Type keyword(s) to search

Strudel-Boy and Cawowine: Irritating Kids in Commercials

• Start Topic

Hey, Commercial Dad.  Your kid is not a future half of famer.  (Your kid is also not a good actor.)  And if your kid was so freaking stupid he would  run off the field to get a glass of bottled lemonade, he is also not going to be a Rhodes scholar.  Does he have a health condition that makes him so thirsty he can't wait?     

• Love 5
12 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Hey, Commercial Dad.  Your kid is not a future half of famer.  (Your kid is also not a good actor.)  And if your kid was so freaking stupid he would  run off the field to get a glass of bottled lemonade, he is also not going to be a Rhodes scholar.  Does he have a health condition that makes him so thirsty he can't wait?     

Have you ever watched little kids play a sport?  Things like this happen all the time.  They are easily distracted by squirrels, clouds, and lemonade.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 7/28/2018 at 6:47 PM, peacheslatour said:

Argh, those kids in the tp commercial. I don't want to hear a bunch of insipid brats lisping about how clean they feel.

That one girl that is Cawowine v2.0 who is clean as a Cwistol Castle or Shimmuwing Mwuhmaid (depending on which version you see).  Really?  You can't hire actors without speech impediments? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/1/2018 at 7:37 AM, HighMaintenance said:

That one girl that is Cawowine v2.0 who is clean as a Cwistol Castle or Shimmuwing Mwuhmaid (depending on which version you see).  Really?  You can't hire actors without speech impediments? 

Terry Pratchett, in one of the Discworld books featuring Susan, snarked on the idea that lisping and other speech affectations make a small child "cute". There are some adults who seem to think that, I have no idea why.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Does talking baby talk to children create speech impediments? I was never one for baby talk. (Well, except for my cat but I don't expect that to affect her speech.) I

The ones that are physical and/or developmental, no - that's going to happen regardless. But they pick up words easier when they hear them done properly.

• Love 6

Baby Talk, Baby Talk, it's a wonder you can walk. - Buddy Hinton

"You stop that, Buddy Hinton! Because my parents are just crazy enough to teach my older brother something about boxing and he'll bop you!"

I wonder why Phil Mickelson's daughter didn't want to be in the commercials for Enbrel with him? They don't even show Not!Phil Mickelson's real daughter's face.

• Love 2
On 9/29/2018 at 7:41 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

On 9/30/2018 at 8:16 AM, Haleth said:

Have you ever watched little kids play a sport?  Things like this happen all the time.  They are easily distracted by squirrels, clouds, and lemonade.

LOL. When my son was 4, he played flag football and used to run off the field to get a snack from me. No health condition. He just liked snacks. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/8/2018 at 9:53 AM, mmecorday said:

"You stop that, Buddy Hinton! Because my parents are just crazy enough to teach my older brother something about boxing and he'll bop you!"

I wonder why Phil Mickelson's daughter didn't want to be in the commercials for Enbrel with him? They don't even show Not!Phil Mickelson's real daughter's face.

Maybe she's smart enough to realize that she's inherited his acting skills - which is to say, neither of them can act?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:47 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

Reminds me of an old Steve Martin routine about talking "wrong" to your kids, so that when they go to school, they raise their hands & say, "May I mambo dog-face to the banana peel?"

I still say that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

So I watch Cartoon Network occasionally (okay more than occasionally, don't judge me!) so I am, naturally, subjected to what may be the most annoying kid I ever heard on a commercial. She is the little screaming one on the LOL Dolls commercials Apparently her name is Mykal Michelle and I would link to a commercial but I cannot put myself through that torture, I'm sorry. Everytime she comes on I just want to pierce my eardrums with an ice pick.  And ear god, the amount of eye makeup they have put on her makes me cringe - and I love makeup and don't have a problem with kids wearing it.  I just can't with this kid.  

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, callie lee 29 said:

So I watch Cartoon Network occasionally (okay more than occasionally, don't judge me!) so I am, naturally, subjected to what may be the most annoying kid I ever heard on a commercial. She is the little screaming one on the LOL Dolls commercials Apparently her name is Mykal Michelle and I would link to a commercial but I cannot put myself through that torture, I'm sorry. Everytime she comes on I just want to pierce my eardrums with an ice pick.  And ear god, the amount of eye makeup they have put on her makes me cringe - and I love makeup and don't have a problem with kids wearing it.  I just can't with this kid.  

Stay far away from Nickelodeon when JoJo Siwa is on.  I experience the same thing.

• Love 1
(edited)

Here's a new Buick ad.

Look, you little jerk. You didn't buy the groceries, and aren't going to cook with them. You can at least take them a few feet into the kitchen. 

He wouldn't be allowed to use anything in my SUV with that attitude. 

Edited by InDueTime
  • Love 5

Has anyone nominated the entire Kars4Kids band? Because starting with the lead singer junior douche, I want to slap the shit out of all of them. Which is ironic because I think it's supposed to benefit children who suffer from abuse. I'm pretty sure the whole thing is some weird scam though, I mean how does me donating a boat to Kars4Kids somehow affect how much they're abused by their parents? Do they give the boat to the parents so they have something other than abuse their kids to do?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Has anyone nominated the entire Kars4Kids band?

Don't blame the kids, blame the adults who made the ad.  It was discussed earlier that Kars 4 Kids benefits some fundamentalist Jewish organization that's kind of sketchy (starting with the ad). But I hate having to hear that song over and over.

• Love 3

Somebody please tell that annoying little dancer girl with a tulle skirt and sneakers in the Chase commercial to please go away and not come back?  I can't remember the last time I've been so irritated by a child's spunky  ' Little Miss Thing' attitude.  Confidence is one thing, but her parents need to tell her to take it down a notch instead of fist-bumping her.  Her little shimmy dance on the first place podium while the 2nd and 3rd placers modestly stand there makes me want to knock her off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EC0EpKmBoE

• Love 4

All the kids in those mac & cheese ads who refuse to eat real food need to be stranded on a desert island where there's nothing to eat but bugs and raw fish with a side of seaweed. The little twit flatly spouting nonsense about his fake allergy and food colors that don't mix really makes the palm of my slappin' hand itch. And the girl who has to be bribed with French fries to get her to eat broccoli can go with them. I've also grown to hate the song that fires up while the little buggers triumphantly shovel dripping spoonfuls of that crap into their faces. 

These ads are on heavy rotation on the food channels unfortunately, so due to how much I love cooking competitions I see them too often. My own fault but still I bitch.

• Applause 1
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, CoderLady said:

All the kids in those mac & cheese ads who refuse to eat real food need to be stranded on a desert island where there's nothing to eat but bugs and raw fish with a side of seaweed. The little twit flatly spouting nonsense about his fake allergy and food colors that don't mix really makes the palm of my slappin' hand itch. And the girl who has to be bribed with French fries to get her to eat broccoli can go with them. I've also grown to hate the song that fires up while the little buggers triumphantly shovel dripping spoonfuls of that crap into their faces. 

These ads are on heavy rotation on the food channels unfortunately, so due to how much I love cooking competitions I see them too often. My own fault but still I bitch.

I totally agree! And they are going to result in some very bad habits in kids that watch them.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Kraft got me to put tacos back in my dinner rotation. I'd forgotten how much I like them and how easy they are to make.

I love them too.  Make them in the crock pot.  Easy peasy.  Think I'm going to make some this weekend.  😀

On 10/1/2019 at 5:01 PM, mmecorday said:

I sprinkled cheese on my broccoli at lunch and I heard Enya singing in my head. Thanks, Kraft.

yeah, some of these commercials are ruining my favorite artists/songs

10 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm usually four square against smacking kids upside the head with two by fours but in the case of Little Mr. I Don't Like Vegetables I'd happily make an exception.

The one I detest is the one where the mother has prepared a full salmon dinner and little mister drama goes all death spiral until Mom makes mac and cheese for the whole family.  Did she toss out that perfectly good salmon?

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

The one I detest is the one where the mother has prepared a full salmon dinner and little mister drama goes all death spiral until Mom makes mac and cheese for the whole family.  Did she toss out that perfectly good salmon?

Right? That shit aint cheap.

• Love 4

Did she toss out that perfectly good salmon?

Hopefully the parents ate it, shared it with the cats, and sent the kid to bed without any supper. The part of the commercial with the kid eating mac n' cheese accompanied by Enya's haunting vocals is the kid's dream.

• LOL 6
On 1/25/2020 at 3:17 PM, peacheslatour said:

I'm usually four square against smacking kids upside the head with two by fours but in the case of Little Mr. I Don't Like Vegetables I'd happily make an exception.

I want to know what asshat decided it was a good idea to TELL the kids there are veggies in the  chicken  nuggets.  Doesn't that  defeat the purpose of  sneaking  them in there?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

I want to know what asshat decided it was a good idea to TELL the kids there are veggies in the  chicken  nuggets.  Doesn't that  defeat the purpose of  sneaking  them in there?

The ad isn't for the kids, it's for the parents. Just feed the kids nuggets, they'll never know. I question how much benefit it is to have whatever portion of veggies is in them.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

The ad isn't for the kids, it's for the parents. Just feed the kids nuggets, they'll never know. I question how much benefit it is to have whatever portion of veggies is in them.

Pffft. Like kids don't  notice  commercials.  

According to Perdue, there's  1/4 cup of  veggies in each serving of  nuggets. And according to  Healthychild dot org, 1/2 cup of  cooked  veggies is  recommended for  children  ages 7-10. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Colleenna said:

Pffft. Like kids don't  notice  commercials.  

And if your kids question their nuggets, you can lie to them. I never had kids, wasn't a picky eater - ate everything put in front of me.

I'm sure there are ample resources to help parents get their kids to eat a healthy diet. I have 11 step-grandchildren, and they all eat a healthy diet. I'm annoyed with advertisers saying kids won't eat a healthy diet.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, chessiegal said:

And if your kids question their nuggets, you can lie to them. I never had kids, wasn't a picky eater - ate everything put in front of me.

I'm sure there are ample resources to help parents get their kids to eat a healthy diet. I have 11 step-grandchildren, and they all eat a healthy diet. I'm annoyed with advertisers saying kids won't eat a healthy diet.

So am I. Plus that snotty smirk on that kid's face makes me feel rage because I don't blame him, I blame the adults that think it's cute. 

• Love 2
On 1/27/2020 at 6:27 PM, chessiegal said:

Yeah, parents, sneak veggies in so your kids get in the habit of eating (what they think are) typical chicken nuggets, rather than learning good eating habits.  Even if the chicken nuggets are the healthiest thing in the world, lying to the kids about it isn't really good for their diets in the long run.

• Love 1
On 1/25/2020 at 10:48 PM, Silver Raven said:

Since I despise fish and seafood I would want something else, too! However, I would never expect anyone else to also change their meal. I feel bad when someone apologies for ordering it at a restaurant because they know the smell makes me nauseous. 

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Since I despise fish and seafood I would want something else, too! However, I would never expect anyone else to also change their meal. I feel bad when someone apologies for ordering it at a restaurant because they know the smell makes me nauseous. 

User avatar does not check out.

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

User avatar does not check out.

She's never given me fish-flavored cat food or treats so who's to say if I'd like them. 😞 But I'm not a normal cat anyway because I love romaine lettuce, raw spinach AND raw Brussels Sprouts!

• LOL 11
8 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

She's never given me fish-flavored cat food or treats so who's to say if I'd like them. 😞 But I'm not a normal cat anyway because I love romaine lettuce, raw spinach AND raw Brussels Sprouts!

You can hang out with my cat, Nathan. He loves avocados, tomatoes and watermelon.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Stella loves cooked tomatoes - tomato soup, marinara, pizza sauce - she'll eat it all. But she doesn't like dairy. Which is OK, because Bosco does and she leaves it all for him.  Mmmmm...sour cream residue after the cheese blintzes have been eaten...nothing better!  The late Scooter ate anything orange except citrus...pumpkin, carrots, canteloupe, butternut squash, peaches - she'd gobble it up. Cats are so weird.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Cats are so weird.

Truer words!

Shlamey (that's her in my avatar) absolutely loved yogurt - especially Greek yogurt.  But, every few bites (licks?) she'd crinkle up her nose and shake her head but then go back for more.  It was like a physical exclamation of It's Tangy!!!

Her last night (she had cancer and her pain was getting worse and meds not helping) I let her have a much of the container as she wanted, tummy issues be damned.

I really do regret not giving her chocolate that night though.  She had a huge sweet tooth and for all her 17 years she really, really wanted some chocolate.  I should have given her some.

• Sad 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, tiftgirl said:

Truer words!

Shlamey (that's her in my avatar) absolutely loved yogurt - especially Greek yogurt.  But, every few bites (licks?) she'd crinkle up her nose and shake her head but then go back for more.  It was like a physical exclamation of It's Tangy!!!

Her last night (she had cancer and her pain was getting worse and meds not helping) I let her have a much of the container as she wanted, tummy issues be damned.

I really do regret not giving her chocolate that night though.  She had a huge sweet tooth and for all her 17 years she really, really wanted some chocolate.  I should have given her some.

The week my 17-year-old Mr. Kitty suddenly got sick--it turned out to be anemia and he died--he could barely eat. He was so hungry but after a couple of ravenous bites he was too weak to do anything more. I bought everything I could think of to get him to eat, even breaking my no stinky fish for cats thing and gave him canned tuna and sardines. 

On-topic and to distract from thinking about dearly-departed kitties 😥:

I honestly can only think of one commercial with a kid that I didn't mind, and actually liked enough to always stop fast-forwarding through ads for. It was the Subaru Legacy one where the dad jokingly asks the kid if he wants to drive. The kid imagines things like being stuck in traffic or getting a parking ticket, and declines. He never comes across as precocious or cutesy to me and his reactions in the scenarios are great. "I was only gone five minutes!" "I'm FIVE!" 

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 6