Type keyword(s) to search

Strudel-Boy and Cawowine: Irritating Kids in Commercials

• Start Topic

Here is my thinking on this: they present the child in such a manner as to be comical. However, it can only actually be comical if it were so exaggerated as to be conspicuously absurd; ie implausible. But! because oh-so-many children have reached new levels of obnoxiousness in real life, rather than presenting as "so absurd it's funny"; it's just annoying, because it stays within the realm of possibility. Hell, we see children like this on youtube every day. So, it's not funny, it's just a reminder of all the obnoxious staged precocious child videos on the interwebs.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 3

Don't forget this annoying brat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFOrxeInKJE

I'm glad the mother put her foot down, more parents need to be like this in commercials. The little brat gonna talk to her mom in text talk and how it's no big deal how her mom has to pay a high cell phone bill and then gets a smart mouth with "IDK my bff Jill."

What the hell is this?

If Kmart clothes made my kids talk like this and act that way in school. I would never buy clothes from there.

I still get confused by commercials like the one with the kid texting.  Is this supposed to encourage me to buy a kid a cell phone to text on?  So she can lose her ability to speak like a rational human being?  I don't get what you accomplish with this ad, because I see it, and I start to think that texting will ruin a child's ability to speak in coherent sentences, not "wow, I should find a cheaper way for my child to lose her ability to speak clearly...."

As for the KMART one.  Ugh, "your momma jokes" can be so funny, so old school, why did KMART have to go and ruin them?

i don't see WTH was so special about this kid ether, I couldn't even understand what he was saying! Geeze, hand a mike  to any kid you get the exact same thing.

He is using repeatedly using a word he doesn't really know how to use.  I'm totally confused as to how thats anything remarkable and perhaps slightly annoying.  And all this attention he is getting means he is going to be using the word apparently all the damn time.  I couldn't even watch the entire clip.  Show me a kid break dancing, now thats amusing.

• Love 1

As soon as I saw this thread title that little Toyota Highlander brat was the first thing that popped into my head.  Walk or ride the bus, you little ingrate.  And to steal a punchline from comedian Nick DiPaolo, your hair makes you look like the third member of Bananarama.

As for the Welch's Grape Juice Bad Seed, I remember when it first aired someone posted on a message board that they could totally see her pouring that stuff at Jonestown.  It's things like that the interwebs were made for.

• Love 6

I'm using a laptop, windows 8.  I have installed mbam  and ad-block plus (a long time ago) and recently installed a script blocker, but I have allowed all with the script blocker, so I must be doing something wrong.  I'm so frustrated!

Sorry, you were posting exactly at the same time that I was!

I'm using a laptop, windows 8. I have installed mbam and ad-block plus (a long time ago) and recently installed a script blocker, but I have allowed all with the script blocker, so I must be doing something wrong. I'm so frustrated!

Sorry, you were posting exactly at the same time that I was!

PM David Cole. He can walk you through/ trouble shoot. Also maybe visit the Site Business How-To thread to see if someone has had a similar situation.

Thank you so much, Ruby! Now, please tell me what I am doing wrong! It doesn't even give me an option to paste in the box!

You're welcome :) Now, as for this commercial, if the kangaroo can talk and do crossword puzzles and shit (or whatever she was doing), then she needs to hop her ass over to the sink and start washing dishes. That, or start cooking. I'm gonna need two free hands to deal with the crumb-snatcher in the living room, since hubby ain't helping.

I love how every commercial with a child now is basically parents kowtowing to a child's demands so they won't act like a jerk. Oh I'm sorry, "having a tantrum." I don't even remember if we had a word for it, because all attempts at that behavior were cut off immediately.

It's called a "meltdown" now. I'm sick of brats and the stupid parents that created them.

• Love 8

Confession: Sometimes I go to YouTube and look up Cawowine, just so I can hate on her a little more. It is very cathartic.

New confession: I've actually come to not mind Cawowine, because every time she starts in about her teacher's dating habits, I distract myself from the Ew of it by saying, "Mawwiage. That bwessed awwangement. That dweam within a dweam."

• Love 14

So that Walmart woman saved $2.18 and thinks it's "MON-AY!"  That's really not a lot of savings.  Probably use it up in electricity re-charging that phone.

There's another Walmart commercial running where a lady went to a dollar store and now she's buying the same stuff at Walmart to see how much she could've saved by shopping there in the first place.  In the past, when they've had these commercials, they show a running total comparison chart.  I looked at this one and on MANY of the items, the dollar store was cheaper.  In the end, the grand total of savings was like the woman above: a little over $2.  Oh, big whoop.  Walmart's removed the chart from that particular commercial.  LOL.

• Love 1

OMG. Settled In last night to watch Rachel & Guy's Kid cooking show - first little brat on screen sounds just like Cawowine, Everyone commented on his cute little "accent". Bullshit. He's 10 and trying to charm with baby talk. Wanted to hurl the chardonnay right at the screen. Of course, they give him a whole bunch of talking heads.

• Love 1

I just can't with this little girl. She's not too bad until the end when she says it's so easy a parent can do it. What? Talk thru clenched teeth and forget how to move your lips? She turns into a ventriloquist dummy at the end.

Aww, I thought she was cute. And for many parents--including me--my kids know how to use my smart phone's features better than I do. But I agree that articulation isn't her strong suit.

OMG. Settled In last night to watch Rachel & Guy's Kid cooking show - first little brat on screen sounds just like Cawowine, Everyone commented on his cute little "accent". Bullshit. He's 10 and trying to charm with baby talk. Wanted to hurl the chardonnay right at the screen. Of course, they give him a whole bunch of talking heads.

I would have been wary at "reality kids cooking show" - because you know thats going to be a night full of brats that are called "charming" or "precocious" 

• Love 2

Look at this brat

Like this girl knows what minced is. If I was the mother I would say, you eat what the fuck I feed you. As far as fish sticks go I don't think kids are going to mind what brand it is as long as it's breaded and they can dip it in ketchup.

This bratty bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-uIgz-zSJ0

If she asked me what did I do to deserve the coffee, I would have said, "I restrained myself from not calling your school to tell them you're skipping." This girl scout is going to grow up to be a judgmental bitch because for her already, you can't get coffee without a valid reason.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 6

Maybe she's the Yogurt Bitch's daughter.

She is definitely a Yogurt Bitch in training.  You wanna know what I did to deserve this creamer...I bought it, so fuck you and the box of cookies you rode in on.

You people see what happens when you encourage kids to talk?  This is what comes out of them.  And why doesn't she go walk some dogs or something since she is so fucking great, because from where I'm sitting you look like a fucking stalker.

• Love 4

Oh, man, I hate that annoying little urchin.

Awww, I think she's adorable.

Though after hearing abt Care.com being sued because they didn't do a background check - ir a detailed one - and one of their sitters killed her charge, now I hate those commercials, but not the kid.

I saw a greeting card once that had a picture of a fish sticks box.  The front of the card said, "Mrs. Paul's Fish Sticks" ...inside it said, "Does yours?"

I can't see anything Mrs. Paul's anymore without thinking of that.

I don't know what this means, and I think I'm glad about that.

Awww, I think she's adorable.

Though after hearing abt Care.com being sued because they didn't do a background check - ir a detailed one - and one of their sitters killed her charge, now I hate those commercials, but not the kid.

That's horrible!

How did we get to this point, kow-towing to CHILDREN?  I despair.

Because every parent is afraid that children's services will be called if they try disciplining their kids in public. Sometimes by the kids themselves.

• Love 6

Speaking of kids run amok, I'm always taken aback by the Febreeze commercial in which said product is promoted to clean the air in a high-school boy's room so that "even the guests appreciate it" - then showing a teen girl coming in and inhaling appreciatively before closing the door. I guess I'm officially old, but back in my day my parents would have marched both of us downstairs by our ears if I brought a guest of the opposite sex into my bedroom and closed the door, no matter how clean the air smelled.

Edited by Stella MD
  • Love 8

There's a new commercial for the Exede satellite internet and there's a father and daughter sitting on their porch and being interviewed by someone and the interviewer is clearly talking to the father and every time he answers, his daughter interrupts him and finishes his sentences for him in a very rude way. If I was the father I would have knocked her off the porch for being rude and interrupting me.

• Love 1

That kid with the big glasses, plaid hat, and smart phone doing some faux hipster dialog...GAAAHHH!!

I don't even know what it's a commercial for, I just see red and hear the blood boil in my ears.  To borrow from Springsteen, it's like someone took a knife, baby, edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley through the middle of my soul.

Please, Lord, make that commercial go away.

• Love 7

That kid with the big glasses, plaid hat, and smart phone doing some faux hipster dialog...GAAAHHH!!

I don't even know what it's a commercial for, I just see red and hear the blood boil in my ears.  To borrow from Springsteen, it's like someone took a knife, baby, edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley through the middle of my soul.

Please, Lord, make that commercial go away.

Kindle Fire commercial. Hate to break it to you but there's a series of these commercials out now. I hate them with the intensity of a thousand suns.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 3

While I can't stand the little Grumpy Old Man in that commercial, the girl bugs me even more because of her weird speech patterns. What the hell is she saying when she prattles off the list of all the crap on her phone? Not only does it not sound like words, but something about the robotic/sing-songy way she pronounces the second thing in the list is worse than nails on a chalkboard. Is she the director's daughter? Did no children with normal articulation audition for this commercial? HATE.