Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Shakedown

• Start Topic

(edited)

I laughed out loud at Nathan using a hot pink hair dryer and hot pink brush. I'm not looking for pity saying this, but, as someone who has been trying to conceive for 2 years with no luck, I am appalled at the way Jenelle and Nathan treat their "kids". Barb is the real mother of Jace, the scene where she was riding the tricycle with him, it really showed she spends time to play with him while Jenelle could careless. She's always on her phone around him. And to leave Kaiser for the week without even a second thought. Now, yes, I understand it's nice to get away but the way they both kept saying how nice it is to be kid less for the week. Blah. Jenelle, I'll show you stress! It angers me she can just get pregnant and then not give a F. Sorry, had to get that anger out! Jenelle lives at the beach, doesn't work, only has one baby to watch, and can get pregnant on command, that is not stress!

Edited by CourtneyCourt
  • Love 18

Also, why was Leah drinking a mimosa at dinner?

A nice dinner without kids, just adults, yet still need to play on their phones instead of you know, talking to each other. Go Janelle

I thought it was pretty funny when she got the mimosa because she seemed to have no idea what it was. They brought out the bottle with the rest of the champagne and she couldn't figure out what it was for. It seems she saw a cool sounding drink and ordered it. She did say 'it's pretty good' or something like that.

• Love 2

During that St. Thomas trip we know there was a fight about the family and friends who also went on MTV's dime via Nathan and Jenelle's earnings. I posted a link to that story. What I didn't know was, Jenelle wished death upon her brother-in-law who had gone to Iraq. She screams that she wished he had died like his friend had died. Here is the video:

And here I thought my opinion of this bitch couldn't get any lower.

Who does and says shit like this? If any doctor I ever went to hired this POS, I'd quit going.

Hate.her.

• Love 5

I don't get all the heat about the word "commode."  It's a different word for toilet or bathroom used regionally.  Get over it, people.  It's really not that big of a deal.  There's plenty to harp on Leah about (including those godawful sugar barrels she plies her kids with then wonders why they're little terrors) than her use of a particular (correct) word.

Jenelle and Nathan.  I can't.  They're just SO freaking trashy it kills me.  And they harp on Barb because people like that cannot take responsibility for their own actions, they NEED to blame someone else for all of their mistakes.  Jenelle will never be able to admit she doesn't have Jace because she's unfit so she has to demonize Barb and act like it's all some sort of evil plot of Barb's to keep her away from Jace.

And Kail and Javi.  Wow.  I remember having those fights with boyfriends in high school and in my early twenties, which is why I'm grateful I wasn't getting married and popping out kids that young. They're just not mature enough to be married with children.  If you're "at your breaking point" after a year of marriage, you never should have gotten married in the first place.

• Love 2

It's sad that people who live with chronic pain are now treated like criminals. 

Everyone is treated like that. I broke two fingers a few months ago and waited a couple of weeks to seek help. I never took anything for it besides ibuprofen. My PCP referred me to a hand surgeon. Before I even saw the guy one time, I had to give them a urine sample. And I still was never given a prescription for pain killers. I guess that's thanks to gems like Leah. @@@@

• Love 7
(edited)

Everyone is treated like that. I broke two fingers a few months ago and waited a couple of weeks to seek help. I never took anything for it besides ibuprofen. My PCP referred me to a hand surgeon. Before I even saw the guy one time, I had to give them a urine sample. And I still was never given a prescription for pain killers. I guess that's thanks to gems like Leah. @@@@

I have had some injuries and surgeries where I was offered Vicodin or some other pain killer. In fact, I have some pain killers sitting in my cabinet because I just can't deal with using them. My body is either immune to them or, I can't deal with how they end up keeping me awake rather than making the pain go away. A lot of doctors are very careful when giving out prescriptions but, that doesn't actually mean everyone of them is not doling out prescriptions for them. I have gotten some crazy little looks from surgeons when I have TURNED DOWN their prescription for pain killers. I always tell them I can deal with the pain.

let's be clear, while I don't think Jenelle "deserves" anything when it comes to Jace, Barb was acting like a 13-year-old. She wasn't keeping Jace from Jenelle for his own good or because Jenelle was engaging in dangerous behavior or anything. It was just personal because her feelings were hurt.

ghoulina, I actually felt Barb was not behaving in any bad way by not accepting Jenelle's phone calls, unlike some of the other examples where I felt people on this show were behaving in a  passive-aggressive manner, I felt Barb was avoiding another verbal smack down from Jenelle. It has happened too many times where Jenelle causes drama on the phone. Maybe Barb is laying out a boundary and telling Jenelle in her own way, I won't let you disrespect me.  The last call she had with her so-called daughter, all she got was her screaming, yelling, and cursing her out. Not once did Jenelle think of Jace in that moment. It was all about Jenelle, as always. All the times Jenelle has gone over to "see Jace" it ends up with Jenelle fighting with her mom, putting her down, cursing her out and ignoring Jace. Jenelle then runs out the door and never even acknowledges her poor son.  Jenelle has had plenty of opportunities to see Jace. Now, it suddenly hits her that she wants to hear from him before she goes away on a trip.

Forgot to mention this in the last episode. I hate, hate, hate that so-called antique dresser Nathan bought Jenelle. It looks a bit like leopard spots have been painted on it.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

I loved it when Ali stuck her fingers in her ears and smiled during all the chaos at Leah's.  I think she's used to being the smartest person in the room.

Would it kill Leah to do something with the girlses hair? Aderall doesn't have any so she'd only have to do something with the twins' hair.  It doesn't take much time to run a brush through it and put it in a ponytail.   I remember one time when Corey and Miranda had them and they were wearing cute, clean matching outfits and had their hair combed and styled.  They looked so cute.  I think it's the same episode where Gracie was eating a banana when they were on their way to the zoo.  She'd be a different kid after spending a month with Corey and Miranda.  I think a being on a schedule and eating a better diet would make a world of difference in her.

• Love 10
(edited)

I have had some injuries and surgeries where I was offered Vicodin or some other pain killer. In fact, I have some pain killers sitting in my cabinet because I just can't deal with using them. My body is either immune to them or, I can't deal with how they end up keeping me awake rather than making the pain go away. A lot of doctors are very careful when giving out prescriptions but, that doesn't actually mean everyone of them is not doling out prescriptions for them. I have gotten some crazy little looks from surgeons when I have TURNED DOWN their prescription for pain killers. I always tell them I can deal with the pain.

This. So many times I have seen doctors giving out unnecessary prescriptions. Like my idiot brother who just got out of jail after three years for yet another drug-related crime. Less than a week out and he has a doctor who prescribed him Suboxone (opiate), Xanax (benzo) (!), and Adderall(!!) (amphetamine)*. All from one sketchy doctor. A psychiatrist who specializes in substance abuse counseling for christ sake. And he has pulled this several times with several doctors. The same three combo platter. It makes me see red that people like this- who are obvious junkies can get multiple unnecessary prescriptions while honest people in need are paying a price. I guess it depends on the doctor. Sadly, I don't find it hard to believe that Leah with her TM2 money has an opiate prescription for "headaches". An opiate/benzo combo of prescriptions should be a huge red flag to any doctor! There are many doctors who do the right thing, and there are many who don't.

*Not to be confused with the spawn of Leah.

Re: Kail. I don't blame her friends for vehemently agreeing with her. They know that if they don't, She-Hulk will kick their asses out of the car, and no concert for them! No more entertainment on MTV's dime. Can't believe Kail saying she would never want her kid's to be in relationship like hers, and they both know whats coming. Those are big words! Agree that Kail sees men as some kind of necessary evil or something. I can't quite picture her being the swoony in love type. That would require some kind of positive emotions.

Re: Janelle. Why is she never excited about anything? It's like she has no capacity for emotion aside from anger or hysterical sobbing. She's clearly mentally ill (and a horrible person). ETA: I take back what I said about Janelle- there are times where she does get excited. Right before she knows shes about to have an excuse for a crying breakdown or argument. She gets this giddy little smirk on her face. When she said, "Oh she hung up on me" about her mother- that was probably the happiest I've ever seen her face look. She looked happier in that moment than when she was proposed to or got her vacation tickets on her birthday.

Re; Chelsea. After reading about the controversy, I just watched the scene where she was talking about Adam v. Cole. Aubree is sitting on the couch between Lois and Chelsea while they bash Adam. When Chelsea says, "What I could have been stuck with" Aubree is in frame on the same spot of the couch. Right after Chelsea says, "He's a hot piece of ass." Lois asks, "Aubree what do you think of Cole?" Aubree was shown twice during the conversation. Both times in the same spot and never got up to move or leave the room. I don't think that this one can be blamed on editing. I specifically watched that scene for any shaky editing after reading about it here and didn't see anything tricky or false. And for the record I like Chelsea and have no secret motivation to make her look bad.

Why are the camera crew a part of TM1 and not TM2? Is it because the Teen Mom OG's have no one else to converse with?

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 3

ghoulina, I actually felt Barb was not behaving in any bad way by not accepting Jenelle's phone calls, unlike some of the other examples where I felt people on this show were behaving in a passive-aggressive manner, I felt Barb was avoiding another verbal smack down from Jenelle. It has happened too many times where Jenelle causes drama on the phone. Maybe Barb is laying out a boundary and telling Jenelle in her own way, I won't let you disrespect me. The last call she had with her so-called daughter, all she got was her screaming, yelling, and cursing her out. Not once did Jenelle think of Jace in that moment. It was all about Jenelle, as always. All the times Jenelle has gone over to "see Jace" it ends up with Jenelle fighting with her mom, putting her down, cursing her out and ignoring Jace. Jenelle then runs out the door and never even acknowledges her poor son. Jenelle has had plenty of opportunities to see Jace. Now, it suddenly hits her that she wants to hear from him before she goes away on a trip.

ghoulina, I actually felt Barb was not behaving in any bad way by not accepting Jenelle's phone calls, unlike some of the other examples where I felt people on this show were behaving in a passive-aggressive manner, I felt Barb was avoiding another verbal smack down from Jenelle. It has happened too many times where Jenelle causes drama on the phone. Maybe Barb is laying out a boundary and telling Jenelle in her own way, I won't let you disrespect me. The last call she had with her so-called daughter, all she got was her screaming, yelling, and cursing her out. Not once did Jenelle think of Jace in that moment. It was all about Jenelle, as always. All the times Jenelle has gone over to "see Jace" it ends up with Jenelle fighting with her mom, putting her down, cursing her out and ignoring Jace. Jenelle then runs out the door and never even acknowledges her poor son. Jenelle has had plenty of opportunities to see Jace. Now, it suddenly hits her that she wants to hear from him before she goes away on a trip.

Yes! I'll be damned if a phone call would keep me from my child if I wanted to see them, especially if I was leaving the country for a week. I don't blame Barb for not answering her phone. And if Jenelle wanted to see Jace so badly she should have driven to see him. Stop blaming Barb that she won't allow her to see her son, unless she is court ordered to have only limited contact/ visitation with him?. (maybe she does have imitations and I'm not aware...)

• Love 3
BUUUT I have no idea why those kids were put into time out? She told the older one "no you can't have these I'll get you a different kind" her kid whined, kids whine-- it's annoying... I don't understand why she was put into time out for it? Leah escalated the situation unnecessarily

I'm not a child education expert but I'd guess it was because despite all her talk a few seasons ago about working or going to school, Leah has never taken a parenting class or read a parenting book or hell, even a parenting magazine.  Add in that she is completely overwhelmed and has been since almost Day One and I'm surprised those girls aren't running wild more often.  Her whole refusal of Corey's one week with him and one with her has to be about the child support because otherwise I can't imagine why she wouldn't jump at an offer like that and give herself some time to attempt to get it together. 

As for Jo and Vee, I feel for Vee. She wants to be with Jo, but she has a life here and she doesn't feel like she's in a place to move and his moving reasons aren't her moving reasons. It sucks, because it's not like he's being unfair or that she can complain about his decision. He's not moving just for the sake of moving where she can say, "What about me?" It's so he can be closer to his son. She can't really argue with that.

I might be wrong but I had the feeling that Vee was waiting for a marriage proposal - she wasn't just going to abandon her job/friends/family etc. to follow Jo without one and I don't blame her.    Especially the way he put it all on her - I would have not only passed but left as well.  

I couldn't figure out how Nathan paid for the trip and then I read here he paid for the whole gang?  So Nathan "surprised" Jenelle with a trip for him, his brother and girlfriend, and buddy and girlfriend all with Jenelle's money?  Wow.  I almost feel sorry for Jenelle. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Yes! I'll be damned if a phone call would keep me from my child if I wanted to see them, especially if I was leaving the country for a week. I don't blame Barb for not answering her phone. And if Jenelle wanted to see Jace so badly she should have driven to see him. Stop blaming Barb that she won't allow her to see her son, unless she is court ordered to have only limited contact/ visitation with him?. (maybe she does have imitations and I'm not aware...)

Remember what Chelsea's attorney told her? Parents will move mountains and do just about anything to see their kids. Jenelle put distance between her and Jace because she was following Nathan to live with him. This is not a parent. This girl doesn't give a rat's ass about Jace.  This girl, like Leah, puts dick before her kid. Jenelle puts everyone before Jace. Jenelle has had plenty of opportunities to spend time with Jace, to go to court to get custody, (as if a judge would allow that to happen). Instead, this bitch spends money for vacations. She doesn't take her mother on a vacation. That poor woman deserves it more than those two assholes (Nathan and Jenelle). What the fuck do those two yahoos need a vacation from?

I have a feeling Nathan is pushing and pushing this whole thing about Barb, making claims that she is this evil witch as a ploy to get Jenelle to get Jace and to cut her mother out of her life. He wants that MTV money for himself! And, whatever else is up his sleeve. 

Wow.  I almost feel sorry for Jenelle.

I don't. Barb tried to warn Jenelle, but she wouldn't listen. Now, she will pay the price.

Next week, the previews show us that Nathan doesn't even give two shits about Jace. As if I needed proof of it.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

I thought it was pretty funny when she got the mimosa because she seemed to have no idea what it was. They brought out the bottle with the rest of the champagne and she couldn't figure out what it was for. It seems she saw a cool sounding drink and ordered it. She did say 'it's pretty good' or something like that.

That was the funniest, mismatched dinner ever. Leah looked like she stepped out of a DeLorean and was drinking a mimosa at what looked like a booth in Applebee's, while the girl sitting across from her was all decked out in her fancy c/o 94 'Seniors Rule!' pink hooded sweatshirt.

Baby Adderall creeps me out. She still looks like a newborn, so I'm always freaked out when she starts speaking or walking or requesting a purple "Lil Hug."

• Love 9

Watching right now and lmao to see Jenelle wrapped in a blanket, crying because she needs custody of Jace. That's like the 100th time she's been wrapped in a blanket whining about "fighting" for custody of that poor kid. So fake except she lives wrapped in a blanket. And speaking of fake, Leah was a little too excited to pass her drug test. Her fake 'I knew I'd pass' face was hilarious.

• Love 5
(edited)

Baby Adderall creeps me out. She still looks like a newborn, so I'm always freaked out when she starts speaking or walking or requesting a purple "Lil Hug."

Oh I thought it was just me! Is it bc she has no hair yet?

Edited by redgurl
  • Love 3
(edited)

When Nathan begins his "proposal" jenipples is on her phone and not even paying attention. He talks to the other diners. Not HER. He is such a moron

Edited by redgurl
  • Love 4

I might be wrong but I had the feeling that Vee was waiting for a marriage proposal - she wasn't just going to abandon her job/friends/family etc. to follow Jo without one and I don't blame her. Especially the way he put it all on her - I would have not only passed but left as well.

Couldn't agree more.

• Love 4

When Nathan begins his "proposal" jenipples is on her phone and not even paying attention. He talks to the other diners. Not HER. He is such a moron

What month did he propose and are they still together?

Remember what Chelsea's attorney told her? Parents will move mountains and do just about anything to see their kids. Jenelle put distance between her and Jace because she was following Nathan to live with him.

Compare that to Jo who is moving to Delaware to be close to his son.  He's always been a good father especially given his age. Jace needs a father like Jo.

• Love 4

Jenipples must have financed that trip for all of those people because who would "choose" to vacation with those two on their own dime?

And just think. They could have hired a damn good attorney to get custody of Jace with the money they threw away on that vacation. But then again they needed to get away from their oh so stressful lives so I guess it was a necessity.

• Love 7

Jenipples must have financed that trip for all of those people because who would "choose" to vacation with those two on their own dime?

And just think. They could have hired a damn good attorney to get custody of Jace with the money they threw away on that vacation. But then again they needed to get away from their oh so stressful lives so I guess it was a necessity.

Yep. They all went because they wanted to be on TV. Can you imagine being on vacation with those idiots? You'd spend the entire time waiting for the inevitable knockdown drag out. 

Listening to them piss and moan about how stressful their lives are with one infant (who seems to spend a lot of time with Nipple's mom) really makes people believe the really want to have Jace full time. Wonder how Nipple's quest to get custody of his daughter back is going? HAHAHA!

• Love 3
(edited)

Jenipples must have financed that trip for all

Yes, that is what happened. That is why they all got into a massive fight in St. Thomas. Jenelle was pissed that it was her MTV money that was used to pay for everyone there. Nipples also likely used her money to buy her that damn ring. LOL 

I don't know if MTV will air that footage. I posted links to the story on the previous episode thread, and I posted the video that someone videotaped on their cell phone on the previous page, In that video, Jenelle wishes Nipples brother had died in combat in Iraq where he served duty. She also brought up his friend who was killed and suddenly all hell breaks loose. Can't say I blame them for being pissed.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3

Yes, that is what happened. That is why they all got into a massive fight in St. Thomas. Jenelle was pissed that it was her MTV money that was used to pay for everyone there. Nipples also likely used her money to buy her that damn ring. LOL 

I don't know if MTV will air that footage. I posted links to the story on the previous episode thread, and I posted the video that someone videotaped on their cell phone on the previous page, In that video, Jenelle wishes Nipples brother had died in combat in Iraq where he served duty. She also brought up his friend who was killed and suddenly all hell breaks loose. Can't say I blame them for being pissed.

Jeeze, I hope they air that footage! I want to know if everyone left the two assholes there to kill each other and went home. 

So, Jenelle must have a joint bank account with Nipples if he has access to her money to buy plane tickets, hotel rooms and engagement rings. When she was talking about their horribly stressful lives, she said that Nipples was getting ready to 'graduate', too. Do we know what he was going to school for? A degree in how to avoid paying child support, how to make people nauseated just by looking at you, how to find a woman even more ignorant than yourself and con her into supporting you?

• Love 10
(edited)

When Chelsea mom mentioned something like ,"You would move mountains to see your kid."  I immediately thought, no Janelle.  She will put on her fake crying act and run off to St Thomas. (I had to laugh when she said it was a vacation from Kids. You never have your kids!!!) If my mom was Barbara and she wasn't answering you better bet I would be showing up at her house to see my son before I left.  She could have seen him.  She didn't "move mountains" that's for sure.

ETA: I didn't realize some of this has already been mentioned.  Just now catching up after work.

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 1

On to Chelsea for a bit. When her mom asked her if Adam was there, Chelsea was annoyed at the question. Rightly so. Chelsea made a comment to her mom that eerily sounded just like something Farrah would say to Debra. The only difference, and big difference was, Chelsea responded very calmly to her and without any fucked up attitude.

On to Javi and Kail. Javi can't fool me with his so-called apology. That trip to Pittsburgh was to make sure Kail didn't have any fun without him and to make sure she wasn't fucking around behind his back. He made it an issue that he wouldn't pick up Isaac, but he could sure drive to Pittsburgh in the late evening. Way to go asshole. 

His comment in the previous episode about Kail not enjoying herself when they go out together or her not having fun with him, had me saying to the television real loud - HELLO?!  Javi is on the late train. He barely realized his wife is dead behind the eyes when it comes to him? Geez. There is no affection between those two. There doesn't seem to be much going on there but two assholes who are bent on making each other miserable. Kail yells "divorce" just about as much as Jermy did to Leah.

• Love 3

It's a mostly southern thing, I think. I'm from southern Va. and could count on my fingers the number of times I've used the world "toilet" instead of "commodes".

I know! I'm kinda feeling ashamed I've used the word.  I'm in Texas.  I'll never use that word again.  :X

• Love 1

Mkay, I'm from Texas too, and we've always used the words "toilet" and "commode" interchangeably. (The crazy things these girls have us talking about!)

Hahahaha Yep!

• Love 2
(edited)

Real question, no snark: it seems as though Leah's mouth is changing (I know that sounds weird but bear with me). Is one of the effects of prescription med abuse, or even drug abuse, a change in the mouth? I can't really describe it, it looks more pinched or something. Am I crazy?

Hmmm...I have noticed that she's starting to look a lot more like Mama Dawn in the face as she ages, particularly around her mouth area, if that makes sense.

I remember at one of her soccer games last year he brought quite a few friends. It's like he can never go to any of her events alone. Have his parents ever made an appearance?

When Aubree ran to Adam & he picked her up and hugged her, she waved to and kept looking at an older couple behind Adam. They (or at least the man) waved back. The couple had their faces blurred. I'm pretty sure they're Adam's parents. (And if I was one of Adam' s parents you better believe I wouldn't want to show my face on national TV.)

ETA: "Boar of a wife" is an accurate description, which begs the question- what exactly DOES Kail bring to the table? She's not pleasant, she's not attractive, she's abrasive and bossy and manipulative, and she comes with a ton of baggage. Really, if Kail is cheating on Javi, Javi should be thanking the other guy.

MTV Money. Book deal money. MTV "fame."

Seriously, when I think about the fact that an enlisted guy and a dental assistant (who isn't currently working outside of the home) own close to a $300k home (you can check out Kail's thread here to see that info on her new house) & drive a Mercedes (& I think their other car is a big expensive newish SUV), I question why my husband and I went to college. Apparently we should have just sought out MTV reality show gigs. Every time the MTV cameras showed Kail's car on the way to the concert with its Mercedes insignia on it, I got a little star by. No way would they be able to afford that stuff without MTV. Javi's gotta have friends who are other enlisted people and their spouses who have jobs that would pay around what a dental assistant would make - and he's gotta know losing Kail means losing that lifestyle.

Also, Lincoln is so ridiculously cute. Kaiser must have inherited Jenelle's love of laying around. I believe the St Thomas vacation/fight was in January. I think Kaiser would have been six months old. My son was scooting and rolling around and would not be cool just laying around by himself while awake while my husband and I got dressed, complained about Barb, had melt downs on the stairs (which were clearly devoid of real tears - I see you, Jenelle), and whatever else they were doing while pretty much ignoring the baby. They are so lucky they got such a chill baby. Or at least Kaiser is lucky he's so chill, easy going, and not super curious, because then Jenelle and Nathan wouldn't be able to just plunk him in a swing, etc for long stretches of time.

I rolled my eyes so hard when Leah said Jeremy's mom was watching Addie so she could have a break. Some of you may remember that on last week's episode's thread I went on an epic rant about all the help Leah has. Yeah, she needs a break all right....

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 4

I haven't ever felt it appropriate to use the word toilet or vomit, especially as dinner conversation. I don't think anyone wants to hear either of those words, and I don't want to say them!

If communicating that info is essential, a simple "I got sick" would suffice.

• Love 4

They are so lucky they got such a chill baby. Or at least Kaiser is lucky he's so chill, easy going, and not super curious, because then Jenelle and Nathan wouldn't be able to just plunk him in a swing, etc for long stretches of time.

She is not breastfeeding, is she?  Just wondering if the little guy is being drugged.I would think she wouldn't care enough to nurse him, especially if that meant she had to be clean & sober.. (Not saying bottlefeeding moms don't care about their babies, btw!  I have both nursed and bottlefed my own. BYKWIM, I hope.)

• Love 1
(edited)

She is not breastfeeding, is she? Just wondering if the little guy is being drugged.I would think she wouldn't care enough to nurse him, especially if that meant she had to be clean & sober.. (Not saying bottlefeeding moms don't care about their babies, btw! I have both nursed and bottlefed my own. BYKWIM, I hope.)

I believe I read that Jenelle breastfed for the first month after his birth, so he wasn't being breastfed when the episode was taped.

And I know what you mean and it did cross my mind. I just didn't want to put that out into the universe so I did not type it....because I hope for the roll it's not true. All babies are different and maybe theirs is just really chill and cool with hanging out awake quietly on his back all the time? I can only speak for my baby and he wouldn't have any of that for too long.

(edited)

Kail and Javi talking about their marriage problems reminded me of this dialogue from "Gone Girl":

Nick Dunne: "...all we did was resent each other, try to control each other. We caused each other pain."

Amy Dunne: "That's marriage."

Also, I have to give props for Miranda for wanting to take on Corey's twins - one of whom has special needs and the other seems to have some behavior & attention issues, to say the least - every other week and be their main caregiver while Corey works. My guess is most girls would run for the hills if they thought they'd end up being the main person caring for Gracie's mean/out of control behind every other week.

From their scenes together, Jeremy clearly has no Fs left to give about Leah or their marriage.

I think baby Addie will grow into her looks and be a nice looking kid. I think part of it is her lack of hair. I also remember many people commenting on how Isaac wasn't such a cute baby but I think he's turned into a cute kid for sure. (Not all babies can be Lincoln levels of cuteness from birth to bear suit to pure cuteness coming down a slide. If all babies were that cute, none of us would ever get anything done because we'd all be stuck staring at them and going "squee!")

• Love 9
(edited)

Leah's twin, with her unkempt look from hair to toe, her violent tendencies, and those spooky eyes? SCARY!

*shudder* She gives me the heebie jeebies. Something about those blue eyes of hers. I love blue eyes, but Leah's twin's eyes are not at all beautiful. I don't know if it is because they are too light or what. I'd be scared to go to sleep anywhere near that child. She might stab my eyes out with several number two pencils. 

They are so lucky they got such a chill baby. Or at least Kaiser is lucky he's so chill, easy going, and not super curious, because then Jenelle and Nathan wouldn't be able to just plunk him in a swing, etc for long stretches of time.

Of course they would spend money on that baby device that moves up and down. Those two are so fucking lazy, they can't be bothered to rock their child on their own.

One thing that drives me crazy, is the fact that Kaiser is drinking his bottle while laying flat on his back. I was told many moons ago by my first child's pediatrician, to never lay a baby on their back as they drink from their bottle. One reason is ear infections can occur. I am copying and pasting the following:

Drinking while lying down may also block the eustachian tubes.  If the eustachian tubes are blocked, fluid in the ear cannot drain normally. If bacteria grow in the middle ear fluid, an effusion can become a middle ear infection (acute otitis). This will usually increase pressure behind the eardrum and cause a lot of pain. The eardrum will become red and bulging.

Hearing Nipples and Jenelle screaming and yelling isn't good for Kaiser's ears either.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

She did look shocked as hell that she passed. The test they used in her case looked for the presence of certain drugs, not the levels. Before she tested, she filled out a form declaring what prescriptions she's taking. She's told us she's taking something for anxiety, so that would cover benzodiazepines (valium, xanax, ativan, klonopin, etc) and pain pills for headaches. The pain pills would would account for the presence of opiates in her test. The lawyer did say they tested for heroin specifically and it wasn't present. So, I'd say she passed on a technicality. She was supposed to have benzos and opiates in her system because she has a scrip for them. Like I said upthread, I believe there's a 99% chance that she's eating her pills like candy and buying more when she runs out. I hope Corey did some research and/or his lawyer is aware of different testing methods that not only look for the presence of drugs but also measure the levels. Since Germy finally had enough and bailed, I'm hoping he and Corey got together to compare notes and demanded more sophisticated testing to keep their kids safe. If she's been buying pills, Germy would have a whole lot of unexplained missing money on his list of reasons to believe she's an addict as well. Pills on the street are quite spendy.

There is something weird about that test. It was pointed to us several times (to prepare us viewers for her positive drug test?) that Leah is on prescription opiates for "headaches" so shouldn't the test say "positive" for opiates? I paused DVR to see and it clearly said negative for each specific drug group that she was tested for. Since she has prescription shouldn't she test positive and it would still be OK? I don't get it.

• Love 3
One thing that drives me crazy, is the fact that Kaiser is drinking his bottle while laying flat on his back. I was told many moons ago by my first child's pediatrician, to never lay a baby on their back as they drink from their bottle. One reason is ear infections can occur. I am copying and pasting the following:

They really are the laziest MFers around. OMG....my youngest is 10 and that time has flown by. They don't even appreciate that have a very short time to love on that baby and hold him while he takes a bottle. (I think you are also not supposed to let a baby have a bottle in the crib because the can fall asleep with it and the milk can pool by their teeth and cause decay.) They're too wrapped up in themselves to give two shits about that little boy - nothing new there since neither one of them even tries to get their individual kids more. She tries to fool us by baby talking about how cute his little shirt is as she's doing laundry. Ain't buying it.

On top of the shitty parents, he's stuck with that name.

• Love 3
(edited)

Leah's evil twin child. This is how I view her, except this child's hair is combed. Sorry for this huge photo. My first time figuring out the image thingy: 4DTwCZr.png

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 21
(edited)

I can't stand Jenelle and I think she is an awful person, but, even she is too good for Nipples. (Thank you to whoever came up with that moniker, it is perfect!) I couldn't dislike this 'Nathan' any more if I was paid to. What a twat. And he's homely like it's his career. The only thing uglier than his face is his personality. Just yuck. He knows exactly what he's doing and he's just so proud of how he's playing everything yet he doesn't even realize he's not even GOOD or subtle, Jenelle is just that dumb and needy to fall for his bullshit. 

Jenelle seems to think that Barb should run her life based on Jenelle's whims and have Jace available whenever the hell Jenelle wants to see him. How infuriating, I wouldn't take her calls either. Jenelle has a lot of nerve considering she just informed her mom she was going on this vacation and would therefore not be taking Jace at the previously designated days/times she and Barb had planned on. Didn't ask, TOLD. But she is totes his mom, yo. Plus, Jenelle doesn't answer the phone when Barb calls her, as evidenced in the last episode, so why the hell should Barb answer for her? How is this not obvious, even to her stupid ass? Anyone who can't see through Jenelle by now is willfully ignorant, in my opinion. She really thinks that she's going to be given full custody and all rights will be 100% gone from Barb just like that? Ha, ok. Those trashbag losers pontificating about Barb and her motivations, etc was just unreal. Sure, these people will butter your ass up and agree with whatever you say Jenelle, they're on the vacation YOU paid for are probably drunk and doped the hell up. That blond chick literally looks like a chick who should be in a Nevada brothel...put on a bit more makeup.

I'm from the Northern Midwest and the annoyingness of Chelsea and her family's accents, especially her mom, is overwhelming to even me. Damn, learn to use the 'g' in 'ing' words, at least sometimes, please... Her mom is just so dense as well. Yeah, ask about Cole meeting Adam just then when Adam is rightfuckingthere within listening range. And this isn't the first time we've seen her dumb out like that, haha. Taylor seems trashy to me. I know Adam's record is horrible and definitely long but I laughed when the guy said 26 pages and Chelsea said - 'yeah, it's like a book' - I could definitely see her not ever reading books more than 26 pages, haha.

Kailyn and Javi's relationship is verrrry high school. It is a shame that there are two kids involved. It's great to see Jo wiling to move to be nearer to Isaac. I've never been a fan but he seems like a great father. Vee seemed checked out of their relationship and in the past it seemed like she was the one pushing for the relationship. I expected her to jump at the offer to move to DE with Jo. I guess things are better in real time? Hopefully considering they're having a child together now too.

Leah - "I dropped the girlseseses *somewhere* so I could have a night off" - hahahahaha, laughing forever at that one. IF you pass...shouldn't she know if she is going to pass or not? If it were my voice over and I really wasn't doing anything extra I would have said WHEN I pass..not IF. She looks nervous and guilty as hell waiting for the results. Guess they didn't do the special test people were wondering about in the other episode thread because how the hell else did she pass? It definitely looks like she is yelling at one more girlseseses in the clip for next time. Yikes.

GreatKazu - that looks JUST like her! But...thanks for the nightmares! D=

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 5

I noticed in that screen shot for the drug test it showed the amount they were testing for and I think the result of what they found, if anything?  I don't know enough about the tests/results to understand it though, other than it said NEGATIVE all down the side.

Maybe that expensive drug-removing shampoo really does work... it would explain why she was surprised, like "yes, it worked!"

I have only been nervous once when getting a drug test and it was because I had been around a bunch of people who were smoking pot really heavily at a wedding reception the weekend before. I don't even smoke but I reeked of it for days, even though I spent most of the time outside. I told the drug test people about it before the test and they said it shouldn't matter, but I was still nervous. Granted Leah had more to potentially lose, but she looked a heckuva lot more nervous than she should have (in my opinion).

• Love 2
(edited)

This. So many times I have seen doctors giving out unnecessary prescriptions. Like my idiot brother who just got out of jail after three years for yet another drug-related crime. Less than a week out and he has a doctor who prescribed him Suboxone (opiate), Xanax (benzo) (!), and Adderall(!!) (amphetamine)*. All from one sketchy doctor. A psychiatrist who specializes in substance abuse counseling for christ sake. And he has pulled this several times with several doctors. The same three combo platter. It makes me see red that people like this- who are obvious junkies can get multiple unnecessary prescriptions while honest people in need are paying a price. I guess it depends on the doctor. Sadly, I don't find it hard to believe that Leah with her TM2 money has an opiate prescription for "headaches". An opiate/benzo combo of prescriptions should be a huge red flag to any doctor! There are many doctors who do the right thing, and there are many who don't.

Why are the camera crew a part of TM1 and not TM2? Is it because the Teen Mom OG's have no one else to converse with?

Suboxone isn't an opiate. It's actually the medication they give opiate addicts, it blocks the opiate receptors in the brain so the opiates have no effect on you.

I agree on the other part I quoted. I was looking forward to seeing the crew on this show too. I wonder if it's the same crew from the other show. I wonder if this crew fights to be the crew with Chelsea. She seems like she'd be the easiest to work with. I bet they have to draw straws to see who gets stuck with Jenelle.

Your explanation for the crews absence is hilarious and probably true. I can't think of another reason they did it on the OG show.

Granimal, I love your name. It reminds me of the old Garanimals clothes. My kids loved those because it was easy for them to pick their own clothes.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 3

Leah's evil twin child. This is how I view her, except this child's hair is combed. Sorry for this huge photo. My first time figuring out the image thingy: 4DTwCZr.png

"Except her hair is combed" HA HA HA

Yes, that's her!  Right down to her sparse hair, demon child eyes, and janky, sugar-rotted teeth.

• Love 6

The concert Kail went to was in Philly, not Pittsburgh. Philly isn't that far from DE (depending which part and I dunno [or care] where Kail and Javi live) and you can get there within an hour...so Javi and the other dude going into the city to hang with the girls isn't that farfetched. When I used to go to Philly a lot in my younger years for clubs and such I knew plenty of folks who regularly came out from NJ and DE. Although I totally agree that Javi hanging out wasn't so innocent and fun, and it was more of a way to keep tabs than kick back and have a good time.

My grandma uses the word commode, and she lives in TN. I dunno if that makes it a southern thing, or an old person thing....or both?

• Love 1

She is not breastfeeding, is she? Just wondering if the little guy is being drugged.I would think she wouldn't care enough to nurse him, especially if that meant she had to be clean & sober.. (Not saying bottlefeeding moms don't care about their babies, btw! I have both nursed and bottlefed my own. BYKWIM, I hope.)

I don't have kids, but my mom always told me that bottle fed babies sleep through the night better, because formula kept them full longer than breastfed babies, who had to nurse more frequently. So with that understanding, I doubt Jenelle gave up her precious sleep for long.

Why was Peach wearing running tights to a concert in Philadelphia??

Paislee is a funny looking kid. I'm sure she'll grow into her looks eventually.

I don't have a problem with Adam bringing a buddy to the concert, especially if it's a sober buddy and he needed a ride (his parents may have come in a separate car).

• Love 1