Type keyword(s) to search

Vixen Media: Reports, Clips, and Production Info

(edited)

Twitter account for CW Seed (contains Vixen news)...

https://twitter.com/cwseed

cwseed ‏@cwseed  17m17 minutes ago
#Vixen is coming to cwseed.com on August 25, and she's bringing some friends you might know...

https://twitter.com/cwseed/status/621755038193610754

Vixen | Comic-Con 2015 Sizzle | CW Seed

Casting info for Vixen...

Vixen Animated Series Brings Magic to the World of Arrow and The Flash

“This is essentially a coming-of-age story,” Arrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim says of the six-episode series, which will tell one complete 30-minute tale. A young woman named Mari McCabe (voiced by Megalyn Echikunwoke) discovers that a mysterious totem she inherited from her now-deceased parents bestows magical abilities. “It basically gives her the powers of any animal on Earth,” Guggenheim says. “She can fly like an eagle, she can have the strength of a gorilla, she can run as fast as a cheetah.”

Should the character eventually make a live-action appearance, she’ll already be acquainted with the gang: Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen), Grant Gustin (Barry Allen), Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity Smoak), and Carlos Valdes (Cisco Ramon) are making guest voice appearances on Vixen....

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Interesting that she's another one that starts with an anti-costume.  Although from the artwork in the previous post it looks like they get her into a costume soon enough (by the end of this).

• Love 1
(edited)

MG talks about Oliver and Barry appearing in Vixen in part of this interview: 

"The thing that's most fun about Arrow and Vixen is - [Oliver's] there with Barry Allen, the Flash.  And usually it's Oliver who's going 'I don't believe in metas, this doesn't make any sense' and Barry's like 'well, it's science, I totally get it.' The dynamic is switched because Vixen's [powers] are magic-based, they're mythical. So that's something Oliver understands. That's something Oliver buys into. And it's the thing that Barry as a scientist can't wrap his head around. So their normal dynamic in dealing with someone with powers is completely flipped, and that's a lot of fun."

2015 Comic-Con Roundtable Interview: Marc Guggenheim & Wendy Mericle (Arrow)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

5 reasons to get excited about The CW's new show, 'Vixen'
by Lauren Gallaway Aug 18, 2015 | 10:45AM
http://community.ew.com/2015/08/18/vixen-the-cw-the-flash-and-arrow/

At least five actors from The Flash and Arrow will be featured on Vixen, including Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen/The Arrow), Grant Gustin (Barry Allen/The Flash), Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity Smoak), Katie Cassidy (Laurel Lance/Black Canary), and Carlos Valdes (Cisco Ramon). These characters will be central to Mari’s story, which takes place during Arrow‘s third season. Barry and Oliver are very interested in Mari’s powers because she did not get them from the particle accelerator explosion.
Edited by tv echo

I do like that in one sense they seem to bu pushing this hard (at least on social media--have there been ads on billboards and on the sides of buses?). On the other though this rises or falls with the willingness of people to go to CWSeed.  And many just... never will.  I see people all of the time when they miss a TV episode, for example, where the idea of going to a network's website to see it either never occurs to them or is totally anathema to them.  This has a big battle to fight to get noticed by most of the viewing world.

Part of me almost thinks an animated series on TV might work better (or even through a traditional service with a built in audience like Netflix).

Edited by Kromm

Looks so good. And this series is probably going to be used to get the CW seed atention like Arrow was used to attract a more diverse audience. The internet is a growing Avenue for shows.

• Love 1

Looks so good. And this series is probably going to be used to get the CW seed atention like Arrow was used to attract a more diverse audience. The internet is a growing Avenue for shows.

Only if CW Seed was advertised DURING broadcasts of Arrow and Flash.  And the timing is all wrong. Those shows don't come back for months, and Vixen is being launched now.

• Love 2

Even without new episodes, they could still do a little 10-second "If you like Arrow/Flash, check out Vixen on CW Seed" during the summer re-airings.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Just so everyone is aware, the official place to watch the show is here.  There are CW Seed apps for Android and iOS as well, linked from that page.

I don't know yet if the entire series will be released at once, or one episode at a time.

• Love 1

Nice interviews with ME...

Megalyn Echikunwoke on ‘Vixen’ and a Potential Live-Action Crossover with ‘Flash’ and ‘Arrow’
BY CHRISTINA RADISH      2 HOURS AGO
http://collider.com/vixen-star-megalyn-echikunwoke-on-cw-superhero-series-flash-crossover/

Megalyn Echikunwoke: Vixen Is a Character I Always Wanted To Exist, And I Didn't Know She Already Existed
Russ Burlingame- 08/24/2015
http://comicbook.com/2015/08/25/megalyn-echikunwoke-vixen-is-a-character-i-always-wanted-to-exis/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
myshows123 asked:

Hey Marc,quick question I watch vixen and I love it but in what time period its in like in the arrow or flash thanks

Vixen happens around Arrow Ep. 315.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/post/129197420934/hey-marcquick-question-i-watch-vixen-and-i-love#notes

ageofaquarius asked:

Did you expect Vixen to be as big of a hit as she has been? We need longer eps.

I’m really gratified that Vixen has been so well received.  It’s really amazing.  And I’m aware that the biggest criticism is the length – or lack thereof – of the episodes.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/post/129197115409/did-you-expect-vixen-to-be-as-big-of-a-hit-as-she#notes

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I said it over in the Arrow thread and I'll say it here again.  I think MG has forgotten what was going on during Arrow's 3.15 episode, the one where Oliver leaves on a suicide mission to Nanda Parbat and Felicity couldn't seem to talk to him without getting mad.  MG before said this takes place around 3.16 which would make sense since after 3.16 Felicity and Oliver were actually on the closest thing to normal terms as they were the whole season apart from the Flash crossover.  So despite what MG is saying now, I'll stick with the 3.16 timeline after Oliver has come back and has refound his reason for doing what he does.  That guy would go looking for Mari.  The dude he was in just the episode before probably wouldn't have bothered unless she could train him to sword fight better against Ra's. 

• Love 1

DC eventually got their share of MALE black heroes (at least a few) but they definitely left the black female ones behind. The only other one I can even THINK of was inherited from Milestone (Icon's partner, Rocket). And she's D-list at best, not C like Vixen.

I suppose there's a good argument that the non-super-heroic Amanda Waller counterbalances a lot of this (by being so dominant even WITHOUT powers), but that can only go so far. Plus they weren't even willing to leave her alone and basically made her a new person with the same name, but "hot" instead of who she really was.

Natasha Irons MIGHT count. She was a superhero for like... five minutes.

I suppose if we go way back there was Nubia, "The Black Wonder Woman".

• Love 1

They had Black Lightnings daughters pre-52. One was even a lesbian, but of course they have been erased and forgotten.

I'd never even heard of those characters until I fell down the DC youtube channel rabbit hole a few weeks ago:

• Love 1