Type keyword(s) to search

19 Kids And Counting - General Discussion

• Start Topic

TLC has partnered with RAINN and D2L for a documentary on sex abuse and two of the participants are Jill and Jessa.

Which leads me to believe that TLC is holding the door open for future show(s) with Jill, Jessa and their families.

• Love 12
(edited)

Wow - I'm shocked. I never thought it would happen. There goes the gravy train. Now go get some real jobs.

What are the Duggars going to teach about molestation - how to cover it up, protect the guilty child  and hide a person from the law? The people at TLC need their heads examined.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 21

The last part of that article made me ill: "...so they're off the air until Fox News decides to give them a show."  Because I could see that happening.

Yeah. I accidentally clicked on the Fox News report of this - where the Time article talked about RAINN, Fox had all the quotes from the family along the lines of "oh, it wasn't really so bad, what he did".

So what exactly are the Duggars going to contribute to this show about molestation victims? Will they tell them it's not that bad, and it's partially their fault anyway for full-frontal hugging and wearing pajamas to bed?

I do not trust either TLC or the Duggar family to handle this issue with any kind of sensitivity or intelligence. 

Bravo  i am giving you standing ovation great post .  

• Love 8
(edited)

TLC has partnered with RAINN and D2L for a documentary on sex abuse and two of the participants are Jill and Jessa.

Edited to add statement from TLC:

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/an-official-statement-from-tlc/

Lol, file under "Get Money Bitches!!!"

Now that the gravy train has officially ended it looks like Jill and Jessa are going to work the victim circuit. Very shrewd move, girls. Any guesses as to when the inevitable book deal will be announced?

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to make light of sexual abuse, I'm just commenting on the irony here. Not too long ago Jessa was flippantly waving her hand in Megyn Kelly's face, claiming the abuse was no biggie and they are like, so over it and now she's a warrior for the cause. I guess she's had a change of heart now that her income has gone bye-bye.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 14
(edited)

I bet Jimmy boy is upset... what happened to TLC never canceling the show?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/17/jim-bob-duggar-petition-19-kids-and-counting_n_6340246.html

I guess Jim Bob didn't know he was within earshot of God. Edit: And this was only last December. How the mighty have been canceled!

“We love everybody, but we don’t always agree with them," Duggar told Pathway last month. He added that he is unfazed by the petition. “They won’t succeed. Our show is the number one show on TLC. We love everybody. It’s a small group creating this fuss. All it has done is give us more exposure. We’ve gained 50,000 Facebook fans last week. God is expanding our borders through the national media.”

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 9

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/an-official-statement-from-tlc/

Why?  Haven't they been telling everyone who listen and even those of us who weren't that what happened wasn't really abuse and wasn't that big a deal?

Or will that narrative change now too that they're no longer tap dancing as fast as they can in hopes of saving their cash cow?  I guess if they can now pretend that Joshie boy doesn't exist as they seem to be trying to, anything's possible.

• Love 18
(edited)

Do you think Michelle is giving her husband a lesson on irony today?

"Now, Jim... this doesn't mean that Jana is ironing your shirt."

Michelle's probably so medicated it takes her five minutes to say 'Mother......of....the......yearrrrrrr'. Jim Bob's probably doing some yelling. I'm glad some of the boys are out of the house at camp.

Show?  Their statement says it was never a show, it was their lives.   LOL       Can't keep their lies straight.

They're not a TV family. Just a family that's on TV. Right Jessa?

(Jessa's doing a lot of yelling at her house, too.)

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 7

I wonder if the Duggar girls aren't involved in the documentary as a sop to whatever hardcore fans the family has left, because I don't think RAINN (mission statement: we want the rapists in prison) is going to be involved in a documentary that's going to make Jim Bob happy.

• Love 10
(edited)

I think it's admirable that TLC has decided to do a documentary about child abuse in order to raise public awareness and to bring help to victims, but I'm suspicious as to the motives of TLC at the decision to have both Jessa and Jill contribute to this documentary. For reasons only known to TLC, there are most likely an ulterior motive for including Jessa and Jill. It's possible that TLC still wants to introduce a reality show based on Jessa, Ben, Jill and Derick.

Considering the fact that during the Meghan Kelly and Jessa/Jill interview that it was presented in a way that both girls demonstrated that they had forgiven their brother and moved on. After all, "he was a kid" and they "didn't even know what had happened until their mother told them what had happened".  Will they do a turn-around and about-face in a TLC documentary? They downplayed it then, will they emphasize it now just for ratings and a chance for their own shows?  Will they claim that they were traumatized and victimized and suffered emotional distress? It will be interesting as to how they'll present the facts now, after the Meghan Kelly interview and their attempts at defending Josh and their parents.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 22

So what exactly are the Duggars going to contribute to this show about molestation victims? Will they tell them it's not that bad, and it's partially their fault anyway for full-frontal hugging and wearing pajamas to bed?

I do not trust either TLC or the Duggar family to handle this issue with any kind of sensitivity or intelligence. 

Normally I'd agree with this statement. But with RAINN involved, hopefully it will be handled intelligently. I just hope the RAINN team gets final cut approval, and knew enough to ask for that before they signed up for this project.

• Love 10

My fellow Americans...our long national nightmare is over.

Now I'm wondering if they'll run reruns? They certainly have a boatload of reruns. I mean, to turn on the box and find a Duggar marathon going on was not unusual, especially on the weekends. However, they don't run Honey Boo-Boo reruns. Or at least I've haven't seen any. 

• Love 1

I bet the hair helmut was all kinds of messed up this morning. 

Right now I'm praying Funny or Die will do a new spoof on the cancellation. With the same actors who portrayed Boob and Me-chelle in the earlier "Josh scandal response" parody - they were awesome.

• Love 8

Now I'm wondering if they'll run reruns? They certainly have a boatload of reruns. I mean, to turn on the box and find a Duggar marathon going on was not unusual, especially on the weekends. However, they don't run Honey Boo-Boo reruns. Or at least I've haven't seen any.

The TLC press release says "the show will no longer appear on the air". If the list of advertisers who said they would not run spots during the show were serious, wouldn't be much money in it. Plus, in retrospect so many things seem even ickier (if that's even possible!)

• Love 8

TLC will not air old episodes either.

• Love 4

I would hope that in the documentary, the way the Duggars handled things is shown to be SO WRONG. I also hope the girls' feet are held to the fire with the bs "forgiveness" stuff. I'd sorta like to see the professional counselors basically break down the girls and make them understand the seriousness of what happened and how their niece(s) are still in danger. 

• Love 11