubble (CCB) or more often, completely messed up.  

I think there HAS to be at least one millennial at the table and while Michelle probably counts, the average age of Whoopi, Joy, Michelle, CCB, Raven, and Paula is still 54.  It's rare that they are all there at the same time, it's usually Joy (70s) Whoopi (60s) Paula/CCB/Sunny/Sara(40s and almost 40s) and Raven and Michelle (30s)    

That said, Raven would not be my first (or second or third or fourth, etc) choice as a millennial co-host but as long as she's there, she doesn't really bother me.  We will never get our dream table back; I think last year was the closest this show has come in the past nine years - and look how that turned out, LOL.   

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

On Friday's show, I noticed Raven made a few word gaffs...and tried to play off one by saying she likes new words. Right.

1. She said, "Love and hate are synanymous". Wrong on 2 counts:Synanymous (as previously noted by another poster) sh be synonymous, which wd be two words that mean the same, whereas I think Raven mean occuring at the same time or simultaneous.

2. Raven said, with alot of emphasis, that, Beyonce and JayZ work together, "Huntie!" I think she meant to say,

"Honey".

3. She said that she had a crush on her smoothie "bar-tista." Joy or Jedi corrected her with "barista", and Raven laughed it off, saying that she likes new words. Too bad she can't learn real words.

Raven Symoron, indeed.

• Love 6

Raven says she liked girls at age 12, but came out at age 28, and wasn't an outspoken advocate of the LGBT community right away. Nope. She waited a whole two years until she was 30 to be a know it all.

She waited to come out cuz of her career and earning power. Pulleeze. Not a good spokesperson...mainly cuz she is not a good speaker off the cuff. Plus she's kinda dumb cuz she relies on current Internet info, and doesn't know the history of LGBT... To her gay, et al, issues were just invented and affect her since she came out.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 4

2. Raven said, with alot of emphasis, that, Beyonce and JayZ work together, "Huntie!" I think she meant to say,

"Honey".

Not to defend Raven, it's the last thing any of us want to do...but the bolded is slang.

And I just realized I replied to a post from March 13th...

• Love 2

Not to defend Raven, it's the last thing any of us want to do...but the bolded is slang.

And I just realized I replied to a post from March 13th...

Having just watched RHWBH where the word "huntie" came up as a mash-up of Honey & C..t.  Just sayin'.

• Love 3

Having just watched RHWBH where the word "huntie" came up as a mash-up of Honey & C..t. Just sayin'.

Thanks for the explanation of "Huntie". Wow! Not exactly something I wd use. ...ever. Even at my most bitchy back in the day.

However, I love to watch British tv and movies, ( and read British mysteries/authors,) and in the comedies, they use the c- word regularly, so it has taken some of the pearl-clutching gasp out of it. Otherwise, I still don't care for Raven cuz she's kinda dumb, ir should I say, uninformed in linguistics.

• Love 3
On 5/31/2016 at 2:01 AM, SanDiegoInExile said:

It Gets Better

Good for her!   And not for nothing, that's the most articulate I've ever seen her. 

As much as I enjoy snarking on Raven on The Spew the truth is I actually think she turned out amazingly well considering her childhood.     So many others who spent their childhood supporting their families end up seriously effed up.  She really seems to have it together in this video anyway. 

• Love 2

Raven surprised me and appeared as a guest judge on RuPauls's Drag Race All Stars last night.  Her lips were the most god-awful shadowy blend of charcoal/gray/blue.  It was worse than anything she ever wore on her mouth on The View.  She truly had the mouth of a 3 weeks dead corpse.  ugh! I mean it did not even look like an attempt at "lipstick." You would have thought it was supposed to be some kind of theatrical, movie makeup job intended to create a character in a horror movie, not just some young woman on a tv show being herself.  Her hair and clothes didn't stand out to me but that is probably because, well, on RuPaul's show, even Raven's weirdest pile of yarn on her head would be something you might not even notice because it's all so over-the-top. But those lips ... 

Anyway, she was not too bad.  I don't recall her doing or saying anything foolish or mean.  She was actually a little bit more subdued than I would have expected her to be.  She seemed somehow a bit older than she does on The View. It makes me wonder if she is not really playing up the whole "I'm still just a kid" thing on the show because she's supposed to be the "young one."  

The main thing of note was that RuPaul was saying her last name is not pronounced "sea-moan" but rather it is "sea MOAN YAY" ... I don't think I have ever heard that before, but they were talking about it like they were serious.  Although RuPaul can be very deadpan so it's hard to tell.  There are those little accents in the spelling of her name.  But when they announce her name on the show, don't they just say "sea-moan?"  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Her lips were the most god-awful shadowy blend of charcoal/gray/blue.  It was worse than anything she ever wore on her mouth on The View.  

This it?

giphy.gif

She really likes to, imho, uglify herself. 

image.jpeg

• Love 5
On 8/26/2016 at 11:05 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Anyway, she was not too bad.  I don't recall her doing or saying anything foolish or mean.  She was actually a little bit more subdued than I would have expected her to be.  She seemed somehow a bit older than she does on The View. It makes me wonder if she is not really playing up the whole "I'm still just a kid" thing on the show because she's supposed to be the "young one." 

Could be.   The average age of the sitting co-hosts (Whoopi, Joy, Paula, Candace and Raven) is around 50 so Raven at age 30 is the youngest by at least a decade.   I guess I cut Raven alot of slack because she grew up as a child star who supported her family from age 3 (parents quit their jobs and moved to NYC with her) and turned out pretty well if you compare her situation to some other former child stars in the same position.     Yes, she's super uneducated and isn't interested in reading anything longer than a tweet but I don't think she's dumb.  Or young, LOL. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

Raven never seemed to be a good co-host for the show. Good in small doses as a guest a couple times a year, but not capable of contributing anything of value on an ongoing basis.  I blame much of that on a deficient education by being schooled on a TV set so not having a good foundation in history, critical thinking, etc.  I also think it odd that she kept referring to herself as the young one and presenting such juvenile views when she is in her 30s!  She spouted lots of simplistic and silly statements  -  maybe people I know in their late 20s or 30s are just more mature and informed.

So ABC/Disney is working with her on a "sequel" of her old show and she can use that as an example of why she is leaving The View.  Good for her!  Even if it never airs, she is making money for all the planning and pre-production work.  If the show does hit the airwaves, she would make even more.  She is much better suited to being an actress than participating on a talk show!

I really won't miss her on the panel.  

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, holly4755 said:

Raven seems likable to me, if not the brightest bulb in the box.  On this show, likable seems to be harder to come by now. 

I find her annoying, but definitely less infuriating than another panelist. (CCB.) Also, Raven strikes me as still thinking of herself as a teenager , as if she's stuck in that spot.

• Love 3