Type keyword(s) to search

Vixen Media: Reports, Clips, and Production Info

Episode description of Vixen's Arrow episode:

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 24

ARROW

"Taken" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

VIXEN JOINS TEAM ARROW -

Oliver (Stephen Amell) realizes he needs help battling Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) so he calls in an old friend - Vixen (guest star Megalyn E.K.). Using her magical ability to summon animal powers, Vixen gets a lock on Darhk's location and the team goes to war. Meanwhile, Thea (Willa Holland) has a heart-to-heart talk with Malcolm (John Barrowman).

• Love 2

Vixen joining the cast of Legends of Tomorrow, but...

The CW has revealed to TV Insider exclusively that the character of Vixen will be joining the Arrow-Flash spin-off as a series regular. However, she is going to look a little different from the Vixen fans met when Megalyn E.K. guested on Arrow last season as Mari McCabe....

Unfortunately, the in-demand actress ... is unavailable for the role as she's looking at some possible upcoming film projects. 

So instead of recasting the fan favorite, the show instead plans to introduce a new Vixen who will actually be an old Vixen. Yep, thanks to Rip Hunter's affinity for time-travel, we're going to meet an earlier version of the character who may or may not share some sort of historical tie to Miss McCabe. Even cooler, E.K. will continue to voice the role of Vixen in the CW Seed animated series of the same name and the door has been left open for her to guest star on any of the Arrowverse shows should her scheduling work out.

That's one way to work around the actress' availability, but I would have preferred if they just used a different character, or just had Megalyn as a recurring guest star.

• Love 3

Vixen getting a one-shot Rebirth comic: http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-dc-comics-vixen-joins-rebirths-justice-league-of-america/

VIXEN. She’s one of the country’s most successful businesswomen, an iconic fashion pioneer, a crusader for social justice, and an incredibly powerful member of the Justice League of America. But Mari McCabe life wasn’t always this way. Follow her path to becoming the heroic Vixen in this crucial special!

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: VIXEN #1
Written by STEVE ORLANDO and JODY HOUSER
Art by JAMAL CAMPBELL
Cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO and MARCELO MAIOLO
One shot • On sale JANUARY 11
32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/10/03/the-justice-league-of-america-is-back-just-when-we-need-it-most

VixenRebirth1.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1

• Love 1

Hmm... no news = bad news? CW announced renewals and a Constantine animated series for CWSeed, but no word on Vixen. I was disappointed in "season" 2, so I wasn't really excited for a season 3, but I wonder if that's it for Vixen.

On 1/8/2017 at 7:40 PM, Trini said:

Hmm... no news = bad news? CW announced renewals and a Constantine animated series for CWSeed, but no word on Vixen. I was disappointed in "season" 2, so I wasn't really excited for a season 3, but I wonder if that's it for Vixen.

Yeah, I suppose it accomplished what they wanted and now they have a different live action version so they seem to be moving on to other projects?  Or maybe we'll just here about it later.  Didn't they wait until like 4-18 or later before announced that Vixen was coming back.  

Vixen "movie" on DVD/Blu-ray:

From executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment brings you the animated feature, VIXEN: The Movie on Blu-ray (including Digital HD copy) and DVD on May 23, 2017. VIXEN: The Movie is priced to own at $19.98 SRP for the Blu-ray and $18.94 SRP for the DVD.

VIXEN: The Movie combines the first two seasons of the CW Seed digital series into a single uniform story, and includes 15 minutes of all-new, never-before-seen content. The special features include a brand new featurette, and two Vixen-focused episodes of Justice League Unlimited, handpicked by Bruce Timm.

BLU-RAY & DVD FEATURES:

Vixen: Spirit Animal featurette

Bruce Timm's Top Picks:

Episode from Justice League Unlimited, "Hunter's Moon"

Episode from Justice League Unlimited, "Grudge Match"

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Vixen-The-Movie/23058

• Love 2

Hmm -- I wonder how they're going to edit this to air for broadcast. In addition to commercials, they have to have at least a few minutes for the producers. Because if they show the version that was released on DVD - which has extra footage - it will end up being 5 minutes or less for the producers to tease the new season. (I'm assuming about 40 minutes of ads) If they show what they put up on CW Seed, then there's more time; about 20 minutes.

20 hours ago, Trini said:

They aired the 'extra' scenes that were on the DVD. I'm glad, it was interesting and a nice transition between the two 'seasons'.

That was the part where she got the job at the zoo, right?

• Love 1